Start by marking “Perfectly Imperfect” as Want to Read:
Perfectly Imperfect

Perfectly Imperfect

An emotional standalone about a city girl and a country boy...

I live by certain rules:
1. My career comes first.
2. No sleepovers, just sex.
3. Never let the heart get involved.
4. Leave the past where it belongs.

I won't break these rules for anyone. Not even the charming cowboy that danced his way into my life with that sexy, southern drawl. I see glimpses of a familiar pa
Published June 3rd 2014 (first published June 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Imperfect

Start your review of Perfectly Imperfect
Ruby
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love romances that where the couple challenge each other. This story was the cutest that I've read in while. I enjoy reading books where the couple take the time to get to know each other and learn to love one another, because that's how it usually is in real life!. Now most books we read have a lot to do with opposites attracting, This one is different, and I like it!

"Two Peas in a Pod"

Mia's relationship with her mother has not been the best growing up. Because of her Mother leaving her at su
Leslie Clifford
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Having been hurt by her ex-boyfriend and issues with her mother, Mia makes a promise to herself to never allow anyone close enough to matter. She prefers one night stands with simple rules. No personal connections. No Sleepovers. Sex only and go home. Well some rules are made to be broken. When Mia meets Grayson she tries to treat him like her past conquests. No attachments but Grayson doesn't play by those rules. He slowly shows Mia that he's different and that he wants more than a sexual relat ...more
Susan Ward
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nothing makes me smile like a cowboy hero with a heart of gold. This debut novel is a delightful old school style romance with the sizzle turned up, giving a page turning freshness to the contemporary novel and tossing in a cowboy in a perfectly balanced blend of genres: contemporary romance and cowboy romance. It has everything romance readers crave. Conflict~a girl troubled and unable to trust. Hope~a hero who is to good to let go of. Mistakes~girl running and trying to ruin her life. Triumph~ ...more
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Originally posted at Bedroom Bookworms book blog.
10588846_10105329365994644_1806261562_nPerfectly Imperfect is a book by an author I get the pleasure of featuring as an Indie Author in a few weeks. After talking with her and reading about her book, I was interested in the premise and was ballsy enough to ask Fabiola Francisco if she'd gift me with an ARC for review. She was kind enough to say yes.
I can't say that I loved it, but I did like it. It has interesting, complex characters and a plot that definitely veers from typical. There
Christy Pastore
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
The Perfectly Unexpected Romantic Read! What a fantastic debut novel from Fabiola Francisco! What I loved most about this story is that it was real and relatable, nothing was sugar coated. With our heroine, Mia, you find she has some major hangups and serious emotional issues. {Who doesn't?} Following Mia's personal journey, she begins to grow stronger emotionally and even spiritually {not religiously}, eventually finding her inner peace and balance. Without giving away too much, I will just say ...more
Rachel
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly Imperfect is perfect. A thought provoking, well written romance on true love, and how it is not always pretty, perfect or without flaws when two people fall for one another.

Both Mia and Grayson have been stung by both their parents and young love. Now they live an fun life, hopping from bed to bed until they meet each other. While their connection is instant, Grayson pushes a fearful Mia through the storm.

Grayson, who is the absolute perfect mix of bad boy and sweet. A cowboy, no less,
Imy Santiago
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We have all been there. Our past dictating our unpredictable future. What happens when we meet the person who challenges us to reevaluate our lives? What happens when this person tests our ability to think a different way, breaking us out of our stubbornness? My goodness. I cannot even begin to describe how remarkable Perfectly Imperfect is! I felt the author sat me down and gave me a metaphorical slap in the face. I loved every second I spent reading this book. I don't know how to write a revie ...more
Brande
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Southern Boys!!! Such a sweet love story about two people who live with everyday battles and insecurities! Everything isn't always perfect it's....Perfectly Imperfect!!
Anai
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. Would recommend to anyone that loves Romance.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mia and Grayson were 2 similar but opposite in other ways. It was a real treat to be able to read this story and see how they both grew and flourished with the help and love from the other person. Even when they didn't want to admit to that love. They needed each other more than they realized. Lovely story! Jen

"Can this woman write a bad book because I’m starting to think no!

Stephanie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an emotional roller coaster! I have never wanted to slap and root for a main character more than I did Mia!

Mia is career driven and relationship avoiding. She just wants easy with no heart or feelings involved. She doesn't do relationships because she's afraid of repeating her parent's mistakes.

Grayson is a cowboy who took a job opportunity in the city. He meets Mia and is instantly drawn to her and quickly finds himself wanting more but it's uncharted territory for him too since
Jay
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful read about moving past your fears, and giving love a chance! This story is so well written, it will have you devouring the pages.

Mia has been hurt by people in her life, and it has caused her to push people away. She feels she can’t love anyone, and she will hurt them. In walks sexy cowboy Grayson, who want’s it all with Mia. He made his way into Mia’s heart, and made me swoon. Their chemistry is undeniable and I was rooting for them the whole way.

This is a story of a love worth taki
Natasha Carrere
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Can this woman write a bad book because I’m starting to think no!

I loved Mia and Grayson. Mia was so strong-willed and determined to live life her way then Grayson just shows up and teaches her to try something new. It might of taken them a bit but I was so excited when it finally happened!
Channelling Colee
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, arc, 2014-goal
This story was the most honest account of relationships that I have read this year. The heroine Mia is your average party girl who always having drinks and sex. Good times, good times. But with all the good times, she is lonely and needs more, than the good times.

One evening while Mia is at the club she meets Grayson, who happens to be her kindred spirit. When reading this book, you will find that these two souls are made for each other, similar to Plato’s’ theory of the bellybutton. Well if you
C.J. Wells
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly Imperfect is a delightful debut novel filled with a fantastic blend of true-to-life struggles, and sweet and sexy romance. We thoroughly enjoyed Mia and Grayson’s story. Both fraught with complex pasts that have shaped who they are, Mia and Grayson come together in a whirlwind romance, both trying desperately to forge ahead despite their fears and reservations for what the future may hold.

The main question…does the past dictate our future? Herein lies the root core of this charming st
Joanne Mountford
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Who wants perfect?, Is there such a thing as perfect?, I think perfect would be boring, unlike this story that is anything but boring. From the very start of this read I knew it was my type of story. You think you will know what happens, that this read is perfectly predictable BUT it's perfectly NOT. I love it when the writer can really draw me into the story, I was most certainly hooked once I started reading. Great characters have been created for us to love and hate, Mia is not a trusting per ...more
Heather Way
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book started off with Mia, Hooking up wti what ever tickled her fancy. Then one night she meets Greyson she think he is the next on her notch on the bed post. They make it back to her place and next thing she knows she crashed.Next morning Mia goes into the kitchen for coffee and there is Greyson. Mia is fun and smart and yes she loves some random hot sex but a lot of her pass caused her to put up these blocks.
This book was truly amazing it.. Had me crying one moment and giggling out loud
Salem Archer
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting book with unique pacing. Unlike some romance novels with only one pivotal moment, this one has several. In the epilogue, Grayson, the story’s hero, says, “The last year has been a hectic ride. Crazy ups and downs like a rollercoaster.” How right he was. This book takes the reader through quite the emotional journey.

Mia, the book’s heroine, is dealing with some serious hang-ups and issues with her past. She is damaged. There’s no doubt about that, and occasionally, I wanted
Liz
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Mia is a magazine writer and wanting to blow off some steam after work, meets Greyson at a club. There's an instant connection which freak her out since she doesn't do dates or relationships. She has severe emotional issues due to her upbringing.

Was not a fan of the writing quality or the plot. Writing isn't very sophisticated; at first I thought it needed an editor and a proofreader, but an editor might not be able to help this. It's also choppy and the chapter breaks don't make a whole lot of
Alice
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW!
Perfectly Imperfect is the debut novel by Fabiola Francisco.... and I don't why waited so long to read her books!?
It was a really beautiful and emotional story!
I liked Mia from the beginning and felt kind of connected to her while I read the book! I didn't have such a dark past than she had but... well everyone has to deal with some issues, right?!
It's not that easy to open up to people who care about you...
So I really liked Mia's development and her relationship to Grayson.
Oh
Teri
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are those authors that just get it. Life isn't perfect and neither are people. This author gets it and so do her characters. This is a hard story to read because of the emotional journey the characters have to take. They are imperfectly human in all of their flaws they find each other. When the past and their families and their baggage gets in the way it may be harder than they thought to move forward. Healing, love, heartache yeah that's life but for these two it's so much more.

I loved th
LS Kralicek
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect love

Emotional story! Mia and Grayson are both broken in their own way and trying to find their own way in the process they find each other. Fantastically perfect.
Heather Fortman
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love can save all

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. The blurb had me interested but I was still a bit uncertain. There were slow spots in the book but it was still very well written and as such I can only give it 4 stars, I would give it more if it didn't have the slow spots. Once you pass the slow spots and get into the nitty gritty of the book, it becomes a great contemporary romance story.

Grayson and Mia are both 'broken' and seeking to find their way in their new relationship when
Terri Sullivan
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absolutely a great debut novel by Fabiola Francisco. The way she creates such lifelike characters, it's as if you are standing right there watching everything unfold.

Mia and Grayson meet in a bar, both children of uncaring mothers and harboring mommy issues. Mia is not looking for any relationship. She's more of a love 'em and leave 'em type of gal. She's out with her best friend Steph and takes Grayson home with her. He starts wanting to go out with her, she resists because she just doesn't do
Amy Barber
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was about 2.5 stars for me. There was so much dialogue going on in Mia's head, it was repetitive and long. I was not able to feel the connection between her and Grayson. They both have issues. Grayson's were far more devastating to a child, in my opinion, and he matured and overcame them. Mia has a very immature attitude about her past and almost refuses to overcome it. She psychoanalyzes herself, completely, which I found annoying. If someone knew so much of what was going on in their own ps ...more
Barb
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great story. it was quite easy to get attached to these characters, especially sexy Grayson. Mia's views on love are so messed up. I have to admit to wanting to reach in the book and shake some sense into her, but I still loved her. The book is told from her POV so you really get an idea of just how imperfect she feels she is. There was a nice balance between the romance and the steamy sex. l always appreciate an Epilogue to completely tie things up and this one was told from Grayson's po ...more
Ashley Erin
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly Imperfect was so enjoyable, I had a difficult time putting it down! Between a sexy Southern cowboy that makes you swoon and a heroine who is damaged yet spunky I was hooked. It may just be me, but I found Mia to be quite humorous. Grayson just made my toes curl in a delicious way and I wanted to do dirty dirty things to him. Such an excellent debut by Fabiola Francisco, I can't wait to read more from her!
Toby
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Boring. Predictable. Didn't like the heroine Mia at all. She wasn't likable or redeemable in any way.

The plot was okay, it had potential, despite being a tad predictable. However I believe it was a lackluster in character development. The writing was bland, but it also has potential.

Since there is potential, it will not keep me from reading more from this author.

Overall this book was okay. Recommended to anyone who is looking for an easy read.
Megan Moran
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a case of the feels

Mila and Grayson make you feel every bit of their story. I found myself crying along with Mia more than once. This book is so beautifully written that you feel as if these are your best friends living it out in front of you! You laugh , you cry, and I even found myself holding my breath wondering what Mia would do next. The only thing I was not happy about was when it was over I just wanted to keep being apart of it all.
❤️Melanie G.
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
*****4 2 Broken Peas In A Pod Stars*****

This was a great story about learning about yourself, learning to trust others and letting go. Grayson was amazing, loved him. Mia was stubborn, strong and determined to do things on her own and not make the mistakes that others have made. Together Grayson & Mia learn to trust, fall in love and find happiness.
Romance Retreat: Perfectly Imperfect is now on KU! 1 10 Apr 22, 2019 09:58AM

• No Perfect Hero (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #1)
  • Shadows (Lux, #0.5)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
  • Virgins (Outlander, #0.5)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • The Queen (The Selection, #0.4)
  • Blossom in Winter (Blossom in Winter, #1)
  • Royal Savage (Savage & Ink, #1)
  • Annabel (Delirium, #0.5)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • Shooter (Burnout, #1)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • Imperfect Match
  • A Steel Heart
I am an indie author who writes contemporary romance and women's fiction. You'll often find southern gentleman in my books and a love for country music. Coffee fiend and star gazer.

Website | Facebook | Instagram| Reader Group