Start by marking “Where Do I Sleep?: A Pacific Northwest Lullaby” as Want to Read:
Where Do I Sleep?: A Pacific Northwest Lullaby

Where Do I Sleep?: A Pacific Northwest Lullaby

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Cuddle up with this beautifully illustrated lullaby book featuring eighteen Northwest animals-deer, eagle, and salmon among them-bedding down for the night (or day!). Rhythmic and soothing four-line stanzas describe the animals' habitats and sleeping patterns, gently teaching children the importance of a good night's sleep.
Published March 13th 2002 by Sasquatch Books

To ask other readers questions about Where Do I Sleep?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Do I Sleep?

Miss Balzaretti
Where do I Sleep?, tells the story of different habitats and homes that the animals in Pacific Northwest live and sleep in. This picture book not only tells the habitats of different insects, birds, fish, and mammals that live in and out of the Puget Sound. This book has great illustrations that not only depict the specific habitat but also the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Gabriel uses watercolors and colored pencils to give detail and color to her illustrations. These pictures do a ...more
John Schlotfelt
The illustrations are quite nice--a sort of dreamy, misty quality. This is the first book in my baby-prepping reading which has had nothing for me (the assumed reader). I can already envision numerous ways this will be useful and stimulating for my child: discussions about habitat, a jumping off point to investigate how other animals sleep, an opportunity to add stories about how the child and pets sleep, bolster a trip to the zoo with some familiarity... So, that's nice, even if the book does l ...more
Allison Loncar
Genre: Poetry Copyright: 2008
This is a well done book that takes the reader into the different areas and ways animals sleep in the Pacific Northwest. I like how it's not your typical animals. You get to read about otters, salmon fry and brown bats. The story reads easily with a lyrical melody. Illustrations are beautifully done that would capture the attention of young and older readers. This is a good mentor text for Washington State study.
Meghanchambers8gmail.Com
I think this book was a sweet story and one that I myself enjoyed at some point in time. It takes place in the northwest and I feel that it is relevant to my cultural identity mainly through the setting. I think it's important to note that all the animals/characters within the story are animals found in the northwest.
Christy
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Siskiyou-Suzy
Pretty cute -- I like local stuff and value it for that reason. It also offers up opportunities to discuss each animal, maybe play a guessing game, and talk about relation between animal and environment. I'm not huge on the artwork and design, however. I like the rhymes -- sing-songy and gentle.
Lindsey Beck
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book could be used to introduce a lesson on animals and their habitats. After reading it, we could
Focus on each specific animal to learn more about them. (1-2)
Karen
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, children-s
Lovely illustrations, well rhymed verse.
Kiddo
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-with-facts
This is a catalog of NW critters all answering the question "Where do I sleep?" I like the variety of critters in included and the factual information about each one.
Andrea Fluty
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this to my daughter.
Gwen