Start by marking “Stone: At Your Service (Carolina Bad Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stone: At Your Service (Carolina Bad Boys, #1)

Stone: At Your Service

(Carolina Bad Boys #1)

Rie Warren delivers a steamy, humorous romance with one hell of an alpha male bad boy.

Hell on wheels meets Hell in high heels.

Bad boy mechanic Josh Stone likes to get his hands dirty any way he can—the filthier, the better. Ever since his wife walked out on him and their young son, he’s only had room in his heart for two loves: the kid and cars.

Roped into playing his best
Published September 25th 2014 by Rie Warren

To ask other readers questions about Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone

Tpagirl
Stone: At Your Service was the first book in the Carolina Bad Boys series by Rie Warren. It was also my first book by the author.

It was told in the single POV, Josh Stone’s. Stone’s best friend was the Romance author Nicky Love. Nicky pretended to be gay at the conferences to ward off the groping women and he convinced Stone to act as his partner to lend it credence. Stone was the gorgeous, masculine, alpha mechanic who loved women, so not an easy feat to pull off, but he was loyal to Nicky.

LeeL
Tera Shanley
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'll be the first to admit, I've been waiting (very impatiently) on this book and here's why. I'd stumbled upon Sugar Daddy by Warren months ago and it was my first erotica read. It opened up an entire new genre for me, I loved it so much. Her stories aren't just about sex (though her sex scenes...holy hot moly) but they are wrought with emotion, and I was hoping upon hope Stone would have the same infusion of drop-down-drag-out heartstrings-yanking that this author is known for.

Stone didn
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Cute scenes with Josh and his boy. Just other things are not my taste.
Eden Ashe
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, erotica, bad-boy
First off, I want to say I'm a huge fan of Rie Warren's writing style. Her ability to tell a story, engage the reader's emotions and flat-out charm the pants off you is amazing.

Now. I loved this story. I LOVED Stone. I loved Leelee. I loooooved them together. And Stone and Nicky's relationship? Stone and Nicky and JJ? Amazing.

I admit this story wasn't perfect. Neither were In His Command and Jingle Bell Rock. But ask me what the flaws were and I couldn't tell you because all I remember from th
Carissa
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-s-2015
This one sadly didn't work out well for me. For a bad boy ( and I understand he needed to play a role, but still) too feminine. I could absorb that for a supposedly badass alpha male.
Lori JG
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-s-re-reads
Its no secret I'm a huge fan of Rie Warren's. When I needed something fresh & new to read, someone mature yet hip - with a wide range and variety, and a gift for explicit sexual encounters... I met Rie. She was pimping her new release, In His Command. A genre and story line I had no interest in at all, until I opened that book!

I laugh and cry and get so pulled into her stories - I know when ever I'm reading her, or talking to her - its gonna be a good time. She has a writing style that reach
NMmomof4
DNF @ 19%. This was pretty bad. When I put it with my samples there weren't that many of my friends or people that I follow that had read it, so I wanted to give it a try. I am a sucker for the single parent theme (especially single dads), and I'd have to say that the only good thing about this one at 19% was how the H was sweet and devoted to his son.

The rest is a different story. The idea is that the H is attending a romance book convention with his best friend, and is posing as his boyfriend
Ashleyjo
Nov 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
description

It should be criminal to take sugar and fuck it up like that ^, just like it should be criminal to take a great story and fuck it up like this ....

I loved the shell of the story. I loved the shell of the characters. But, all the details within and how those details were presented, constantly triggered my brain 'REVOLT, REVOLT, REVOLT & RETREAT'

Male Character Confusion Revolt

description

Yes, I get that the male MC, Stone, was pretending to be gay for his BFF while he was actually a straight man l
Joelle
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC of this book and I'm giving my honest opinion.*

I have to say that I am a HUGE fan of Rie! From the first excerpt I read of In His Command I was hooked. I've read all her releases, and they just get better and better. She never fails to amaze me.

As for Stone, At Your Service -- Oh My God! I loved, loved, loved this book! It's cute and cheeky with the gay charade at the romance convention. The characters are fantastic. Stone is a total hottie alpha and Leelee is adorable but hea
Christi Snow
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My Review:

I adored this book, but I will tell you right up front...the character Stone is not going to be one that everyone loves. But I thought that Rie Warren set him up perfectly.

Stone is an unrepentant ladies man. He's a single dad for his 3 yo son, but Friday nights are when JJ goes to stay with Stone's mom and it's his night to get laid...with no strings attached. And he's good-looking enough that the ladies are usually okay with that. Stone narrates the story in 1st person POV so this is
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 5 Rockin’ ★★★★★

What do you do when your best friend is an author/best seller of romance novels and needs to pretend he is gay to keep the wild women of romance off his back? You help him by going undercover as his gay lover! The whole idea that Josh Stone or Nicholas Loveland were anything but all American heterosexual men was ludicrous! Both men are men’s men with enough testosterone to run a small country between the two of them. This is where the fun, laughter and OMG did that
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Mm Mmm (Not) Good...
I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to read this book. I knew there would be an alpha bad-boy involved. I knew that the author would have me blushing and sighing during the sexy parts. But I wasn't prepared for the the non-stop laughter I would be subjected to. It was perfect timing for me to read this book because I just returned from a 4 day author event. I giggle-snorted and laughed out loud while nodding at the frequent instances of deja vu I experienced.
Ladyjovi Stone
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-review
Disclaimer: I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review

I had the honor of reading Stone: At Your Service, book 1 of Carolina Bad Boys, a new series by Rie Warren. I loved this story! I loved the fact that Josh Stone is an alpha male who is raising his son on his own, and is a true friend. Only a true friend would go to the lengths that Stone does for his childhood best friend, even when it means he might lose his chance at that one woman who makes him believe in forever again, Leelee.
Heather
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review so here we go...

LOVED IT! What I loved most about it was it was from a male POV. Rie is known for other male POVs like her "In His Command" series BUT that's a m/m start off and her short story "Jingle Bell Rock" is also m/m so you expect it BUT not so much from a m/f story.

The interaction between Josh (Stone) and Nicky cracked me up and I thouroughly enjoyed their antics with each other. They have a real sense of true friendship through thick and
Joanne Wadsworth
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stone, At Your Service is an erotic contemporary romance which sees bad boy mechanic Josh Stone agreeing to play his best friend’s gay boyfriend at a writers’ convention. While there, he meets Leelee, a shy woman who writes sexy romance, and the woman he soon isn’t prepared to let walk out of his life.

This is hot romance with a fabulous cast and a riveting storyline. Stone is a single dad, and the relationship between him and his young son is gorgeous. Add in Leelee, the woman who’s perfect for
Billi
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

First off: HOT HOT HOT!

Stone is a good guy, a rough and tough cocoa puff, loyal and kind. He's also a man whore.

That said, if he's your friend, he'll do anything for you. Stone's love for his son warmed my heart and gave me the warm and fuzzies too!

Hence the premise of the story. His friend Nicky is a romance writer, needs a "gay" boyfriend to keep the sassy women at bay at a writers convention. Enter Stone at Nicky's service.

Long
Emily
Mechanic and single father, Josh Stone would do anything for his best friend Nicky, even pretend to be gay at a romance writers convention. Josh figures this will be the first vacation since he had his son and although the women will be off limits, he can still enjoy the scenery. He didn't expect to meet budding new author LeeLee Songchild though.

Although Josh tries to stay away, the hot tempered yet shy woman pulls him in. Josh figures he can bide his time, but everything about LeeLee makes hi
Loredana
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars (times 2)

I NEED to give this book 10 stars. What.A.Great.Book!!!! Written from the perspective of Josh/Stone, there are some great moments of hilarity perfectly balanced with some amazingly hot action (in the book as well as in the book in the book). It’s a story of life imitating art, in the sexiest ways…

This book is written from the male perspective, being exposed to a female-dominated slice of the universe. Josh and Nick attend the
Tehteh
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Hell on wheels meets Hell in high heels." HELL YEAH!

Stone, AT Your Service is the first book in the new Carolina Bad Boys series by Rie Warren, who is also the author of the Don't Tell and Sugar Daddy series. I have only read the former, but I can almost certainly guarantee it is quite different from both.

Our first 'bad boy' is Josh Stone. Mechanic, proud owner of his dad's shop, single dad... and gay for a week thanks to his best friend Nicky, for whom our Stone would do just about anything.
I.Heart.Romance
⭐⭐ 4.5 Stars ⭐⭐

* * * POSSIBLE SPOILERS * * *

♦BOOK: #1 in CAROLINA BAD BOYS series. Can be read as a Standalone. 280 pages.

♦POV: first person, HERO

♦WRITING: very good - different, edgy & humorous

♦EDITING: very good - no errors found

♦HERO: Josh Stone, 32--Mechanic, business owner. Single father to a 3 year old son. Short dark blond hair, hazel eyes, perpetual dark stubble, 6'3, muscular, manwhore, macho but very sweet with his son.

♦HEROINE: Leelee Childes aka Leelee Songchild, 27--New Adu
Book Junky Girls
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Star Review

Josh promised his best friend a favor, if it includes pretending to be his gay lover then so be it he owes him big after everything he's done for him.  Rule number 1 though, no showing attention To any girls, which even for a manwhore like Josh Shouldn't be a problem...until she walks in and screws everything up just by being in the Same room with him. Leelee is the new kid on the author block but her curves and attitude are anything but childlike and Josh just can't seem to stay
Gemma Brocato
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was satisfying on so many levels. Josh Stone is a man’s man, rough, gruff, no-nonsense. He’s the kind of book boyfriend women are really looking for. But this single dad loves his young son, is great to his mother, and fair but funny with his employees and friends. All of these trait leads him to agree to help his friend Nicky Love, by pretending to be his boyfriend at a convention of romance novelists. As they say, the road to ... well, you know where... is paved with good intentions. ...more
Maria
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Lustful Literature
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
** JOSIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW **

Stone at Your Service by Rie Warren was a funny and delightful read. The author gives readers, drama, a really hot sexy as h*** Southern bad Boy, LOL moments and my favorite – romance authors UNCENSORED. This story was different in that this is told in a man’s POV. Josh is a single divorced father, he owns a garage that details foreign cars and he loves the ladies but only for a night. His best friend is a romance writer who poses as a gay author that writes about
Kim
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Josh Stone is a divorced, single father, garage owner, and ladies' man when he finds the time. When he agrees to pose as his best friend Nicky's gay boyfriend for a romance writer's convention, he has no idea how it is going to affect his life.

First of all they aren't gay. Nicky needs Josh to help perpetuate his image that he has created to go along with his pen name and to protect him from legions of female fans and a group of groping author ladies.
"From skirt--chasin' rogue to queer and en vog
Chu
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

PURCHASE IT ►►► AMAZON

Rating: 4.5 Stars

I had so much fun reading this book, over-half of it I was grinning or laughing. There were a lot of LOL moments, especially between Josh and Nicky- not to mention the mechanics from Stone’s who love to rile Josh up from miles away, and the crazy, lovely women in the book conference – this book has been a blast.

What can’t you not do for a friend?

I can’t believe alpha, bad-boy, uber sexy mechanic Josh Stone agreed to be
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was told several times to read this book. Because people know I love funny, sexy books and because Stone, At Your Service is most definitely that. In fact, it’s one of the funniest books I’ve read this year – and I’ve read a hell of a lot of books in 2014.

Josh Stone has agreed, maybe against his better judgment to pretend to be his best friend’s gay lover for one week. It’s just for a romance writer’s convention, so it’s not that big of a deal, right?

Wrong. There Josh meets Leelee Songchild
Taryn Lee
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, adult-romance, arc
Find this Review at Taryn Lee's Book Blog

A gifted copy was provided by the author for an honest review.

So, I read this book awhile ago and I liked it then and thinking back on it, I still DO like it. But that's about the extent of my feelings for this book. Don't expect a soul tugging, life altering novel people. This book is about a man who was dealt a shitty hand but finds his future in the least expected way... kind of a novel concept, but one that has definitely been done before.

"I was gonn
Lynde Shaw
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. There were so many funny parts to this story that I laughed out loud. Then there were the parts in the story where I groaned because they just seemed over the top. Stone spent almost the entire book with a hard on. Sounds quite uncomfortable. And sometimes it felt like the author used all the dirty cuss words because she could, not because it added anything to the story. I liked Josh as a father. He made my heart go "awwww". I loved the easy going and real friendship he had with Nicky ...more
Tanya
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Rating: 3.5 to 4 stars

This story was just hilarious. It is told from the hero's POV, and his inner voice is seriously funny. It starts out with him heading off from his garage he owns with his best buddy Nick, who happens to be a paranormal romance author. Nick, trying to escape female fans, his stated he is gay and our hero, Josh Stone, is his partner. They are set to spend the week solidifying that lie to the fans and writers at the romance writer's convention. Unfortunately, on arrival, Josh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Behind the Scandal (Reluctance, #2)
  • Snowcroft Lost (Snowcroft Men, #1)
  • Twisted (Harp Security, #1)
  • Cooking Up Love (Five Senses, #1)
  • Caught on Camera: Part One
  • The Gate (The Dark Path, #1)
  • Follow You Down (Reflect Me, #2)
  • Bare for You (Outback Skies, #3)
  • A Threefold Cord
  • Sinful Deception (Covert Affairs, #1.3)
  • Moment of Truth (Moments In Time #2)
  • Unintended (Unexpected, #3)
  • Marked by the Alpha
  • Three the Hard Way (ACRO, #7)
  • Breaking A Bad Boy (Bad Boys Western Romance, #4)
  • Eternally Yours
  • Glitter and Grit (Lonesome Point, Texas, #4)
  • Ace of Spades
All of Rie Warren's self-published series are available to read on Kindle Unlimited, including the instant hit Bad Boys of Retribution MC, Carolina Bad Boys, Bad Boy Ballers, and many more!

Badass, sassafras Rie Warren is an OG Amazon All Star author of Bad Boy books and MC romance. She delivers five star sex, suspense, and the best banter around. Her stories are one hundred percent original, do no

Carolina Bad Boys (7 books)
  • Love: In the Fast Lane (Carolina Bad Boys, #2)
  • Steele: Into Your Heart (Carolina Bad Boys, #3)
  • Chrome: With a Heart Forged in Steele (Carolina Bad Boys #4)
  • Rush (Carolina Bad Boys, #5)
  • Tail (Carolina Bad Boys, #6)
  • Carolina Bad Boys for Life (Carolina Bad Boys, #7)