Start by marking “Live-In-Position” as Want to Read:
Live-In-Position

Live-In-Position

Twenty-five year old Sophia Ashwood, part-time nanny, has just graduated college and is ready to write the next best seller; however, she needs a full-time job flexible enough for her to fulfill her dream.

When Sophia steps into the Bishop home to care for emotionally neglected Victoria, she’s positive Dr. Collin Bishop, aka The Anti-Christ, despises her. The intensity of
Paperback, Re-Release, 531 pages
Published May 30th 2014 by Book Nerd Revelation (first published March 22nd 2011)

Sustained by Emma ChaseWait for It by Mariana ZapataBe My Hero by Linda KageRoomHate by Penelope WardLev by Belle Aurora
Stand In Parent
81 books — 124 voters
Stuck-Up Suit by Vi KeelandBossman by Vi KeelandEgomaniac by Vi KeelandUnbreak My Heart by Nicole JacquelynKulti by Mariana Zapata
romance favs
121 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Live-In-Position
Irish Zulu
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
So last year i read quiet a few Sadie Grubor novels and ended up pregnant....I kid you not! If this is what she is putting out this year I'm in serious trouble.

Sadie has got to be one of my favourite authors and i get all tingly when i see she's writing or about to release a book. I fucking love her!

So this book was amazing, not that Miss Grubor could ever be doubted. It was a fairly lengthy book but it was a Sadie Grubor novel so its very much welcomed. I loved every single character, even the
☮ mary
This is the longest, dullest and least imaginative book I read in awhile...

description

We read about every single useless detail about the nanny job description and we're unlucky enough to know all about the cringing relationships of the Bishop family ... This dysfunctional family has nothing to do with the love story ... it serves as page filler (a lot of mundane descriptions and overwhelming exposition) This is the only rhetoric figure Grubor seems able to conjure up !! In other words: don't waste your
Pavan Kaur
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

I like and I didn't like.
The first half of this book was great really enjoyed and then the second half, I didn't like how Collins would have a tantrum and instead of making him feel bad about acting like a baby all was fine, and when he was being way too jealous, she wanted to work and he would be please don't go, but he had to go to work it was fine.
I like the family drama that was going on around the two, Bishop Family everyone had a good role in the story, I have to give it to the writer for
Paige  Bookdragon
Let me just have my lunch break first and I'll give this one a review..
Goddess Of Blah
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't hate this book - reasons for low score:

Negatives:

1. HATED what happened with the older couple. Any man who cheats on his PREGNANT wife with the nanny (or anyone living in the same house as your poor wife) is a SICK selfish w*ank*ker who has little to no respect for women.

And to add insult to injury - the cheating couple are made out to be the victim!!!

description

2. The judgemental clichés throughout this book was tiresome.

Clichés on Women:
$luts & Gold-diggers (Grace)
Rich, cold Society
Catriona Laurie
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I have enjoyed Sadie Grubor's works immensely in the past, unfortunately I can't say the same about this novel. 'Live-In-Position' suffers from an excess of extraneous exposition, making the tedium of laboriously chewing through the reams of unimportant day-to-day trivia to get to the meat of what is actually a good romance, ruin what could have been an enjoyable experience. The story could have been told better with half the word count, it certainly would have been less of a chore to wade ...more
Cristina B
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paula-s-books
Just finished. Wow super long. But it was a good read :)
Camylle
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was great! I loved Victoria and her whole dysfunctional family!
Karen
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Nanny becomes the wife.
It's ok but kinda boring. Scheduling kids life, number of times cooked showered & brushed teeth blah
Serena
Jun 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
This review was originally published on Snarky Romance Recs.

Sometimes you see a book from an unknown author that kind of intrigues you, but you gotta ask yourself: is it worth it to take a chance on a total unknown, when your TBR pile is so huge? Well that's what the excerpt Amazon function is for! I got an excerpt for Sadie Grubor's Live In Position. Come with me on this magical journey to find out if it's worth our hard earned money. Spoiler alert: it's not.

If I had actually paid for this
Angie
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
I believe it is a stand alone (possible that stories could be told about some of the other characters, but it seems like it wraps everything up.) Do I recommend this book? Ultimately - yes. I think going into it you should know this is an incredibly lengthy book and to be patient with its pacing. It's a book you can savor every detail and feeling of the characters over a year plus of their lives.

What I really liked and appreciated:
As long as it was, I never really felt like it dragged for about
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
So I really wanted to like this book, but I swear, it was WAY over written. There was so freaking much that had no importance what so ever that I just started skipping after 30% so I could actually get to what the book was intended for- a romance. The h in this book was OTT annoying with her constant questioning of the "relationship development" and she was OTT sweet, perfect homemaker, nanny, friend...etc.
The H was too dry and cold and couldn't really care less about his daughter. The only one
Nilufar
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody who loves a good romace novel
Frankly Frankie
Aaaand I'm done.

The "plot" was going nowhere, 1D characters that suddenly appear without any explanation or introduction, missing words and poor grammar up the wazoo are only some of the flaws that book has.

Never mind that the alleged hero burst into her room while drunk and aggressively came on to her when she wasn't even interested. No way of recovering from that in my eyes. Then on top of that they moved on as if nothing happened. How the heck is it okay for you boss to...nah. Not going
Angarad
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I was soooo into this book, I just couldn t put it down. I loved the characters, specially Victoria she is so cute!!! Dr Bishop was very intense but the way Sophia referred to him as the Anti-Christ was just hilarious!!! And let me say, this family is way crazier than the average haha. A real drama for sure, you never knew what might happen next.
However, the 2nd half of the book was much less intense and surprising, I got a but bored :( I loved how they all came together but I wanted
Heather
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
So I never write reviews, as in, this is my first so bare with me. I felt it was totally necessary though because I feel this is one of those books that you either love it or you hate it. And I LOVED it. Call me "cliche" but as a nanny myself I loved putting myself in Sophia's shoes and riding out the fantasy. I can see where some may feel it was "overwritten" but I really enjoyed that aspect. It helped me stay in time with the story and drift along. I was so sad when it ended but I really loved ...more
T
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty lengthy book. It was well written and quite enjoyable. Loved the dysfunctional family and the crazy drama.

Collin was quite insecure, but he learned to get over it. Loved Victoria, the daughter. The extra characters were also great. I also loved that our heroine got to have her HEA without losing herself to Collin's sometimes overbearing ways.
Ayana

Decent read started off really good. Very fast paced ( at first i was kind of difficult keeping up with the characters)
Lots of unpredictable drama but about 50%
through the book it became too long and at times I was kind of bored.
Veronica Franco
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sadie has a way to suck me in in her books... i loved that she had a nice Veronica in all grown up... and this book was awesome... im totally using the Nanny swear with my nieces and nephews
Maureen
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you ever enjoyed a "gothic" romance, you will love this story! A really fun read with a cold, aloof hero, a crazy family, an adorable kid, and lots of sexy times.
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another great book by a talented author. Loved the family dynamics and it definitely reminded me of the craziness of families (especially mine).
Karla
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely looovvvvved it!!!!!!! Full review later!!
Vali
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story about maternal feelings and at the same time a passionate love story between a tormented and insecure hero and a feisty but kindhearted heroine. I loved that the book was so long but was a standalone and was not cut by the author to several pieces in order to be sold as a trilogy, tetralogy etc.
Camila
If you love slowburn romances and childrens you are going to adore this book!

The only thing I hated a little bit was (view spoiler) but overall the book is fantastic, the scenes are soooo good I swear I enjoyed it a lot.
Paula
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the last book of ms grubor I had to read, going in I was like hmmmm but once again she caught my attention and reeled me in and I read in a whole setting I can see this being another one of her books I will re read many times, damn you ms grubor ...more
Lynz Johnston
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for this book and I reviewed it for Bookwhore Addicts.

I'll be honest, when I first saw this book, I was on the fence. I read the blurb and misunderstood it (my own fault. I blame the blond roots I once had). But then I received her book Falling Stars (review to come) and that changed my mind so I went back to this book, reread the blurb (realized my mistake when I first read it) and signed up to read it.

I was not disappointment.

So you know from the blurb that this is a romance
Rebecca Barber
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the first page of this one, you want, no need to know what Doctor Collin Bishop's problem is. He seems to have a gigantic stick up his ass and he is missing what a wonderful life and daughter he has.

Seemingly at the moment he needs it the most, enter Sophia. The new nanny. She's everything Collin's not - fun, free spirited and determined to make Collin's daughter Victoria the happiest little girl who ever walked the earth. When combined with her unstoppable sassy mouth, Collin doesn't quite
Ch
i did not hate this story but i didn’t love it either.
i think everyone will have their own opinions and i say give it a try.

Ever since i read the first sadie book i was hooked. I loved her falling stars series and that made start this book with high expectations. little did i know that Live in position is one of her earlier books and therefore the writing style is different.

i loved these:
- the Anti-Christ comments
- how grace was ms gold and the attorney was mr. dygger .
- everything about
Molly
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I rarely read books that take longer than a few days so 500+ pages is a lot for me! I enjoyed the story, loved the characters but the grammar did let it down. It just felt like it needed a good edit and I'm certain that it could have been at least 100 pages shorter because there was a lot of unnecessary detail about day to day, mundane, things.
Sophia's relationship with Victoria was beautiful. I loved how the romantic relationship between Sophia and Colin took time to build and wasn't an

• Be My Hero (Forbidden Men, #3)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • Grayson
  • A Home for Lily
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love, #1)
  • Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #17)
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1)
  • Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
  • The Rocker That Holds Me (The Rocker, #1)
  • Tru Blue (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #1)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
  • Lucky Penny (Keegan-Paxton #5)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • Baby Love (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
I'm a self professed foul mouthed, book nerd who seeks world domination with her sinister side kick, evil minions, fatal depth dwelling felines, hell hound, and fanged lagoon creature.

Oh-Kay, so in reality...I'm a foul mouthed, wife, book nerd, mother of two children, two cats who refuse to leave our basement, a fluffy white ankle biter named Puff, and a carnival goldfish who has survived for two