Start by marking “The Teashop on the Corner” as Want to Read:
The Teashop on the Corner

The Teashop on the Corner

At her beloved husband's funeral, Carla Pride discovers that Martin never divorced his first wife and has been living a double life with her. And his other wife, Julie Pride, is determined to take everything from Carla - her home, her money, and her memories.

When Will Linton's business goes bust he at least thinks that with the support of his trophy wife Nicole he will ris
Published June 19th 2014 by Simon & Schuster (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Teashop on the Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teashop on the Corner

Start your review of The Teashop on the Corner
Veronica ⭐️
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a, 2014, s-s
If this story doesn’t make you cry, your heart may be made of stone.

The Teashop on the Corner has an endearing cast of main characters. Real people you feel you know and want to be friends with.
Carla finds out after the death of her husband that her whole marriage has been a lie.
Will has worked hard to build his business to the level where he and his wife can afford a life of luxury only to loose it all after a bad investment.
Molly, who only ever wanted to find her prince, feels that life has si
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This has got to be THE BEST book I've read this year, and I sure have read a lot of good ones lately. It's amazing! It's one of these books that despite being quite thick in pages, you'll devour in on or two sittings. It's PERFECT, from beginning to the end in every possible aspect.

The story might seem complex at first, with many characters and their stories overlapping, but once you get in
Anne
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine a warm and welcoming tea shop. A place that sells delicious home-made cakes and scones and wonderfully flavoured teas and coffee. Imagine that the tea shop is also a literary-themed gift shop - full of wonderful fripperies that you just have to buy .... a handbag created from a copy of Pride & Prejudice; a set of Bronte themed postcards; china mugs featuring Dickens characters and paperclips in the shape of Jane Austen's profile. Imagine then that the customers of this tea shop like to d ...more
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, so this is "Chick Lit", but it wasn't light and fluffy romantic stuff. And I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed reading it! On the contrary, it was just what the doctor ordered: heart-warming, with really lovable, believable characters and a good story of friendship. I recommend this to any of my friends who need a short rest from dark and gritty crime thrillers ;-)

Rebekah
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They began to come three days later. The first postcard had a picture of Leeds Town Hall on the front. Dear Ms Merryman. I read your story on the internet and I felt compelled to write to you.

Another gem from Milly which follows her usual winning template about 3 women who find their way and get their lives and relationships straightened out. This one held no surprises, but the joy is in the journey. As usual with many of her books, the romance takes the second stage to the ups and downs of
Elaine
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-it-like-it
This book was an absolute joy to read, I totally and utterly loved it right from page one. Leni’s teashop “The Teashop on the Corner” is the sort of tea shop anyone would love to have on their doorstep. Scrumptious cakes and coffee, surrounded by gorgeous items of literary based stationery to buy with a clientele who like nothing better than to have a good literary debate.

Leni’s customers all have something in common. They are all at crossroads in their lives and need someone for advice, support
Rea Cobb
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having just this minute finished reading The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson, I am so sad to have to leave the wonderful group of characters behind but also I am still buzzing at what an incredible read this was.

The gorgeous Tea Shop on the Corner in Spring Hill Square has recently been opened by the lovely Leni Merryman, her dream of owning her own tea shop that also specialises in rare quirky literary gifts and stationary has finally come true but she could never have imagined that her
Eszter
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a charming little book. I'd never read anything by and never heard of Milly Johnson before, so I didn't know what to expect. I assumed it would be a light and fluffy romance. It was much more than that: yes it is a romance, but it also has some dramatic elements to it. Even though there are some happy endings, they're not cheesy at all; they're quite realistic. And not everyone is fortunate to get a 'happily ever after' ending. The book totally reminds me of the movie Love Actually ...more
Anne
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time Milly Johnson releases a new book, I'm like a small child at Christmas - I can't contain myself or think of anything else until I've opened it up and devoured it. It's getting quite difficult now to say anything new about her books - I reviewed It's Raining Men on my blog last year, and several others on Goodreads before that, and never make any secret of the fact that I'm an unashamed fan and that, for me, she can do no wrong.

This book has everything we've come to expect - the big c
Agi
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, 2014
I think I have never before struggled so much to write a review. Here the reason is very simple: this story was about normal people, about friendship and forgiveness and it was just beautiful. And here my review could end because I guess I can never in a million years do this book a justice with my words. But I'll try anyway.
I have finished reading it a few weeks ago but the thoughts and feelings are still bouncing around in my head and I really have problems to knock a proper sentence about my
Mela
'Because sometimes our perspective gets lost without us realizing it', replied Leni. 'Time and distance help us find it again.'

Another brilliant novel by Milly Johnson. Warm, heart-breaking, full of love.

I wonder, how she invents these stories and characters. It is amazing how from stories about people like you and me, she does such memorable books. Are we all memorable people but we just don't see it?...
Denise
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED 'The Teashop on the Corner' by Milly Johnson. If I could have rated it higher than five stars, I most definitely would.
It was beautifully written, with a refreshing mix of truly believable characters, each one brought to life in my mind by Milly's excellent characterization.
I laughed out loud many times, her humour is superb. I also shed a few tears.
Just perfect!
Bookworman
5 enthusiastic stars!!! One of her best!

Listening to this book was just as wonderful as reading it. Milly Johnson rules!!!

Upgraded to 4 stars after a second read. I just LOVE Milly Johnson’s books!

3.5 stars with 4 star potential. Loved this book! Many thanks to Agi and Joanne for introducing me to this fabulous author. Milly Johnson writes with humor, warmth, and a good helping of snarky. This was the third book I’ve read by her. It was more serious in some ways than “Here Come the Girls” and “T
jo freeman
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Where friendship blossoms, can love flower...?”
Oh my goodness another smashing read by Milly Johnson!
Absolutely love the characters the whole essence of love! I blubbed and laughed through this emotional roller coaster of a ride!
Thank goodness for the world that is Milly with her ever lovely ladies, rotten scoundrels made good and those fellas that race in on their steeds to save the damsel!
Helena Wildsmith
Wow, this book was the very definition of heart warming! All the little plots running along next to each other worked beautifully and the characters felt incredibly real. I'll definitely be buying more by Milly Johnson!
Sharon
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2019
Milly Johnson at her best...this book makes you laugh, cry, scream and everything in between. The characters are so lovingly brought to life in this tale of love, loss and friendship.

Warning you will need tissues...

Bookworman
Milly Johnson rules!!!!!
Stacey
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All reviews can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

As always, I couldn't give a Milly Johnson book less than 5 stars. And this one in particular definitely pulls at your heartstrings. I picked it up from a charity shop and I'm so glad that I did! I've loved all of Milly's novels and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this one - the choice of what to read next was between three of her novels so I will be reading those other two soon and reviewing! So watch this space!

The cover d
Victoria Frow
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good. Loved all the characters and how they interacted with each other. Also this cover is deceiving as you expect it to be nice and cosy but it is a devastating and heartbreaking story inside.
Eszter
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nisa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's never too late to have a happy ending  - HARVEY HOYLAND

I love love love and have enjoyed this book very very much. I think I have made the right decision to read this book in my own time, not rushing towards the ending of the book. I felt all sort of emotions throughout the book - I cried a little, felt furious and angry, my heart fluttered too and I giggled and chuckled. All sorts!!!

Teashop On The Corner was about a literary themed teashop e.g. Thomas Hardy Tuesday, Brontë Sisters Tuesday
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Milly Johnson has done it again with another awesome book. This one definitely touched my heart it was so nice to read a book about different characters.

Carla - her husband has died and she’s at the funeral when her life turns upside down by her husbands wife whom she didn’t know about. Her life has really kicked her when she’s down. She’s having to start all over and even question her whole life.

Molly - has been through 2 marriages and now her son and his wife are determined to put her into a
Sam
I love love loved this book & it has entered my list of favourites ever. I loved the plots, the characters & the entire sentiment of the book.
I so want my own little Teashop On the Corner where I can meet like minded people & debate books. Milly Johnson has left me wanting to reread some Classics & try some I've never read before
The book was filled with humour and had me laughing out loud right from the very first chapter. It also explored so many different emotional topics from domestic violen
Baca Buku
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's unrealistic how these people would form a group. They all have baggage and secrets and are just so flawed. In the end, everyone is paired off nicely. And yet, you would have to be the most hardened cynic not to fall in love with all of them. The story is sappy in parts but the storytelling is delightful. There is equal part heartbreak and happiness, and both affected me emotionally. The book has over 100 chapters (!) but each one is so short - some just five or six paragraphs long - that ev ...more
Tracy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolute treasure! Heartwarming, full of love , loss and healing, and proof that there are lovely people out there and life can get better, if you are brave enough to make new friends.
Maxine
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a gentle tale of friendship and overcoming hurt and loss.

The characters are a little stereotypical (the rugged builder, the evil daughter-in-law), but despite that it was enjoyable to read and had a lovely happy ending for all the main characters after they had learned to overcome their individual problems, and who doesn't love a happy ending!

A lovely holiday read.
Stacey
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All reviews can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

The cover d
Reilly Windsor-Daly
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Now I read this book purely because one of the loveliest people I know asked me to, I did not go in with high expectations.

This book was beautiful! Yes I saw every 'twist' coming, so the book was predictable but it was also cosy and a joy to read. The characters were so life affirming and I cared so deeply about them that even though I knew what would happen to them I had to read to make sure they got the happy endings they deserved. I was so invested that I shed many a tear. If you want to read
Steph
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly it took me a few chapters to get into this book.....there are a lot of different character stories that cross path in the teashop, and I found it a little bitty at the start. Once I was hooked I couldn't put it down - read the last 200 pages in one sitting!! Heart-warming and uplifting book. Highly recommend it.
Clare Perry
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will stay in your heart forever it is not just about a tea shop, so cleverly written and how each person are interconnected in day to day live you won’t want it to end and will certainly teach you things about life and living to the fullest.

• Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop: The heart-warming, romantic read we all need right now
  • The Secret Seaside Escape
  • A Match Made in Devon (A Match Made in Devon, #1-4)
  • An Almost Perfect Holiday
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Bus (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus)
  • Sunny Days and Sea Breezes
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer
  • A Springtime Affair: Could new love lead to a happily ever after?
  • The House of Hopes and Dreams: The absorbing and delightful rom-com from the Sunday Times bestseller
  • Over You
  • A Baby at the Beach Café
  • A Patchwork Family
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • The Secrets of Happiness
  • Wickham Hall
  • A Vintage Summer
  • A New Leaf (My Kind of Happy, #1)
Please note that My One True North is only $1.99 for the ebook on Amazon.com throughout September in the US, so please grab the bargain!

Milly Johnson was born in Barnsley, raised in Barnsley and still lives in Barnsley - although she did study in Exeter for four years and emigrate to Haworth in West Yorkshire in the 1980s where she lived for many years, all on the strength of her love for the Bron

News & Interviews

“It's never to late to have a happy ending' Harvey Hoyland” 4 likes
“La nata siempre flota, cariño. Han agitado la botella, pero tú date tiempo y verás cómo, antes de que te des cuenta, vuelves a estar en lo mas alto.” 1 likes