Start by marking “The Unforgivable Fix (Mort Grant #3)” as Want to Read:
The Unforgivable Fix (Mort Grant #3)

The Unforgivable Fix

(Justice/Mort Grant #3)

On the heels of her runaway hits The Fixer and The Red Hot Fix, T. E. Woods ratchets up the tension with her newest explosive thriller in the fast-paced Justice series.

The killer won’t come for you, you fool. He’ll come for me.

Detective Mort Grant of the Seattle PD has finally decided to sell. The home where he and his late wife raised two kids feels too large and too
Published October 14th 2014 by Alibi

To ask other readers questions about The Unforgivable Fix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unforgivable Fix

Sue
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of "The Unforgivable Fix" by T.E.Woods, through Random House Publishing Group-Alibi, via Net Galley. I wish to thank both the publishing company and the author for providing me with a Kindle copy to read.

This is the third book in the “Justice” series and Ms. Woods third novel. This is a fast-paced thriller and a must read for those that enjoy crime fiction. I read the previous novels "The Fixer" and "The Red Hot Fix", and now here, the reader gets to reconnect with the main ch
Una Tiers
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A real psychological thriller, written by and about a psychologist. The characters are mostly criminals who harm society through drugs, murder or child abuse. The pace is swift but the malevolence spoils the story.
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, Crime Fiction Fans, Thriller Fans
I am so excited to have read the third book in The Fixer book series. I didn't think it could get any better but by golly it did! The Fixer is BACK ladies and gentlemen, oh yes! These books have been some of my most favourite read books of 2014 and I have read a LOT of books this year.

Liddy is back and opening up her Psychology practice again in this book. Detective Mort Grant is settling down on a houseboat he has bought to live in. All seems calm...but it's the calm before the storm.

Mort Gran
Julie
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Unforgivable Fix by T. E. Woods is a 2014 Alibi publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

We touch base with Mort and Lydia again, Mort has finally made contact with his daughter, Allie. However, this is not a warm and fuzzy family reunion. Allie is the target of a very dangerous Russian crime lord and Mort hides her with “The Fixer”, Lydia.

Lydia who has been very reluctant to slide back into her life as a therapist, has
Lynda Kelly
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first in this terrific series I have "only" given 4*. It was almost a hat-trick BUT there were some dumb mistakes in this that really ought to have been noticed. The writing in this was also a little odd in that Mort was off doing his own thing throughout and we weren't party to anything he was really doing.
Don't get me wrong, still a tremendous series and one I'm definitely sticking with but in a paid-for book the proofreading should be up to snuff. I preferred this one to number 2,
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
My View:
By far the best read in this series!

T E Woods just gets better and better. I enjoyed the last book and was expecting this to be a kind of winding up of the series but so pleased that is not how it turned out. This, the 3rd book in the series is a fast paced, exciting novel full of mysteries and moral dilemmas.
I like hearing more of the psychologist side of the story, the cases, protocols and the client/doctor discussions.

In this novel we learn more about The Fixer, her relationships an
Annie
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a most excellent 5 star read as usual with this series, I do have one complaint however...I wonder about the cover!!
Why, why did you, the publishers, the editor or whoever change the theme of the covers??!!??
I love Lydia, Mort and now detective Bauer and I love that I never know what's going on and I mean that in a good way! I was wondering how you were going to tie up the loose ends.

There are always a few stories going on in "T's" books. this time we have some nasty perverts preying on young
Jane
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1audio, z2018, audio-read
Another solid instalment in the Fixer series. I didn't like this one quite as much as the first two (some of the situations seemed too contrived for me), but it was thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. As usual, narrator Christina Delaine brought her best with many unique voices for the characters. Looking forward to reading the next in series soon.

Trish R.
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Wow, wow, wow! This series just gets better and better. Lydia and Mort may not be partners but they sure do work well together when it’s necessary. This was all about Lydia working at her psychology offices again and hiring a young man to work for her, only to find out he was really working against her and then tried to blackmail her in the end.

And it was also about Mort’s daughter, who was the lover to a man who was known throughout the world as the leader of a drug cartel and when he screwed u
Tracy T.
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series, they seem to start out a bit slow but pick up and get really good. Fantastic narration (audible review)

There are some really great lead characters.

I really enjoy the psychological mystery and suspense in these books. I love Lydia! She is awesome. This is the third book in the series and they are NOT cliffhanger books. I am happy about that. There is a lot of dialogue throughout the entire book. Strong characters and a great story lines and plot. There is more than one st
SoWrongItsRANDI {Bell, Book & Candle}
I received this ARC from Net Galley and Alibi Publishing in exchange for an honest review

Bell, Book & Candle | Unforgivable Fix Review

This book blew my expectations out of the water. I figured it would just be one huge "every character has drama" book. Amazingly, it was like some rated M for mature Superman book. The female lead, Lydia, is successful psychiatrist by day; The Fixer by night (dun dun duunnn).

Story is pretty fast paced- maybe not with action, but the story itself is engrossing
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The Unforgivable Fix by T. E. Woods is a not-to-be-missed, very highly recommended third installment of the Justice series, which features The Fixer.

Wowza! I unabashedly love the Fixer. The series by T. E. Woods begins with The Fixer followed by The Red Hot Fix, and now the latest, The Unforgivable Fix. The synopsis tells followers a modicum about what's happening with this third book of the series (Mort trying to move on and his wayward daughter, Allie, returning), but let me just clue you in t
Scott Parsons
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Another fascinating read from T.E. Woods. I had enjoyed the The Red Hot Fix very much so I looked forward to this next in the series. I was not disappointed. I found this novel even better than the previous one.

Lydia comes out of seclusion and resumes her practice part-time. She takes on a Ph.D. affiliated with her friend at the university to provide him with some experience in the clinical setting. Mort has sold the family home and is in the process of moving to a houseboat. Mort's son Robbie h
Mary Brown
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Unforgivable Fix by T. E. Woods is the third book in A Justice Novel series and it is every bit as good as the other two.

This book is a book about changes and moving on with your life. Detective Mort Grant has decided to sell his house because it is too full of memories of his prior life. He realizes he needs to let go and move on with his life. He talks his good friend Lyia into re-opening her psychology practice. And the biggest change of all is the return of Mort’s daughter, who he has no
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is book three of the Mort Grant series and if you haven't read the others you must read them first. Mort is a Seatle Policeman and he knows who The Fixer (a female assassin) is but he has chose to keep it secret because she saved his life..back in another book.

She is also a psychologist and in this book she goes back to being a psychologist and is supervising a new guy. Mort's daughter is in trouble and calls on her to help protect her from drug lords.

So there are several different storie
Gary
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
The 3rd book in the Mort Grant series by TE Woods.
I had already read the first book and inadvertently read the 2nd and 3rd out of order but it didn't spoil my enjoyment. In fact I enjoyed the book so much I started the 2nd book the instant I had finished the 3rd book.
A little bit slow at the start and I did wonder if I was going to enjoy it but then for me it suddenly came to life and I was hooked. Great characters and plenty of thrills and spills to keep the pages turning fast. I will certainly
Mieneke
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, crime
The third in T.E. Woods’ Mort Grant series, The Unforgivable Fix returns us to Seattle and Mort and Lydia. We find them recovering from the events related in The Red Hot Fix . There is a general air of moving on and letting go, as Mort finally sells the house he shared with his beloved wife and Lydia is trying to leave The Fixer behind and to forget Oliver, her sort-of-ex-boyfriend. Yet however much we might want to forget our past, the past often doesn’t want to let us go, as Mort finds out wh ...more
Tom Duff
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Unforgivable Fix: A Justice Novel
T.E. Woods

I recently finished The Unforgivable Fix by T. E. Woods, which is the third book in the Fixer series. I had read the second one, and was a bit confused about the characters and background (I still need to read the first one). But with the knowledge of The Red Hot Fix in hand, this one made much more sense and I really enjoyed it. I like the secret lives that many of the characters are hiding, and Lydia (the Fixer) is excellent in her role.

In this i
Jennifer McLean
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Recommended to Jennifer by: NetGalley
"The Unforgivable Fix" by T. E. Woods was a really good book. It was a little different than I thought it would be after reading the synopsis. This is the third book in the series of "Fixer" books and after reading this one, I'd recommend reading them in order, which I didn't do! I think the story would be even more improved if I'd known the back history of the character called "The Fixer".

The series is based around the main character called "The Fixer". When you cannot get justice anywhere els
Kathryn Svendsen
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, suspense, thriller
For 4 years Mort Grant’s daughter has been incommunicado with her family and friends. No one knows where she is or what she is doing. Then one day she shows up on her father’s doorstep begging for his help.

Allie has found herself on the run from one of the world deadliest drug leaders, the Russian crime lord, Tokarev. There’s only one safe place Mort can hide her away from the authorities – with The Fixer. But can even The Fixer get justice for Allie?

This exciting novel captures the reader from
JG
This was an excellently crafted story with tight plot lines, suspense filled action and well developed characters that are complex and multilayered. T.E. Woods brings us back to the world of The Fixer. Lydia has let two years pass in which she recovered from a grave injury that could have ended her life. Instead here she is trying to set up her practice again despite retiring her other persona, known as The Fixer, a vengeance assassin that has killed with no remorse. Now she is at a crux trying ...more
Maria
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lydia Corriger had some rough years but she decided it was time to reopen her consult again. So after just a few hours at work, she had one case of child abuse and a PhD student to supervise, Zach Edward. But that's not all, her old friend Mort Grant needed her help with his long gone daughter Allie; she escaped from the rival of his lover, a boss cartel.
Lydia had an amazing return to work, don't you think?
It seems that when I start reading a book saga, I can never do it from the first book! Thi
Teena in Toronto
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Allie took off years ago and has been living with Patrick, a drug kingpin. Patrick does something stupid and, scared of the retaliation against her, Allie returns home to seek protection from her father, Mort, who is a police detective. Mort asks Lydia, a therapist, to let Allie stay with her. Lydia was once "The Fixer" ... you could hire her to fix situations. Against her better judgement and her dislike of Allie, Lydia lets her move into her home.

In the meantime, Lydia returns to her practice
Anne
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was a fan of the first two books and was excited to get a copy of The Unforgiveable Fix from Netgalley (in exchange for my honest review). TUF did not let me down. One of the reasons I enjoy this series so much is that I think I know where they're going and they always manage to surprise me. When I started this book, I kept thinking about the title and thought I figured out early on what was ultimately going to happen and I was kinda sorta of right (maybe 20%).

It's two years after the last boo
M.M. Silva
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
My recommendation this week is the third and final in the Justice series, called The Unforgivable Fix. In this book, our lovable Mort Grant of the Seattle PD is finally going to retire and move away from the home where he and his late wife raised their two children. While he's still in touch with his son, his wayward daughter Allie has been the lover of a Russian crime lord for years, and Mort constantly wonders where he went wrong. And just as he's making some big decisions to get on with his l ...more
Teresa
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
THE UNFORGIVABLE FIX is the second in a series involving Lydia Corriger, a brilliant psychologist with a secret past recently discovered by her friend Mort, who just happens to be a policeman. After being shot, Lydia has been off work for the past couple years and has decided to return to work after talking with an old friend, who has a student looking to get in some clinical hours. Lydia decides to take on the student and reopen her practice. About the same time Mort's daughter needs a safe pla ...more
Kari
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, kindle
This is the third book in the "Fixer" series. I really enjoy the first one, The Fixer. I didn't have the chance to read the second book, Red Hot Fix, but I never felt like I was missing anything while reading The Unforgivable Fix. There are two cases going on at the same time in this book. One involving Lydia and her therapy practice and the other involving Mort's daughter Allie who is on the run from the drug world.

As far as story-lines go, I liked one involving Lydia's practice more. I kind of
Nancy
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Fixer Comes Out of Seclusion

Mort Grant has sold his house and is moving to a house boat. While Lydia, the Fixer, helps him pack, he suggests that she's been out of circulation too long. It's time to get back into the world, perhaps reopen her practice. At first Lydia is against the idea but when an old friend and colleague asks her to take on her research assistant so that he can get his certification, she agrees.

Lydia's life is changing, but so is Mort's daughter, Allie's. She is the mistr
Dan
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third story in a series involving the Fixer (Lydia Corriger) and Detective Mort Grant. Mort is the only one who knows Lydia’s true indemnity. Although, now she is resume her therapy practice and take sin new patients and an intern. Mort’s long-lost daughter Allie has come back home to hid from her drug lord boyfriend and/or the Russian mobster who is out for revenge. Mort feels that Lydia is the only one who can protect Allie and wants her to hide out with her. Neither Lydia nor Alli ...more
PopcornReads
When I picked up Book #1 in T.E. Woods’ Justice series, I had no idea I would get hooked on it. I almost didn’t review it since it was only available as an e-book and I know some of you still don’t have e-readers. I could hardly wait for The Unforgivable Fix to be available to reviewers. I think it could possibly be read as a stand-alone novel, although I think you’d definitely benefit from having read the novels that precede it. This series continues to evolve, which is wonderful. I’m not sure ...more
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • Letters From a Murderer (Finley Jameson & Joseph Argenti #1)
  • Hard Target (OPSIG Team Black #2)
  • Law of Gravity
  • Next Move, You're Dead (Next Move, You're Dead, #1)
  • The Magician's Daughter (Valentine Hill, #1)
  • Seduction of the Innocent (Jack & Maggie Starr #3)
  • The Circle of Thirteen
  • In the Moors (A Shaman Mystery, #1)
  • Ryder (Ayesha Ryder #1)
  • Hellbound
  • Deadly Diamonds (Knight and Devlin #4)
  • Meet the Annas
  • Fatal Decree
  • The Paris Directive
  • Lawless & The Devil of Euston Square: Introducing Campbell Lawless
  • Chasing Darkness
  • Attorney-Client Privilege (Vernetta Henderson, #4)
T.E. Woods is a clinical psychologist and author living in Bayfield, WI. She is author of two series: The Justice Series (starring Lydia Corriger and Mort Grant) and The Hush Money Series (Starring Sydney Richardson). Her stand alone novel, The Wrong Sister, will be released on February 27, 2018.

Justice/Mort Grant (6 books)
  • The Fixer (Mort Grant, #1)
  • The Red Hot Fix (Justice Series, #2)
  • Fixed in Blood (Mort Grant #4)
  • Fixed in Fear (Mort Grant #5)
  • Dead End Fix (A Justice Novel, #6)
“It’s like you say, I have to do what makes me scared. Or else my world gets so small it’ll squash me.” 1 likes
“backyard in lurid relief.” 1 likes