Start by marking “I Love Networking: ...And I Used To Hate It. - - - A Story About Finding Your Inner Networker (The Mentor Code)” as Want to Read:

If you hate networking you've got to read "I Love Networking"
For some, business networking is painful and they avoid it like the plague.

Ken is one of those people. He owns a small business that is in the same predicament as many others: it's struggling. Out of the blue, one of Ken's top customers invites him to visit local networking group. At first he resists, but fina
Published February 20th 2014 by Cooper & Associates

To ask other readers questions about I Love Networking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love Networking

Start your review of I Love Networking: ...And I Used To Hate It. - - - A Story About Finding Your Inner Networker (The Mentor Code)
Mario MJ Perron
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Smarter & friendlier

Awesome! I've been doing it only a little right. There a much simpler way. It may now always be "Start with how can I help you?"
This is beautifully written, concise, and wise.
Build friendships and relationships first.
Believe in givers gain!
My mind is swimming with how I can improve on what I'm doing and I'm excited to go to my next networking meeting.
Good luck and good reading.
Oh, and lets get together sometime, I'd love to het to know more about you, your business, and see
Ed Barton
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
BNI Basics

As a former BNI member in a prior role, the concepts works with the right business and attitude. This quick read gives you a basic idea of what BNI is all about. Even if you don’t go with BNI, the book will give you a few networking basics that will help you...and your business.
Daniel Osborne
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make Friends, Make Money!

An extremely accurate depiction of what an ideal launch into the foray of networking should look like.

As a business owner that has received over $100k of referred business using this EXACT process, this book will forge the way for those looking to share BNI and system advocacy with their professional contacts!
Patrick Szalapski
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short enough and the price is right!
Zibusiso Masuku
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I basically think of myself as an introvert, and I am pretty excited about the hints I got from this book. The language is pretty simple and the book is clearly not the in boring textbook format but rather a narrative which makes it so easy to read. It is also easy to read it like a novel (and miss all the good stuff like I did). Hopefully, I will get time to re read more slowly this time and be able to go on and say "I Love Networking: ...And I Used To Hate It."
Richard
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy read that teaches key principles to have success with networking. Written by BNI's founder, it is focused on the BNI system but there is plenty that anyone can take and learn to start gaining more referral business and avoid common networking mistakes.
Antwanya Miller
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very informative

I love this book, it described how I feel about networking and gave me some good ideas as to how to get over my fear of networking.
Mathilde
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a wonderful introduction to networking, full of ideas... and what is more important to me, capable if generating even more ideas and réflexions about your own company, your own development...
a to-read book ;)
Jul 19, 2019
Becky Bayne
Oct 23, 2015
Rehema
rated it did not like it
Jun 25, 2016
Aug 06, 2017
Geoff
Apr 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
BNI Marketing

This is just a promotional brochure for BNI. I'm sure they're a fine organization, but this isn't helpful. The title should be more clear.
Lori Power

• Bad Moms: The Novel
  • The Henna Artist
  • This is Just What it’s Like Sometimes
  • The Jetsetters
Dr. Ivan Misner is the Founder & Chairman of BNI, the world's largest business networking organization. BNI was founded in 1985. The organization has over 5,800 chapters throughout every populated continent of the world. Last year alone, BNI generated 6.5 million referrals resulting in $2.8 billion dollars worth of business for its members.

Dr. Misner's Ph.D. is from the University of Southern Cal