Start by marking “Who We Were” as Want to Read:
Who We Were

Who We Were

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Summer school meant I could wipe the slate clean. I could become Sadie Peters, popular and outgoing, instead of the shy nobody only my best friend loved. My intentions were pure.
I thought I could handle the transition to Alcott High, become someone else, all while keeping my integrity intact.
But I was wrong.
Those four weeks taught me things about people I never knew pos
Published September 15th 2014 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Who We Were, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who We Were

savannah
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Please tell me there's going to be a book 2?!?

Probably the best contemporary book I have read this year. What I look for in books is: good character development and description. And Christy gave that to me perfectly. To be honest I was always Team Nolan from the beginning. The chemistry they had was perfect and I loved the plot twist in the end. If you're looking for a good summer read but you want to read it in the fall then pick this book! It is a very fast-paced read and will leave you wantin
Sportochick
This thought-provoking book is a unique story about surviving high school relationships, illness, hope, redemption, forgiveness and love.

I can’t say enough about how much this book impacted me. It was so good that I am still thinking about the story line and how well the author presented touchy subjects that a large majority of us experienced and cried over during high school and/or college.

As you read this book you will see a part of you in it and you will really admire how Sadie deals with foo
Jennifer Treviño
Sloat has won me over AGAIN!, September 11, 2014
I first became a fan of Sloat's writing while reading her paranormal series, The Visitors series. I quickly realized she had a major talent for blending fear, mystery, & romance. From there I read several of her other works available as well. When I heard she had a contemporary romance coming out I was not sure what to expect seeing as this lady knows how to scare the pants off of me with her ghost story telling skills. BUT here I am shouting l
Melissa Berbrich
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. Sadie is so strong even though she is very shy and keeps to herself. She goes to summer school at a different school and he whole world changes. She meets new people some good like Nolan and some not so good like Oliver. I love the romantic parts of this story. It also shows that u should be urself at all times. I wish I could find myself a Nolan.
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I expected! This book is amazing! This is no story, this is a life changing experience. I beautiful, funny, sad and happy story we all can relate to in one way or another. And has the most amazing book boyfriend of all time! :D Sadie makes a choice on who she wants to be, and that choice sets her life in motion. A must read!
AG Roberson
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of how Christy can write a story that speaks to my heart. Sadie is a girl who embodies the very meaning of endurance. From wanting to rescue what's left of a friendship to falling for someone who may disappear like the lazy summer days. It's a story of empowerment, self direction, and love in every way possible. A must read... get your tissues ready, you're going to need them.
Ann-marie
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Who We Were” is such a wonderful, heartfelt book, and a breath of fresh air. I finished it within 24 hours and really wish there was a second book (please tell me there will be?). I liked Sadie from the beginning because she is like a lot of kids her age- just trying to find her place in the world and fit in. She is taking summer classes at another school in her town, and decides this is the time for her to reinvent herself, not be the shy, quiet girl she is at her school. She meets Kyleigh, an ...more
Breanna Eichhorn
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Sadie gets the chance at a clean slate. She is going to summer school at Alcott High, she is taking courses that are required for senior year now so that she would be able to have half day sessions. Then she will be taking creative writing courses at the local college preparing her for a university and hopefully an internship at a publishing firm. On the first day she met Nash Rylan and she was very surprised that he even talked to her. Nash has her sit with him at lunch and wants to take her t
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
In Who We Were by Christy Sloat, Sadie Peters is going to summer school at a different school than her own in order to gain some extra credit so she can have shorter days next year. She never intended to gain more friends or start falling for one of the very popular Rylan brothers. And she definitely didn’t expect to grow distant from her best friend, Lily. How can so much change in such a short amount of time? While some changes can be good, Sadie is having trouble dealing with others.

What a pl
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of following Christy Sloat’s writing career and it astonishes me how much she has grown as writer. Who We Were speaks volumes to that statement.

Who We Were is a story that everyone can relate to no matter if you are 15 or 45. It is so easy to put yourself into Sadie Peter’s shoes and immerse yourself in her life. High School is tough. Your world is changing. You are growing up and expanding your horizon. Sometimes this journey leads you to new people and experiences as yo
Abbey
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
Sadie is an amazing main character. She starts off not sure where she belongs but the summer school was really nothing more than credits. She wants a fresh new start and maybe something more. She goes to a new school and meets new people. But what if the people you meet are not the people that you thought they were? What if you fell in love with the wrong boy .?
Friendship will be tested and emotions will be on the line.

However theres alway light after the storm.

I loved this book I enjoyed the wa
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014
This is only the second book I have read by Christy and I loved it.

Whilst I dont fit the demograph of a Young Adult *cough* Im in my 30s *cough*, I still love to read books in this grene.

Who we were is a great coming of age story. Christy does a great job with her characters who are instantly relatable and likeable at the same time and also well developed.
This story is about Sadie surviving her summer classes whilst falling in love - with the wrong guy then finding the right one. It also covers
Jennifer Moody
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i received this book for my honest review.

I loved this book, it was really good! The main characters were so life like and relatable it was uncanny. I started thinking to myself of people in high school i knew that matched the characters in this book. Sadie, Nolan, Kyleigh, Lilly are all in high school and all with defferent styles. During the entire book I was feeling bad for Sadie. She had this supposedly best friend who basically dumps Sadie for a boy! What kind of friend does that? Not to me
Bex 'n' Books
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Bex
Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

Who We Were is a lovely coming-of-age story. There's a great mix of angst, humour, drama and sweet romance. As a result, this book was highly readable and enjoyable.

The characters were well developed and three-dimensional. This made following their journey a pleasure. The main character Sadie is a likable character, one who I was keen to see grow and develop into the youn
Peggy
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~~RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW~~~

An amazing book! Christy Sloat took a a thought and made it into a story of real life. Of what it's like to love and lose and love again. How to over come life trials. How to be strong and stand together. I can't really explain just what reading this book did, but it sure as heck had me crying and screaming at certain times. Times to where I wanted to shake the living day light out of someone and other times where I needed a box of tissue. This is one heck of a we
Sarah Vela
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this might be Christy Sloat's best book yet. It took me a little longer than what it should have to finish this book, but that's on me, but I couldn't wait to get back to it each time. I felt that connection with Sadie pretty much instantly in the book. I felt that I could relate to her when I was back in high school so that made me like her a little bit more. I feel that it's a book everyone could enjoy and should add it to their reading.

Robin
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this book was well written, it takes you into a Sadie, Nolan, and Noah's life and their decisions. It is an emotional book,with some underlying themes that so many people can relate to. Many who read this will be taken through the ringer in a good way. You will feel emotions you haven't felt since high school. You will remember what life is all about and really question in your own mind everything you thought and felt as a teenager. Loved this book the themes and the way the author leaves y ...more
Inger Iversen
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is really great! I could totally relate to Sadie and her struggles with finding herself at a time when you are young and there are so many changes happening around you. High school is a pivotal point in a teen girl's life. Christy's writing is flawless and clean and flowed so well. Her characters are vibrant and relatable. This is an all around great read that I'd recommend to any reader.
Rachel Unsworth
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well I started this book with the intention to read a couple of chapters before I went to sleep.... 6.45am I finished it! I really enjoyed it and it left me feeling very happy, knackered but happy!
It's a coming of age, feel good type book where the main character deals with the struggle of being a teenager, high school and boys! You should defo give it a read if you want to be happy and entertained! It's well written and thoroughly enjoyable!
Lee
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great coming of age story. I found the characters and situations very relatable. It took me back to my high school years when my best friends were found not in my school but out of my school. My favorite character was Nolan, he was a wonderful mystery to unravel. All in all this was a good read that pulled you in. I found it hard to put down. I also loved Kyleigh, she reminded me of my best friend in high school.
Renee at Book Happiness
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review. Who we were is a wonderful coming of age story. This is a story that will stay with long after you are done reading it. I thought the story was good because there is a nice mixture of emotions and romance to go around. This is one book that you want to keep tissues handy. The story was done so nicely and such an enjoyable read. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review!!!

GTR33GURL
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but I was getting a feeling I've read it before I was thinking it might be a rerelease but I can't confirm this just that the plot and characters I felt like I had read before I loved Nolan he was an awesome hero and sadie was a sweet heroine it's a basic love story no angst as such but a lovely HEA
SB Morales
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was such a wonderful story. It was thought provoking and so well written. I became invested in these characters almost immediately and truly cared what happened to them. This is the first book I've read from Sloat, but I can't wait to read more. This is a wonderful story that anyone can easily relate to.
Starla
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
A lovely story. I was so attached to Sadie from the beginning and felt all her emotions with changes in her life. I adored Nolan, he is such an amazing character. This was a fun story to read and enjoy. I plan on reading many more of Christy Sloat's books. I really enjoy her writing.
Jennifer Hall
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book.

I always say it is a great book when you can’t put it down. Looking forward to reading more by this author.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

This book was a sweat, romantic, horrifying, sad, and down right incredible story, but that is how real life is, especially for teenage girls. This story had all the feelers in it and is a tissue box worthy read. The characters were phenomenal and easy to connected with. The story-line fits right in with the life and times of a teenage girl with all her ups and downs and heartaches with a few added extras to it, but it seemed to make
K.M. Robinson
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think it would be possible to love one of Ms. Sloat’s books more than I loved Slumber, but I must say, I think I’ve found the one to top it. Perhaps because it’s so relatable. We all have wanted to reinvent ourselves. We’ve all found out we had friends who weren’t who we thought they were. We’ve all had friends make decisions that worry us. We’ve all had crushes on guys who turn out to be less than good and had people we didn’t expect to like in that way turn into something more than we ...more
Jessica
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I thought it was a wonderful page-turning read. I finally got to read it the other day because I’ve been busy and Christy herself sent it to me awhile ago. I am going to give an honest review though so here it is. The Info to buy the book via e-book or Paperback will be at the end of the review and IT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I thought Sadie the main character in the book was the total opposite of me. I wouldn’t have stood up for myself like she did with both her best friend b
Queenielyn
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, blog-tour
I've enjoyed how Who We Were is truly unique and original. It's unlike any YA contemporary novel I've read! Different, in a way that its contents are far more intriguing especially with characters that are pretty mysterious. Readers will definitely be on the edge of their seat! I couldn't recommend this book enough. It's simple and concise narrative of the protagonist is so engaging, it has to be read without any hesitation.

The situations are well-thought out and was handled very logically. I wa
Theresa Needham fehse
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogspot.com

“Who we were had washed away with the summer. Who we are was yet to be seen.”
Summer school at Alcott High was only supposed to gain Sadie Peters extra credit, nothing more. Her goal wasn’t to make friends, or gain the attention of the most popular football player, yet she managed both. Her life was cruising along on course … until that summer.
Could a simple stint in a different school change her identity completely and introduce her to l
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Golden
  • Timeless (Immortal Love, #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • Fire Storm (S.P.I.R.I.T., #1)
  • Your Exception
  • My First, My Last
  • By My Side
  • Diary of a One-Night Stand
  • Winter Sparrow
  • The Singing River (Legend #1)
  • Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition
  • Knotted Roots (Knotted Roots, #1)
  • Flash
  • Three Days of Rain
  • Finding Hope (Pool of Souls, #2)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • Landslide
Christy Sloat resides in New Jersey with her husband, two daughters and her Chihuahua, Sophie. Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother's loving support. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. She is the Best Selling author of ten novels including; The Visitors Series, The Past ...more