Start by marking “Keep Swimming (Keep Swimming, #1)” as Want to Read:
Keep Swimming (Keep Swimming, #1)

Keep Swimming

(Keep Swimming #1)

After his partner dumped him with a pregnant surrogate four years ago, Cary Whitmore was forced to play single parent while starting up a new business. With the dog bakery now semi-successful and his son healthy, Cary thinks he may be ready to date again.

Heath Cummings is trying his damnedest to get his charter boat service off the ground and dreams of one day soon being a
130 pages
Published June 26th 2014 (first published June 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Keep Swimming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Swimming

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

This is an easy and sexy story with plenty of steam and tender moments.

I loved Gus, Cary's son, in this one. He was a typical 4-year-old and didn't take over the story. So often, kids in romance books are pawns of the plot and act like adults on steroids, but not so with Gus.

Cary and Heath's relationship developed naturally. I could see Heath willing to trust more, and Cary opening up about his needs and feelings. The secondary characters, particularly Heath's friend Kyle, were three-
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
description

The story starts with Cary who just got dumped by his partner with a pregnant surrogate. Even if he’s hurt, Cary decides to keep the baby. Three years later, Cary is the single father of Gus, a cute little boy. He owns a bakery, so with a business and a little kid he doesn’t have time for dating. Cary meets Heath at the animal shelter. He’s attracted to him but he doesn’t know if the other man is straight or gay. He is more than happy when he meets Heath at a local gay bar.
Heath is bi, but no o
.Lili.
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
 photo imagejpg1_zpsa4b638f0.jpg

Kade Boehme,

You sir, did it again. He has delivered another heart felt story about two men and a child that will bring forth so many feels. His stories are about real life situations. They're about falling down and finding the strength and courage to get back up.

What I loved:
*Dual POV
*Great cast of characters
*Nice story flow
*It's haaawt and moving: perferct balance of both
*No cliffhanger

What I didn't like:
*That it ended but hey we have (view spoiler) coming in August
Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Oh, oh, oh. Yeah. I am truly floating on my HEA cloud right now.

"Sometimes things just work out how they're supposed to."

Kade posted these pics as inspiration and well, he was spot on.

Cary and Gus
Heath
description

This book made me really happy. I liked these guys. I liked the growth and where it took them, they both had some growing up to do for sure. Overall a sexy, romantic and well, just beautiful Friday read. There were some editing issues that could be easily fixed but not enough to take away from t
☆ Todd
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this story ridiculously cute and entertaining.

At 24, Cary was dumped by his boyfriend of 4 years, because the insecure asshole was jealous that their surrogate wasn't 6 months pregnant with *his* own little swimmers. After agreeing to it.

But years later, the once-burned Cary has moved on and has a truly amazing 3 year old son, Gus, to show for it. I loved how Gus was written in this story. A quiet, little joy who loved to get filthy and spend time with his daddy. Death by cute, people,
Gigi
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable book, but I'm afraid I never 100% warmed up to MC Heath. And the ending was HFN, and just left me... Sad. I know there is a sequel, a story focusing on Kyle, and I'd imagine they'll be an update in there about these 3, Heath, MC Cary and his son Gus, but I'm just a little too sad to read that story right now. I went ahead and read the sequel. There wasn't much of Heath, Cary and Gus, but they did get their HEA.

Wish I could recommended this one with great confidence, but I j
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Gus Stole the Show--Stars!!

Not my favorite Kade Boehme book but a good read nonetheless!

I'd classify it more as a novella as it was just over 100 pages. So not a lot of time for story and character development.

The story begins with Cary getting dumped by his long term partner. Right in the middle of having a baby together via surrogate.

Three years later and Cary is a single dad to the adorable Gus. He run his own dog bakery and doesn't spend much time dating.

Heath volunteers at a no-kill
* A Reader Obsessed *
I quite enjoyed this even though I've probably read several similar stories already. Apparently I like this little recipe. It had just the right amount of realistic believability, enough angsty push and pull, and of course some good feels. I would have welcomed a bit more smex but that's typically always the case. Easy reading for those willing to take the plunge.
annob
I enjoyed this one! It had a well balanced storyline—single dad Cary gets ready to start dating again, and can't resist drooling over happy-to-be-single guy Heath. Luckily the details of the plot isn't as predictable as the setup implies.

It's a cute story but the book had a realism tone about it, which I found refreshing, even in the bedroom scenes. I was seriously hooked on the first three quarters of the book, and even though I enjoyed the finale, I would have preferred that particular segmen
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I really wanted to love this. It just didn't work for me. Both MCs had their share of issues that really made it hard for me to believe in their relationship. Things happened that just didn't sit well with me. Maybe I was in the wrong state of mind for this today. I know others will read this and love it (Kade is an awesome writer, after all). Maybe I can read it again in the future and love it too.
Bitchie
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bitchie by: Lisa J.
Ok, I liked this better than I thought I would when I started. Gus was adorable, a four year old who acted like a four year old, not like some overly wise, precocious wunderkind. It took a bit for Heath to grow on me, but he did.

But I have to say, once again, the author really needs a better editor. Missing words, wrong words. Not terrible, but enough to notice several times. It feels more like just the author typing faster than his brain, and not bad writing, but still, it's noticeable, in nea
Shannon
Fucking Kade! Making me all weepy and heartbroken then making me all happy and smiley. How annoying! I loved this book. Like crazy loved it! It wasn't all that long but sure packed a punch. And that first sex scene in the shop...whoa. Nice! Would have loved to see Cary's douchey ex trying to get back with him so Cary could grab his nuts and make him cry like a baby though. Is that mean? Great read!!
Arch Bala
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cary+Gus+HeaF = LOVE!!! The feels!!! 'Can't stop smiling at the end... father and son Cary and Gus deserved so much for they kept swimming through life and with Heath's arrival - gawd! gawd! it's a beautiful, angsty, gooey-inducing romance!!!

description

I just can’t stop smiling after reading this beautiful story from Kade Boehme. It’s just perfection for me and this would be the first five stars I’m awarding the author. I just loved Cary, his son Gus and Heath! I mean, this was like the most adorable read
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Keep Swimming, Had me sucked in from the start and i couldn't stop reading.
A Perfect Story a bout New Beginnings, Self Sacrifice and Love.

What Would You sacrifice for the ones you love??

I Love the Way Kade writes
Shit happens and we have to learn to adapt and move on.
Life is Hard.. Sometimes Life is Easy and sometimes Life Throws us Curve balls that we all learn and grow from.

Kade Makes the stories real just as life is and makes you FEEL!!

"Sometimes things just work out how they're supposed to"
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
4 Heart Swooning Stars

photo PicsArt_1433091152337_zpsjdaczdfo.jpg

The story of Cary, a single daddy living a simple life, owning his business and raising his 3 year old love, Gus. After a heart breaking breakup several years earlier, Cary had not thought about hooking up with anyone let alone falling in love.

Heath, loving the single life, hooking up and saying that's all folks, loved his life...so he thought.

Both men, crushing on each other, finally let their desire win over and hooked up in passion high fun. Both, know this was jus
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Hmmm... Do you think if I cut and paste Valerie *M/M Romance Junkie's review, she'd notice?! Because that's exactly how I felt as well! Exactly.

Well, okay, maybe it worked for me a little more than it worked for her, but overall I just wasn't as impressed with this as I was with some of Boehme's previous books (I heart Trouble & the Wallflower hard, for the record).

For me, this was a "more (or less, as the case might be) than a sum of its parts"-type book. I thought that t
Jewel
3.5 Stars

This was a very cute story. Stories where kids feature heavily can be hit or miss for me. I'm not much of a kid person, myself, much like one of the MC's in this one, so sometimes I just don't relate to stories where kids are so present. However, I loved this one. Gus was one adorable kid.

Cary Whitmore is a 28 year old gay man with a 3 year old son. He doesn't trust easily, since his last partner of 4 years left because their surrogate wasn't pregnant with his kid. What a jerk! Well,
Leighton Rose
When his partner of four years leaves Cary Whitmore unexpectedly, Cary has to grow up fast to raise the little boy they were expecting together. Gus Whitmore is the light of Cary's life and you can tell that in everything he does.

Enter Heath Cummings. He works on an offshore oil rig and volunteers at the dog shelter that Cary's neighbor and friend owns. He's the eternal bachelor. He doesn't want a relationship or kids. He's got a different girl on his arm every time Cary sees him, but Cary can'
Riina Y.T.

♥ `•..• ♥ º ☆..•`♥ Brilliantly Wonderful ♥ `•..• ♥ º ☆..•`♥

That's how you do it.

Keep Swimming was absolutely wonderful, there is no better way to put it.

I loved Heath, Cary and Gus to bits! I loved how this simple yet complicated story was wrapped up in drama, fear, emotion, adorableness, a little smut and wonderful character growth.

For me, their story felt so real, touched me deeply and left me super satisfied.

This was something sweet and sexy without being sugar coated or pages filled with
Silkeeeeeereads
Two books in one day that have me crying like a baby is far too much. I could tell you it's my mood, but I'd be lying. This is a beautiful story of two men finding their way to love with a small four year old obstacle among other things. It's cotton candy sweet and a half box of tissues emotional. I loved every word. I love Kade. I guess staying at MVs did wonders for him because this book is exceptional. There is nothing sweeter than a family finding their way to love. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR TH ...more
Andrea Goodell
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT!!

Kade is an auto buy for me and once again he did not disappoint me.
This is a sweet, loving story about one guy who was hurt by a partner and 4 yrs later is just now coming out of his shell. The other one is working a job to make money so he can "retire" and do what he has always wanted to do. But in doing that job he has to pretend to be something he's not.

Lots of bumps and learning and growing.

I cried, I laughed and I stayed up past my bedtime to finish!
Dennie
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Robert
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was almost a DNF for me but I'm glad I hung in there. Sweet story with some great characters. I thought the relationship between the MCs was pretty realistic under the circumstances but that the conflict resolution wrapped up a little too quickly. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Shelby P
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kids
I need a story where I can sink my teeth into it. I need to feel transported into the characters' lives. I didn't get that here. This was just okay, unforgettable. Why so many misunderstandings in stories? Why can't people just be upfront about shit?
Bev
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

Cute story from Kade. Absolutely loved Gus, Cary and 'Heaf' made a believable couple...eventually. 4 stars from me.
Monika
A sweet story with just the hint of angst. The characters feel real and Gus is a treasure, this is something I'll read over and over.
Dee Wy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet, enjoyable read with a single Dad and son falling for a "roughneck" oil rig worker saving to start his own business. Reasonable level of angst keeps things interesting.
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
This story was an absolute delight.A light fluffy romance Between Heath, a relationship phobic and Cary a father of a 3 yrs old son, who's partner Marshall, bailed out on him when they were expecting the baby.With a couple of helpful neighbors and friend in the mix, it was a perfect read and what I was looking for.

While rating this story, I had a fierce battle.
Heart Vs Brain

My Brain: "3.5 stars max 4."

My Heart:"5 Stars,nothing less."

My Brain:"Why? you are such a girl.."

My Heart: "Oh Gus and Car
T.M. Smith
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cary Whitmore is a single gay man with a three year old he's raising on his own after his long term partner left him early on in the pregnancy. They had made the decision to have a child, found the surrogate and gotten pregnant. But Cary's ex left him alone and struggling for reasons that reveal themself in the book, which just make you hate the guy even more. Cary's number one focus is little Gus and then his business the Dog Barkery. He hasn't dated since before Gus was born, and rarely hooks ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3)
  • The Manny
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)
  • Nights In Canaan
  • Last First Kiss (Southern Comfort #1)
  • I Love You, Asshole! (Green's Hill, #2)
  • A Reason To Stay (Heroes #1)
  • A Heart for Robbie
  • 500 Kisses
  • Spirit
  • Glen & Tyler's Honeymoon Adventure (Glen & Tyler's Adventures, #1)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Man of the Match
  • The Current Between Us
  • Stay (Blackcreek, #2)
  • The Devil's Trill Sonata (Vivaldi in the Dark #2)
  • The Flesh Cartel #15: Twenty-Five
Kade Boehme is a southern boy without the charm, but all the sass. Currently residing in New York City, he lives off of ramen noodles and too much booze. He is the epitomy of dorkdom, only watching TV when Rachel Maddow or one of his sports teams is on. Most of his free time is spent dancing, arguing politics or with his nose in a book. He is also a hardcore Britney Spears fangirl and has an addic ...more

Keep Swimming (2 books)
  • Going Under (Keep Swimming, #2)