Start by marking “Bittersweet Deceit (Bound by Your Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Deceit (Bound by Your Love, #2)

Bittersweet Deceit

(Bound by Your Love #2)

Lainie is a thirty year old, full-figured woman entrenched in a love affair with a married man. Although Lainie loves Mason desperately, she vows never to say those three little words while he remains with his wife.

Stay, an enigma in Lainie’s close-knit group of friends, has been circling her with interest, trying to garner her attention. When circumstances make it clear w
Published August 5th 2014 by Tandemwriters (first published July 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Deceit, please sign up.
Macdaddii It can be read as a stand alone, but I would not recommend that. It has characters from the old book that play a key role in the story.

P.J. Fiala
Wow! Great Book!

Lainie is close to thirty, owns her own clothing boutique and is in love with a married man, who has told her he will not leave his wife, he will not shuffle his children back and forth.

Mason is the super sexy, married man Lainie can't say no to.

Spending her life waiting for Mason to call and dropping everything, including plans with friends and family to be with him has become her life. Is it enough? There isn't a future with a married man. No children, no dinners out, nothing.

S
Ann Pankhurst
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yet another awesome story about love, relationships, HOT SEX, friendship and family by the incredibly talented Author Blakely Bennett.
Bittersweet Deceit is the second book in The Bound by Your Love series and although I loved the first one Stuck in Between, Bittersweet Deceit is my favourite of the two. This story is about Lainie, who is having an affair with Mason, an older married man whom she is hopelessly in love with but won't say it until he is hers. Mason although he says he loves her won
M.W.
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just wow. I finished Stuck in Between a couple weeks ago and she blew me away with the unique love dynamic with Jacqs, Bond, and Red.

In Bittersweet Deceit, your old friends from Stuck in Between still make an appearance, but this story concentrates on Jacq's friend, Lainie. This author took another very complicated love dynamic, one that is familiar to many people, and really drove the point home in a way we can all relate.

At one point, I found myself wanting to throw my reading device against
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
What I love about Blakely Bennett is that her books make you look at love and relationships differently and out of the box. Her characters relationships are never easy, heavily complicated, and not your normal book couple relationships. I fell in love with Jacqs, Red Bond and their unconventional relationship in Stuck in Between and I wasn't sure if the next book could compare. BUT Bittersweet Deceit surpassed my expectations and Stay surpassed Red on my Book friend list. I am #TeamStayman.

What
Serena Kett
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you liked Blakely Bennett's STUCK IN BETWEEN (#1) then your going to LOVE this. Bittersweet Deceit (Bound by Your Love #2) Is my favourite so far.
I loved the characters especially Stay (mmmmm yum)
The story line was epic, the feelings I got from this book was a real roller coaster of emotions. I could really relate the Lainie's feelings throughout the story.
I laughed and even cried and was turned on too (*whispering)
when a book makes you feel this way you know your on to a winner.
I couldn't p
Debbie R
Shelves: to-be-read
Oh I am in love with this book!!! Stay is my man ..well in my eyes. Lainie is a girl that has a little bit of meat on her and I love that because you don't see many characters that are in stories. Mason is a guy who in my eyes is just a person who wants his cake and candy at the same time!!! Now that I got my opinions out let me tell you more about this story.

Lainie falls for Mason who is a married man. We can't always tell our hearts who to love so sometimes we follow our hearts instead of our
Sara
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Lainie starts a relationship with a married man. When Stayman (I adore) eventually declares his feelings... Lainie's world is up turned. Can she make the right decision? Will Mason leave his wife? Will she choose Stayman? Who will get her heart? If there's one thing I ask.... read Lainie's story. It's a roller coaster of emotions and the sex is unbelievably GOOD!!!
Amber Lynne
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***I was given an advanced review copy of this book***

All I have to say is holy hotness! I didn't think it could get much more steamy than the sexual threesome of Jacqs, Red and Bond....but somehow Blakely Bennett made Lainie and her men (Mason and Stayman "Stay") steamy enough that I didn't need an extra man in the bedroom.

In book #1 of the Bound by Your Love series we meet beautiful Lainie, best friend of Jacqs and clearly holding on to a deep dark sexual secret that she is not ready to talk a
Kelly Smith Reviews
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of books. Most of the non-paranormal erotica I read is really a heartless book meant to simply indulge a reader's carnal desire. There's no heart and soul. Not so with Blakely Bennett's Bittersweet Deceit novel (the second book in her Bound By Your Love series, following Stuck In Between. You don't have to read Stuck In Between to enjoy Bittersweet Deceit. The backstory is clear.).

We meet Lainie Simmons, the best friend of Jaqs, the protagonist of Stuck In Between, and learn abou
Kim Lamb
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Deceit, my addiction. The author sucks you in quickly, keeps you hoping for more. She does not disappoint with the erotic scenery painted in her words. Lainie and Mason create interesting storyline, and then there's Stay.... Love, love, love the book! Can't wait for the next one to come out, and wondering which one out of the group will be portrayed!!! No spoilers, you MUST read it yourself! I guarantee that you will struggle to put the book down!!! Way to go, Blakely Bennett! Anothe ...more
Raina Cramer
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once again a perfect book! I love how well written it is and the songs that go with it are a perfect match! I'm never disappointed with her books. My fiancé is 32 yrs old never read a book and looked at me crazy when I would talk about my books I'm reading. He decided to read this and finished before me!
You know it's a good book if a man who isn't into reading can't stop reading it and wants more. Now he knows why I get so excited about my books lol. He's having a book hangover loool I haven't
Julie C
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story about a girl in love. Mason is a married man, but Lainie just can't tell him No. Stay is persistent and won't take No for an answer. So what is a girl to do? Who is deceiving who?
This is a must read for 2014. The storyline is simple but amazing. The characters are nicely written and flow really well. Another awesome book by the author Blakely Bennett.
Tami czenkus
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Blakely Bennett knows how to Grab you and pull every emotion from you while enthralled with reading her work.
Blakely is not afraid to write about "taboo" situations and make come to life like no other author i have read before.
Bittersweet Deceit features Lainie, Mason, and Stay (Swoon)Lainie finally allows herself to love and love hard, but it is with a married man. Stay is one of the very closely knit group of friends of Lainie and he stops at nothing to show what she is worth, even if she may
Michelle Marshall
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say Blakely Bennett you have blown me away again. With this being the 2nd book in the Series (Stuck In Between ) being the first I couldnt wait to get stuck in. I was not dissappointed. The story captures you from the minute you start and already knowing the characters from the first book made it feel all the more like you really were sharing their story. In this book Its the story of Laine who has been having a relationship with a married man she thought she loved, until that is ...more
Bonnie Woodruff
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received this for an honest review.
I must say that I did not read the first book, but I will now. I really like the story line, I am in love with the characters and the twists and turns. I am already looking forward to more. Hot and steamy with a plot!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
3.5 star book and it's good follow up to the first in this series. Ms. Bennett pens another dirty tale of "it's complicated".

Lainie... please...

Mason is a selfish asshat and he's no good for you. Seriously, he's a broken person who obviously doesn't understand the concept of poly. He can have it all, if he would just work it out with his wife to be in a poly. But no, it's this whole messed up serial mistress need of his.

Ms. Bennett excels at creating horrible characters. Seriously, I've read thr
Deb Markanton
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

I adore Blakely Bennett's Bound by Your Love series. Ms. Bennett is a Jedi Master of character driven novels. She is SO good at creating complex and engaging characters, revealing them layer by layer. You can't help but get all wrapped up in their inner turmoil. At least, I can't help it. Even in Bittersweet Deceit (book 2) and all its crazy goings on with Lainie, Mason, and Stay. I came at this series backwards and sideways, having read book 3 (Blue Persuasion), then book 1(Stuck In Between). I
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Ding-Ding-Ding!! Folks, we have a winner!

The second installment of the BOUND BY YOUR LOVE series, BITTERSWEET DECEIT by Blakely Bennett is quite the ride on the emotional rollercoaster, frustrating at times, but oh so much fun! If you haven’t read the first book, STUCK IN BETWEEN, then do yourself a favor and read it first. Although both books definitely stand on their own, there are a few side stories in BITTERSWEET DECEIT that continue from book one. So, your reading experience will be enhan
Brenda
This is the other coin- the other woman's story and how she deal with it.

Laine was in some fairyland with Mason Mason-perfect guy who is handsome and has money. The only problem he is married with two children. Laine knows since the beggining that he is married-yet she's hoping that he'll live his wife to be with her. Good luck girl. Their relationship was shallow-they just have sex-only!! They don't talk, they don't go out, they don't share their feelings, everything about them was superficial.
Andrea
5 MASSIVE red hot stars!!!
*ARC received in return for an honest review

WOW!! Another scorching, emotion-filled page turner of a HIT from Blakely Bennett. My kindle nearly blew up with the heat.

I finished reading Bittersweet Deceit 3 hours ago and, just like Stuck in Between (book #1), I'm left sitting with my head all over the place, can't get it out of my head. I freakin loved it! Add it to your TBR list NOW!

Blakely Bennett is fast becoming one of those authors who I 1-click buy without nee
Blakely Bennett
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is definitely my favorite story to date. I guess it's good to think that of your latest completed project.

I fell in love with Stayman while writing this novel. I think he's the perfect albeit flawed man. He is definitely his own person but with so much kindness and compassion.

I continue to enjoy getting to know this group of friends and look forward to delving into Blue's love life next.

Thanks to all my readers who continue to support me. <3
Simone Smith
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC received in return for an honest review

Blakely Bennett really knows how to write a love story, one that may not be the way you imagine a couple to fall in love, or even what would work for you in a relationship or how far you would push your boundaries for someone that you love.So if you loved Stuck Inbetween you are going to love Bittersweet Deceit just as much, but for different reasons. What I loved about both these books were, that Blakely really opens your eyes and mind to thinking mor
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
This is my first Blakely Bennett novel and it will not be my last. This is the second book in the series but can also be read as a stand alone but it does make me want to read the first one. Those characters were very interesting with their relationship...

Lainie is independent, smart and the owner of her own boutique but when it comes to love she is at a loss. Her lover, Mason is married and and in love with her but he can not give her what she wants and she will not ask for it, she can not do t
Shanoff Reads
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*** I received an ARC for an honest review ***

Well, holy hot sex on a stick!!! This book is filled with some of the hottest sex scenes that I have ever encounter and there are A LOT. If you are one that doesn't like a lot of graphic sex scenes then you should steer clear of this book...don't say I did not warn you.

Let me start off with Lainie. I really liked her conflicted character. Never at any point did I find her a whiny bitch, because she owned all the the messed up stuff going on in her l
N.C. Simmons
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Bittersweet Deceit” by Blakely Bennett

(This review is in exchange for a preview copy)

I first fell in love with Blakely Bennett’s writing with “Stuck in Between,” the first installment in her “Bound by your Love” series. “Stuck” introduced a cast of recognizable, everyday people, most of whom pop up again in “Bittersweet Deceit.”

The “Bound by your Love” world is filled with people who hold down jobs from the executive to the mundane. They hang out together over beers and wine coolers. They hold
Anna
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lainie is a successful woman who is usually the one her friends rely on for sound evidence and support when their lives are dramatic. Lainie never expected to find herself in love with a married man in in the kind of situation she would always advise her friends against. Stay has been interested in Lainie for a long time. He has just realized what has been standing in the way of them having a chance, and he decides to show Lainie that she doesn't have to settle for a relationship where her needs ...more
Kristen
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet Deceit is a story about Lanie Simmons and Stayman Stills. We are first introduced to Lanie and Stay in Stuck in Between, book 1 in the Bound by Your Love series.

In Stuck in Between, Lanie is the best friend and confidant to Jacqs. Throughout book 1, it is alluded to, that Lanie is dating someone that she doesn't want anyone to know about.

Stayman is the best friend of Bond. In book 1, Stay, having just gotten out of a relationship, begins to reconnect with his small circle of friends
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
At thirty, Lainie has a lot going on for her. She owns a successful clothing boutique, has a great group of friends, and is madly in love with Mason. Her only problem is Mason isn’t truly hers since he’s married. She is very much the beck-and-call-girl for him. When they’re together, their time is filled with fiery passion but their time away eats at Lainie as it becomes more difficult to tell what parts of their relationship are true.

Stayman has desired Lainie since his return to the group. Wit
M.L. Rosado
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been lust in love? Or involved in a steamy love triangle where you are the center cut? Or just completely hooked on a man that fucks you like there is no tomorrow? Have you roled play? Well, let me tell you in case you are wondering if I momentarily lost my mind, this book has all of the above! I was still not fully recovered after reading Stuck in Between (the first book of the Bound by your love series) when I immediately started reading Bittersweet Deceit. OMG! Is all a have to ...more
Lourdes
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best erotic romance!!!!! Wow Blakely Bennett is an extraordinary writer. The emotional responses displayed by her characters are very realistic. It amazes me how "truth," can be found in fiction.

Bittersweet Deceit is the second novel in the Bound by Your Love series, although this is truly a stand alone book, you will definitely enjoy reading Stuck in Between, the first book written in the series. #nonprudesonly. This series projects an aura of passion, sexual exploration/liberation and intense
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Demarcation of Jack
  • Captured in Croatia
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • The Unfaithful Widow
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
  • Lethal Obsession (Lethal Obsession, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Wife: The Complete Series (The Billionaire's Wife #1-9)
  • Polished (Polished, #1)
  • Nashville Trio, A Music City Ménage
  • Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
  • Nowhere
  • Angst
  • The Love of My (Other) Life
  • Out of the Box Regifted (Out of the Box, #2)
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • Always Rayne (Always Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • Curve
I've decided to no longer be active on Goodreads. I would love for you to find me elsewhere. Thanks!

Author of captivating, sexy, emotion-driven stories.

MY WEBSITE: http://www.blakelybennett.com/

MY BLOG: http://www.blakelybennett.com/blog/

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/blakely.bennett

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/BlakelyBennett

PINTEREST: http://www.pinterest.com/blakelybennett/

Bound by Your Love (3 books)
  • Stuck in Between (Bound by Your Love, #1)
  • Blue Persuasion (Bound by Your Love, #3)
“His attention felt more like an irrepressible gravitational pull than mere interest.” 9 likes
“The Kiss. It seemed like more than a kiss. It felt more like alchemy.” 4 likes