Start by marking “The Unexpected Gift (The Hunted, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Unexpected Gift (The Hunted, #1.5)

The Unexpected Gift

(The Hunted #1.5)

When Michael "Coop" Cooper gave up his Gift, he was told it'd be forever. And he accepted it. Years later, the sacrifice doesn't seem so terrible: he’s learned to survive without it, he's gained the necessary intel to begin building a Gifted army, and he found the woman he intends to claim for his own.

In the middle of their recruitment process, his Gift comes back.
Published June 3rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Unexpected Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unexpected Gift

Start your review of The Unexpected Gift (The Hunted, #1.5)
Christi Snow
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Coop and Sam have always had a complicated relationship. She's not quite sure she can trust him. He's trying not to scare her away with the full depth of his feelings. That only gets worse after things change for Coop and his gift. On a good day Memory-Bringers and Illusionists don't really get along. Coop gave up his gift as an Illusionist though to help bring them all together. And now she's running scared because things have changed.

I loved that this novella is from Coop's point of
Shirley
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one falls somewhere between a 4 1/2 and a 5 for purely selfish reasons.... I want more time with Coop and Sam. *sigh*

I loved the first book in The Hunted series. Maybe the reason I picked up this novella before I even finished Elusive Memories was because I knew that one book about these two wasn’t going to be enough. Regardless, I wasn’t disappointed.

The Unexpected Gift is told from Coop’s POV. I liked that switch. Getting his gift back caught everyone off guard, but Sam’s response threw
Chris
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2015, 2014
Answers Questions and Hints of What is to Come

This novella stands well on its own. It's a perfect read when you have only a small bit of time and want to read a story from start to finish. It really excels as a follow-up to Elusive Dreams, and as a bridge to the next book. More is revealed about Sam and Coop, plus enough teasers about Janey and the escalating conflict to make it a hard wait for the next book.

Shaunesay
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked Coop in the first book, so definitely enjoyed this story centered on him. This is a feel good story of someone who willingly sacrificed an important part of himself for the greater good, to ultimately be rewarded beyond his hopes for that selflessness. A good companion piece to Elusive Memories.
Stacey
Tara
Feb 24, 2018
Alba Innovation
Nov 08, 2018
Amanda Shofner explores the connections between family, friends, and lovers in contemporary romance. When she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading, investigating the Twin Cities with her dog Scarlet, adventuring to new restaurants, drinking coffee, or declaring, "There's a Futurama episode for that."

The Hunted (2 books)
  • Elusive Memories (The Hunted, #1)
  • Hidden Illusions (The Hunted, #2)