Start by marking “On My Knees” as Want to Read:
On My Knees

On My Knees

(Bridge #1)

Haunted by the responsibility of caring for her troubled family, Maya Jacobs gave the only answer she could when Cameron asked her to marry him. Years later, entrenched in a soulless professional routine, she distracts herself from the lingering regret of her decision with a “work hard, play hard” lifestyle that guarantees no man will ever find his way into her heart ...more
Published March 17th 2014 by Waterhouse Press LLC (first published March 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about On My Knees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On My Knees

Start your review of On My Knees
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Exhausting--Stars!!!

Mentally. Emotionally. Exhausting.

Maya, Maya, Maya....

Lord help me, I wanted to strangle you.

On My Knees was a heavier, slower-paced read. It was very well-written. I just got a bit frustrated throughout the book.

The story begins with Maya and Cameron in college. Cameron is home on leave from the military and is spending the Spring Break week with Maya. It's evident that they are very much in love with each other. But when Cameron "proposes" to Maya, Maya says

In all
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li2 xB by sb_zpsl0xc85hf.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (8/29/2017)

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/My-Knees-Bridg...
BLURB:
Haunted by the responsibility of caring for her troubled family, Maya Jacobs gave the only answer she could when Cameron asked her to marry him. Years later, entrenched in a soulless professional routine, she distracts herself from the lingering regret of her decision with a “work hard, play hard” lifestyle that guarantees no man will ever find his way into her heart again.

Cameron
Erin McFarland
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read Meredith Wild's Hacker Series, be prepared...this is NOT the Hacker series. Cameron and Maya's story is sad, heartbreaking, frustrating and a reunion that you aren't quite sure is ever going to happen.
After turning down Cameron's proposal, Maya lost herself. She drank hard and partied harder. She didn't get attached to anything other than the drink in her hand and that suited her just fine. You get the sense she is operating on auto-pilot and isn't really living. You just want to
DKristin
4.5 Stars

This is my third Meredith Wild read and my first bump up to 5 stars for her. I absolutely love Meredith's writing style and how she draws you in and really makes you feel for the characters. Even when they are doing things, or making choices that make you want to shake the crap out of them, you get it!!!

This was no different. I absolutely loved watching Maya grow and learn who she was and what she wanted out of life. Cam was delicious, and strong, and delightful.

The story is about a
Bookish Penguin
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a bad book. It was geniuely bad. Not joking.
Yes the first 130 pages were nice because you just get into the story and are still getting to know the characters but my god the further I read the worse it got.

Our female protagonist Maya is talking about how much she needs a drink all the time. In the same sentence it's always how much her life sucks just as her job and everything else. She hates literally everything and ShE CaNt LeT AnYoNe LoVe HeR.
Yeah well I guess nobody even wants to love
Anna
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised by how invested in This story !

This was a beautiful book on second chances which I am a sucker for. I loved the chemistry and it was a perfect bled of sexy and sweet to satisfy any romance reader. There were plenty of obstacles and wrenches thrown into their path but I really enjoyed Cameron and Maya's journey back to each other. Where they belong. I'm openly sighing now. I love sexy sweet
Delanea
I had the great pleasure to preview a copy of On My Knees. It will be released in two weeks time, at which point I will buy the official copy. My review is based on the beta.

The prologue in its entirety is available online at www.meredithwild.com. Please read it to get a taste of what is to come.

I don't want to give any spoilers or ruin the experience for anyone. I really enjoyed how Meredith formatted this book. We get both Maya's and Cameron's point of view.

There have been a number of books
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Audible Review I loved the duel narration. Both narrators did a good job. Im pretty picky about audible vs reading a book for the first time and I would recommend the audible version.

Story Review I liked everything about this book except the heroine. This is a case of too much pushing away. I think Cam proved himself enough. Instead of talking out her fears, she kept him at arms length and yet kept him reeled in enough to keep trying. It just gets to a point of frustration for a reader to not
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I am going to say two things right now about this review: it will be long in its praises, and will not do this phenomenal book as much justice as it deserves. (I am being honest. My words just aren't as good.)

Are you ready to hit the ground running? Lace up your shoes and be prepared to run, because once you start this book, you won't be able to put it down until the very last page. It's going to suck you in, but you will be oh so glad it did. I had the incredible opportunity to read On My Knees
Michelle
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

4 CAMERON Stars

OnMyKnees_1

On My Knees by Meredith Wild is a slow paced emotional journey of second chances and love. This book focuses on Cameron and Maya reconnecting after five years of separation. During the past five years, Maya was left broken and an empty shell of her former self. Her spirit and heart was broken when she turned down Cameron’s proposal. Now, five years later, Maya and Cameron are reunited in New York. After so many years,
Nicole Ballard
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meredith Wild has done it again!

This is not your normal rich billionaire mogul love story. This is the story of possibility and how powerful undying love can really be; this is about Maya and Cam, their love, their love lost and the possibility of their love rekindling.

5 years after saying 'no', several deployments later, the stresses of working on wall street and the alcohol abuse the heartbreak was still present for both Cam and Maya.

When Maya Jacobs isn't working her daily 9-5 job on Wall
Glen
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book as part of a goodreads drawing.

A romance novel, where Girl leaves Boy, goes to New York, and lives a Sex In The City lifestyle, while Boy joins the military.

Years later they meet again...We all know where this is going.

Not bad if you're into this sort of thing.
Julie Hurley
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG....you will need a box of tissues with this book....I felt like i was having every emotion that the characters were having... This is a must read book..if i could give it more than 5 stars i would....
Tianna
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For this book I’m liking…
Waiting Game by Banks
description
Why this song, you ask. Well let me tell you… because this entire damn book is a waiting game!

Is happiness going to ensue? No… fine then.

Okay, how about now? No? …Seriously?

Now? Still Nada.

Now?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO! GOD DAMNIT! My life is black abyss.

description (<—- I mean this in the best way possible.)

Anyways, other than that I love the vibe. Love the sexy, almost suspenseful bass that leaves you on the edge of your seat. Like your waiting for
Luzie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
I was honestly hoping for a little more action from this book! The beginning was fine, and the story did sound promising, therefore I'd hoped that the unraveling mystery and reason why the whole split at the beginning happened, would end in a reasonable and emotional conclusion. Which was not the case, I felt like the main character, Maya, just pushed the love interest, Cameron, around and that kind of made me view her in an unpleasant way. At the end of the
Linda Caselle
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!!!! Once again Meredith Wild has knocked it out of the park with this new book series :)

From the first chapter you get sucked into Cameron and Maya's story.

I love the way Meredith developed each character and their back story, it kept me wanting to read more and not put the book down. The interaction between Cameron and Maya was so well written, I loved how we read Cameron's take on things as well, it gave more depth and understanding to the story. Especially since men are way more
Krista
Jul 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, dnf
DNF

I'm sorry. I just can't put myself through this anymore. It sucks too, because I LOVED Meredith Wild's Hacker Series. I thought the Bridge Series was a sure thing. And, I will preface this review by saying that I still love Meredith Wild's writing. I may even try the second book in this series someday. Because, my problem wasn't with the author or the words on the page.

I have nothing against the three Bridge siblings. Truly. Cameron was amazing. Sure, he might have royally screwed up with
Michelle Kizer
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't even express how much I loved this story! That being said, this was definitely not a beach read. This was a turn off the phone, lock the doors, climb inside and don't come out until you've finished the journey kind of story. It could be heavy at times, and heartbreaking, but was so real and so honest I couldn't put it down! I love that we finally have a sexy hero who is an everyman...while the billionaire playboys are fun to read, I really believed that I could go out and walk down the ...more
Kissandtellreviews
I fell in love with Meredith Wild's writing through her Hacker Series, and she hooked me again with On My Knees!

I was completely captivated by their story before the prologue was even over. I just knew I would need plenty of tissues handy and I was right. The way Meredith sucks you in immediately is amazing. My heart was broken before the book even began and very, very slowly, she put it back together through a beautiful second chance love story.

Cameron might possibly be the most patient and
Jacquelyn Marker
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 well-earned stars to Meredith Wild. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Maya is complicated and embodies every woman with imperfections that are truly just that, imperfections. She may wallow a bit too much in self-pity for my taste, but that only makes her character more relatable.

Cameron on the other hand, seems to be a bit too perfect. But so what? It certainly doesn't diminish the story.

If I had one recommendation to raise this from a four-star to a five-star, it would be to have a more
Belinda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I NEVER start a book and DNF it. I always push through but this year I told myself that if it is that bad to just stop it. This is one of those books.

Maya is an unlikeable character who is self-absorbed and self-pitying. Looking at the synopsis it says she is in a "soulless job" but what it should have said is that she is soulless and a shell of a person. No personality and no energy for life. She doesn't have a "work hard, play hard" lifestyle. She doesn't 'play hard' she gets drunk and proves
J.E. Benoit
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Someone could drag me to hell, and I’d crawl back to you, Maya, for a chance to make right everything that was ever wrong between us. Even I can’t tell you what’s happening with us. I’ve never felt this way. But believe me when I tell you I’m not going anywhere. I swear to you.”

College sweethearts, Maya Jacobs and Cameron Bridge seemingly had it all: love, passion and a promising future. Until one day when Cameron visits while on leave from basic training and hastily asks Maya to marry him.
Nicole
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have come to love the way Wild makes me feel. I'm mean seriously she makes me pissed, happy, sad, and just plain ole emotional. It's great. I read to escape my hectic crazy life, and to escape to something so….beautiful it's beyond heartwarming.

I love how Wild doesn't do the romance where it's well just plain cookie cutter I guess you can say. You know the kind where boy meets girl and they fall in love and live happily ever after. NO! Yes, there is a boy and a girl…but it's not all perfect.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.25 stars. This was an okay read me for me. It had potential to be more, but I was a bit disappointed. This is Maya and Cameron's story. Five years ago, Cameron, on leave from the military, proposed to his girlfriend Maya and she refused. She still had a year left in college and was taking care of her alcoholic mother. She very much loved Cameron, but she wasn't ready to get married. So, in his hurt from her refusal, he broke up with her, returned to the military and eventually war, refusing to ...more
Lorie
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!!!

On My Knees is a heartfelt story about love and second chances. It will draw you in from page one and not let go until the very end.

I know what you’re thinking based on the blurb… boy and girl meet up again after 5 years, there’s a bunch of I-miss-you’s and I-love-you’s thrown around, and happily ever after right??? Nope, not that simple. And, THAT is exactly what makes this story so wonderful. It’s not simple, and it’s not light.

Maya and Cam realize five years is a long time, it
Tanya
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Ann
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meredith Wild did it again!! I started the novel with the prologue and it was totally hot! By the time I was done with Chapter one I was completely hooked.
Maya is a loyal love bird at heart, but when life turns upside down her demeanor changes. She drinks just to black out and forget the world. The life she lives is Strong, Confident, Sexy, and Naive, but when love returns she starts to question everything. Only time will tell if she opens up for her happy ever after.
Cameron is a stiff,
Krystin Sanchez
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meredith Wild has done it again!!! She blew me away with The Hacker Series and then right off the bat, within the first few pages, it gets all hot and steamy between Cam and Maya. Maya and Cameron had a love like no other or so they thought....

Five years later, Both Cam and Maya become two different people, they don't see each other, or even speak. Maya becomes a heavy drinker and a dark bitter person. After running into each other Cameron decides he is going to do everything it takes to see if
Jordan
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you loved the Hacker series you will love this! IMO it is a different feel than the Hacker series and yet just as gritty, sultry and sassy.

Maya and Cameron took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions throughout the book. Since it is told from both point of views, you know the insights and intricacies of the characters actions and emotions. It truly pulls at the heartstrings of anyone who has ever experienced young love and the heartbreak associated with it.

LOVED IT.
Heather Hess
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance stories and this one was exciting and sweet.
Todd Kuslikis's Feel Good Knees For Swiftly Pain Relief 1 1 May 11, 2019 04:32AM
Excitement 2 18 Mar 08, 2014 11:42AM

• Truth We Bear (Pieces of Me, #2)
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Reunited: A Novella
  • Per una notte o per sempre
  • Misadventures with My Roommate (Misadventures, #9)
  • Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)
  • Misadventures with a Super Hero (Misadventures)
  • Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures, #2)
  • Bolt #1 (Bolt Saga #1)
  • Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures, #13)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Misadventures in a Threesome
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Timeless
  • Misadventures with a Rock Star (Misadventures, #12)
  • Misadventures at City Hall
  • Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
Meredith Wild is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. After publishing her debut novel Hardwired in September 2013, Wild used her ten years of experience as a tech entrepreneur to push the boundaries of her “self-published” status, becoming stocked in brick-and-mortar bookstore chains nationwide and forging relationships with the major retailers.

In 2014, Wild

Bridge (3 books)
  • Into the Fire (Bridge, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Bridge, #3)
“You’re what I want. You’re everything to me. The good, the bad, and every moment in between. Everything we’ve been through has made us who we are, and I wouldn’t change a minute of it because I love you so much right now it hurts.” 9 likes
“ you don't have to say it, but I see it I your eyes. In fleeting moments before you try to pretend you don't feel it, I see it. ” 5 likes