Start by marking “The Lost City (Jaguar Stones #4)” as Want to Read:
The Lost City (Jaguar Stones #4)

The Lost City

(Jaguar Stones #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  76 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The epic conclusion to the exciting Jaguar Stones series and a rip-roaring adventure into the heart of North America!

With his parents in jail and the Maya Death Lords in possession of all five Jaguar Stones, fourteen-year-old Max Murphy is pretty sure that he'll never get to leave the rainforest.

But the Lords of Death have a problem--a new king calling himself Great Sun
Published February 10th 2015 by EgmontUSA (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost City

really liked it 4.00  ·

April
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Max and Lola have one last adventure to save the world. Ah Pukuh sends many creatures of Mayan legends after Max to kill him but saves him at the last moment to pretend he is Max's friend. Ah Pukuh tricks Max into involving Lola and then sends them on a quest to find five other Jaguar Stones that have surfaced at Cahokia outside St. Louis. Max, Lola, Lucky and Lord 6 dog use a submarine and a ship of the dead to get to Cahokia. Then there is a game against the death lords in Boston at Fenway.
The
CRM
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Though there was some choppy parts of the story ( Spoiler Alert: kids getting there own hotel rooms, really???) and a few typos, the overall story hits the mark and provides a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Good life lessons are taught and a few fun moments happen. All is good.
Emily
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-books
I think this book was a great ending to the jaguar stones series. I think this book would be for older kids maybe 8 - 13. Its good for both boys and girls and would be great during a fantasy section. I really enjoyed this book and even though I am not too into fantasy books it kept me wrapped in.
Aziz Güzsoy
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!
Lauren
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid ending to the Jaguar Stones series!
Michelle Huss
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Unfortunately, I feel the story "jumped the shark" a bit in this one. I felt that there was a lacking of connection to the Maya mythos in this book, despite the convergence of every Mayan monster imaginable. I enjoyed the little taste of New Orleans and wish we could have explored there longer. I never felt like I received any real historical background on Cahokia, but maybe there isn't all that much known. Overall, a bit disappointed in the finale, as the other books were so rich in Mayan Lore ...more
Patricia Saiki
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alex-series
Maya underworld Lords of Death match up against modern day teens for a action packed series that take readers all over the globe...

Book 4 has the Hero Twins, Max and Lola, dashing around Central America, New Orleans, up the Mississippi and winding up at Fenway Park to play the Greatest Game of all time.

The series is a mix of fact and fiction, for fun reading and opening minds and imaginations.

I started this series with my son when he was 10; he is nearly 12, and has enjoyed the author's sense of
Andres olozagaste
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought that the book was good and very imaginable with what happens in the book. I hate that this series of the Jaguar stones ends with this book . They Made the Mayan monster very imaginable . When i read this book after i was finished i wished that if only they made this book longer than it would be a longer and better book . The Characters made the book come to life in my head . As i kept on reading it felt like i was in their world . this book really knows how to keep the reader engaged .
Lindsey Richard
Great book to round out the series that shows the hunt for the finish to finding the Jaguar Stones. This book, like the rest, contains pictures. It also is full of wonderful adjectives and verbs that students can begin to learn when they read stories like this for the first time. Although the series is fiction, it is full of Maya myths that can become a great discussion for class.
Elaine
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hated to see series end. Not disappointed by twists and turns which seemed to flow naturally. Have put on to read again list. Highly recommend for anyone looking for adventure and a learning experience. Mayan culture is brought to life by authors who care. Read extra material at end of book not just for educational value but understanding.
Ms. Kahn
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
The best book in the series--a lot of fun and great adventure.
Elaine Vickers
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating this one on behalf of my nine year old, who loves this series! Such a great series for keeping kids entertained and engaged (and learning too.)
Jakenv
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art, fantasy, fiction, ya
Only wish book was longer. Grand finale was more than anticipated. Characters were outstanding with story line equal to task of keeping reader engaged.
Darab László
Jan 11, 2016
shahid karim
Aug 26, 2015
Julia
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2017
Sep 20, 2015
Grace
Nov 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Valley of Kings (TombQuest, #3)
  • Steam and Stratagem
  • A Dubious Crime (Colton Banyon Mysteries, #9)
  • Urban Outlaws (Urban Outlaws, #1)
  • The Memory Man
  • Choosing One Moment: A Time Travel Mystery
  • De eerste bron
  • The Burning Tide (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, #4)
  • Iris, Messenger
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy, #3)
  • Murder to Music (Libby Sarjeant #8)
  • Lady Justice and the Vet
  • The Eye of Midnight
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • After Dark
  • Immortal Guardians (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts, #1)

Jaguar Stones (4 books)
  • Middleworld (Jaguar Stones, #1)
  • The End of the World Club (Jaguar Stones, #2)
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)