Start by marking “Daddy Wore Dog Tags” as Want to Read:
Daddy Wore Dog Tags

Daddy Wore Dog Tags

A soldier running from his past and a young woman denying herself a future become caregivers of a beautiful baby girl and find their true destiny as a family. Army Ranger Max Hamilton has returned to Destiny Falls after the sudden death of his brother. Only coming home means more than trying to save the family farm. Coming home means facing the demons he left behind, and a ...more
Published May 22nd 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Wore Dog Tags, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Wore Dog Tags

Sandie Laughner
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say other than I loved this book!!
Two broken hearted strangers connected by one common thread-- a baby girl.
Hunky Max Hamilton takes a leave from his military duties to return home after his brother has a tragic accident. While home, Max finds letters and a photo that had belonged to his brother. Max was an uncle?? And just where were the people in the photo-- a sweet baby and a captivating young lady-- and how soon would they be on his door step to try to take away the farm??

Sweet
Wendy
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
"Daddy Wore Dog Tags" by Barbara Witek which I won through Goodreads Giveaways is a charmingly delightful romance which begins in Destiny Falls where Chelsea Stevens has moved with her niece Bella after her sister's death. Fulfilling her sister's dying wish Chelsea is determined to raise the child close to the Hamilton farm, Bella's late father's home, but when she meets his brother Max for the first time she's met by a rude, obnoxious man who mistakes her for her sister; a woman he considers a ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's Review:
Thank you to Wanderlust Book Tours for reaching out for a promo for this story and then reaching out to the author when I wanted to review it. I was instantly drawn in by the title then after reading the blurb, I knew I wanted to read this book. Boy, am I glad I did! I love the military romances almost as much as I love romance in general. I don't get to read as many military romances as I would like, but when they come in, I pounce. Since this is a short romance, it will be diffi
Lydia
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I had the privilege of winning this book via Goodreads Giveaways! Firt, I'd like to thank the author for allowing me to read this amazing short novel. I was actually quite impressed right off the bat of how quickly we are thrown into the story of these two strangers who must deal with the loss of their loved ones as they simultaneously care for a child that was left an orphan when her parents tragically passed.

I was actually surprised at how well the story was written, since I'd never heard of t
SOS Aloha
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. - Douglas MacArthur

Witek crafts a heartwarming story of two strangers working together to parent the baby left to their guardianship. Max Hamilton left the Army to preserve his family's land after his brother's death, not realizing that his brother also fathered a daughter. He is suspicious of Chelsea Stevens when she arrives on his doorstep with his niece, concerned that
Darlene Cruz
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, wonderful story! Three lives connects, Chelsa fulfilling a sister's wish and Max msut return to a farm after his brother's tragic accident and the third, the person who will connect them all, ahh.... little Bella. Clash of personalities, tempers flares, misunderstanding and trepidation. Now what do they do? Little Bella lost both parents. After things settle down and all the distrust disappears will they be able to focus on Bella? Will Chelsa and Max find what they both need and lack? ...more
Tammy Sparks
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a sweet, touching story. I was drawn in and completely consumed the moment I started reading it.

Max Hamilton found himself having to take an extended military leave when his brother is killed. Not only was he trying to deal with that lost, but he was also the one who needed to save the family farm.

Chelsea made a promise to her dying sister, she would raise her daughter and would make sure she was introduced to her daddy's family.

When Chelsea shows up at Max's house , something fl
Becca Sellers
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't give very many five star ratings but this one definitely deserves it!

When her sister dies, veterinarian Chelsea Stevens fulfills her sister's last wish...she brings her baby niece to Destiny Falls in order to connect with the baby's father's family.

Max Hamilton has seen some bad things during his time as an Army Ranger, but nothing has him prepared for trying to save the failing family farm and to top it off some woman brings his baby niece into the picture.

Read this story to find out
Debbie
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book for free on Goodreads First Reads for an honest review. This is the first book I have read by this author, Barbara Witek and it will not be the last. When her sister dies, Chelsea Stevens fulfills her sister's last wish and brings her baby niece, Bella to Destiny Falls in order to connect with the baby's father's family. Max Hamilton is on leave from the Army and returned to the family farm after the accidental death of his brother Nate. This story has it all, a crabby bachelor, ...more
Melonie Kydd
This book was such a wonderful read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.. It had such a realistic and easy to follow story line as well as the characters were relate-able and their stories and struggles made you feel connected to their lives.
I would recommend this book for everyone - as it is a very touching and endearing story about families who have suffered loss and are trying to rebuild their lives.
Jenny
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! A captivating story that keeps you turning the pages. I had trouble putting this book down. I hope to read more from the author, Barbara Witek.
Stacie Marquart
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. It is well worth your time to read. .
Marian Tustison O'Connor
Loved it so much!
Cristie Alleman
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a Great Read.. The Story drew me in from the beginning. It was hard to put down.. It is a heartwarming story I'm sure everyone will love..
Patricia Levack
Shannon
Jan 23, 2016
Cheryl
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wonderful book. couldn't put it down once I started reading. finished in less than 24 hours.
Barbara Witek
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Blanc
Jennifer beck
Teri Henry
John Wheeles
May 30, 2014
Barbara Witek lives in New York with her husband, three children and a loveable labrador who thinks he's the fourth child! There is never a dull moment in their busy household. Being surrounded by love and family is all Barbara needs to produce her touching, emotional and heartfelt romances. She is a firm believer in love at first sight and finding lost loves.

Barbara will never turn away from a gl