Start by marking “Purr-fect Mating” as Want to Read:
Purr-fect Mating

Purr-fect Mating

Fhina and Wulfar have a little problem.

On their wedding night, at the stroke of midnight, Wulfar changes into his shifted wolf form and cannot shift back. Not even to communicate with the woman he loves.

Fhina upon waking the day after their mating, no longer recognizes her mate. Pregnant and confused, she’s convinced herself that her mate has run away and left her to
Published July 21st 2014 by Roane Publishing (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Purr-fect Mating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purr-fect Mating

Start your review of Purr-fect Mating
Linda Romer
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: reviews
I liked this book. It starts with a girl named Fhina a shape shifter that can shift into a tiger. She lives alone in a cabin in the forest. She hears a noise outside, it's a good looking male unconscious, naked and bleeding. She takes him in cleans him up and protects him from the hunter that shot him. His name is Wulfar and he is also a shape shifter. They find themselves very attracted to each other. There's only one problem, Wulfar is under a curse, the morning after he claims his mate he ...more
Tracy Ehlers
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

After reading the blurb I had concerns that the story would be similar to Lady Hawk, this was NOT the case...

A short story that contained all the elements of a full length novel, This story was fast paced, fun, filled with shifters, witches, magic and those ever loveable inlaws! The story was entertaining and packed full of witty comments and one lines that had me laughing out loud.

Two different species of shifter both cursed by witches /
Amaleen Ison
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun and fast paced fantasy story full of shifters, witches, and magic.

An impossible situation brought about by a passionate mating tears the two main characters apart and keeps the reader guessing to the end as to how their situation will resolve itself.

Loved the characters and the story world. My only complaint is that there wasn't more of it. Huge potential for development.
Lissyiszy
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
MINOR SPOILERS

The story starts off interestingly with the main character finding a wolf shifter being hunted. Fhina saves him and the rest is as the summary describes. We get glimpses that Wulfar is someone important, maybe an Alpha but the author never goes into that which I wish was explained.

I had a hard time deciding on how to review this story. It was entertaining and fun for sure. It was definitely a quick superficial read. My issues were that the characters don't grow or develop. They
Miriam
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, series
Fhina (a Siberian tiger) and Wulfar (a Grey wolf) are fated mates…and cursed. Fhina won’t remember her mate after the mating takes place until she finds the one thing she already has, and Wulfar will remain in wolf form except for one day a year. The urge to claim one another is too strong and the morning after they find themselves on the other end of their respective curses.

What ensues is a delightful story of trying to figure out the counter-charm to their curses. The twists and turns that
Melissa
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story is fast-paced and fun. Despite the very serious situation the main characters find themselves in, there was still much humor which I was pleasantly surprised by. The vibrant characters made for an entertaining read and the setting was great too. I wanted to go visit the Witchy bookstore! I especially loved Fhina's family and the way she interacted with them.

As an avid reader of paranormal romance, I would recommend this novella to fans of the genre who are looking for a light, quick
The Talent Cave Reviews
Title: Purr-fect Mating
Author: Sheryl Winters
Genre: Paranormal Shifter Romance
Publisher: Roane Publishing
Novella length
Reviewed by Brandi

4 Stars – Recommended Read

Imagine a female tiger shifter. A cabin in the woods. A sexy, but wounded naked male found outside. Sounds like the beginnings of something interesting and Purr-fect Mating is just that. It was a fast paced read about two mates who have been cursed.

For more go to: http://thetalentcavereviews.weebly.co...
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is one of those books I'm having trouble expressing my thoughts on. I liked the book, but at the same time felt like something was missing. This s fast-paced story that I found to be okay. The story itself is interesting with two shifters who have curses that will be activated when they bond with their mate. I think this story has a lot of potential but it wasn't fully fleshed out. It felt as though there were a few story threads that began but then never went any where. It stemmed like ...more
Samantha
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this book in exchange for an honest review as part of the Purr-fect Mating review tour!

Blog tours are amazing! I have found some books I never would have read otherwise that I love! This is one of them! Omg! Okay I love shifter stories! Some of my favorite book series are Kate Daniels and Mercy Thompson. So when I seen this I was like yup I’m signing up for this tour! I loved it! In most shifter stories they are either on the down low or hated and feared. Not in this one though! They
Sherry Fundin
Here Kitty, Kitty

OMG! This was such a fun read! The writing was light and chockfull of humor. Werecat meets wereshifter and they fall in love. But that’s not the end of the story. I read Purr-fect Mating in less than 40 minutes. I loved it and couldn’t stop until the last word was read. A Purr-fect ending that had me smiling…..again.

Fhina could smell the shifter and the human. Will her inner Kitty be necessary to save the wereshifter from the human hunter?

She called herself a loner Kitty and she
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I chose to read this title as I love shifter romance, however, I was not aware that it was a novella. As a general rule I tend to avoid novellas. I find that they are too short and as a result the story is rushed or character development is limited. However, since I made a commitment to read and review this title I had no choice but to go against my own rule.
Well, after completing Purr-fect Mating my reasons for not reading novellas were reiterated. The characters were not sufficiently
Emily
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Freaking. Loved. It. This book was such a great read! The writing style was unique and different from most books I've read. I don't want to get in to to many details and spoil it, but I would recommend trying to read a portion of the book to see if you liked the author's writing style as it is different and kind of out there.

This is a short read, with three months of activities and events squeezed into 40 pages, and the book moves
Ashley Poteet
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I just want to say Thank You Sheryl Winters!! I just recently got into reading Shifter Novels This one being my second and I have to say this book has sealed the deal with Shifters being at the top of my list!

So we have Fhina and Wulfar, our two main characters have run into a little bad luck. On the night of their wedding Wulfar shifts into his wolf form and cannot shift back, and worse he can't communicate with his love.

The next morning after their mating Fhina awakes and she cannot
Michelle
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable story about 2 shifters who both have some bad luck due to poor judgment before each other.

You'll love the hero and how adorable he is. There heroine is cute and quirky. This is a great book that you can read in one sitting and walk away smiling.

This is a novella, which I personally like. There are never any dull moments.
Amie
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually listened to the Kindle text to speech version of this book. Purr-fect Mating is a great story. I liked Fhina and Wulfar. Fhina is kind of quirky and the story moves quick. The mating starts fast and the curses add a twist.

If you are looking for a really quick light story give this book a try.
Crystal Gordon
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
It was OK ... there could have been more. I understood where the story was going and what they wanted out of it.
Nicola
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute and easy to read novella which will eave you with a smile. Purr-fect!
Rhi
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Both Fhina and Wulfar labor under nasty curses that revolve around finding their mate. Fhina, once mated, will forget her mate entirely. Wulfar will turn into his wolf and be unable to shift out of his form. Fhina, now pregnant and mated, believes her mate left her with his dog. Attempts to break the curse seem to go nowhere and time is running out before she gives birth. And, even if the curses are broken, will Wulfar remain? Or will he run from his future?

This is a cute and light paranormal
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
What are you suppose to do when you wake up one morning mated and pregnant yet have no recollection of the previous night?

Fhina knew the minute she found her mate, if she continued with the mating, the next morning she would have no recollection of who he was. After all, that's what the warlock's curse said.
Wulfar also is cursed to watch his mate go about life pregnant with no idea who he is, as a wolf. After all he's cursed to stay as a wolf except one day out the year after completing his
Tresa
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novella, it made me laugh out loud!! When Fhina and Wulfar first meet its after Wulfar is shot by a Hunter...There is just something about him and once they kiss they find out they are Mates! Only both are cursed, and by finding their fated mates their curses become active. Now they struggle to overcome these curses that are bound and determined to keep them apart, will there love survive??? You will have to read this awesome story to find out!! I do wish it were longer!!
Crystal Clifton
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is going to be an amazing series. It was a quick fun filled read and I love how the story flowed and how it stayed constant. Fhina and Wulfar find out they are both cursed for different reasons and that they are Mates. When Fhina finds Wulfar on her front steps hurt and bleeding from being hunted(Or was he?) by a hunter in the woods she brings him in and the story begins from there. Fhina gets pregnant and well there is a twist and it all comes about the night she gives birth. Love, ...more
Jill
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, Fhina and Wulfar meet and they immediately know they are fated mates. However, they both have curses on them and after they complete the mating the curses will go "active." From there the book is funny and kept me laughing. I definitely want to read more from this author. I think dual POV would have made it a bit better for the reader. However, at the same time I see what the author was trying to do with just one POV. It added a bit of mystery but I think hearing what ...more
Kym
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A short story about love, loss and curses. How does a person react when one night they find their true mate but can't remember anything about it the following morning. Fhina and Wulfar find each other only to to lose each other because of a curse. Follow them as they hurry to find a way to reverse the curses that they are under. I loved how Fhina giving birth freed them both from their own curses, first time reading a book from this author but this author definitely going on my watch list for ...more
Amanda Showalter
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fhina and Wulfar, 2 cursed people who find each other and realize they are mates. After their first night Fhina wakes up alone, or so she thinks by the dog she sees is really her mate and he is trapped in his mother form. Problem is she is pregnant. Can they fix things? I felt so bad for the poor woman that she didn't know it was him. This is a good little starter book in this series and I hope to see more.
Dmcl
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a purr-fectly delightful story! Sharp and witty dialogue serves to advance the story of two mates caught in the web of curses that have them trapped in an impossible situation. The resolution is filled with love and joy which will set the tone for your day. A highly recommended, quick read. I received a complimentary copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Patti
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweetest tale of dual ‘ challenges’ for fated mates! Being a novella, the characters sprung to life really well and I found myself happily engrossed in the storyline! Thoroughly enjoyed the journey I was taken down for the two fated mates to solve their matching dilemmas. Highly recommend this quick tale for an entertaining PNR fix
Monica
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little story. I wish it were more detailed into the relationship with Wulfar and Fhina but things happened really fast. There are no detailed sexy times which I assumed happened obviously. The copy I got was unedited and a jumbled mess with formatting. It made it harder to read but I managed it. The book was a good read otherwise.
Teri Ditchman
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story about shifters. This is very well written and has a lot of very neat interaction between characters with a lot of humor. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Staci
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the opening scene. Great hook, and then wonderful story. Was truly entertained by whole book. Lots of laughs, a few tears almost. Very worth my time overall. I bet this family would make a good series.
Mona williams
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was a short story of two shifters one a wolf and a cat. they spend one night together. she cant remember her and he cant shift to human form. what happens between these two? read to find out!
GOOD REVIEWS: Purr-fect Mating looking for reviewers. 5 23 Aug 14, 2014 07:25PM

• Forever Starts Today: Enchanted Keepsakes
  • Deck the Halls
  • Red Hot Reunion (Dallas Fire & Rescue Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • Darian (My Best Friend's Father #2)
  • The Summer Cabin
  • The Legend (Legacy #1)
  • Bootcamp of Misfit Wolves (Vanguard Elite, #1)
  • Sadie's Shadow (Ladies Of The Sky, #1)
  • Curse of the Dragon's Eye
  • The Beast Within
  • Dragon Her Home (Dragon Guards #23)
I’ve never set out to be an author. Only a story teller. Some days I succeed better than others.