Start by marking “Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)

Eva's Treetop Festival

(Owl Diaries #1)

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!

Eva Wingdale gets in over her head when she offers to organize a s
Published January 6th 2015 by Scholastic Inc.

Tim The Enchanter
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sydney-s-reads
This is the review of my 7 year old Daughter, Sydney.

Who is in this story: This story a Eva and Lucy the owls. They are really the only characters in the story.

Where does it take place: Most of the story takes place at Eva's house which is in a house. Some of the story also takes place at Eva's school.

What is the story about: The Story is about Eva who lives in Treetop 11. She likes lots of fun things like colorings, crafts and clothes. (Things that I also like). She has family and pet Bat named
Robyn Gail
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Josiah
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A young owl's diary is a cute concept for an early chapter book, and Rebecca Elliott's story and artwork do it justice. Eva Wingdale is a colorful little owl who loves creative design, trying on pretty outfits, and spending time with her friend Lucy Beakman, who lives in the next tree over. Eva has a family like any kid, including a brother, Humphrey, whom she isn't always happy with. She attends school, does homework, and clashes with her frenemy Sue Clawson, who frequently exasperates her in ...more
Krista
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My youngest daughter read this aloud to me. She loved the first book about teamwork, trust, and having fun. We will be moving on in the series. The cute owl illustrations are so adorable. Good young reader series.
Bethany
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great message for young people connected to this book. Loved it for beginner readers.
Terri
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very basic. Strong book for a beginning chapter book reader.
Kristy Ledford
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
My daughter has been reading this to me. They are a quick read, even for children, as it’s written in diary form so sentences are short and not many on a page. This is motivating to my daughter, who after a long school day and after school activities would rather do anything but read. This series is fun and light hearted and is good fluency and comprehension practice for a first or second grader.
Lana Jackson
Eva wants to do all the work for the Treetop Festival, but eventually learns the value of teamwork.

The writing and creativity of the story are wonderful. I like the inventive last names of the characters and the new words the author created makes this a fun read.

The illustrations are bright and cheerful.
Chris
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j, illustrated, life
Colorful and appealing are adjectives that describe both the illustrations and the character. And while Eva is pleasant from the start, she learns over the course of this brief story that she has room to grow into someone even more pleasant. A book with high appeal for young readers that is done well.
AMY
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grades 4-5
72 pages. This is a very cute story about a little owl named Eva who is in charge of the flower festival. It is cleverly done. It has been a very popular series at my school. Highly recommended for girls in grades 4-5.
RPL Children's Library
The book was awesome and great and pretty good!
I liked the book because it was about teamwork. I also liked that Eva and I had a lot in common.
Bella
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book. The reason that they help each other makes me feel really good. I can't wait to read the next book. I love the festival I wish they did this at my house.
Turrean
Cute illustrations and readable text for kids just beginning to pick up chapter books. Silly puns on owls aside, this one's a hoot.
Tammy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This is a cute and easy beginning chapter book filled with adorable illustrations and a good story.
Becky B
Eva is bored, but a comment from her best friend Lucy gives her an idea. She's going to create the Bloomtastic Festival with four contests to celebrate the beginning of spring. She gets her teacher's approval and her plans all in place, but as the festival gets closer and closer Eva just can't get all of the stuff on her to-do list done. Will the Bloomtastic Festival be an utter failure, or will Eva realize the wisdom of some advice she was given?

This is the perfect read for the little overachie
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Hybrid almost graphic novel style beginning chapterbook going into my readers advisory rotation for beginning chapter books. This will be especially good for kids who are interested in Dork Dairies or Wimpy Kid but are too young for them. Will probably primarily appeal to girls. Full illustrations in color. Super cute. The story and the characters are appealing, but fun and safe and great for those 6 to 8 year olds navigating more independence and more complex social relationships as those are t ...more
Nora
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
As much as I dislike all the pink and the cutsie activities Eva the owl enjoys (she tries on different outfits, and makes a bracelet!!), I have to say this series is marketing genius for early readers. Scholastic really knows kids. Owl Diaries has a diary format, TONS of color illustrations, and is a really accessible story. And it isn't horrible, although I prefer some other Branches series over this one.
Ariana
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book shows that owls have a mind of there own! They are talented cute and of course fuzzy! Eva is a girl who wants to share her love with the world and look out for the other books because I will! Read how Eva does a wonderful entry in her diary!

4.5
Jocelin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series by Rebecca Elliott! This is a great way for emerging young readers to get involved with simple chapter books. The stories are easy to read and the illustrations are colorful and lively. This series is a keeper. Eva is a little cutie!
Kathryn
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a nice book for some of my readers who are working with easier text because it has that diary format that many of the popular chapter book series have - which is both appealing, and a good introduction to that way of telling a story.
Brooke M
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tin Cheung
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-chapter
A cute elementary "realistic" fiction story about an ambitious owl student who wants to put on a spring festival at school. Love the bird twist that they put on things.
Lauren
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute! Love the colorful illustrations and the fun, bubbly premise. Great for early early readers who love bright, happy things.
Beth
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
Very cute! I think a lot of beginning chapter book readers will really enjoy this book. It has bright colors, puns, and a good message.
Jess
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute little grade 1-2 reading book. Is in the form of a very early chapter book about Eva, the owlet who plans a class spring festival to celebrate spring.
Paige Patterson
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Eva's Treetop Festival

Author: Rebecca Elliott

Illustrator: N/A

Genre: Transitional Chapter Book,

Theme(s): Animals – Owl, Diary, School, Friends,

Opening line/sentence: Hello Diary, My name is Eva Wingdale.

Brief Book Summary: This book is about an owl named Eva who is planning a treetop festival and writes about it in her diary. She has some great ideas, but thinks she is able to plan the festival all by herself. It’s not until the day before the festival the Eva realizes that it’s okay and
zapkode
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, paperback
{My thoughts} – I have been seeing these books in the scholastic catalogs for quite some time. I have always had an interest in diary like books. I decided to request the most recent through scholastic which at this time is book 7. When I received it I flipped through it to see how it was made.

The things I liked right away were the simple graphics, the bright colors and the child like diary structure. Of course, once I’d decided I liked the book I had to buy the previous six.

Onto my review of bo
Kaeli Leget
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Citation: Ellitott, R. (2016). Eva's Treetop Festival. Scholastic.

Summary: The book Eva’s Treetop Festival follows a young owl named Eva Wingdale. This little owl wants to plan a spring festival for her Elementary school. When Eva brought the idea up to the teacher, Miss Featherbottom, she said that it was a “fabulous idea.” However, her teacher stated that they will have the festival a week from that day since spring was coming. Under pressure, Eva wonders how she’s going to get it done by nex
Goshen PL Childrens
This early chapter book is good for readers that want a light, fluffier read. The illustrations are cute but I found Eva kind of annoying. Then, I had to remind myself what a 2nd grade version of myself would have thought of Eva and her troubles. Doing this I saw what would appeal to 2nd grade me. Eva isn't quick to ask for help and wants to have fun. She's afraid of disappointing others and worries about what others will think if she fails at her goal of the festival. Basically, she has fears e ...more
Sarah S
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
  • The Story of Diva and Flea
  • Princess Posey and the Next-Door Dog (Princess Posey, #3)
  • Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club, #1)
  • Lulu and the Duck in the Park (Lulu, #1)
  • The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party (The Princess in Black, #2)
  • Dory Fantasmagory
  • The Halloween Goblin (Pixie Tricks #4)
  • Tales of Bunjitsu Bunny (Bunjitsu Bunny #1)
  • Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever (Bink & Gollie, #3)
  • Hello, Nebulon! (Galaxy Zack, #1)
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo, #1)
  • Let's Get Cracking! (Kung Pow Chicken #1)
  • Starring Jules: As Herself (Starring Jules, #1)
  • Kiki: My Stylish Life (Lotus Lane, #1)
  • The Haunted Library (The Haunted Library #1)
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • Piper Green and the Fairy Tree (Piper Green, #1)
  • Picture Day (Missy's Super Duper Royal Deluxe, #1)
Rebecca Elliott is the author and illustrator of the best-selling Owl Diaries series (Scholastic US) & over 20 picture books including Just Because, Sometimes, Naked Trevor and Zoo Girl, for which she was nominated for the 2012 Kate Greenaway Medal.
Her new series The Unicorn Diaries (Scholastic US) & her first YA novel 'Pretty Funny for a Girl' (Penguin Random House) is due out 2020.

Owl Diaries (9 books)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Warm Hearts Day (Owl Diaries, #5)
  • Baxter is Missing (Owl Diaries, #6)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • Eva and the Lost Pony: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #8)
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)