Start by marking “Charmed I'm Sure (Halloween LaVeau, #4)” as Want to Read:
Charmed I'm Sure (Halloween LaVeau, #4)

Charmed I'm Sure (Halloween LaVeau #4)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  455 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Hold on to your broom, Halloween is back!

Halloween LaVeau never intended on being the leader of the Underworld. Now the job is all hers. But that doesn’t mean other witches aren’t trying every trick in the book to take that title away from Hallie.

The Underworld Board has sent investigator Charlie Scott to look into all the mishaps Hallie has encountered since becoming the
Published August 2014

To ask other readers questions about Charmed I'm Sure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed I'm Sure

Margaret Hasemann
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charmed? Or is it Cursed?

Once again the bad guys are after the Book of Mystics, but Hallie has to fend for hreself in this one while everyone else lends moral support. Just as Hallie gets a bit more confidence in her own use of magic, suddenly everyone else starts loosing their's. Add in angry vampires who say witches are casting spells on them, and a hostile board inspector, and everything is just as peachy as pie for the new Underworld leader. Halloween LaVeau isn't having one of "those days",
Erth
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just adored this whole series. Book 4 was just as good as the others. I wish the author would have left out a lot of the "catch up" information for readers who had not read the other 3 books. It got a bit annoying but wasn't quite as bad as book three therefore, i gave another 5 stars like books 1 & 2.

It was so nice reading a book about witches, vampires, demons, magic and paranormal things, without tons of blood and gore. The touch of romance was even greater.

I recommend this series to
Lucy King
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: witches, read-english
This story was weak. It was still fun to hang around with Hallie and her friends but the "crime" part was just dull. Hallie drove me crazy sometimes with her investigator skills and her actions. Many times I wanted to slap her to ask better questions if she wants to find out something. The whole plot was weak, it could be so much better with different twists. But as always, I am on a rollercoaster with this serie, I love one book than hate the next one, than love another one and get bored with t ...more
John Presler
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What would happen if you are the Leader of the Underworld and someone shows up on your doorstep saying that they have been sent by the Underworld Board Members and that you are under investigation?

The agent tells the Leader of the Underworld that the board is not convinced of her competency for the job.

When this happened to Halloween LaVeau, Hallie to her friends, she decides to take action. Hallie wants to know why she is under investigation.

Then several vampires show up on Hallie’s doorstep
Karen Kepner
Halloween again

Again an interesting entertaining read. This time Halloween’s lack of self confidence starts to wear a little thin. And again, Good triumphs over evil. I will try one more book in this series.
Nancy
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming

Another fun book from this writer. I enjoyed the characters and the plot was interesting as well. It was a good read.
Jennifer Taylor Johnson
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal mystery & romance lovers
This series keeps me guessing till the end. Can't stop reading.
Johanna
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny

Very fun read. I enjoy the characters. It has a little mystery and a bunch of trouble rolled into one.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Once again poor Hallie has to deal with strange people popping into her life. Let it be this mysterious Charlie Scott and the vampires that seem to be hell bent on trying to get Hallie to see that the witches of Enchantment Pointe are using magic against them.

Also what is up with Uncle Fitz. That dude is just all about making Hallie’s life miserable with him just popping around town trying to help her.

All I gotta say is that Rose Pressey has made another book that will make you not want to put t
Beth Santucci
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the fourth book of the Halloween LaVeau series, Halloween welcomes another house guest who is actually a paranormal guest. Charlie is her name and she supposedly is looking into Hallie for the misuse of her magic and spells going horribly wrong. Hallie believes her since her magic and spell casting has gone wonky before but still is suspicious. When the vampires start blaming her for spells being cast on them and threaten to hurt her and the local witches, Hallie’s focus switches to the safet ...more
Njabulo Ndhlovu
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book too. The only issue I have is that I find that some of the information repetitive, especially when we've already dealt with it in the first 2 books. For example, mentioning how Nicolas and Liam had bad blood, then they made up, and how Hallie keeps getting surprised by that... In the next book I would like to see more of their relationship developing and for the story to not be progressing so slowly, in terms of the time line. The story seems to be developing over a we ...more
Donna
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halloween and the gang are back with a new danger lurking. Her uncle is visiting and she has to "babysit" him while trying to find out what happened to the missing investigator that the council sent. Once again, strange things are happening and it is up to her as the leader to fix it all. Being the leader of the underworld sure has its ups and downs. Why is it everyone wants to be the leader? Oh that's right...they are power hungry.

I love this series and how many ways these power hungry witches
She is Fond of Books
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I have loved this series so far! My only complaint about the book is repeating information from previous books. I've heard 4 times now about how her mother is missing one of her eyebrows from a mishap from Hallie. I cringe when I read it over and over because I just want to get to the good parts of the book.
I love Hallie's character. She is a take charge kind of girl and I love that! She could easily give up the book of mystics and go back to having a normal life, but she fights for it because
Dora
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charmed, I'm Sure

Rose Pressey has scored another hit with this newest adventure of Halloween Laveau. Halloween meets an uncle from her father's side of the family and finds that she is under investigation by the witches' council, or is she? There are many twists and turns in this paranormal mystery.

One thing that I truly would like to know is: are books edited any more? This book had so many errors in grammar and also in continuity that it took away some of my reading enjoyment. In one particula
Jan Niblock
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rose-pressey
Halloween certainly has her work cut out for her as the Leader of the Underworld. She not only has to figure out exactly what a Leader does but who are the important people she should know. When her Uncle from her father’s side of the family shows up to liven things up, she ends up in a mystery once again. What is really happening in Enchantment Pointe and who is causing it? Exactly who is Uncle Fitz and how is he ready getting around? All good questions and some of the answers are still not kno ...more
Sue Ross
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rose Pressey never fails to bring on the chills and excitement in her books. This time Halloween has to face not only an uncle she hardly knew, but people who aren't who they seem to be, a few kidnappings and of course some dark magic. This one kept me guessing and by the end of the book, my toes were curled with excitement. What a great job Rose does adding thrills and chills to her books. Can't wait for the next one to come out.
Lynda
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this series and this book was no different. Halloween is so lucky to have the people she has around her to help keep her safe since everyone wants to kill her for the "BOOK". I hope that Rose keeps this series going, so that we can enjoy Enchantment Pointe for a very long time!
Mary Virginia
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halloween is a charmer

Halloween is a charmer

Contrary to Rose's usual style, this book seemed disjointed and the sentences choppy. But, the warm nature of the characters pulled through and it was still a fun read.
Sherry Vitaniemi
Be ready

Be ready when you start reading this book. It is a beginning to a series. I didn't realize until i was half way through the book.
Tiffany Arroyo
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Hallie

Awesome book. Great plot line. Hoping/Waiting for another in the series. Love Rose Pressey books. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get my next fix.
Mary Ellen Fink
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
another great halloween laveau book! I love this series!
Karen
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute and Quirky. Well written with well developed characters.
Charlene Davis
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cozy cozy

A cute cozy mystery. I like these books. Great characters, catch the bad guy and have some romance. Its nice to read a book that makes you feel good
Dianne Peterson
Just Okay

This book just didn't seem as good as the previous books in this series, but it has been awhile since I read those. The story and dialog didn't flow for me.
Jennifer Strand-culler
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full of everything I love, humor, love, Adventure and paranormal
Deedee
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Author makes to many errors!
M
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not very impressed with the last book. I doubt I will be reading any more in this series.
Amy Etkie
Dec 13, 2014
Natalie
Jan 06, 2018
  • Broken Heart Tails (Broken Heart, #10)
  • How [Not] to Kiss a Gargoyle (Cindy Eller, #5)
  • Mermaid Mayhem (The Demon Isle Witches, #3)
  • The Scent (Bryn and Sinjin #2)
  • A Witch in Time (Magic and Mayhem, #3)
  • Hotel Hex (Hex, #4.5)
  • It's A Vampire Thing (Vampire Thing, #1)
  • A Wild Ghost Chase (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3.5)
  • A Charming Cure (Magical Cures Mystery, #2)
  • Dreams and Echoes
  • Deadly Intentions (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #5)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey

Halloween LaVeau (9 books)
  • Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1)
  • Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2)
  • Third Time's a Charm (Halloween LaVeau, #3)
  • A Charmed Life (Halloween LaVeau #5)
  • Charmed Ever After (Halloween LaVeau #6)
  • Once Upon a Charmed Time (Halloween LaVeau #7)
  • Charmed to Death (Halloween LaVeau #8)
  • A Charmed Cauldron: A Witch Cozy Mystery (The Halloween LaVeau Series Book 9)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pigeon English
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)