Start by marking “The Journey from the Center to the Page: Yoga Philosophies and Practices as Muse for Authentic Writing” as Want to Read:

The first book to show how yoga can help create better writing features invigorating postures, breathing techniques, and wisdom for wordsmiths of any level. Photos.
Published June 3rd 2004 by Gotham

To ask other readers questions about The Journey from the Center to the Page, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Journey from the Center to the Page

Start your review of The Journey from the Center to the Page: Yoga Philosophies and Practices as Muse for Authentic Writing
Raima Larter
Jun 06, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
I could not finish this book, which is unfortunate, since I had such great hopes for it after the first three chapters. I was, in fact, quite excited by the insights in those first chapters, but the rest of the book never really delivered on the promise I sensed at the beginning.

To be fair, I may not be the right audience for this book, though. I discovered this same writing-practice method on my own and was excited by the first couple of chapters because it helped me understand why this method
Xae
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good for a read-through, better for a reference afterward. Section IV, in particular, will be revisited in the future.
Richard Jespers
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned much from Jeff’s book. His is but another way at allowing the subconscious to flourish in one’s writing. I did many of the exercises, and one (becoming an object) yielded one of the best scenes I’ve ever written, that story landing in one of the top literary journals in the country, "My Long-Playing Records," which led to the collection by the same name. This book is rife with many jewels, and I plan to reread often.

Later, as I did Pilates and learned to meditate, I felt even more
Laraine Herring
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful addition to any yogi/writer's shelves. The practices here are simple, clear, and very helpful. I have had the chance to work with Jeff Davis on the phone, on -line, and in person. He's the real deal.
Deb
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is an interesting book, but like Write Away has more to it (in this case the yoga) than I want to think about, so not quite for me. I did enjoy the frequent quotes of writers about different aspects of writing.
Michelle Margaret
Love the practical teachings in this book about using Yoga as one's Muse for creativity. This is the foundation of a YAM (Yoga as Muse) facilitator's training I'm participating in this summer! (See also www.trackingwonder.com)
Satia
Nov 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: writers
Perhaps the best book on writing I've read in a long time. Although I wouldn't recommend it with the same freedom as I do others, this is perhaps one of my hands down favorites. For a full review:

Mary Radmacher
jeff davis writes what he teaches.
and! he teaches what he practices.
this is good news for anyone interested in the energetic prompt that yoga can
provide their writing. i met jeff, and got to experience first hand the surprising tie.
Jen Lighty
Jeff is a friend of mine. He is an amazing teacher of yoga and writing. The practices I learned from this book have helped me immeasurably as a writer.
Elizabeth
Renu
Oct 08, 2008
Lisa
Mar 10, 2012
There is more than one author with this name
A poet, freelance writer, and editor, Jeff Davis founded the Yoga as Muse for Authentic Writing Workshops and has taught writing for sixteen years, assisting students of all ages and from all walks of life. His work has taken him to numerous locales, including Omega at The Crossings; New York Citys OM Yoga Center; and Bliss Yoga Center in Woodstock, New