Start by marking “The Vampire's Wolf” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Wolf

The Vampire's Wolf

As a werewolf and a marine, he's duty-bound to protect his enemy

Brianna Vittori is running from vampires. After receiving a mysterious warning, Bri has no choice but to seek refuge with an enemy she never thought she'd run to: werewolves. They're the only ones who can save her…if they don't kill her first.

As a werewolf, marine captain Travis MacConnelly should be immune
Paperback, mass market, 304 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (UK)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Wolf

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo jenna_zps335ff3bd.jpg

The Vampire’s Wolf is by Jenna Kernan. We all know I love my werewolves and vampires. It took a little bit of adjustment for me in this book because the werewolves are different than my usual furry, beautiful, four legged friends. And the vampires are most definitely not handsome and sparkly. Well, the males aren’t anyway. But once I accepted the differences, I ended up loving this book. So, if you have a minute, I’ll tell you about it.

There isn’t a better soldier than Staff Sgt. Travis Toren
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

I think I’ve read exactly one other book from Harlequin’s paranormal line before this one, so I thought I should give another one a go.

The Vampire’s Wolf has a lot of things going for it, first and foremost the interesting world-building that doesn’t make any of the supernatural creatures out to be perfect and sexy. This isn’t based on Twilight-style nonsense. That said, the “vampires” didn’t seem all that vampiric – interesting, however!

The end had a lot of action, and
Shirley
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received The Vampire's Wolf in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The Vampire’s Wolf was another one of those border line Nocturne books. I liked the story, I enjoyed the characters and it kept my interest…. it just seemed like something was missing.

Travis was the perfect tortured, broken hero. He blamed himself for where he has ended up. He’s loyal, courageous, protective and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Brianna has a lot to come to terms with and the revelations that
Jenna Kernan
May 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am so in love with this new cover. My watchful couple, the tilted angle, the barbed wire and that huge moon! They all relay the tension and drama of this story. The book trailer is up on my website at www.jennakernan.com. I also have the back cover information, a book trailer (that my sisters at CoLoNY helped me create) and also a really neat Story Behind the Story extra, which includes some behind the scenes information on my research for this work.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed at The Blogger Girls.

Bri gets the shock of her life when a female vampire shows up at a hospital and tells Bri to run. Knowing something dangerous is chasing her, Bri takes the advice and leaves town heading towards the only creatures she thinks can protect her – werewolves. Unfortunately, werewolves are taught to kill vampires on site but the two werewolves she meets – Mac and Johnny – are an odd pair and with mixed feelings, they try to protect her as much as they can. But when their
Kathy
Amelia
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Original is the first word that comes to mind when I think of the latest Nocturne book by Jenna Kernan. The author has cleverly constructed a story featuring numerous supernatural beings, and each one has traits that are very distinctive plus not typically found for their kind. Vampires are not portrayed as romantic creatures and evil deeds are always their intention. While werewolves may have morals plus compassionate feelings, they do not change into beautiful animals. Even the Fae are shown t ...more
Kat
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
My feelings towards this book are murky. If "The Vampire's Wolf" is meant to be a stand alone novel then I find it disappointing but if this is merely the beginning of a series than I kind of like it....

The story starts off pretty interesting but things take a dive when the attraction between the main character's is introduced. There was no real tension or temptation between the characters. It was more along the lines of "Werewolf meets Vamp-Girl but doesn't trust or like her kind so he says he
Douglas Meeks
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a great story, characters I loved and a plot (I thought) I would love.

Unfortunately what I got was a great story told somewhat poorly in that it dragged on and dragged on until I was wondering if anything was ever going to happen. To be fair a lot of the time was going towards setting up the romance but it was done in such a manner that I finally had to start scanning pages or it was going to be a DNF (did not finish).

The main characters Brianna and Mac (with a sizable part of the story
Carrie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, calibre-library
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was definitely a darker, more military driven look at the paranormal world than I typically read. The vampires are ugly, mean, and out to eat you. The werewolves are somewhere in between. And the military is definitely out to get you. Sadly, Bri gets stuck in the middle of all of it.

Bri is a confused girl who has grown up with fairy tales and a caring grandmother. When her grandmother passes away after telling her of her magica
Norma Dunphy
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as part of the Goodreads First Reads program. Thank you, Jenna!

This was a fun, interesting, fast-paced read. A completely different take on vampires, which I haven't seen for a while. Of course, it's the standard Harlequin fare - boy meets girl, usually under extreme circumstances, and they fight their attraction to each other until finally realizing they're in love. There's a few steamy sex scenes and lots of action in between. But there's a decent and intriguing backstory
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not a bad book, this is a story of a Marine Staff Sargent Travis 'Mac' MacConnelly that was turned into a werewolf on his tour in the Sandbox of Afghanistan and him and his best friend John Lam were the only survivors but were bitten, Mac can change at will but poor Johnny is stuck in the in between stage part man part wolf. Their semi peaceful rest? they are for study but not for missions, anyways they never encountered to have to deal with vamps right outside of the fence of their base but the ...more
Laurel Richards
Pros: I love vampire fiction, and I love werewolf fiction, so the paranormal elements were terrific for me. I thought the author had an interesting take on these supernaturals. I also enjoyed the setting. Who isn't captivated by the idea of a secret military base? The action scenes were well done, especially when the heroine was moving at super speed.

Cons: I don't know if I just got a bad copy, but there were editing issues and typos all over the place. They kept jolting me out of the story as I
Lisa Annesley
3.5*s

If you're tired of the same old vamps and shifters, then THE VAMPIRE'S WOLF is for you. The vamps and their origins are unique. The shifters aren't your standard issue, either.

Still, I kinda missed the good old, regular vamps and shifters. I did like the military angle, though.

There were some continuity problems, lots of typos, and a few things that weren't explained. (view spoiler)

The problems seemed insurm
Mary
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, own
I did not enjoy this book in the least, I literally wanted to toss it across room, or beat my head against the wall, due to the repetitive writing, nothing like beating a dead horse....

Also the characters were not likable, Bri was a sniveling, immature do gooder, that you just wanted to smack.

This was the first book that I have read by Jenna Kernan, and it will be my last.
Heather McCorkle
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this unique view of the supernatural creatures. More of a raw look at them than a romanticized one, but in a good, honest sort of way. I would have liked more tension and obstacles to the attraction and romance between Breanna and Travis to make it feel a little more authentic, but it wasn't bad. I would recommend it for fans of paranormal romance.
Karen
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once this book got going, about halfway or more along, it was a very good read. Initially it struggled to keep my attention. But I loved the slight tormented souls of both Mac and Bri. And the concepts were very original in the whole vampire werewolf dynamics.
Tracey
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Ive read this book for sure and enjoyed, cant see where my review went.

I've started shifters choice and knew the characthers where familiar

3.5
Jill Bradley
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Check out my review posted at Vampire Book Club

Tia
Aug 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Good.

This should be made into a series now. It was a pretty good read and I'd dig a good series because the author left too many thing open ended.
Iris (Artemis Library)
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although the beginning was a little slow. The second half of the book made it up with just right amount of hot-ness. I look forward to read more from Jenna Kernan.
Jessica
This was a good story but the book itself would have benefitted greatly from a proofreader. There were many mispellings and editing mistakes, which were quite jarring as I was reading.
Arlet
Oct 23, 2015
Cindy
Sep 21, 2014
Marisa
rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2014
Stephanie
Mar 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beyond the Moon (In the Company of Vampires #3)
  • The Resurrectionist
  • Running with Wolves (The Colony #1)
  • Releasing the Hunter
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Golden Vampire (Blood Knight Chronicles # 1)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Guardian Wolf (Alpha Force #3)
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • Siren's Treasure (Dark Seas #2)
  • The Keepers: Christmas in Salem (The Keepers Trilogy, #4)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
  • Possessed by an Immortal (Horsemen, #2)
Thank you for finding me on GoodReads.

I offer a FREE eBook to new VIP Readers. To join my newsletter and receive your welcome gift visit: http://littl.ink/TropicalTarget

Here's a bit more about me...

Publishers Weekly bestselling author, Jenna Kernan, writes romantic suspense that RT BookClub called "Flat-out good." Winner of the Book Buyers' Best award and two-time RITA nominee, Jenna Kernan has