Start by marking “Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos, #1)

Burning Ember

(Harbingers Of Chaos #1)

The last thing she needs after running from one monster is to land in the lair of the Devil.

Twenty-one year old Ember flees her past with soot on her face, ash in her hair, and a promise. She’ll never let another man take away her freedom and treat her like she means nothing.

But that is exactly what Maverick Gunn, leader of the notorious Harbinger’s of Chaos Motorcycle Clu
Published August 25th 2015 by Andrea Roylance

To ask other readers questions about Burning Ember, please sign up.
Mel No, but it has parts that leave you questioning "What happened?"

Start your review of Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos, #1)
A.
3.75 Stars

Now this is what I call a true MC book! Raw. Dark. Gritty. Intense. Dramatic. Realistic. No sugarcoating.

It’s been a long time since I read a book that was so real. It shows us in a realistic way that relationships between the brothers in a MC club aren't always rainbows and unicorns.

The first half of the book is better than the second half. I loved every second of it. Every movement, every sound, every word carries weight and intensity. However, there is a slight change in the atmosp
Brandi
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5-3.75 Stars

description

I have mixed feelings regarding this one. At times, I really found myself invested in Ember and her story, and at others I was a bit bored, or annoyed because there seemed to be so much going on. Sometimes less is more, I wish the author wouldn't have thrown so many things at me. Dirty blackmailing cops, rival gangs with few too many hidden relations, psychotic ex's, clingy biker hoes, etc.

description

I guess maybe the author was just trying to set up for future books in the series, but I felt
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

Review to come...

Triggers: (view spoiler)

Safety Gang: (view spoiler)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author "Darby Briar" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Burning Ember
SERIES: (Harbinger's of Chaos, #1)
AUTHOR: Darby Briar
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: August 27th, 2015

MY RATING: 5 STARS

5 Taker of LUCE Souls Stars!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gah this has been getting boomeranged ALL over FACEBOOK!! It was a wants badly book, happy dance seeing it on my kindle!!

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: This is a biker romance and as such it contains no princes,
Carissa
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s-2015
4.5 Mav Stars.

Firstly, let me start off with, the bad assness of the freaking cover. Before I even read the blurb, I was drooling. Ok, so after composing myself, I got giddy when I got my ARC. Totally jumped up and down. My girls thought they were getting a present, so they started jumping with me also. Only to their dismay. So mommy made an ice cream stop to appease them. All was set right with the Hirst household once again. lol.

Burning Ember is one of those books that you know, off the bat wi
Roksana
DNF at 39%

WARNING: SWEARING WORDS!

photo 439843_zpsuhttuqan.gif
I consider myself a "diverse" reader: I like to read an uncomplicated and easy reads and I can handle some darker themes, but what I am not handling is "ROMANTICIZING ABUSE" This Hero represents everything that you should run away from in a relationship! He degrades women and he does not even see them as "a human being" (He talks about the heroine)
"It’s obvious that bitch has been livin’ on the street. Like she’s been diving in dumpsters. Is that wha
Kelly
Ok so I am going to start off with.. Yes after meeting the heroine the hero does have sex with someone else and its not fade to black.

Ok with that said the story started out interesting. Ember (the heroine of the book) is escaping an abusive relationship, she tried to fake her death but that didn't work out. So shes in hiding. Ember finds a friend (Lily, one of the motorcycle guys old lady) who takes her to a Motorcycle club to see if maybe this life might work for her or at least give her a pla
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Spoiler's ahead. Proceed with caution.

Burning Ember started out okay, with a great prologue, great plot, but it all went down to hill for me when Mav tried to slit Ember's throat. And then it got worst when Ember easily forgave him. Only because he's hot. How about no?

It's so OOC for me. Ember's lived a hard life. She was sexually and physically abused most of her life. It didn't make sense to me that she would easily forgive Mav for almost killing her.

The author tried so hard ro redeem
Lea ★
5**** STARS

I've read a ton of MC romance, but this one ROCKED my world!
This was unique, raw, gritty, sexy and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Characters were amazing, and I can totally see this developing into a kick ass MC series.
I was flippin' pages like there's no tomorrow. Literally could not put it down!

Dilek VT
Dec 24, 2019 marked it as not-appealing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-biker-world
Note to self:

- The heroine escapes an abusive relationship and runs into another messy one.
- The hero degrades women. He is a bully and an as*hole. He even tries to cut the heroine's throat.
- Although, the hero treats her like shit, she still has the hots for him.
- The heroine seems to be a spineless doormat.
- The hero has sex with OW in front of the heroine.
- The heroine also finds him with another woman in his room where he tied her to his bed.
- The heroine is raped and it is not a fade-to-b
Loz
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this one. had everything i like involved. it's a long book and it can be gritty at times, down and dirty. this is not a fluffy biker book, like a lot tend to be these days. just a really great stand-alone mc story.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Revel in chaos. Regret nothing...
This biker lovin' blogger has found a new author to fangirl over. Burning Ember rocked my world for days. Yes, it's a full-length novel that made me unavailable to the rest of the world until I turned the last page and sighed with satisfaction. Having read truck loads of books in the last few years I have a huge basis for comparison, so you can take it to the bank when I tell you this book is amazing. If you like MC Romance, you will love Burning Ember. I can't w
Michelle [Helen Geek]
09/27/2015 -- This is one of those books that EVERYONE liked but me. It didn't grab me. I'm not a fan of how this one is told. It lacked logic and I'm finding this is something I have to have and have real issues if I start to question things. Oh, well ..

Happy Reading!!
MelissaB
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2015-reads, bikers
I really enjoyed this biker romance, the story really kept my attention and the main characters were engaging.
Fre06 Begum
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sex with ow,rape not my cup of tea, I did like his intensity for heroine even if he was just stupid for his inner conflicting feelings for her.
◊♦ Naomi
"Hey, Doll."
BURNING EMBER is the first book in the HARBINGERS OF CHAOS series by Darby Briar. I bought it after reading SILVER BASTARD by Joanna Wylde, Amazon suggested it for me and since I was in a mood for another MC book, I one-clicked it.

Bikers books can be very good or very, very bad and since I did not know this author and, I believe, BURNING EMBER is her first novel, I was a bit apprehensive before starting it. I was pleasantly surprised.

BURNING EMBER was definitely a good MC book,
J. Kahele
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an absolutely wonderful story

This story was very long, but worth every page.

Ember runs to escape her controlling and abusive boyfriend. She ends up at a shelter and is trying to survive when she runs into a woman named Lily, at a supermarket,who helps her when a cop is hassling her.
Lily is the girlfriend of a man named Goose, who belongs to a biker club. When Em excuses herself to the bathroom, the cop, Davis follows her. He knows who she is as her face has been plastered across the news b
Yesenia Gonzalez
I absolutely loved this book, the beginning was like ughhh maverick is an asshole then he redeem himself. the ending was sweet.
Judy
Someone read this book and told me how much they enjoyed it. Then someone else asked for some details, so I opened up the book for a quick glance. I ended up starting at the beginning and doing an entire re-read of the whole book and yes it was still 5 stars for me. Love the story, the characters and this author's writing style. Book 2 in the series is coming soon and I can't wait.

First read September 2015
Seldom do I read a new, first time author and get such a quality story. This author gave me
Ros
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Burning Ember is another book that I have had sat on my kindle for what feels like an absolute age!

I love a gritty MC read but I find them to be very similar plot wise if you overindulge in them, so I only dip my toes in every so often these days.

I really enjoyed this one, though. It kept me invested right up until the end. It’s not without its flaws mind you and I don’t think that it will be everyone’s cup of tea, but I found it to be a good solid read overall. 3.5 stars felt a little
Natalie M
4.5 stars! I loved this book and how long it was!! It allowed me to get a true feel for the characters and it was during this time that I fell in love with Ember. She was such a strong character and although she was in a shit storm, she continued to be a fighter. It was also during this time that I truly disliked Mav and his treatment of Ember/Pumpkin/Doll. My feelings obviously changed drastically because by the end of the book I was wanting my own Mav!

All in all, the plot was great and it mad
Sam
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was long, but it was gooooooood.

Frankly I am surprised by the low ratings/reviews posted on this book. The only conclusion that I came to is that the people who didn't like it have obviously never read an MC book before. Damn, this was good.

In the first 10% I was skeptical, rolled my eyes once or twice because the story had disaster written all over it- but it got so much better.

I would recommend this to anyone who liked the Reaper series. Great book, looking forward to more from this autho
Vieira
This was super good! I enjoyed every bit of it. I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDD Mav or Luc what ever you want to call him. Ember was such a strong lead I love her to bits. This book had everything you come to expect from a MC romance. I am soooo looking forward to reading about the other members. I hope the next book is about Taz!! Pretty please!!
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Jun 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
I didn't like Maverick.....i don't know what Em saw in him except his sexiness! If it was me i'd go for Dozer!
Jan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
***3.75 Stars***
Diana's
AWESOME Debut..

Full Review Here...

Kickass Heroine, Yummy Bad Boys Galore, Angst, Action packed, Drama
Twist & Turns..

Wow I loved it.. I got pulled into Embers' world and didn't want to look back
even with the shitty hand she was dealt over and over again I couldn't help but admire her and want to be her.. She was a fighter through and through and still manage to stay sweet and love unconditionally!!

Mav AKA Luce was so wrapped up in his past he couldn't see past anything else..
He became jaded and
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
One great, original MC Story. Ember has been always taking care of everyone around her.. First her hippy mother before she fled, then her sister who got preggers at 15, then her niece who she raised, and then she meets her prince or so she thinks until true colors show.. Now she is homeless, her prized posessions were stolen, and all she is left is with 5 dollars that another homeless person gave her.. She runs into Lily who saves her from a creepy cop and takes her into the clubhouse where she ...more
Emily
Ember left under mysterious circumstances and is on the run. After trying her best to survive, she is broken and considering making a decision that will change her path in the absolute worst way. When she befriends a lady who is the old lady to a biker with the Harbinger's of Chaos MC she sees another way. She is terrified and questioning everything especially when she meets Maverick Gunn.

Ember reminds Maverick of his worst nightmare but when he gets a closer look and begins to see past her faca
Jean
Jan 22, 2017 rated it did not like it

Not My Cup of Tea...

*Spoilers*

Anytime a "Hero" has sex with another woman in front of the main female lead will
ALWAYS earn a ONE Star in my book.

That is not Romance and should be categorized under a different genre.

Throw in the abuse and disrespect and I want to rate it lower than one star.

I don't care how "good looking" the guy is.. please stop condoning this horrible behavior of
the male leads just because the "hero" is pretty.

I mean, are the guys only considered abusers if they are ugly???
Shelly
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell what a wild ride. Darby you are a storytelling voodoo queen. I felt EVERY SINGLE EMOTION that the characters were feeling. I laughed, I cried, I was scared, heartbroken and then so damn happy. I couldn't put it down! I am still tossed between who I love more, Dozer, or Mav (ok...let's also throw Luce in for good measure, because HOT DAMN)! You have worked your voodoo magic on me girl, because I'm hooked! HOOKED!! I can't wait to see who's story you tell next. My vote, Dozer!!! You rock ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Claiming Mine (Unforgiven Riders MC #1)
  • Hawk's Property (Insurgents MC #1)
  • Raine Falling (Hells Saints Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Rough Justice (Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Rough and Rowdy (Notorious Devils MC, #1)
  • Ryker (Kings of Korruption MC #1)
  • Cole (The Ride, #1)
  • Property of Drex #2 (Death Chasers MC, #2)
  • Hell's Knights (The MC Sinners, #1)
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • Tempted (Death Dealers MC #2)
  • Claimed (Death Dealers MC #3)
  • Reign (The Henchmen MC, #1)
  • Chelsea (The Club Girl Diaries #2)
  • Harmony (The Club Girl Diaries, #1)
  • Property of Drex #1 (Death Chasers MC, #1)
  • Biker Bait (Lost Souls MC, #1)
Darby Briar is an American author who loves writing stories about men with broken souls and women who don’t know their own strength. She’s a lover of fiction whether it be a movie or book, but prefers stories with some romance, and ones that include a happy ending. She grew up in Utah and still lives in the northern part of the state. She’s married and her and her husband have three adorable kids. ...more

Harbingers Of Chaos (3 books)
  • A Perfect Christmas with Chaos (Harbingers of Chaos, #1.5)
  • Lost Lyrebird (Harbingers of Chaos, #2)

News & Interviews

“When your life burns to ash before you, it's hard to find hope in the embers of what remains.” 7 likes
“The den of the Devil is no place for the innocent.” 1 likes