Start by marking “Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)

Eva's Treetop Festival

(Owl Diaries #1)

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

Eva Wingdale gets in over her head when she offers to organize a s
Published January 6th 2015 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Eva's Treetop Festival, please sign up.

Start your review of Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)
Tim The Enchanter
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sydney-s-reads
This is the review of my 7 year old Daughter, Sydney.

Who is in this story: This story a Eva and Lucy the owls. They are really the only characters in the story.

Where does it take place: Most of the story takes place at Eva's house which is in a house. Some of the story also takes place at Eva's school.

What is the story about: The Story is about Eva who lives in Treetop 11. She likes lots of fun things like colorings, crafts and clothes. (Things that I also like). She has family and pet Bat named
Robyn Gail
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Josiah
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A young owl's diary is a cute concept for an early chapter book, and Rebecca Elliott's story and artwork do it justice. Eva Wingdale is a colorful little owl who loves creative design, trying on pretty outfits, and spending time with her friend Lucy Beakman, who lives in the next tree over. Eva has a family like any kid, including a brother, Humphrey, whom she isn't always happy with. She attends school, does homework, and clashes with her frenemy Sue Clawson, who frequently exasperates her in c ...more
Kristy Ledford
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My daughter has been reading this to me. They are a quick read, even for children, as it’s written in diary form so sentences are short and not many on a page. This is motivating to my daughter, who after a long school day and after school activities would rather do anything but read. This series is fun and light hearted and is good fluency and comprehension practice for a first or second grader.
Lana Jackson
Eva wants to do all the work for the Treetop Festival, but eventually learns the value of teamwork.

The writing and creativity of the story are wonderful. I like the inventive last names of the characters and the new words the author created makes this a fun read.

The illustrations are bright and cheerful.
AMY
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
72 pages. This is a very cute story about a little owl named Eva who is in charge of the flower festival. It is cleverly done. It has been a very popular series at my school. Highly recommended for girls in grades 4-5.
Krista
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My youngest daughter read this aloud to me. She loved the first book about teamwork, trust, and having fun. We will be moving on in the series. The cute owl illustrations are so adorable. Good young reader series.
Bethany
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great message for young people connected to this book. Loved it for beginner readers.
RPL Children's Library
The book was awesome and great and pretty good!
I liked the book because it was about teamwork. I also liked that Eva and I had a lot in common.
Cindy Coons
Great first chapter book for my daughter!
Chris
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j, life, illustrated
Colorful and appealing are adjectives that describe both the illustrations and the character. And while Eva is pleasant from the start, she learns over the course of this brief story that she has room to grow into someone even more pleasant. A book with high appeal for young readers that is done well.
Turrean
Cute illustrations and readable text for kids just beginning to pick up chapter books. Silly puns on owls aside, this one's a hoot.
Bella
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book. The reason that they help each other makes me feel really good. I can't wait to read the next book. I love the festival I wish they did this at my house.
Terri
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very basic. Strong book for a beginning chapter book reader.
Craig Carlson
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome because it’s nice to see friends helping. Addy Carlson (7)
Jasmine
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this edition of I READ IT PURELY FOR THE CUTE BECAUSE I DIDN'T CARE THIS IS A NOVEL FOR 3 YEAR OLDS WHEN THERE IS AN ADORABLE OWL ON THE FRONT OF IT, I end up with a cutesy mini graphic novel about an owlette learning that teamwork is important.

official rating: A- - A book that may have not been perfect on all accounts or to my level but I thoroughly enjoyed it and the flaws just didn't matter to me. It could also be a rating I give to a book that I know is far below my age level yet I enjoy
Becky B
Eva is bored, but a comment from her best friend Lucy gives her an idea. She's going to create the Bloomtastic Festival with four contests to celebrate the beginning of spring. She gets her teacher's approval and her plans all in place, but as the festival gets closer and closer Eva just can't get all of the stuff on her to-do list done. Will the Bloomtastic Festival be an utter failure, or will Eva realize the wisdom of some advice she was given?

This is the perfect read for the little overachie
Nancy Kotkin
A delightful series for early readers. Eva is likable, creative, and curious. Themes explored in this series include making and maintaining friendships, gaining independence, and managing responsibility. Fun and relevant stories for the targeted age group.

These books can be used as independent readers or as classroom materials. They are also short enough to be read aloud in small groups. Each volume contains comprehension questions at the back of the book. Eva is always making crafts and launchi
Julie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
I know that kids' books are not intended (usually) for an adult, but I wonder if even kids who read this are going wonder what Eva is thinking when she tries to do everything for the festival herself, despite her teacher telling her straightforwardly that it's a lot of work and she should get some help. Either they'll think they're smart for figuring out Eva's issue before she does, or they'll wonder how Eva could be so dense.

The format is cute and the illustrations are colorful, but the plot of
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Hybrid almost graphic novel style beginning chapterbook going into my readers advisory rotation for beginning chapter books. This will be especially good for kids who are interested in Dork Dairies or Wimpy Kid but are too young for them. Will probably primarily appeal to girls. Full illustrations in color. Super cute. The story and the characters are appealing, but fun and safe and great for those 6 to 8 year olds navigating more independence and more complex social relationships as those are t ...more
Nora
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
As much as I dislike all the pink and the cutsie activities Eva the owl enjoys (she tries on different outfits, and makes a bracelet!!), I have to say this series is marketing genius for early readers. Scholastic really knows kids. Owl Diaries has a diary format, TONS of color illustrations, and is a really accessible story. And it isn't horrible, although I prefer some other Branches series over this one.
Ariana
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book shows that owls have a mind of there own! They are talented cute and of course fuzzy! Eva is a girl who wants to share her love with the world and look out for the other books because I will! Read how Eva does a wonderful entry in her diary!

4.5
Kathryn
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a nice book for some of my readers who are working with easier text because it has that diary format that many of the popular chapter book series have - which is both appealing, and a good introduction to that way of telling a story.
Jocelin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by Rebecca Elliott! This is a great way for emerging young readers to get involved with simple chapter books. The stories are easy to read and the illustrations are colorful and lively. This series is a keeper. Eva is a little cutie!
Billie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the better early, early chapter book series. It's a simple, sweet story with a good lesson that doesn't get bop-you-on-the-head message-y. And the illustrations are super-adorable. (Except for the shoes. I'm a little weirded out by the owls wearing shoes, much less shoes with heels.)
Jess
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute little grade 1-2 reading book. Is in the form of a very early chapter book about Eva, the owlet who plans a class spring festival to celebrate spring.
Brooke M
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tammy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This is a cute and easy beginning chapter book filled with adorable illustrations and a good story.
Beth
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
Very cute! I think a lot of beginning chapter book readers will really enjoy this book. It has bright colors, puns, and a good message.
Lauren
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute! Love the colorful illustrations and the fun, bubbly premise. Great for early early readers who love bright, happy things.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club, #1)
  • The Princess in Black (The Princess in Black, #1)
  • Heidi Heckelbeck Has a Secret
  • Ivy and Bean
  • Moldylocks and the Three Beards (Princess Pink and the Land of Fake Believe, #1)
  • Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1)
  • Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)
  • Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth (Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #1)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go
  • Pug Blasts Off (Diary of a Pug #1)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly, #1)
  • The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party (The Princess in Black, #2)
  • Trouble at Trident Academy
  • The Princess in Black Takes a Vacation (The Princess in Black #4)
  • The School Is Alive! (Eerie Elementary #1)
  • Mercy Watson to the Rescue
  • The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde (The Princess in Black, #3)
  • The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare (The Princess in Black #6)
Rebecca Elliott is the author and illustrator of the best-selling Owl Diaries series (Scholastic US) & over 20 picture books including Just Because, Sometimes, Naked Trevor and Zoo Girl, for which she was nominated for the 2012 Kate Greenaway Medal.
Her new series The Unicorn Diaries (Scholastic US) & her first YA novel 'Pretty Funny ' (Penguin Random House) are out now.

Owl Diaries (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Warm Hearts Day (Owl Diaries, #5)
  • Baxter is Missing (Owl Diaries, #6)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • Eva and the Lost Pony: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #8)
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)
  • Eva and Baby Mo: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #10)
  • The Trip to the Pumpkin Farm: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #11)

News & Interviews