Start by marking “Medianoche (Los gatos guerreros: La nueva profecía, #1)” as Want to Read:
Medianoche (Los gatos guerreros: La nueva profecía, #1)

Medianoche

(Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

Tras la decisiva batalla contra el Clan de la Sangre, los cuatro clanes viven una época de paz y prosperidad. Sin embargo, el Clan Estelar vaticina un nuevo desastre de proporciones inimaginables, y lo hace a través de una profecía enigmática, casi un acertijo. El tiempo corre en contra de los gatos y hay una sola manera de encontrar la respuesta: los clanes deben superar ...more
Published May 29th 2014 by Salamandra (first published May 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Medianoche, please sign up.
Jojo I don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and…moreI don't think 7-year-olds would be mature enough to read the books. The first time I actually took a quick glance into the book was when i was 8, and I found it hard to understand the vocabulary, and the type of "style" in which I mean the 'paws, 'stars, and 'kits. I also think that they wouldn't understand that the series isn't just some fun fantasy. It also includes death and violence, which I don't quite think is allowed to be shown to small kids.(less)
Isabella Katniss Bluestar Tris Well, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or,…moreWell, I gave ALL the warrior cats books 5 STARS so yeah. It is REALLY REALLY good! It is the continue of the Original Series ( The first Prophecy, or, as many people say the continue of the super edition Firestar's Quest but u don't have to read Firestar's Quest first.
It worths every single nanosecond of reading this, trust me.(less)

Start your review of Medianoche (Los gatos guerreros: La nueva profecía, #1)
Natalie
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
"WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY
WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY, OR ELSE OUR CLANS WILL DIE!"
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite character in this book was Squirrelpaw. She kinda reminded me of the
Emily
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cried for a really long time when I realized this new series was no longer in firestar's pov. Middle school me was devastated
haley
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alrighty! I finally re-read all the New Prophecy books, with the exception of Moonrise as I don't own a copy and was too lazy to go to the library.
I'm currently re-reading the entire series so I can write new, updated reviews.

So note that this review is for ALL of the New Prophecy books (Midnight-Sunset). Also, another thing. Names change throughout the series as the cats grow up (a sort of Rite of Passage). For the sake of simplicity, I will refer to characters with the names they have in the
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
4,5 stars
Ariel
Aug 28, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then acts like it's
Deborah Pickstone
The start of the second series. A new prophecy seems to be leading the cats out of the forest as it is about to be destroyed by humans. New set of POVs with younger cats taking the limelight. Remains very readable.
Kirsti
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to ...more
Aoife
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is ...more
Olivia
this book is really good because i'm he kind of person who loves books about animals. This book has lots of adventure in it it's really really good. It makes you want to keep on reading and reading forever.
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
3.5/5

Okay, this one didn't quite have the magic that the first series held for me. But I still enjoyed stepping back into the world of the cat Clans just the same!

Compared to the first series, this book was rather slow. In fact, nothing really happened. There was a lot of talk about prophecy, a lot of traveling, and not much action. There were only a few scenes where the cats were in any danger. I think the bar was set too high by the last series, which delivered tons of action, harrowing
Aurora Dimitre
This was the first warrior cat book I ever read, and it's kind of amazing that I got as into this as I did, because while this is a good, necessary book that not only sets up the rest of this series but the rest of the series after this one, it is s l o w. But I'm pumped to keep going--and tbh, little Brambleclaw, tiny aggressive Crowpaw , and also Jesus-lover-Feathertail... good times.
Hunter K
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary
Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. They meet Purdy, a kitty pet who makes him their guide on their journey. He tries to lead them in the direction of the sea but gets lost. Then when theyre in the up walkers territory they get ambushed by rats and Tawnypelt gets injured bad.

Main characters
Tawnypelt- strong from shadow clan.
Brambleclaw- big powerful tabby from thunder clan.
Stormfur- gray
Abby Shaffer
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muzhen Guy
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy ...more
Littlebookterror
This book so good I am honestly surprised.
The characters actually have personalities, there is measurable growth with all of them, newly formed connection and an interesting new plot.
(view spoiler)
Mary
Jun 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
Amy
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I realy wanted to enjoy this book but sadly I didnt. It was a bit to childish for me now and I found it that boring that I couldnt put myself threw finishing it (i didnt even make half way)
If I was you I wouldnt read it! Thanks for reading! :)
Sara Jones
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! it was a good book with great new and old characters from the old series. Quite interesting as well.
Parker the Llama
Adventure is on almost every page!! This book is only a little sad, and very happy. It's filled with adventure and i always want to know what happens. I want to give this book a million stars!
GuineaPigFalconer
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book super quickly, in only a few days. It was nice to get back into the shorter Warriors series books after reading several super editions. This book starts off the second series, and I was quickly swept up into the new trouble facing the clan cats. The plot was fast-paced, the characters were good and grew throughout the book, and I look forward to getting further into this second Warriors series!
Angela
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ending
Isabella#8 McPhee
it was a great book to start off series #2!
Daylen Prather
Is is a good book
Tennille Wilton
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good, just like the previous series! This first book opens the second series very well and leaves one wanting more!
ShadowLelouch97
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love The New Prophecy as much as the original series. I like how we get to see the perspective of different cats than Firestar. More trouble is on its way for our four clans!
Alex Richey
A slow but necessary start. I have a few ideas of where the plot will go, and none of it will be easy!
Rogue
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was is a great start to the next step in the series, but it still doesn't change the fact that I know what is going to happen.
Shannon
I have not read it yet but it sounds amazing.
Historyprincess
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors

• Lone Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #1)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Darkstalker (Wings of Fire: Legends, #1)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire, #1)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • The Taken (Foxcraft, #1)
  • The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)
  • The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire, #4)
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Escaping Peril (Wings of Fire, #8)
  • The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, #13)
  • The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire, #3)
  • Winter Turning (Wings of Fire, #7)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Moon Rising (Wings of Fire #6)
  • The Mage (Foxcraft, #3)
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)