Start by marking “Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)

Skygods

(Hydraulic #2)

Kaye Trilby and her ex-husband, world-famous author Samuel Cabral, vowed to fight for their rekindled love in rain or shine. They didn’t realize they’d be caught in a deluge so quickly.

A near-fatal skydiving accident shows Kaye how her reckless behavior affects the ones she loves. But while she knows Samuel is afraid to lose her again, she isn’t ready to give up the thrill
ebook, First, 352 pages
Published August 26th 2014 by Omnific Publishing (first published August 25th 2014)

Lucia
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Keeping Samuel with me was like forcing sunlight to stay on my skin. It could burn and burn and burn until my arm was a charred, aching mess. Even so, its brilliance would vanish when the sun sank."

My Kaye and Samuel:

It is a huge talent when author is able to touch her readers with her words in a powerful way. And Sarah Latchaw has it. Skygods is not your ordinary contemporary romance and Kaye's & Samuel's story touched me like no other.

Skygods is utterly beautiful, captivating and realis
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 EMOTIONAL AND HEARTBREAKING STARS

description

This book was perfection! Like the first book I was mesmerized by the writing, the story and the characters! It was so unique and realistic! I thought the first book was so emotional! But wait until you read this one! I'm so emotional after I finished this book! I still can't believe that I finished it. I want more Samuel and Kaye! OMG Sarah what did you do with my feelings? It was so much deeper especially when some new secrets were revealed...

This book begin
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Samuel and Kaye have made great strides in making their relationship work and making it a thing of value. They are making time for each other but it's hard with Samuel on tour...that is, until Samuel comes up with a plan.

I was really optimistic when I started this book. Things were going well with Samuel and Kaye and that should've been a big clue. It was really hard watching things unravel and to wait for Kaye to pick up on those clues. It was like a train wreck waiting to happen.

description

I loved it a
Robin Hill
This is the kind of series that could go on forever and I'd never get tired of reading it. I really hope Latchaw comes through with book 3. Book 2 ends with a HFN, and it's satisfying, but I really, really want more. Really.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

Continuing where Hydraulic Level Five left off, Samuel and Kaye are trying to find out if they can rekindle their friendship with a hope for something more. This book was a lot darker, with the true extent of Sam's lies and demons coming to light.

With their friendship vows fresh on her mind, Kaye has to decide whether her love for Samuel is worth the heartache that comes with his illness.

I'm hoping book 3 will find them in a much happier place.
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Mesmerizing Stars!

Blog Tour, Giveaway, and review is also posted here : http://slitsread.com/2014/08/26/skygo...

I fell in love with Kaye and Samuel on book one, Hydraulin Level Five…. The first book was so delightful, it had me laughing and loving with the characters and the story… Kaye and Samuel’s pranks against each other were hilarious…. But most of all, I kept hoping for them to get back together, despite the fact that Samuel brought his girlfriend to his parents house for his sisters we
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
REVIEW TO COME
(BR with Sharon)

photo de23ef05-c543-46c0-bd9d-0b7aa9ea97ce.jpg

photo 12bdc516-caa8-44cb-8d4d-f8e6f66a79cd.jpg
Mallory
4 symbiotic stars

This book took such a different route than the first. It had different pacing, and it brought forward the answers to so many questions I had brewing in my mind. If I'm honest, it wasn't as spectacular as the first. It didn't have the heart pounding suspense that almost every new page brought. BUT it gave me a new side to Samuel that I greatly appreciated.

Now that Kaye and Samuel have decided to work on building their friendship (and maybe something more) there are a new set of c
Mysza
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
**** 4,5 stars ****
Nikki
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the 1st but still good. Seriously, could have used more sexy times, or sex, or fondling or 1st base, anything? LOL
RB Martin
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I WILL SELL MY LEFT NUT FOR THIS BOOK!
Jennifer Garcia
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, arc, own
The sequel to Hydraulic Level Five began right where the first left off. I have been waiting anxiously for this book to come out, and I was not disappointed at all when I read it. I must say, it was even better than the first. The characters Sarah created were quite relatable and amazing. They were real and easily drag you right into the story.

The flow of the story takes you through so many happy times, confused times, and completely heartbreaking times. It's a ride of a lifetime–the best kind
Saunders
I don't want to put into words what I think of the way this has ended!

2017 - still no sign of release date for conclusion.

2018 - still no sign of book 3?
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I loved the first book in the series and couldn’t wait to get to Skygods to get some answers. The author is an amazing storyteller and writer...her words instantly sucking you in. And while I love Samuel and Kaye I couldn’t help but feel bored with this book. It was interesting to learn and understand why Samuel is the way he is. But the day to day was a bit stale for me and this book lacked the omg, angsty, and feel good love moments I felt in book 1. Would I read more to see where their story ...more
Paula Radell
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It took me all day today - and two times through this wonderful book - to finally sit down and write this detailed review. I honestly don't believe I can do this book justice; all I can say is that I have come to one conclusion: Skygods is one of the most uniquely real love stories I have ever read. If you've ever been married, once, twice, or more...as you read this story it will resonate with you, it will completely captivate you - because it is so "real" in portraying the harsh truth about wh ...more
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Skygods is the second book in the Hydraulic trilogy. I fell in love big time with Samuel and Kaye's story in the first book, Hydraulic Level Five, and couldn't wait to get my hands on this sequel. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. I am completely in love with Samuel and Kaye. If you have not started this series, I highly recommend it.

What I love about this series is the incredibly thoughtful way the build-up, break down, and then repair and renewal of a relationship is handled. Ther
Squallogal
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-book, favorites
I will read anything Sarah Latchaw writes, because why wouldn't you?

This is the follow up to Hydraulic Level 5. A book that transformed me through the narrative, with the growth, struggles, revelations, hopes and achievements of its characters.

This series is more.

The topics are dealt with respect. The love is broken and strong and beautiful and believable.

I cared about these characters. I cared about the importance of each page.

There are stories inside this story and all of them are relevan
Natalie
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Hydraulic Level 5 and Skygods
is by far one of the best and uniquely written second chance romance I ever read. I loved every moment of Sarah Latchaw's brilliant writing and I can't recommend these two books enough!

I first read this story as a fanfic and it quickly became one of my favorites of all time.
Maybe I was a little burnt out when it became time to read it in print. I don't know. But I do know Kaye and Samuel is a couple I will return to many times.

Childhood sweethearts,
Early marriage,
Qu
Sbell
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved the first book in this series, and I really liked this one, I felt this one just fell a little short. I got what I desperately needed in the first book, Samuel and his struggles, and him being more open to Kaye. I got more of feisty, and true, Kaye, but frankly I was just bored through about 1/2 of it. It lacked the anxiety levels that I loved in the first book, and I felt it lacked passion between Samuel and Kaye. Don't get me wrong, I loved the moments they had together, I just felt li ...more
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
Second chance romance junkies will enjoy SKYGODS, the continuation to Kaye and Samuel's story from Hydraulic Level Five. Even though the story veered off in a different and less compelling direction, I still felt invested in the characters and enjoyed the story overall.

In book one, Samuel was immersed into Kaye's world, discovering who she is now seven years after he left their marriage. In Skygods, Kaye gets to experience what Samuel's life is like when she takes on the role of publicist, while
Stacie
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2014
The much anticipated second book in the HYDRAULIC series, SKYGODS is here! Just like in HYDRAULIC LEVEL FIVE where whitewater rafting terms are used, skydiving metaphors are used when discussing Kaye and Samuel's life. Each chapter begins with a skydiving term and then moves into the story within a story. Samuel a best-selling author is trying to write the real story of Samuel and Kaye's relationship. The reader learns the history of Samuel and Kaye's relationship while experiencing the highs an ...more
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copy, 2014
This review is also posted on The Lovely Pages Reviews

5 stars!

The much anticipated sequel of Hydraulic Level Five!

I love those stories that deal with married couples - have been at some point or still are, doesn't matter - and the small cracks in those relationships. No one is perfect and everyday is a struggle for something better than the previous day.

Kaye and Samuel's is unique and lovable and as any other relationship, fragile and vulnerable. What made me love this so much was the characters
Maylin
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, romance
I have been reassessing the way I give ratings - trying to be more realistic - so JSYK this is a genuine reader 5 stars and not a fangirl 5 stars.

I read this when it was fanfic and loved it then. At the time it stood out as something exceptional. Reading it now it is easy to leave it's origins behind as it is so far beyond even the bestseller original.

Beyond the excellent pacing, the sublime writing the perfect plotting this is a very touching story.

It is about love. Not the insta lust of many r
Sarah Hough
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
Skygods hits the ground running and never slows down. It picks up where HL5 ends and we watch the new dynamic develop between Kaye and Samuel. They continue to reexamine the choices they made during their first courtship and marriage and finally confront the last Other together.

Sarah Latchaw has added nuance to some aspects of this story which makes it feel a little bit grittier and more real. As the phrase goes, no one is all good or all bad and Sarah's characters and the situations into which
Karyogini
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-on-2015
Well... I finished it but really... It's all about the secret... Finding out about the secret... Then explosion... Then deal...

If you want to know about the condition, (view spoiler)
Megzy

Loved.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The University of Edward Masen
  • Over the Edge
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • A Political Affair
  • The Dark Scarlett
  • Here in My Heart (Echoes of the Heart, #0.5)
  • Lady: Impossible
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • Ghostwriter
  • The Fall of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #2)
  • Grave Refrain
  • Always
  • Beatless
  • Veiled Target (Veilers, #1)
  • The Weight of Words (Words, #1)
Sarah Latchaw was raised in eastern Iowa and appreciates beauty in mud-splattered gravel roads and fields. She also loves to explore far-away places, thanks to countless family minivan trips across the States. This passion for finding stories led to college adventures in many different countries, and each place’s story rests in the back of her mind and in her photo albums.

Sarah received her BA fro

Hydraulic (3 books)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Fourteeners (Hydraulic, #3)
“A skydiver, arrogant in his ability to navigate the heavens, rejects his fragile state and calls himself a God of the skies.” 0 likes