Start by marking “A todos los chicos de los que me enamoré (A todos los chicos de los que me enamoré, #1)” as Want to Read:

A todos los chicos de los que me enamoré

(To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  357,886 ratings  ·  33,762 reviews
Lara Jean guarda sus cartas de amor en una caja. No son cartas que le hayan enviado, las ha escrito ella, una por cada chico de los que se ha enamorado. En ellas se muestra tal cual es, porque sabe que nadie las leerá.

Hasta que un día alguien las envía por equivocación y la vida amorosa de Lara Jean pasa de «imaginaria » a estar totalmente fuera de control.
Published June 10th 2014 by Destino (first published April 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A todos los chicos de los que me enamoré, please sign up.
Bethany Davis The ending was so incredibly disappointing simply because the entire book lead up to that moment and it just ended
Foxrue I agree! ^^ I kind of don't understand how people can say Lara Jean is too childish and didn't mature enough throughout the book ... I mean she is…moreI agree! ^^ I kind of don't understand how people can say Lara Jean is too childish and didn't mature enough throughout the book ... I mean she is kind of innocent but that's just because she wouldn't know any other way... with just one good (girl)friend and always being around her innocent sisters and her dad. And I also think she did mature, she got Kitty to help in the house and she did manage the family similar to how Margot did. Obviously not as perfect, she still struggled with a lot but she tried and improved. I really loved this book! <3(less)

·  357,886 ratings  ·  33,762 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
There are certain lines that you do not cross, and coveting your beloved sister's ex-boyfriend is one of them. That's why this book made me gag a little.

This book was purposeless. There was no ending. There was no romance. There was no character growth (and the main character was pretty dumb to begin with). I don't usually read contemporary YA novels, but when I do, I have certain expectations. I want sweetness, I want a character that matures, and I want some really cute romance. Yeah. Me. Want
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
If I wrote this book it would go a little something like this:
To all the boys I've loved before...
Fuck You.
C.G. Drews
REREAD #2: February 2018
So I absolutely frikkin ADORED this book when I first read it and proceeded to order book 2 immediately and then wait in agony for it to arrive. And then (remember: SO MUCH AGONY)...I proceeded to not read it. Because my ship. My ship. Anyway I went ahead and forgot the whole thing so that's great of me. I'm only now rereading it because I own the second two books and intend to read them soon.

SOMEONE HOLD ME TO IT OMG or I'll just keep rereading this one until my heart ex
Miranda Reads
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, ya-series
description

My letters are for when I don't want to be in love anymore. They're for good-bye. Because after I write in my letter, I'm not longer consumed by my all-consuming love...My letters set me free.
Lara Jean has had plenty of crushes. Plenty.

And she's fallen in and out of love with said crushes without them ever knowing.
Her secret to getting over a crush is to write them a letter -
Emily May
May 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Blurb: Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.

The Reality: Privileged, boring, 16-year-old girl (whose "voice" sounds closer to 12) feels sorry for herself because her sister's boyfriend doesn't want her. Until he does. Conclusion? There is none. Just a lot of faffing about, moronically pining, and an inconclusive non-ending.

2014 Contemporary YA sucks. So many books I'
Raeleen Lemay
Well... That was disappointing.

I absolutely could not stand Lara Jean's voice. She sounded like a child, even though she's 16 years old. STOP. She also cried any time something mildly unfortunate happened, and that got old real fast.

I fail to see how any of the romance in this book was cute. There are two love interests, and both of them were horrible. I wasn't rooting for either of them at all.

ALSO, the letters, which I thought would be a big part of the story, were really only used as somethin
Zoë
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Reread in August 2018
This was so much cuter than I remember! Though I still have some of the problems with the book that I had the first time I read it (basically, it just annoyed me that she called her dad Daddy - though I did the same thing up until I was like 13? Why am I so judgmental?), it was a very enjoyable experience. It was even more enjoyable since it was a reread in preparation for watching the Netflix original! Though I haven't seen it yet, I had the actors in mind the entire t
Maria
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

I need to talk about something here. By the time I'm writing this review, I have read the entire trilogy. I finished it under three days because, you know, I had nothing better to do these da
Regan
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
I read this in a day. SO CUTE.

Follows a girl called Lara Jean and through her life she has written letters to all the boys she has loved in her past, she keeps these letters safely tucked away from the word. However, one day she finds they are gone, her letters have been sent out, and everyone she has ever loved now knows. Including her older sisters ex-boyfriend. This story follows Lara Jean as she struggles with her relationship with her older sister and her past loves.

It had so many levels,
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
(3.75?) With the movie coming out soon, I decided to finally pick this book up. It's a YA contemporary with a romance so really it's not my usual genre but I've been a bit in a slump and needed a pick me up.

This was perfect for it! Lara Jean has loved 5 boys in her life and has written to each of a them a love letter that she hid before moving on. One day they are all sent and she has to deal with the consequences.

This was cute! It's all about family, relationships and getting out of your comfor
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
I was extremely shocked when I started reading this book. The intention was to read the first paragraph and if I didn’t feel like it I would pick another book. I couldn’t stop. I read the first sentence, the first paragraph, the first chapter and that's it, I was not going to stop, it just wasn’t an option anymore. There are few books that will rope you in so completely that you can't help but keep reading, this is definitely one of them. I loved everything about this book, the characters, the s ...more
Chloe
3rd read: May 2019
5 stars. Audiobook.
This was my least favourite re-read of the book as a lot of things annoyed me. I no longer consider this a favourite book of all time, but I still absolutely love this book and it will always mean a lot to me.

2nd read: November-December 2018
5 stars. Audiobook.
This time around I noticed a few issues I have with it, but I still adore it with all of my heart and it will always mean so much to me. <3

1st read: November-December 2018
5 stars. Physical.
I lo
Warda
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
MOVIE REVIEW:

I loved it!!! (Hello, Peter! 😍)
It was just the goddamn cutest. They captured the feel of the book so perfectly and now I want to reread them again.
I really hope there’s an adaptation for the other two books.
Netflix did good. Highly recommend.

Book review:
This is a great book if you're in the mood for something light and fluffy or in my case, you're trying to get out of a slump.

The voice and tone of the book is young, which does at times, come across as really immature and childish
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, finished-series
“Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?”

To All The Boys I've Loved Before is as quirky and cute as its protagonist.
After the first few pages, I wasn't sure I would finish this book. Everything seemed so picture perfect, so girlie. The way Lara Jean always said "Daddy", how Kitty outwitted any other living nine-year-old, etc. But I'm glad I kept reading, even though the plot wasn't overexciting and very predictable. N
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 8/20/18: Okay so it has to be said: movie Peter > book Peter, and book Josh > movie Josh. However we all know that John Ambrose McClaren >>>>>>>> everyone and that’s the tea

Re-read 4/27/17: I cannot even begin to tell you guys how much joy re-reading this book brought me. I love the Song girls so much. So so so so so so so cute.

Original read 4/26/14: Hands down, my favorite Jenny Han book. I loved the writing and the fashion and the boys and the FOOD hahah
Nat
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Returning To the Starting Point: My (Book)Spoilery Review of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

“You'd rather make up a fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.”

Knowing this book would be waiting for me upon completing Always and Forever, Lara Jean made it a bittersweet reading experience, revisiting where it all started.

*slowly turns into a fan-page for the TATBILB series.*

I took a bit of an odd journey with this series, what with watching the Netflix adaption firs
emma
This was...fine.

-----

FULL SERIES REVIEW: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

-----

Like...it didn’t take a long time to read. It was fun sometimes. Significantly less fun at others. Good characters, bad characters, couldn’t-care-less-will-forget-their-names-ASAP-could-you-BE-any-flatter characters. It was just a very eh read this time around.

Well, I can say a lot. This is me we’re talking about, guys. You could hand me a sewing machine instruction manua
jessica
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i wish could take the all of the warm fluffy feels of this book and fashion them into a cosy jumper to comfort my soul for the rest of my days. this was just too adorable for its own good. definitely cheesy, but its the kind of cheesy that makes your stomach flutter. how i wish my teenage years had been a YA contemporary novel - i would have died to have my own peter. oh, be still my swooning heart. <3

4 stars
Jessica
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread in June 2015 for my Goodreads group readalong! Loved it just as much the second time!

1st read:
SO CUTE.
I loved the Song sister's relationship! Can't wait for book two! I didn't realize at first that there were going to be more and I was so sad that this book was over :(

Keep watching for my full review! PLUS a giveaway is coming soon near you soon!! *wink wink*
Ashley Nuckles
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread for the reading rush 2019: I definitely stand by my solid four star rating because it was cute but wowowowow that ending sucked. Like how do you build all that tension and then literally just leave it like that? (I realize I’m describing a cliffhanger, but it feels different than that lol, this just feels like the story is unfinished)

It’s times like these I’m very glad to already have Book #2 because IM STARTING IT RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND TO CONTINUE THE STORY
enqi ☁️✨ kell maresh lovesite
all i have to say is: let me warn you about peter kavinsky. he's the kind of boy who's sarcastic and witty and amused all the time and who is actually the tiniest cinnamon roll on the planet. also his smile is dangerously cute and you will swoon and you will want to have his babies but you will be in for a huge disappointment. because he is mine.
Whitney Atkinson
This book was so dramatic and childish that I just could not enjoy it. Lara Jean's plan was so foolish and the love triangle in this was so irritating that I found myself craving the scenes that focused on family rather than relationships. I gave this book some stars though because I listened to it on audiobook in two sittings and it was rather addicting, even though I hated Peter and the ending was a bit of a let-down. You might like this if you're into dramatic, cheesy YA books about jealousy ...more
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 8/2/2014: Marking this down to one star. My original 3-star review can be found below.

Let's kick off this review with a little music:

Look at me, I'm Lara Jean!
Lousy at figuring out mysteries
Won't drive a car unless I absolutely have to
I can't! I'm Lara Jean!

Watch it! Hey, I'm Miss Goody Two-shoes
I was not brought up that way
Scandalized by
Peter cheating off a quiz
Because cheating is so wrooooong.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is our protagonist. The girl whose head we have to live in for 288 pa
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
3.5 Stars

”It's not like in the movies. It's better, because it's real.”

Does this need introduction at this point??

description

Pros:

- Asian FMC! And she’s allowed to be soft and tough and everything in between!
- Lucas is precious and deserves all the ascots he wants.
- Peter Kavinsky comes over and helps Lara Jean bake cupcakes while she’s in her sweats. Need me a freak like that.

description

- It’s actually an inventive take on the fake dating trope.
- There’s this whole thing about growing up and learning to say g
Brianna H
This sounds adorable!

And looks pretty adorable too!

Larry H
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

Lara Jean has written five love letters. There is one letter for every boy she's ever fallen in love with, however brief the infatuation. But she never sent any of the letters to the objects of her affection—she saves them in one of her most prized possessions, a teal hatbox her mother gave her before she died.

"They're not love letters in the strictest sense of the word. My letters are for when I don't want to be in love anymore. They're for goodbye. Because after I w
Taschima
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was actually super engaging. I loved the main character, her navigation through her crushes and past loves, and her family!

Full review to come.

Old Update:

I love this title. Like, really love it. It's just, we all have boys we have loved before so it resonates. Plus it sounds like quite a beginning to an awesome letter to all your past loves about why it didn't quite work out. We can only hope for a very juicy/scandalous explanation.

sam  {Multi Dreamer}⚔
4.25⭐

If you've read my review of Geekerella by Ashley Poston then you probably already know that I was never a huge fan of contemporary novels. In fact I used to despise the genre as a whole and to be honest I don't know why. After reading this book I kind of grasped at the reason why people enjoy this genre so much because, much to my surprise, I have too.

“It's not like in the movies. It's better, because it's real.”
This book follows Lara Jean who, as your average high school teenager, ten
Teodora
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the lightest book I've read in a while and all I can say is that I enjoyed it very much. Lara Jean is the perfect example for all the good and kind-hearted girls out there. I don't say that in an offensive way. No. She really is a good girl, making her own way through high school life and love life, innocent and genuine as she is starting to leave behind her childhood and find a bridge towards adulthood.
Lara Jean teaches us an important lesson, even though it is not that obvious at fir

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Famous Last Words
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
  • My Faire Lady
  • Where'd You Go, Bernadette
  • Speak
  • Pointe
  • Second Chance Summer
  • #scandal
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • A Mad, Wicked Folly
  • Golden

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (3 books)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
“When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.” 1273 likes
“Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That's the part of the risk. I don't want to be scared anymore.” 1054 likes