Start by marking “Feedback (Newsflesh, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feedback (Newsflesh, #4)

Feedback

(Newsflesh #4)

FEEDBACK is a full-length Newsflesh novel which overlaps the events of New York Times bestseller Mira Grant's classic Feed and follows a group of reporters covering the Democratic side of the Presidential campaign.
There are two sides to every story...
Mira Grant creates a chilling portrait of an America paralyzed with fear. No street is safe and entire swaths of the cou
Published October 4th 2016 by Orbit Books

To ask other readers questions about Feedback, please sign up.
Holly I wouldn't. You are going to want to delve farther into this world but so much of it will be spoiled for you if your read this one first. You could…moreI wouldn't. You are going to want to delve farther into this world but so much of it will be spoiled for you if your read this one first. You could probably read it right after reading Feed, but honesty the book is richer if you've read the Newflesh Trilogy + all the short stories from the world. (less)
Erin Mostly answering for new readers who come across this question, since I expect the library in question has already taken the book back, read or not.…moreMostly answering for new readers who come across this question, since I expect the library in question has already taken the book back, read or not. ;) While you could read this book first and mostly understand what is going on, the original trilogy of novels develops and explains the worlbuilding much better and more completely. This book assumes you are somewhat familiar with the framework of the world.

More importantly, this novel contains massive and possibly enjoyment-ruining spoilers for the original novel, and even some plot points from the other books. My strong suggestion would be to read these books in publication order. The world and story will grow more naturally.(less)

karen
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Step outside and I'll show you how an Irish girl defends her honor."

once more into the fray of the newsflesh world…

FYI - this book features ZERO of your favorite newsflesh characters, except as anecdotal material, but it DOES talk about events that take place in Feed, including favorite character-deaths, so make smart reading choices.

this is a kind of bizarro newsflesh story, in which we are introduced to an all-new team of intrepid journalists: aislinn* ("ash"), ben, mat, and audrey. and whil
Bradley
I admit to being a fanboy of the series. Gladly, irrationally, wholeheartedly.

I mean, who doesn't like a team of intrepid bloggers in a zombie-blighted wasteland encountering horrible secrets in the government and having lots to say about election madness while geeking out and stabbing moaners in the head? Better yet, who doesn't like mad conspiracies, killing your loved ones, looking great on camera as your run for your life, or just discovering how nuts the world is?

This definitely isn't for
Wendy Darling
New Newsflesh novel. NEW NEWFLESH NOVEL! Plus 4 novellas!

I literally tiny-screamed in my house when I heard this, and damn it all if I didn't tear up, too.

Greg
First off, don’t read this novel if you haven’t read the original trilogy. It’s full of spoilers and even though the jacket copy says it’s an excellent alternate jumping in point (or something like that), it’s not. Unless if you want pretty much the whole story line of the original novels to be revealed without all the build up.

I have to just sit down and write this. I haven’t been in the mood to write a review for oh, about the last year or so. In the past few months I’ve thought about writing
Bonnie
DNF @ 59%

For the record, I’m a massive Mira Grant fan and most importantly a HUGE Newsflesh fan. When I heard that there would be a fourth book coming, there was fully body tingling going on… I was that excited. So in a nutshell, having to dnf this makes me want to cry a fucking river.

Right off the bat, my first issue that had me cocking my head in confusion was the seemingly apparent duplication of the Feed storyline. Sure there were differences but it was the same story for the most part. Poli
Michelle Morrell
I love Seanan McGuire, writing as herself or under the pen name Mira Grant. Laws, she can weave a story. And the Newsflesh series is what brought me to her, a world two decades post-zombie apocalypse as civilization learns to survive around, beside and on top of the zombies. Still, as soon as this veered into the political shenanigans before a presidential election, I just Could. Not. Go. There. Right. Now.

Read about 200 pages, did not finish, will read some day.
Sonja Arlow
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Reading this book was like agreeing to go on a date with an ex-boyfriend. Just because it was great the first-time round does not mean it’s a good idea to go back for more.

I really loved the Newsflesh trilogy and especially the novellas but this one….. this one should have been well left alone.

The characters were flimsy at best and even Ash the charming Irish narrator started grating on my nerves. Yes I get that she is gay and loves Audrey but other than that there was very little to her. Ben wa
Paige  Bookdragon

I kinda forgot the feeling of being thoroughly swallowed by a book that you started breathing the same air the main characters were breathing. Thank you Mira Grant for letting me feel that moment again.

Review to come tomorrow. <3
Amanda
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible
3.5 rounded up. Entertaining audio. I love the Newsflesh world. I’m just not sure this story needs it’s own entire book. Maybe would have been better as a novella in Rise. One word of caution the blurb on the book says this is a good alternative jumping off point to the series. It’s not. It’s full of important spoilers for the other 3 books.
Scott  Hitchcock
Book 1: 3.5*
Book 2: 3.5*
Book 3: 3.5*
Book 4: 3*

The 4th book is a redux from different character perspectives of the events of the main series. While not bad and sticking to the spirit of the main series I didn't feel like it really offered anything new. All in all a good series.
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
I’ll tell you, I was pretty excited when I saw that Mira Grant was going to release a fourth book in the Newsflesh series. That series had it all, a perfect balancing of tension, gore, shock and comic relief. The first book, Feed, had me hooked on the series. Does it need a fourth book? No, but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to go back to that world.

The first thing I’ll address is, do you need to read the other three books before you read Feedback? The quick answer is no. Feedback stands alo
Figgy
Anything written by Mira Grant is a must-have for the shelf of this reviewer, and Feedback is no exception. Though, while this one did have me teary at one point and was definitely not shy on the action, while it was full of your typical Grant humour, this one was a little harder to get lost in.

It could be that, having read the original Newsflesh trilogy, this story wasn’t different enough, even though it has been a while since reading the first book. And, while this wasn’t what you might call a
Faye
Read: June-July 2017

I have three favourite series ever. Three fictional worlds that I love so much that despite all the inherent risks and dangers involved in being a character in the series, I would jump at the chance to visit them IRL if I ever could. The first is Terry Pratchett's Discworld which I've loved since I was a child. The second is the Newsflesh series. (The third, if anyone is interested, is J.D. Robb's In Death series.)

The reason I made such a powerful connection to the Newflesh w
Suzette
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Loved the first three. DEFINITELY didn't love this one. I never liked movies that were a vehicle for special effects rather than story. This book feels like a vehicle for a number of things, none of which are story. Hello Kitty earrings and make up tips? It all feels like product placement but for different fandoms. Added to the obvious gay and gender fluid characters and it just feels like someone trying to sell a book rather than writing a story.

The constant kneejerk "want to punch in the thr
Rose
Jul 12, 2014 marked it as to-read-own-bought
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!

Ladies and gentlemen, seems like there's another book in this series (WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!!).

You can bet I will be one of the first in line wanting to read this one.
Belinda Lewis
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Good bits:
* The main character Ash is cute and quirky and fun to hunt zombies with.

* It ties in very well with a couple of narrative tracks from the rest of the series.

Bad bits:
* None of the other characters are interesting. When classic zombie narrative device in the first book (view spoiler) I cried. When classic zombie narrative device in this book (view spoiler) I really didn't care. And I found it hard to believe that Ash ca
☕ Kimberly
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Feedback introduces us to Aislinn (Ash), Ben, Mat and Audrey. In Feed, the Masons are the news team for Senator Ryman and our new motley crew is reporting for Democratic hopeful Governor Susan Kilburn. Zombie attacks, politics and the crew itself took us on a wild and crazy tale filled with danger, truths, lies and loss.

"It's not what's truth that matters. It's what people remember when the dust dies down"

I really enjoyed the diverse dynamics of this team. First, we have Ben Ross the Newsie. He
Celine
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm afraid that I have to agree with what other reviewers have said about this book. Feedback is a companion novel to the Newsflesh trilogy, one of my favourite series of all time. Mira Grant/Seanan McGuire is a wonderful writer in my opinion, it is simply that the setup of Feedback does not work very well. This book follows a different blogger team on the other end of the political spectrum.

Again, the team consists of an Irwin, two Newsies, and a Fictional. The issue is that the reader already
Holly (The Grimdragon)
"Good death, bad death, slow death, fast death--the modern world is the fucking Amazon.com of dying."

The Newsflesh series was my introduction to Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant and I've just grown in my admiration of her writing the more I read. This is my ninth book of hers (plus a few short stories), so needless to say, I'm a fan! Next up will be Discount Armageddon, one of her urban fantasy series. I just cannot get enough of her fantastical writing, whether that is in science fiction or fantasy or
All Things Urban Fantasy
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-kim
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

It felt so good to fall back into the world of Mira Grant’s Newsflesh novels, that as I worked through the book, I read faster and faster until the dramatic conclusion. Medical paranoia and zombie based intrigue make for an exciting novel that brings back the excitement of reading the first three books in the series.

I was a bit worried about reading a story set during a time I had already fully explored, but the viewpoints and action were separate enou
Merrin
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
You know what, I'm calling it. At 33% of the way through this book, I just can't anymore. I'm adding it to "read" because there's not an option for "abandoned because it sucks." There are several reasons:

1) Life is too short to read poorly written rewrites of previous works by people who don't know how to use google.

2) Raccoons and koalas have an average weight of 15-20 pounds, and finding one that would not only be large enough to amplify according to her rules but also be in the proximity of
Lexxi Kitty
My status updates seem to indicate I’m all excited and stuff about reading a zombie book starring, as main character (a non-zombie), a lesbian. And how I felt sad about avoiding this book because I thought it was a repeat of a book I’d already read. So how’d we end up here? At a rating of 3.somethingthatputsitonthe3.5shelf?

The book started off strong – the book opens, if I recall correctly, with the lead character perched on top of a statue like a bird – for a really long time. She was waiting f
Mehsi
5+ stars! This.Was.Amazing! I loved every bit of it!

There are two sides to every story, and this one will show the story from the first book in a different way. With new characters, new teams, new things, and with a few older things thrown in, but very little.

That was what I was worried about at first. That this would just be the same story as the first one, just with newer characters. But it is totally different from that. We never even get to see the characters from the first books. We do hea
Devann
I know that the biggest complaint for this book is 'it's just like the original series but with different characters' and also 'there is no way characters in the other books wouldn't have known about this stuff' and I mean ...those are both valid criticisms. However, I was fully ready to set all that aside because at some point you just kind of either have to accept that 'the reason this doesn't 100% make sense is because the author wasn't planning on even writing this book 10 years ago' and enj ...more
Erin (PT)
I feel that, more than most audiobooks I've listened to, this book was affected by the narrator, Georgia Dolenz. So I want to talk about her first.

I really LOVED the voice Dolenz did for Ash. It wasn't what I expected, initially, but the longer I listened, the more perfect it felt. My image of Ash will forever be entangled with Dolenz's voice. However, I didn't feel that her voices for the other characters measured up. They weren't as individualized, for one thing, which sometimes made it tricky
Elena
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mira Grant's welcome return to her beloved zombie horror-cum-political thriller Newsflesh series introduces readers to a whole new cast of characters and a political conspiracy that manages to reflect and tie into the earlier trilogy while seeming fresh to longtime fans and welcoming to series newcomers. Join news blogger team Ash, Ben, Mat, and Audrey as they follow the primary campaign of Democratic presidential hopeful Susan Kilburn...who may be the target of assassination by means of weaponi ...more
Roz
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, 2016, favs-2016
I check daily if we have a date yet, hoping it says January. please let it be January!
Keikii Eats Books
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
75 points/100 (4 stars/5)
Alert: LGBT themes

Aislinn "Ash" North is an Irwin who married to get citizenship in America after Ireland proved inhospitable to her. While disappointed that she and her team didn't get chosen to follow Republican Senator Ryman on his presidential campaign, a new opportunity arises for Ash, Ben, Audrey, and Mat. Democratic candidate Governor Susan Kilburn of Oregon has decided to ask them to follow her instead. Boy, did they get more than they asked for.

Feedback is a sta
Jess Van Dyne-Evans
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to live in a world where I can meet some of these amazing clever people that live in these books. The NewsFlesh series just keeps getting better and better. Smart, gritty zombie fiction, the kind you re-read and shiver at new things that grab your attention.
  • Magic for Nothing (InCryptid, #6)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2)
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Publish and Perish (Linnet Ellery, #3)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
  • Odd & True
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Crosstalk
  • Exit Kingdom (Reapers, #2)
Mira also writes as Seanan McGuire.

Born and raised in Northern California, Mira Grant has made a lifelong study of horror movies, horrible viruses, and the inevitable threat of the living dead. In college, she was voted Most Likely to Summon Something Horrible in the Cornfield, and was a founding member of the Horror Movie Sleep-Away Survival Camp, where her record for time survived in the Swamp C

Newsflesh (4 books)
  • Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)
  • Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
  • Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3)
“Dolly Parton was a hero of the Rising, and I dare you to tell any red-blooded American girl who’s ever felt bad about her wardrobe differently,” said Governor Kilburn.” 1 likes
“But if you want to know who the scariest person in the group is, look for the one who’s been fighting zombies without smearing her eyeliner.” 1 likes