Start by marking “The Ex Lottery” as Want to Read:
The Ex Lottery

The Ex Lottery

A WOMAN WITH A POT OF GOLD.
AN IRISHMAN WITH A DRAGON'S CASTLE.
AND THREE EX-BOYFRIENDS.

THE EX LOTTERY, winner of three 1st Place Contemporary Romance Awards, is a modern fairy tale about a lonely art teacher who is unlucky in love, but lucky in numbers. Three times Tory Adams has loved, and three times her heart has been broken. On a whim, she buys a lottery ticket using
Paperback, 1, 334 pages
Published May 19th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Ex Lottery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ex Lottery

Start your review of The Ex Lottery
Hollie
So sweet...nice easy romantic read

Ok this book did not feel realistic. It was pretty far fetched. Also.the sex scenes were quite PG...still I liked this book a lot. It had an insta-love feel sure, but if you are looking for a charming, easy going light romance this one certainly do the trick. Perfect.beach read
Delilah Frost
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5

I really liked this story. It was fun and magical and a very easy read.

I enjoyed all of the characters, even if the exes did start to get on my nerves a little, but overall, I really liked everyone.

Tory was great. She had moments where she seemed a bit wishy-washy, but for the most part, I really liked her. I enjoyed how she picked her numbers, I loved how she was a real character who just because she got lucky in finances, she didn't just change who she was overnight. She was still learning
Jess the Audiobookworm
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 AudiobookThree things drew me to The Ex Lottery: 1) The cover. This looks like the cover of a NYT Bestseller. 2) The narrator. Eva Kaminsky is ahh-mazing, but I’ll tell you more about that later. 3) The premise. This was the biggest draw. Kim Sanders has thought up an entirely original basis for a story. It was one that I couldn’t resist, even though I’m not typically that fond of the romance genre.

The Ex Lottery wound up being just the lighthearted adventure that I needed after all of the
Lisa Mandina
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What else can I say, except that I LOVED this book! I mean, it has been a dream of mine for a while to run away to Ireland, to meet the man of my dreams. And that isn't exactly what the plot of this story is, but it definitely has some aspects that are along that same idea. At first it took me a bit to get into, just because the character was getting ready to go to Ireland, and hadn't left yet. I know that set-up was needed, but if I'd been reading instead of listening, I'd have skimmed through ...more
Jesikah Sundin
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, or romance for that matter. However, I fell in love with this book! I couldn't put it down. Read the entire book in one day.

Tory and Shane were such fun characters and their romance was intense and beautiful. Plus, Ireland. Yes, the majority of the book takes place in Ireland, outside of Dublin and along the Irish Sea. The descriptions were pure magic.

I loved how strong Tory realized she was as the story progressed. Not that she was a "new" person,
M.E. Carter
Y'all that cover is totally kick a**.

And now I want to go to Ireland.

And win the lottery.
Katherine Paschal
Visit me at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/

After being fed up with getting her heart broken, on a whim Tori plays the lottery using the days she has been broken up with- and wins! She becomes a hermit to avoid all the attention, especially the marriage proposals, a result of the interview she unknowingly gave where she confessed how she picked her numbers. Due to a promise made with her beloved dying grandmother, she is now on her way to Ireland, the place where her grandmother found love.
Jessica
Feb 19, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018, audio-books
I was drawn to this book for several reasons. The Description of the book sounded amazing. The cover is gorgeous. The author is new to me, which is always a plus in my book. I love discovering new authors works! I felt that the romance in this book was intense and Tory and Shane were great characters! The descriptions of Ireland and Dublin really made me want to go there, in a bad way. I've always wanted to go to Ireland, but more so now after reading this authors descriptions of the book!Eva ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
One unlucky in love art school teacher, $600 millions dollars, Ireland, a castle, a dragon, and a story that gave her hope there was something more for her and her dreams. Tory never dreamed that her bad luck with men would be the key to her future and her fortune. She never dreamed that her grandmother would sell the only home she had ever known and loved. She never expected to be truly going across the world, to a castle that had been a part of her life since she could remember. She never ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A witty and entertaining story!

The Ex Lottery was an enjoyable, fun and easy to read romantic adventure. An entertaining plot that will have you laughing aloud while cheering on the main characters. The characters are relatable and realistic. Kim Sanders has a creative style of writing that is easy to follow and enjoy. A fresh and unique plot that forms an enjoyable book!

Eva Kaminsky did a great job with the narration. She has a clear and crisp voice that was easy to follow.
Donnell Bell
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Imagine a woman who looks for romantic signs in everything, and uses these for the basis of a relationship. The result, she is excellent at getting dumped and in the most abrupt and most painful ways. Now imagine this woman, an elementary school teacher and artist, who is genuinely a great person, winning upwards of $250 million dollars in the lottery. Turns out, men no longer want to dump her; she's receiving proposals out of the woodwork and cyberspace. Kim Sanders creates a wonderful story ...more
LAKristy
Well written, well edited stand-alone story, although one of the four men in the story doesn't seem to get his happy ending, and I'm really rooting for another story about him.

This was an original story about a Southern girl who decides to use the worst three days of her life as the inspiration for her lottery ticket selections -- and wins. That, combined with a promise to her grandmother sets her journey to Ireland on a quest for dragons, faeries, castles, and so much more.

The author has a
LaKeisha
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Received through Goodreads First Reads

A lighthearted & fun read with just a hint of paranormal.

This is the first book I've read about a hot Irishman since forever that wasn't a historical romance. I forgot how sexy an Irish brogue sounds when reading. This is one of the things I fell in love with when I started reading romances.

Before I started reading this I thought the heroine was going to have to decide which ex she ended up with until I read Shane was added to the mix. So out of all the
Sallie Brown
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully romantic book.

I just loved this book. I read it at a recommendation of a friend and I'm so glad I did. The heroine was delightful, smart, vulnerable and southern. So many of us dream of castles on far away shores. The book had just the right amount of spice too. There were twists and turns and you just kept rooting for Tory. I loved the "ex's" too. I think we can all remember at least one of them from our past. I'm so glad I read this book and look forward to more.
Christine
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for free via a Goodreads giveaway.

The Ex Lottery was a light hearted read that offered some great, entertaining moments. Tory is a wonderful character, a woman who embodies some of the things that all of us would like to do...follow our hearts and just go for it! I really enjoyed the twists and turns of who the characters were at the ned of the book. Perfect way to close off this story!
 Sandra
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written very enjoyable story. I can't say when I have enjoyed a contemporary romance so much. The story flows from the writers hand with
fun, confusion, adventure and love that make the story shine. I love the premise of this book but you will have to read it to find out what I mean. I highly recommend this book for a great summer read.
Dayna Kidle
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a very enjoyable read. :) The characters were appealing and the story had a great flow to it. It was fun, adventurous, and romantic. I won this book from a Good Reads First Reads giveaway and I was sooo excited to have won! Thanks for the great book!!
Michelle Ella
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hea, incredible
This book was awesome. I loved how it weaved different aspects in and out of the book and the ending was just phenomenal. I will be thinking about this book and how much I loved it every time that I see it come up and I will be looking forward to reading more by Kim Sanders.
Nancie
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story!

5 stars all the way! This was an excellent book. I loved the characters, the premise, and the romance. I was up until 2am reading to the end and I don't regret a moment!
Kathy Jund
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars!! Loved this story!Magic, tragedy, comedy and underneath it all love!
Donna Riegel
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting story. She uses the dates she broke up with her
boyfriends and wins the lottery. Good story.
Janette  plaza fowler
True love

this was a simple story about Destiny. True love in its most significant role in a women's life. A quick read that warms your heart.
Kerryn Reid
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kerryn by: Chanticleer award winner
Two wealthy but lonely people find love on the Emerald Isle. Very well written, with engaging protagonists and some delightful supporting actors. The exes are a hoot!
Julie Hodges
I really enjoyed this romance novel. Kim is an excellent author!
Rachel
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's a lighthearted, fun read that's so easy to get lost in. The characters are engaging and fun, and the plot is every girl's dream. I'd recommend it to everyone!
Alicia
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book! The setting was absolutely beautiful.
Andrea Heltsley
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
This was a fun book. I really liked the story and look forward to reading more by this author.
SandyL
I really enjoyed this book - it had great characters and a fresh angle. Tory Adams has won a bit lottery and has bought an Irish castle that her grandmother told her stories about. She's anxious to get out of the country after a reporter publishes a story about how Tory used the dates her ex-boyfriends broke up with her to pick the winning numbers. And, when she arrives in Ireland, she finds all three of those said exes looking for her! Shane McKenzie is intrigued by the beautiful woman sitting ...more
Nina Silva
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Story
Unlucky in love, Tori Adams finds herself lucky with numbers and walks away with a $600 million lottery jackpot. Now she has admirers and proposals swarming at an alarming rate. She needs a break from all the unwanted attention and so her best friend Emma persuades her to stick to the plan of taking a trip to Ireland and buying the castle of her dreams.
Although she's never visited, Ireland has always been a part of Tori. Her grandmother met and fell in love with her grandfather there.
Kelly
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this through Goodread's first reads so thanks.

After winning the lottery with the numbers picked by the dates her ex-boyfriends dumped her Tory Adams decides to move to Ireland to start afresh, but little does she know her past is not as far behind heras she thinks. Full of laughs, even if at times it did seem a little unrealistic but still a fab read, definitely worth a look.
Kim Sanders was born and raised in the South and currently lives in South Carolina with her husband. Sanders received a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina and a doctor of law degree from Emory University. Over the years, she has worked as a journalist, a photographer, an editor, and an attorney. After winning sixth place in a Writer’s Digest short story contest, ...more