Start by marking “Los Últimos días de Jesús” as Want to Read:
Los Últimos días de Jesús

Los Últimos días de Jesús

(The Last Days Series)

Two thousand years ago, Jesus walked across Galilee; everywhere he traveled he gained followers. His contemporaries are familiar historical figures: Julius Caesar, Caesar Augustus, Herod the Great, Pontius Pilate. It was an era of oppression, when every man, woman, and child answered to the brutal rule of Rome. In this world, Jesus lived, and in this volatile political and ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Los Últimos días de Jesús, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Los Últimos días de Jesús

Kelly
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have preferred to given the book 3.5 stars, yet could not bring myself to give it 4. What I liked: the easy to read format enriched with informative illustrations, maps, and historical timelines. The author described the culture, regional lifestyles, religious beliefs, and political issues of the time period very well. What I didn't like: though a Catholic, the author didn't use a Catholic translation of the Bible for reference. He said that Jesus died in 36 AD, which is not correct. Mar ...more
Donna-Marie O'Boyle
Engaging, educational, historical and unapologetic—in The Last Days of Jesus, with no holds barred, Bill O’Reilly as an investigative historian tells the story of the person of Jesus and the struggle of good versus evil in this book for youth. Positively worth reading.
Dann
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A companion to/re-edited version of the bestseller Killing Jesus, The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times is a compelling historical biography. Taking a focused look at the life and death of Jesus of Nazareth, author Bill O’Reilly follows Jesus’ traditional Jewish upbringing and revolutionary ministry. He also provides some background to the Roman occupation of Judea and its rulers. And, O’Reilly does an extraordinary job at humanizing the historical figures by adding in little details that ...more
Thomas Hardy
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book starts at the point just before the last super. Jesus is gathered with the 12. what i liked is that it is historically correct even though i had thought (prior to reading) that the other would have changed some events. it was very well set up with the chapters begining and ending in good places. i would recomend this to those who are interested in the last days christ.
Linda Anderson
This book seems to be a copy of Killing Jesus except photos and artwork have been added. I did not see much new materials here from the book with Martin Dugard -

Makes me wonder what is going on: (1) Did O'Reilly republish the prior book and drop Martin Dugard for some reason? What would reason be? Seems like it should logically be a violation of copyright.

(2) Did O'Reilly want to appeal to the public who love pictures these days?

(3) Did O'Reilly need more money? That would be hard to believe.
PWRL
Jul 05, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Keith Lovell
Overall an easy historic perspective , the title is somewhat misleading is over half the book that was his early life.
Donna Smith
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: high-school
If you have ever been curious about Jesus and wondered about his life (and death) either historically or spiritually or both, this may be the book for you. O'Reilly gives a factual and detailed account of Jesus' final days in the social and cultural context of the time period. If you are already a believer, you will appreciate the historical details. If you are simply wanting to know more about the historical man named Jesus and curious as to why so many people still follow him centuries later, ...more
Ruth Coleman
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book inspired me to dig more deeply into the New Testament for the scriptural accounts of Jesus' life. I loved the illustrations and drawings, especially the middle section with colored pictures of a replica of the Temple Mount in Jesus' day. The author included lots of Jewish and Roman culture of the times, and made it easier to see why Jesus was put to death. Very interesting read!
Robert
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to this book. Once I began, I was sadly disappointed. This book had a ton of hearsay. I didn't know what to actually believe because of all the extra that he threw in. I wish I could have known what was real and what was fictional.
Shaland
Zeke
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative and has much more detail than the Bible
Jean Saba
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YT
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not see the history part, it was the same as reading the bible.
Kaye Steeno
This book takes everything you learned in church and tells it again.
So-so. Doesn’t seem to add a whole lot beyond scriptural account.
Mervyn Cartwright
Any person who has read a commentary on the New Testament will not learn anything new.
Lizzie Jones
I accidentally bought this book instead of O'Reilly's "Killing Jesus" but decided to read it anyway. It is basically the same book anyway, "Killing Jesus" is just a little more detailed in regards to the graphic violence than this book. First off, this isn't a religious book, but O'Reilly admits in the forward that he is a staunch Christian. He wrote this book because Jesus is likely the most famous person ever to live, and he wanted to tell the story of what happened to him. There are parts of ...more
Van Phan
I think this is a great biography books for children. The informational text explores the life and death of Jesus Christ. The final days up to his crucifixion are briefly told and the conflicts that resulted from his death. The lives that he touched and changed brings about path of new changes; global changes. With the age level and grade level for this book, I agree that it’s more suitable for students 10 years old and up or middle school students. I prefer this age/ grade start out level becau ...more
Daniel
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a Christian, I greatly enjoyed O'Reilly's book on Jesus. It's very interesting to me, because it brings an outside perspective apart from the Bible. I think some Christians think that Jesus had a glow or an aura around him everywhere he went, and He was accompanied by angels with harps. But the fact is, he looked like an ordinary man and wouldn't have stood out. The Bible indicates that He wasn't attractive (Is 53:2 - He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance ...more
ms.petra
I was curious about this book because Bill O'Reilly was a history teacher and was educated in Catholic schools from kindergarten thru college. Someone that had no idea about the story of Jesus might find it helpful, but honestly the Bible gives the best account of his life.
Brenda
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like Bill O'Reilly's writing of the greatest story every told. It brought some things back to my mind that I hadn't thought of in a while. While Jesus was being baptized by John the Baptist the people there fell on their knees in praise. In the description of the crown of thorns the plant is described as a tall white shrub with elliptical leaves, small green flowers, and inch-long curving thorns that grow closely together. I have never seen any flowers on the crown. I looked it up on th ...more
Written for kids, this book takes you from the birth of Jesus all the way through to his death on the cross and burial in the tomb. I learned much about the way things were when Jesus walked in this world. It is definitely worth reading. My one disappointment was that the author says the body of Jesus was never found after it was missing in the tomb. He does not mention anything about the resurrection of Jesus. Clearly that is why his body was not "found!" His body is in Heaven because he ascend ...more
Daniel
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easter Monday and I have achieved my goal of completing this book in lieu of my usual Lenten preparations for Easter include watching Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" but this year, I didn't have the time so I read Bill O'Reilly's The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times instead. A quick read, the book almost substitutes for the movie. A story well known by Christians, the book can be read many times.
Matthew Hochstetler
This is a very accessible account of Jesus's life. Though I've read about Jesus's life for many years, this book made me consider new things. I also very much appreciated the historical and cultural context. It's an excellent book.

I only fear that some people will not read it because Bill O'Reilly is the author. For what it's worth, I did not think the book had any sort of agenda. It was straightforward.
Benjamin
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book, easy and quick read. I read this book in a single day, it was captivating to me and had plenty of illustrations and pictures to help you understand a bit more of what he was talking about. I really enjoyed how he kept it more secular in history, that he only really used the Bible as a timeline and everything else was pulled from other historical documents that are used by secular society. Very well done and recommend to all.
Phyllis Lautenschlaeger
Skillfully Written account of the life and times of Jesus

This book was hard to put down. The people of the time were so visually described it was as if I was there. I am not a biblical scholar and have only read the Bible once but this put many things in perspective for me. I felt a part of the times that Jesus walked this. earth.

Megan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
O'Reilly did a good job setting the scene before Jesus birth, introducing, describing and explaining the major characters during his life, and briefly summarizing what happened to those he left behind. I was a little disappointed he did not discuss exactly when Jesus was born. I also would have liked to hear more about his parents during the days before and after his death.
Lori Jensen
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
This book was a bit of a surprise for me-it was better than I expected. It's a basic history of Jesus's life and it's very informative of the political environment of the time. Lots of interesting history included and I really enjoyed the illustrations included. I have not read the book Killing Jesus, also by O'Reilly, but I believe this book is similar but written for a younger audience.
Rodrigo Gruner
The book is not completely fact-based as described by the author in the prologue. He frequently adds information to the story that are clearly fictional (e.g. Characters' reflections and emotions that could not be inferred by the bible or other sources). My opinion is that the book works well as a guide for the stories of the New Testament or a version of it in modern language.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to Manhood
  • George Washington: The Crossing
  • Comrades: Brothers, Fathers, Heroes, Sons, Pals
  • FDR's Folly: How Roosevelt and His New Deal Prolonged the Great Depression
  • Oration on the Dignity of Man
  • Rush Revere and the First Patriots (Adventures with Rush Revere, #2)
  • Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas
  • How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture
  • Orrin Porter Rockwell: Man of God Son of Thunder
  • Reappraisals: Reflections on the Forgotten Twentieth Century
  • Growing Grateful Kids: Teaching Them to Appreciate an Extraordinary God in Ordinary Places
  • Catherine the Great
  • The European Discovery of America, Vol 1: The Northern Voyages, 500-1600
  • The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde
  • The Cokeville Miracle: When Angels Intervene
  • Finding Home: An Imperfect Path to Faith and Family
  • The Faith of Our Fathers
  • The Story Adult Curriculum Participant's Guide: Getting to the Heart of God's Story
Bill O'Reilly's success in broadcasting and publishing is unmatched. The iconic anchor of The O'Reilly Factor led the program to the status of the highest rated cable news broadcast in the nation for sixteen consecutive years. His website BillOReilly.com is followed by millions all over the world.

In addition, he has authored an astonishing 12 number one ranked non-fiction books including the hist

The Last Days Series (5 books)
  • Lincoln's Last Days: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever
  • Kennedy's Last Days: The Assassination That Defined a Generation
  • Hitler's Last Days: The Death of the Nazi Regime and the World's Most Notorious Dictator
  • The Day the President Was Shot: The Secret Service, the FBI, a Would-Be Killer, and the Attempted Assassination of Ronald Reagan (The Last Days Series)
“world’s” 0 likes