Start by marking “The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men (The Wisegirls, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men (The Wisegirls, #2)

The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men (The Wisegirls #2)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  347 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Page Four asks: Which Palm Springs party girl has been caught canoodling with an out-of-town "Adam"?

Eve Caruso keeps her finger on the pulse of Palm Springs and reports every spicy celebrity tidbit to her loyal readers. She knows everyone in this town—except that mysterious hunk who just strolled into the exclusive spa where she's conferring with hot new starlet Jemima Car
Published April 25th 2006 by Avon (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Grrr. I'll try this again. The review went poof when I went to save.

This was a random book I picked up off a random pile of books that were picked up from bargain bins. Had I known that this was the third book in a series and not the first, I probably would not have picked it up. Lots of characters that we can only believe who they are and their motivations were better described in prior books. Lots of ongoing plotlines that don't make too much sense here.

Eve Caruso is a man eating daughter to a
Bridgett
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun-beach-read
The book is a fun summer read with several smaller characters that are enjoyable to read.

I finished the book waiting for the conclusion of who the Mob boss leaves his business to, and for the third sister to have her story. It never came.
Amanda
Jun 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Michele
Feb 05, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was OK, but I generally only read romances as a breather in between the normal stuff I read. It did make a really good point about family is not what your genetics tell you, but what those who love you tell you. How can you quit loving somone after they've been a major part of your life since you were young? How can you not love a father that took you into his home even though you weren't really his to begin with? And how can you not love the mother that raised you as her own while bel ...more
Holly
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Christie Ridgway has become a go-to for excellent contemporary romances. When I saw this in the UBS the last time I was there I decided to pick it up. I'm glad I did.

At first I wasn't sure about Eve's character. It's obvious she's shallow and is used to using her looks to get her what she wants. But I was never turned off by her, I guess because I recognized her actions for what they were - defense mechanisms.

Nash I liked right from the beginning. He was the perfect counterbalance for Eve. He d
Kris Mcconville
Feb 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Cicely
May 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Sara
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A very cute romance about a misfit mob daughter, a monster truck driver, his famous actress of a sister, and various other mysterious and sometimes sinister characters. Where else but in Palm Springs can one find the Boss of Bosses for the California mob, aging actors recovering from plastic surgery, and slightly crazy men of all walks of life vying for a gorgeous woman's attention?
Candie
Mar 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
I always like Christie Ridgway -- her characters are believable even in the most unbelievable situations. there are times when some of the relationships seem too forced, and then there is always the secondary ones that tie up a little too neatly but all in all it was a keeper! I cant wait to read Joey's story!
Betsy
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Characters: Reporter. Monster truck driver.
World Building: Southern California. Continued from previous books.
Plot: Stalkers. What happens with the SEC and FBI investigations?
Sex: Medium.
Read another: Yes.
Sarah Eiseman
Nov 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
Didn't make it very far into this book before I made the decision to put it down. Not my cup of tea...
Melabelles
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Would have rated it higher if not for the ending
Kaytness
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
I have NO IDEA what this stupid title is about. Don't get it.
Sarah Anderson
Jul 16, 2008 rated it liked it
The secondary romance was more forced, but Eve was pretty deep for someone who came off very shallow in the first book. Nash was a little unbelievable. Waiting for Joey's story!
Beth
Sep 17, 2008 rated it liked it
Lagged at the end.
Maura
Sep 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This book didn't leave much of an impression on me. Predictable.
Arianna
Feb 08, 2010
Trixie
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Goodnight and God Bless: On Life, Literature, and a Few Other Things, with Footnotes, Quotes, and Other Such Literary Diversions
  • The Picnic and Suchlike Pandemonium
  • Salaam Brick Lane: A Year in the New East End
  • A Walk in the Night and Other Stories
  • Long Way Home
  • Permanent Rose (Casson Family, #3)
  • Psychosis: Tales of Horror
  • Mirage
  • Guys & Dogs (Guys & Dogs, #1)
  • A Lodging for the Night
  • Plays Pleasant
  • The Princess & the Penis
  • Bad Doctor
  • When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • A Night of No Return (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #1)
  • Close to You (Lost Hearts, #3)
  • I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1)
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)

The Wisegirls (3 books)
  • The Thrill of It All
  • An Offer He Can't Refuse (The Wisegirls, #1)