Start by marking “Strange Faces” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Strange Faces

From experienced and award winning author Linda Hall comes Strange Faces, a collection of seven stories that will take you to a place where killers can linger in your backyard but where magic can sometimes change everything. The voyage begins with Pickers and Choosers, and with a group of young dumpster foragers who witness a murder. Or do they? And why now, after twenty-s ...more
Published May 25th 2014 by Linda Hall

To ask other readers questions about Strange Faces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Faces

Violet
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The last time I enjoyed a book of short stores as much as I did Strange Faces by Linda Hall, it was authored by Alice Munro.

Strange Faces has some similarities. Like the characters in Munro’s books, Hall’s are all ordinary people—housewives, mechanics, teachers. And like Munro’s tantalizing first lines, the beginnings of each story in Hall’s seven-story collection pulled me in so I wanted to read more.

“I’ve suspected for some time that I should go to the authorities about Lewis. Why haven’t I?
Janet Sketchley
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Linda Hall has a gift for evoking memorable characters and situations. Most of these stories are suspense or mystery, with the occasional strand of magic or the unexplained. Because the author weaves a form of magic of her own in these tales, pulling us into the fictional world, it's a believable experience. Sometimes too believable, in the stories with narrators we discover to be less than trustworthy--I was reading in a public place and found myself studying the strangers around me and wonderi ...more
Dorene Meyer
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a very enjoyable read - a definite "must" for your summer reading book list!

Linda Hall is a strong writer with memorable characters and riveting plots.

Lina
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories. Very compelling and eerie and Ms. Hall's endings are far from what you might expect them to be. Kudos!
Norah Wilson
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of short stories. Very deft writing and some seriously creepy plots. Two thumbs up.
Elaine Steil
Irene Van
Feb 23, 2019
Joni
Mar 01, 2019
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor