Start by marking “Honk If You Love Real Men (Tempting SEALs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Honk If You Love Real Men (Tempting SEALs, #1)

Honk If You Love Real Men

(Tempting SEALs #1)

Wanted: Real Men. Must be irresistible, good with his hands, and know how to handle any situation... in or out of the bedroom.

Honk If You Love Real Men is a contemporary erotic anthology featuring some of the brightest up and coming names in contemporary romance and erotic romance.

"Naughty Girl" by Carrie Alexander:
When a sexy, sassy woman driving in her convertible catche
Trade Paperback, 235 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Griffin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Honk If You Love Real Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honk If You Love Real Men

Start your review of Honk If You Love Real Men (Tempting SEALs, #1)
Heather
Sep 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Nauti boys
Recommended to Heather by: Collette
Shelves: lora-leigh, erotica
I only read Tempting SEALS book #1 so far... I skipped to the back to read it! I really wanted to get started reading this series, and Im glad I got to read this story first.

Raven has been in love with Reno since she was 17... but because Reno is 6 years older than her, he left and joined the Navy to get away. Years later, Raven is 25 and a grown woman... so when Reno is back from a mission he decides its time to make Raven his. No matter how much she teases and runs away, he will have her.

Thi
Dina
I´ve only read Lora Leigh´s 'Reno´s Chance' because, to be honest, the other 3 stories in this anthology failed to pick my interest.

After reading Lora Leigh´s 'Wild Card', I was curious enough to want to read about those secondary characters mentioned in that book, so I picked this anthology to read the 1st story in the 'Tempting SEALs' series. Well, I shouldn´t have bothered... This short story didn´t give me any real info about those SEALs´ background. In fact, it was just one sex scene after
Janet Robel
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Four hot and steamy stories. They were quick to read, and I usually like a little more plot.
Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
NAUGHTY GIRL by Carrie Alexander

For Estrella Ianesque, the daily bus ride to work has been improved ever since road construction began along the route. There's one working, covered daily in dust, sweat, and pure male that's driving Estrella's hormones through the roof. When her boss, Eve, has to go out of town for a week, she leaves her spiffy little red Miata convertible in Estrella's care-and not a moment too soon. She plans on using that car to get some up close and personal views of her jac
Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter
I find I'm having a difficult time rating this anthology. Naughty Girl and Wanted: One Hot-Blooded Man were okay stories. I suppose Wanted... is intriguing from a rape-recovery perspective. Naughty Girl was a bit of a .

Have Mercy was a romp. I enjoyed this story but found it lacking in any page-turning conflict.

The big disappointment for me was Reno's Chance. I don't believe the fault is entirely the author's. I'm finding that multi-author anthologies are all but worthless. In this case, I've re
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
I've been craving this for a while because I love Lora Leigh's SEALS series, so when I spotted it at Half Price Books I felt I was in for a real treat.

I didn't know the half of it. Pamela Britton shows us that a sensitive caring man can be hidden behind a sexy exterior. Susan Donovan's characters are a hoot. I really loved it when (view spoiler). Carrie Alexander gives us a woman who musters up the courage to complete her recovery by going
Christie«SHBBblogger»
I like all the authors in this book so I figured I would give it a shot even though I don't normally read anthologies. Well, now I remember why I don't like them. The stories are so short that the author doesn't have time to put detail into the characters and their backgrounds. This causes them to feel too cardboard to me. Since they don't seem real, I'm not interested or invested in what happens to them and I just don't feel any chemistry between the H/h. In my book, the chemistry, tension, and ...more
 ~V~
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
I read this one quite a while ago for Lora Leigh's Navy Seal's story...Reno's Chance, which I see has been re-released as a "solo story". I DO like her Navy Seals and Elite Ops series, but this antho, like MOST anthos, was just too short..it never really does an author justice when she's made to squeeze what should be a full length novel into such a short story (the characters are never fully "fleshed" out and the relationships always seemed rushed).
I liked the characters of Reno and Raven...I h
Angel
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 stars mainly because of Lora Leigh's story. It was, by far, the best story in the book, hands down. The third story was pretty good but the first two I didn't care for. Lora Leigh's "Reno's Chance" was a great start to her Tempting Seals series. This story was very well put together. The first two stories seemed like they were missing something. I just love all the "cheesiness" of romance stories!
Tiffany
Rating for Lora Leigh's story, Reno's Chance, only

Lora Leigh at her finest. Lots of alpha male and lots of hot sex, even if a longer length story would have allowed more fleshing out of the story. But I do love those best friend-younger sister tortured love stories, and this one is great. I'm excited to jump into this SEALs series, since that's also a favorite.
Marion
Apr 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked all the stories. It could have done with a little more character development but all in all they were a fun read.
Katie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was not a fan of the first story, but loved the other three. Need to start looking at those three authors’ works. I love Lora Leigh but never read her SEAL stories - guess that will be changing!

TBR shelf read result: these would be quick re-reads when I need something short and hot. Keep.
Christy Roberts
I put up full review later. This is just an idea for anyone that wants to read before then. Also my version of this book had 346-7 pages not 200 and something as this says it did. There was almost 90 pages missing from the version it claimed I was reading. The Kindle Version lined up however, but I was reading paper back. This book got 4 stars because of the last two stories Have Mercy and Reno's Chance. Otherwise it would have been 2-3 stars.

Naughty Girl got 3 stars. I just didn't like what the
Daisy White
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mitzi
Really loved this book.

1st Story by Carrie Alexander was good. Estrella is going to school and working as a maid. She's been through an ugly divorce and had to leave her family and home town to start a new life so ex can't find her. She's attracted to a hunk of a guy that works on a road construction crew and decides to do the unthinkable and have a fling with him. Pretty steamy.

2nd Story by Pamela Britton was pretty good. Didn't like it as much as the others. Breanna has been raped by her ex f
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2010 rated it liked it
First read Feb 18, 2010.

Series: Reno's Chance (Tempting Seals, 1)

The Stories
Carrie Alexander's Naughty Girl has a different take on men working on a road construction crew when Brenda encourages Estrella to go after Drum, a hunk so gorgeous that all the guys want to be on his crew—he gets all the boob flashers. Estrella takes her chance when her employer goes out of town to chance an anonymous fling with him and invites him to her boss' apartment until everything goes wrong.

Pamela Britton's Wan
Krystean
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
My main reason for purchasing this book was the fact it included the story, Reno's Chance which is about Navy SEAL Reno Chavez and Raven McIntire. Reno and Raven are semi-recurring characters in some form or another in Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALs and Elite Ops series, which I love. Reno's Chance didn't disappoint except for length. It's a short story but I'm greedy and always want full novel length. The other 3 stories were definitely hot & steamy but maybe because of my familiarity with Lora Le ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Sep 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: library-traded
Let me start out by just stating: KILL ME!

1. Naughty Girl: A really BAD episode of a Spanish soap opera on Univision would have been better! ZERO stars! As a matter of fact, this lovely little literary nightmare took stars AWAY from the overall book!

2. Wanted: eh - shrug - i don't know ... it just lacked unity i think. Could she have at least taken a paragraph to explain their past? And what's with the girl on girl experience? what was the point of that? the story was just all over the place. 2-
Linda
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
There are four short stories centering around good-looking men. Some are better than others.

Naughty Girl by Carrie Alexander is about a young woman lusting after a construction worker. When her car breaks down, he and another worker come to help her and she asks him out. Wanted: One Hot-Blooded Man by Pamela Britton is about a woman returning to her first love and finds that the love is still there between them. Have Mercy by Susan Donovan is about a screenwriter who has writer's block and is gi
Lynsey
Nov 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
I have only read Reno's Chance in this anthology and I absolutely loved it. I must admit that I haven't really bothered with the other stories. I did try one of the others and it just couldn't compare.

Reno's Chance is hot and steamy, but also quite sweet. I love how Reno goes after Raven. Yes, he is dominant and a little too sure of himself, but that ultimately is what we love about the Tempting SEALs. I love stories where the man does all the running and boy does he - lucky Raven!

Raven is also
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
I won't rate the book as a whole since I only read 2 of 4 steamy reads. I'll rate the 2 I read. I thought novella #1 by Carrie Alexander was OK. I am not used to her writing style so the phrasing sometimes took me out of the groove the [sometimes:] amusing story. The characters are cast as the good girl and bad boy, so look for a couple good steamy love scenes and a sort of unexpected twist at the end.

Novella #4 Lora Leigh's [SEAL Bk 1:] was my favorite and gets a solid 5. I will defiantely want
Angie
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
phew! These were yummy stories about yummy guys, but what was really great was the women were all trying to find themselves. Headstrong ladies who knew what they wanted and went for it...finding that taking chances on themselves and the men they are attracted to could be a wonderful thing. These were quick reads that you already knew the ending to (they are romances after all...wouldn't be so romantic if they ended up alone...right?) but they were adventures, for both the characters and the read ...more
Maria
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica
Whoa! Holy smoke that was hot! This was my first read of Lora Leighs Tempting Seals (I only had that novel, must try to find the others in the book).
I read it as an e-book, and those I usually read to my breakfast cereals. And boy, it was hard to keep a straight face at times. Some scenes are really hot and on the border of harder stuff like bondage, so it sure isn´t for the faint hearted.

But apart from all the smokin´sex I thought Ms Leigh had written a good story that brought out the up´s and
Jane
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this book so I could read book one of Lora Leigh's Tempting Seals series.
That said, I didn't really care for the first two stories included in this book: Naughty Girl by Carrie Alexander and Wanted: One Hot-Blooded Man by Pamela Britton.
I did enjoy the final two books. Have Mercy by Susan Donovan made me chuckle several times. I'll try to read more of her.
Lora Leigh is one of my favorite authors in this genre so I was sure I'd like Reno's Chance, the first book in the series. I was right.
Mitabird
Honk if You Love Real Men contains four short stories. There's not much for me to say about Alexander's and Britton's stories; I didn't like them. Donovan's was the best, IMO and Leigh is starting to lose it for me. I couldn't help but think of her Nauti series when I was reading her story. All of her heroes seem the same to me and are starting to blend together. I don't know if this is a series that I want to continue to read. There's just too many similarities to her other books.
penelopewanders
Sep 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Anthology of steamy stories, so far (first two stories) the common denominator seems to be women making use of men to meet their own needs, and fall in love along the way.
Fun, steamy read. Not sure which I liked best. Maybe the one about the writer who finds her muse in the Berkshires (Susan Donovan?) This is the third piece I've read by Lora Leigh who seems to be very popular. Of the three by her I've read, this was the best, but I still am on the fence about her.
Angel Padillo
Naughty Girl has to be some of the worst writing I have ever read! It was terrible! The story might of been good if it was written by someone else.

Wanted: One Hot-Blooded Man was also pretty terrible.

Have Mercy was actually really good, I enjoyed it very much and would of liked it to be longer.

Reno's Chance was the reason I started reading this because it is the first story in Lora Leigh's Tempting SEALs series. The story was well written but needed a netter editor.
Kourtni
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I did not think I would enjoy such short stories but I actually really enjoyed them. 3 out of the 4 left me wanting more about the characters and their story so I definitely give them 5 stars the other was sweet just didn't love it as much so 4 for it. I can't wait to read more of lora leigh's tempting seals series!!!
Book
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ultimately I really liked the characters and storyline in this story. This book is what made me what to read this series. The love story is believable and the characters seem real. I had trouble putting it down.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Puzzle Baron's Fiendish Logic Puzzles
  • 2001 Cross Stitch Designs: The Essential Reference Book (Better Homes and Gardens)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #5.5; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike
  • Dark-Hunter 3 Book Box Set
  • The Dark-Hunter Companion
  • The Hollows Insider (The Hollows, #9.5)
  • The Stephanie Plum Novels #2 (Stephanie Plum, #6-8)
  • Nickel (Fallen Lords MC, #1)
  • Through Fire (Portland ME #3)
  • Bewitching Cross Stitch
  • Haunted America
  • Infatuation (Knights Rebels MC, #4)
  • Desertion (Knights Rebels MC, #3)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Tempting SEALs (5 books)
  • Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2)
  • For Maggie's Sake (Tempting SEALs #3)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4)
  • Killer Secrets (Tempting SEALs,  #5)
  • Atlanta Heat (Tempting SEALs #6)