Start by marking “Branches of the Willow (The Ancients #3)” as Want to Read:
Branches of the Willow (The Ancients #3)

Branches of the Willow

(The Ancients #3)

The Ancients Series, Vol. 3
This is a new-adult book intended for ages 16+.

Jessica St. Marks has found her true mate.

Antoine De’ Lune, the old werewolf King, was killed by his son, and no longer poses a threat.

Jessica has taken her place as the white wolf ruler, and now the wonderful life she has always dreamed of is in her grasp.

A family betrayal brings Jessica’s old enemi
Published August 5th 2014 by Moonlit Dreams Publications (first published July 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Branches of the Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branches of the Willow

Meka Weaver
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. This series has kept me intrigued throughout. The story was still strong. There is danger, deceit, love, loss and triumph! I will continue with this series. I find it refreshing and a different take on werewolves. Which pulls you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Jessica is still strong and sassy which makes me love her still. If you enjoyed the first two stories this one will not disappoint. I recommend this to all supernatural readers there is a little everything wi ...more
Heather andrews
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mikael that boy sure knows how to pounce on his woman, "in the space of a breath, he was stalking towards me, his towel lost along the way, as he climbed across the bed to get me." Can you say hot!?! He says the nicest things, "the sexy as hell grin on his face had me turning in his arms, and climbing back on top of him again. "hell, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were like a b**** in heat right now." Upon seeing my pouty face starting up, he added on, "not that I mind at all." He's so ...more
Krystn
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give this book ten stars!!!!!

so awesome. seriously best one in this series. cannot wait for book four to come out. everyone needs to read this book and this series. I want all these books to be turned into movies!!!
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
Gah!!!!!!!!!! LOVE this series! Can't wait to read the final book! This one was just as good as the others and I am falling in love with this author! A must read :)
Katie Jones
This was good. Maybe not quite as good as the last book but then that was awesome. Also I think perhaps I'm missing pieces of the story, maybe there are some short novellas hidden somewhere because occasionally something will be mentioned that implies I should know about it already or hints at something else going on... anyway, that didn't put me off, this is still a great, easy read series.
Bernadette
This series just gets better and better. We now know that Jess' true mate is Mikael and they are very well suited. Despite his heartbreak, Evan concedes that Mikael was the better match and despite their previous hostilities, Evan and Mikael joined forces to bring down their father. With the King dead, you'd think that all their troubles were over..... not in the slightest!

We encounter Serena a lot more in this book and between her and the previous white wolves, we learn so much more about the h
Barbara Gordon
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd give the latest book in this series 4.5 stars. While book 2 ended up on a non-cliffhanger, this book picks up right where book 2 left off. Jess is coming into her own as a leader, earning the respect of the elders of the rest of the clans. Well most, because if everyone just fell into line, where would the story go? I loved watching the relationship between Mikael and Jess grow, he not only loves her but respects her as well and truly completes her as a person. It was interesting learning mo ...more
Chelsea
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessica sure has her hands full with being a new Mate, leader, and White Wolf to the supernatural world. She has much to do with dealing with her persistent and vengeful enemies and building back up the werewolf population.

On top of all of that, things are heating up between Jess and Mikael. Many surprises are in store for them in this third addition to the Ancients series, as well as many trials to face. But they will be stronger for the challenges they endure, and more determined than ever
Kathy B
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming Together

The White Wolf is growing up and assuming the duties of ruler.
There are a lot of sub plots and unanswered "questions to lead you into the final book 4.
As a whole the pace is moving and with a lot of additional characters it is. a challenge to keep everyone's roles straight. There were a few word errors but did not distract.
Barbara
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the third in a series of books about a clan of werewolves and a woman who becomes the fulfillment of legend as the “white wolf”. It is a paranormal romance – with her love interests being two werewolves who are “ancients”. I have read the first three in this series and would like to read more.
Angela Dickson
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this series had to keep going one book after another.

Really enjoyed this series love the other world type stories. found it hard to stop reading as wanted to know what was going to happen. feel these books.are suited to late teens thru to what ever age. any one who has an appreciation of.the imagination and the possibility that there is something else.

Nekeisha Ryce
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jess and Mikael!!!! Even Evan redeem himself. Ashley is the best!!! This story was a great continuation ofbthe series and I fell in love with the characters and story even more. Good Read!!!!!!!
Deborah
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I have to say that this book was slightly disappointing compared to the last two I feel as though there wasn't as much detail as was in the rest of the series so far. A good plot continuation but just not as good in my eyes.
Ashley
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Christine Butler has delivered! There is just as much action, drama, romance, and intrigue as the first two books. If you like any of those, then you won't want to miss Branches of the Willow. Make sure you read them in order though! They are definitely not standalones.
Richard Fish
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tale

I have read this series and so far it does interest me the way the story is told. it has mystery romance and thrills to be thought about as you read.I look forward to the next book.
Christine Butler
May 30, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Branches of the Willow (The Ancients, Vol. 3) will be available July 29, 2014.
Sandra
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Ok I am happy to have an explanation for Mikael's behavior in the first book which actually makes some sense given his seemingly complete character change in the second book.
Alisa Lawry
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
God I'm loving mikeal in this book! Great storyline and so excited for the next book!
Irene Hollimon
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
PNR
Shannon Smith
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The suspense just doesn't stop! This series has me enthralled!!
Candice

I liked it. I love all the characters in these books. Will be waiting and anticipating the next up and coming books from Christine M. Butler.
Heather Hungate-Brown
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a strong woman character and that's Jess. I really enjoy the relationship between Jess and Mikael. He completes her. This book has everything. Action and romance. Love the characters
Teresa
Stephanie Wiegand
Jul 16, 2017
Kylee
May 28, 2019

• Darkness Unleashed (Mystic Wolves, #6)
  • Gambling on Her Bear (Shifters in Vegas, #2)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Sword of Mercy (La Patron's Sword, #2)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Pale Moon (Red Moon, #5)
  • Lawful Claim (The Sigma Menace #4)
  • Captured (Serenity, #3)
  • Alpha Ascendant (Wolf Rampant, #3)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Claiming His Witch (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Coven (Elise Michaels, #1)
  • The Alpha's Surrogate (The Surrogates Series, #1)
  • Desires of a Full Moon (Rise of the Arkansas Werewolves #3)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Saving Arianna (Dot Com Wolves 2)
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
Christine M. Butler writes paranormal fantasy books. She also writes contemporary romance books under the name Christine Michelle. She does so from her fabulous home tucked away near the southern tip of the Appalachian Mountains on the North Carolina / Georgia border. That means she sees a lot of rainy days to help her focus on writing, but when the sun comes out she’s usually playing in the woods ...more

The Ancients (5 books)
  • Shadows of the Ancients (The Ancients #1)
  • Falling into the White (The Ancients #2)
  • Bound by the Moon