Start by marking “Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)

Queen of Someday

(Stolen Empire #1)

ONE GIRL WILL BRING AN EMPIRE TO ITS KNEES...

Before she can become the greatest empress in history, fifteen-year-old Sophie will have to survive her social-climbing mother’s quest to put her on the throne of Russia—at any cost.

Imperial Court holds dangers like nothing Sophie has ever faced before. In the heart of St. Petersburg, surviving means navigating the political, ro
Published October 7th 2014 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Someday, please sign up.
Sherry Ficklin There are two more actually. Queen of Tomorrow (book 2) is out this July 14th! You can find it here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Book 3, Q…more
Book 3, Queen of Always, will be early 2016.(less)

Start your review of Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I can see it so clearly, us walking through the meadow, to the edge of the pond where the wild roses are in full bloom. He will take my hand, lay me down in the soft grass, and kiss me gently. Then, years later, he will put his hands to my swollen belly, a look of awe and joy radiating in his smile. I can see a tiny face, dark like his father’s, resting nestled in my arms. I see our whole life stretched out before us.
And it’s beautiful.
This book is about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. I'll
Maria
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's a good thing I don't know much about the Russian monarchy, or else, I wouldn't have liked this book. Because honestly, the end is what actually made me like this book, if it wasn't for that, I would probably have hated this. And here are the following reasons why, I was so sure I was going to hate it.

1. Insta-love. Oh yes. And not once, but twice? trice?
2. To make matters worse... there was a love triangle no scratch that... love square... yes... oh the horror!!!

That's just two... but t
Cody
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cover-love
To my utter horror and disbelief I don’t read or own many historical romances but after yet again another fabulous book, I will definitely be reading more of this genre. Whether it was the gorgeous cover or the blurb that intrigued me, I’m truly grateful. Queen of Someday is packed with deceit, betrayal, Russian fashion and politics, fancy royal balls, ruthless characters and a romance that won’t be to everyone’s tastes.

“When waging a war of the heart, you must only fight if you are absolutel
Pearl Angeli
I received an ARC of this book free from the author and netgalley in exchange for an honest review. First, I was really smitten by the book’s cover. Isn’t it so stunning?

I was even surprised to find out that the book does not only tell a typical, plain story but it outlines the life of the Russian leader Catherine the Great. Honestly my knowledge about history is so poor so I paused reading it for a while and review the background of Catherine the Great so as to have a better idea about the main
Aditi
“Sometimes, we must learn to open our hearts and grow to love someone we think we might not be able to.”

----Sherry D. Ficklin

Sherry D. Ficklin, an American author, has penned a terrific tale about queens, palaces, love and war based in Russia, Queen of Someday that happens to be the first book in the Stolen Empire series that accounts a tale of destiny, power and love in a dangerous kingdom in Russia which is loosely based on the life of young Catherine the Great.

Synopsis:

Before she can bec
Dana

This story is absolutely horrendous and I will now caution myself to be much more careful when picking out YA novels on Netgalley. This is quite possibly the worst historical novel that I have ever read. I don't know what time period this book is supposed to be set in, but the way everyone acted was very modern.

There was such a huge strain of believability with the main character, I mean in the first 20% of the book she has a crush on three different guys. She is also tutored privately by a sol
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Reign and The Winner's Trilogy
Recommended to Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇ by: Lola
“It lies not in our power to love or hate, for will in us is overruled by fate. When two are stripped, long ere the course begin, we wish that one should love, the other win.”

Many are deeming this book to have a love square... I think that depends on what you qualify as love.

Sophie has been raised to believe that she is destined to rule alongside Peter, the chosen heir and pet of the Empress, a boy she remembers as the typical spoiled brat from childhood.

Peter likes games. Peter is cruel an
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Read the full review @ A Perfection Called Books

This book is basically a better version of The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz. It's also reminiscent of the tv show Reign. This historical fiction read was captivating and alluring. I couldn't stop reading! Filled with pretty dresses, deception, trysts, court gossip, romance, and more, this book is sure to please.

I was immediately taken with this book after reading the synopsis. I LOVE historical fiction and was thrilled to read this. I l
TL
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
For me, the book started out well, the writing was really lovely and the beginning when bandits attacked the carriage was exciting... I loved how she took them on with just a knife. I did have my suspicions as to how the gowns were destroyed *looks to Sophia's mom*

I started getting red flags after Peter's birthday ball, and I know the blurb on the back does indicate a love triangle. If it's well done, it doesn't bother me but this one...

really got on my nerves...

I didn't see what Sophia 'saw' i
Stephanie (Bookfever)
I'm a bit of a history buff, so this was a pretty great book for me. I don't know that much about Russian history, though but even so I did like reading Queen of Someday. It was a fast read full of intrigue and romance. Also, the writing was excellent!

The only thing that I disliked about it was the love square (not kidding), the insta-love and how all the guys in the book all seemed to be so handsome and want Sophie. In the overall picture I didn't mind a lot because the rest of this book was e
Sherry Ficklin
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book, so of course I love it! I hope you will too!
Natália Lopes
I absolutely loved this book. I have a thing for history, especially great kings and queens, and this retelling of Catherine The Great was just what I needed after Omega. It was at times a bit cliché, but the book gripped me from start to finish. I loved Sophie's strong personality, her quick wit and her ability to rise above even when things were going to hell. She kept her head, had clever solutions for her dilemmas and was a true queen from the start. I felt super sorry for her for what she h ...more
Rebecca Gober
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay I have to share this awesome news! For anyone who loves Reign on CW, this book will rock your socks!

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT
QUEEN OF SOMEDAY by Sherry D. Ficklin!

Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin won't be your average young adult book. No, this book will have something extra special within it. Queen of Someday will be enhanced with embedded videos throughout the story. These videos will give you behind the scenes looks into the life o
Rache
Oh god, this book.. where to begin?

The thing that got me to read this book was the cover. Just look at it! I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but, I couldn't resist reading it at the end and it was totally worth my time.

The main character, Princess Sophia of Prussia, is fifteen years old and has two options to save her family's reputation: marry Prince Peter, a handsome guy of 16, or her uncle of 40. The difficult path will be to convince Peter and the rest of the Russian Court, and if
Pamela
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Currently free on Amazon

Warning- EVERYBODY TAKE A STEP BACK FROM THIS BOOK, SLOWLY. NO RUN AWAY FROM THIS BOOK.
This book is so bad it makes a rotten egg looks eatable. My feelings for this book is a four letter word, do not let the sample on kindle deceive you. It did that to me and i will not let it do it again.
Look at me expecting another type of selection. it has everything i wanted-A prince, a princess, Marriage proposal, guard, castle. But unfortenelately all the characters here are crazy a
Sophie
Even though this series has been published for a while, when I first heard about it, I was completing an Imperial Russia module at uni, and wanted to read anything I could about Imperial Russia. Catherine the Great, though not a monarch I studied during my degree, has always intrigued me, because of how badass she was, in a world run by men. To have an origin story for Catherine was like a dream come true.

In Queen of Someday, our MC, Sophie (great name ;)), is preparing herself to be married to
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Clean Teen Publishing and NetGalley.)
Sophia is going to Russia with her mother as a potential bride for the Empress’s son Peter, although she is bound to have competition.
Can Sophia win Peter? And does she really want to?

Let me just start by telling you that I know very little history, and therefore have no idea how factually correct this book is. That being said, this was an enjoyable story, and I love
Amanda
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley and Clean Teen Publishing to review.

Queen of Someday is an enchanting story that is elegantly written to make your heart ache and swoon. I fell in love with Princess Sophie almost immediately. The book starts off very strong and holds your attention the whole way through. This is a story filled with secrets, betrayal and the feuding between the head and heart

There were many lines of this book that I highlighted on my kindle. The writing is marvelous and really
Jennifer Davis
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read. I absolutely LOVED it!!!! Queen of Someday is a brilliantly told story filled with romance, action, and intrigue. I absolutely adore the main character, Princess Sophie, who is fiercely intelligent and witty (think Katniss or Tris, only in a ball gown). When Sophie faces the brutal Russian Court, she quickly discovers that danger lurks at every corner and no one can be trusted. Sherry D. Ficklin has outdone herself in this heart-pounding story that will leave you ...more
Melanie's
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well Sherry Ficklin has really done it this time. I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC and just couldn't put it down.

Loosely based on the history of Catherine the Great this YA historical novel hooks you from the first page.

Fans of the tv show Reign will devour this series and with good reason. The characters are vibrant and demand you give them attention, the setting is royal and the history is ......... Well there's some history in there ..... But if I wanted accurate I would read a
N.N. Light
I forget who recommended this book to me but whomever it was, I totally owe you! This historical romance brings Russia to life. Filled with drama, romance, intrigue and royalty, I loved this book! Fans of Reign will love this one! Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 Rating
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
#OverIt

I understand that this is historical fiction and the events in the book sort of reflect the actual history of the era. I get that. But these characters were hot then cold. Malicious then sweet. I trust you. I hate you.

Puh-leeze.

Sohpie starts off as a strong character. She knows her role. She knows where she stands. Sophie is a political pawn and nothing more. Let's not kid ourselves. Love in her life was never a real thing. And I can understand that as soon as she meets a nice guy, it wou
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
IF YOU THINK THIS IS HISTORICAL FICTION, YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED

Yup, this book might be about Catherine the Great of Russia. And yes, many of the people and the things that happen are historical as well. But that's just about it. The author takes great liberty with history, but, to her credit, she fully owns this fact. She intended it, even. So, as long as you keep that in mind, this is actually quite enjoyable.

"Of the entire universe, I only wanted you."

THE THINGS I LIKED

Alternative
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Duty, love, passion, deceit, royalty.

This book was a bit hit and miss. Some bits I loved, some bits I hated. But by the time I got to the end I'd pretty much decided that it was a hit and I'll definitely read on.

First off we've got Sophia. This was a character I'd judged just from the name. I couldn't help it. One of my sister's is called Sophia and it's an unusual name. She a bit kick ass rebel, a bit dutiful daughter, and I loved how her character changed as the story progressed. I lo
Tamara
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was enjoyable, yet not. It was predictable, yet not. It had its moments, but only a few. And then it was compelling, then not.

Spoilers below:

Sophie or who I should call (view spoiler) becomes instantly interested in everyone, but not to the man, whom will become king of Russia and whom she is to wed.

Complete instalove to the point that I believed (view spoiler)
Jess
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
My love affair for historical fiction began at a very young age. Enthralled by the tale of Marie Antoinette, I set out to fulfill an aching desire to know more. There is only so much solace that can be found in history for there are also so many unknowns. I like to see fiction as the concrete that binds the bricks together; the foundations together are afflicted by spaces of the unknown and only truly take form once bounded together by the cement. You see, I’ve since expanded my thirst for knowl ...more
Muse-ic ♬
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sophie is immature and Peter is worse lol
Nicole Wang
Jul 15, 2014 added it
Shelves: favorites
OH THE INTRIGUE.
There was one reason and one reason only I picked up this book: Nobles. Empress. Princess. Political intrigue. I will read anything where high nobility come into play and where alliances and betrayals are made in secret--and that's exactly what Queen of Someday gave me.

There's something oddly fascinating with these kind of books. I went from loving it, to hating it, to loving it again. And then realizing one of the best things about this book was also one of the worst thing
maisha
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Check out my review of Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin at Books Equal Awesomeness!

*Received a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Let me start off by saying that I do not typically read historical romance novels. So I may have been a bit judgemental based on my preferences. However, this book did not seems like a historical romance because other than the dialogue, everything seemed pretty modern.

For me, this book went through several phases. The first ph
Michelle Pickett
Sherry D Ficklin seamlessly weaved bits of nonfiction facts with the fiction storytelling she does so well. In the end, she has created a wonderful piece of literary art.

When I sat down to read QOS I expected perfection from Sherry Ficklin. I got nothing less. She seamlessly weaved bits of nonfiction facts with the fiction storytelling she does so well. In the end, she has created a wonderful piece of literary art.

Her characters are written flawlessly and feel as though t

• An Indecent Invitation (Spies and Lovers, #1)
  • Serenade (The Nightmusic Trilogy, #1)
  • Quest of Honor (Searching Hearts, #1)
  • Lady by Chance
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • The Banished Saga, Books 1 &2: (Banished Saga: Banished Love and Reclaimed Love)
  • Vow (Lords of Action #1)
  • The Renegade Wife (Children of Empire, #1)
  • The Disappearance of Lady Edith (The Undaunted Debutantes, #1)
  • The Last Praetorian (The Redemption Trilogy, #1)
  • An Enchanted Christmas Collection : Regency Romance
  • Roman and Jewel
  • Miranda (Mail-Order Brides of Sapphire Springs, #1; Brides of Beckham)
  • One Wild Dawn (The Northumberland Nine #1)
  • Belle of Charleston (Southern Legacy, #1)
  • The Forbidden Valentine: Lady Eleanor Hawthorne (Hawthorne Sisters, #1)
  • Salt Bride (Salt Hendon, #1)
Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of books in the other. That is, unless she's on deadline at which time she, like the Loch Ness monster, is only seen in blurry photographs.
Sherry also writes cont

Stolen Empire (6 books)
  • Queen of Tomorrow (Stolen Empire, #2)
  • Queen of Always (Stolen Empire, #3)
  • The Winter Queen (Stolen Empire, #4)
  • The Hollow Queen (Stolen Empire, #5)
  • The Broken Queen (Stolen Empire, #6)