Start by marking “Five Days: Which Days Would You Choose?” as Want to Read:
Five Days: Which Days Would You Choose?

Read Excerpt

Five Days: Which Days Would You Choose?

After a particularly frustrating day at work, high school math teacher, Mike Postman's afternoon walk along the Connecticut shoreline is interrupted by the screams of a boy who has fallen in off the pier and can't swim. Mike dives into the cold waters, saving the boy, but drowning himself in the process. And yet, because of the heroic way he died, he is given the opportuni ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Micropulous Press (first published January 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Five Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Days

Miranda Reads

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway!

This one was a pretty quick read with a rather interesting premise. We follow Mike - a young(ish) school teacher - who, on his way home, discovers a young kid drowning. Immediately Mike jumps in and rescues the child only...to find himself whisked away from this earth entirely.

He's immediately told that he tried (and succeeded) to drown himself but they (Gabriel/heaven) were willing to cut him a deal.

He would get to relive five days of his life
Megan Overholser
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book in exchange for a review of it. I enjoyed this story. It was interesting and thought provoking. I am fairly certain that if this were to happen in real life, it wouldn't have ended so happily. I'm glad it ended how it did though.
Ashley
Received this for a giveaway!!

This was in the same vein as What Dreams May Come, or The 5 People You Meet In Heaven. A middle aged high-schools teacher saves a drowning boy and drowns himself in the process. When he arrives in heaven the angel Gabriel informs him he can pick ANY 5 DAYS he wishes to relive..... Will he right wrongs, Will he waste thus opportunity, Will he make the right choice?????

GREAT READ! Perfect start for the new year!
Joyce
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alisha Jarosh
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book thru this site and thoroughly enjoyed it. Once started I didn't want to stop. It makes you think a lot about what days you would pick if given the chance to revisit 5 days. Makes you realize that the days you pick will also affect the outcome of your life in the end. Very thought provoking. One of those books that once finished still has you thinking about it.
Alisha Jarosh
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Cathy Bazan
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I like the concept of this story. It is written well, and the five days chosen make sense with the characters reasoning. It makes you think which ones you would choose.

I received this book free from GoodReads.
Amy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well done look at which 5 days you would relive if given the chance. What would you choose to do?

I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway but the opinions expressed are solely my own.
Vickie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
This is a small book that once I started I couldn't put down.
The impact one can have on others and the choices we make.
I highly recommend this.
I won this book through Goodreads.
Georgine
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
won this on Goodreads
What a lovely short story. I enjoyed it immensely.
Would recommend this.
Cristin
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was received in a giveaway. Enjoyable short story.
Sarah Rife
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, if you came here to look at thr ratings to see if you should read this book the answer is YES YES YES READ IT!!
I won this book from a giveaway on this site, & I could not be happier that I did! I honestly think this is the most perfect book I've ever read in my life! This book made me feel every human emotion one human can feel in one sitting!! I did not expect this book to be funny in any way shape of form after reading the back of it! One page I was laughing so hard my dogs were
Cheryl Pinette
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you could relive any 5 days, what would you choose? Thought provoking! The book was a quick read on a plane. As I was reading, I was considering what days I would choose.
Michael Bull
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in a giveaway and am very pleased I did. A very entertaining story.
Ladonna
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really made me think about life. It was very well written. I do hope that it turns into a movie.

*received this as a giveaway winner*
Merideth
Apr 23, 2019
Bob
Mar 13, 2015
Matt Micros
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marnie Ward
rated it it was ok
May 25, 2019

• Freeway Rick Ross: The Untold Autobiography
  • Stop & Frisk
  • The Day the President Was Shot: The Secret Service, the FBI, a Would-Be Killer, and the Attempted Assassination of Ronald Reagan (The Last Days Series)
  • Consequential President
  • I Am Not Ashamed
  • Holding Breath: A Memoir of AIDS' Wildfire Days
  • Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare
  • The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People
Matt Micros received a B.A. in American Studies from the University of Notre Dame and his M.S. in Television, Radio and Film from Syracuse’s Newhouse School of Communications, before spending the better part of a decade in Los Angeles working in television production. He followed that with a stint at Creative Artists Agency before returning to the east coast. He currently resides in Stratford, Con ...more
“The warmth and sun-drenched days of late summer, had been replaced by the cold, darkness of November, where the crisp chill served as a precursor to a winter that would long overstay its welcome once the holidays had past.” 1 likes