Start by marking “Un canalla siempre es un canalla (Las reglas de los canallas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Un canalla siempre es un canalla (Las reglas de los canallas, #1)

Un canalla siempre es un canalla (The Rules of Scoundrels #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  26,897 Ratings  ·  2,147 Reviews
Un canalla consigue lo que busca...

Hace una década, el Marqués de Bourne fue repudiado de la sociedad con el único privilegio de su título. Ahora que es socio del más exclusivo club de juego de Londres, el frío y despiadado Bourne hará lo que sea necesario para recuperar lo que le pertenece, incluso si eso conlleva casarse con la perfecta Lady Penelope Marbury.

Un comprom
Published June 2nd 2014 by Versátil (first published February 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Un canalla siempre es un canalla, please sign up.
Courtney I'm curious as to how you found this book...short answer: yes, all of the above. It's an adult romance novel published by a secular publisher. The…moreI'm curious as to how you found this book...short answer: yes, all of the above. It's an adult romance novel published by a secular publisher. The industry pretty much is dominated by sex, with just a few exceptions, unless you go for inspirational romance. And the words "Rogue" and "scoundrel" should have given it away, don't you think?
EDIT: Actually, it's more the sex and profanity. But there is drinking mentioned, as the story revolves around a gaming club. (less)

Sarah MacLean
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, mine, romance
I mean, if I don't like it, what hope do you have?!
Blacky *Romance Addict*
“I am too imperfect for you,” he whispered at her temple.
“You are perfectly imperfect for me.”

I just... I love this book. I love the cover. I love the writing; every single sentence. I enjoyed reading it. I love the plot, oh yes, no better plot than revenge. I love the characters, both of them. But most of all; I love you Sarah MacLean Photobucket Gimme more books like these Photobucket

“You have my land, Penelope,” he whispered at her ear, the sound low and liquid and altogether too distracting even as it sent tremo
Ilona Andrews
I promised I would let you know how A Rogue By Any Other Name went. I really enjoyed it.

In early eighteen hundreds, Michael Lawler, Marquess of Bourne, freshly in control of his family's estate at the ripe age of twenty one, is playing cards with his late father's friend, Viscount of Langford. Viscount of Langford is a trusted ally, father to Michael's best friend. Until recently Langford oversaw Michael's fortune and had just turned it over to him.

Michael trusts Langford and when the viscount d
Baba
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

5+++ VERY SHINY STARS!

"I want to lay you down in the light of The Angel and make love to you."

Photobucket

Wow, wow, wow! What a fabulous read! *hugging my Kindle* Prepare yourself to be gushed upon.

From revenge to love. Michael intends to corrupt Penelope. He wants to turn her from light to dark, from good to bad. His goal is to totally ruin her. And it will feel so splendid. A Rogue by Any Other Name is such a great example why I love to read HR. *does the happy dance*

Despite my mino
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

A Rogue by Any Other Name is the first book in Sarah MacLean’s The Rules of Scoundrels series and from the first page to the last is filled with emotion – happiness, heartbreak, passion, romance – a truly fabulous story!

I often find, with historical romances, that the rules society has placed on the women can make them seem mousey and pathetic, so I love it when an author takes those women and makes them strong enough to laugh at their peers – or at least not care enough to conform to what’s exp
Mo
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"I’m going to corrupt you"

Again, I ask myself why do I only dip into Historicals a few times a year? This was a great book. Loved the heroine. Loved the hero. Love stories where he vows to himself that he will not be lured by a woman and fall in love…. But of course it does happen!

"You’re like the rattle of dice. The shuffle of cards. You call to me until I ache with desire for you"

Stacia (the 2010 club)
I choose you. I choose love.

And the world says, "aww..."

I think my weeks-long book slump finally ended when I decided to go back and finish the second half of this. It's really too bad that I seem to have a roadblock every single time I try out a new Historical Romance author. No other genre works me over in such a way, to where I'm stuck in an exact idea of what I want to be reading (a.k.a. Kleypas type of wit), and if my ideals are not met right away, I tend to balk and kick my feet until
Elizabeth (Liz)
- The Story (taken from back-cover blurb) -

A decade ago, the Marquess of Bourne was cast from society with nothing but his title. Now a partner in London’s most exclusive gaming hell, the cold, ruthless Bourne will do whatever it takes to regain his inheritance—including marrying perfect, proper Lady Penelope Marbury.

A broken engagement and years of disappointing courtships have left Penelope with little interest in a quiet, comfortable marriage, and a longing for something more. How lucky that
Susanne
winter

She realized how little she wanted a quiet life of pastel colors and quadrilles and tepid lemonade. She wanted more.

*Happy sigh* What a wonderful book! Sometime you stumble on these HR gems that makes you smile, gush and wish you lived in a different time. Sarah McLean is a wonderful author!

"Sirrah! Do not come any closer! I…", she flailed for a decent threat. "I am armed!"
His response was unmoved. "Do you plan to smother me with your muff?"
"You, sir, are not a gentleman."
"Ah. Truth at last."

I
Laura the Highland Hussy

My very first thought as I started this book, perhaps two chapters in, was “The hero is such a bastard!” followed by, “Good. They always fall the hardest.” I wasn’t wrong.

Bourne is playing a game of cards with Viscount Langford, his best friend’s father, and his guardian, when he loses. Not just loses, but loses big. Bourne loses everything. Langford purposely goaded Bourne and pushed him into wagering his holdings. Langford’s reasoning was that he’d been
KatLynne
Sarah MacLean has become one of my favorite HR authors. I enjoy her writing style and I find myself highlighting nearly every three or four pages. It’s like, “Oh my, I just love how she said that,” and I have to stop and do the Kindle highlight thing:) I crave dialogue in my novels and this one doesn’t disappoint! It is sexy, witty, poignant and refreshing! While there are a few places that could be referred to as “cheesy,” it still worked for me and I loved it!

The young Michael, Marquess of Bou
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
After having read so many insipid, good, but uncomplicated Regency romances lately, this book was a breath of fresh air for me.

The Marquess of Bourne had a dissolute youth, and lost his family estate to of at through a game of cards, and decides to make it his mission in life to get his estate back as well as get revenge on the man who won it from him (Viscount Langford and his innocent son, Tommy). Frankly, I think that Langford did him a favor, since that was the kick in the ass that got him o
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The perfect place to start reading Sarah MacLean is with the first of her Rule of Scoundrels series. One of the very best of today’s historical romance authors.
Yolanda
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
#RetoÍntimo1
4,5
4ª vez que lo leo y....ME ENCANTA!!!!

#RetoRita
Es la 3ª vez que leo este libro y me dan ganas de leer toda la serie otra vez.
Me gusta mucho como escribe Sarah MacLean y los personajes que crea. Aquí tenemos a Bourne, que lleva 10 años viviendo para vengarse, duro, frío y al que no le importa nada con tal de llevar a cabo su venganza. Es un canalla de esos que me gustan, me encanta.
Penélope, qué delicia. A sus 28 años, considerada una solterona, sobrevive al escándalo de verse aband
Mandi Schreiner
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
At the age of 21, Michael Lawler, Marquess of Bourne and a gambling addict, lost everything he had in a game of cards with Langford. He lost all he had inherited from his parents' untimely death to a man who sat there and laughed at him. Embarrassed and devastated, Bourne vanishes, not to be seen in polite society again. His only thought is for revenge, to bury Langford one day and reclaim his lands of Falconwell. For nine years Bourne worked his way up, becoming part-owner of The Fallen Angel, ...more
Bark
I listened to this book as an unabridged audiobook read by Rosalyn Landor. She does a fine rather snooty job with the narration which fits the historical setting and a fabulous job with the heroine but when it comes time to do to the manly voices I cringed a little. I would’ve much rather had a male voicing the guy parts but they didn’t ask me.

It’s been a bit since I’ve read a historical romance and this one had a lovely leisurely setup that introduced the relationship between childhood friends
Jilly
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in ye old days, marriage was a business transaction - all about what would look good on paper. So, many of these Regency Era books have the formula of a marriage first, then a love story where the husband and wife fall in love. This is one of those tales.
once upon a time photo: Once upon a time... tagyoureit-1.gif
and he was kind of a dick...

This is your typical bad boy tricks girl into marrying him, treats her like crap, she falls for him anyway, he realizes he loves her back stories. And, yet, it is cute, funny, and I find that I am a sucker for t
Lisa
All right, I will admit that I am in love with Sarah MacLean's books. She started me on my new found historical love affair with her superb Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and I have not looked back so I may be a bit biased in saying that I have loved everything she has since written, including A Rogue By Any Other Name. This book is a bit different though as our hero, Michael, Marquess of Bourne is quite unlikable for a good bit of the book. He forces a marriage of convenience with an ...more
Nuria Llop
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
(24ª lectura del #RetoRita)

Una buena novela del género. Comparada con lo que se publica en castellano desde hace unos años, diría incluso que muy buena. He disfrutado más de la relectura que de la primera lectura que hice cuando se publicó, y supongo que es precisamente por esa falta de romántica histórica de calidad editada en España últimamente. De hecho, confieso que, al acabar de leerla, me compré el resto de la serie sin dudarlo y la devoré en pocos días (ya comentaré esas novelas más adela
Dinjolina
The books started out fabulously. It was solid, fun, witty, and angsty.
I was sure it will be perfect!

And it was, up untill about half way trough. Then it was just flat. Not bad, per se...but almost boring. It seemed like after the hero's turn-around everything was done in a straight line. Even the famous card scene with the heroine and the eeeeevil enemy left me cold.

Also, a lot of things were never adressed. Like Mrs.Worth. The very young servats. The mistress-should-live-here-not-a-normal-fami
Crista
*****3 1/2 stars*****

What an incredibly wonderful yet frustrating read! The idea for this series is genius. Four incredibly delicious hot men are business partners in the most successful gaming house in London. Each man serves a function within the gaming house: Accountant, Manager, Bouncer/Security, and Owner.

This is Bourne's book. Cross, the accountant, will be featured in the next book.

This book captivated me from the opening line and I couldn't put it down! Sadly there were some issues with
Lucy Westenra
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Este libro forma parte del #RetoRita y he acertado totalmente :D
Los protas me han gustado muchísimo, tanto el cabroncete de Bourne como Penélope y su afán de aventuras <3 Mucha química y encuentros chispeantes entre los dos. La estructura del libro muy chula con las cartas intercaladas entre los capis. No le pongo 5 estrellitas porque al final Bourne se pasa un poco a blandis amoroso y tanto azúcar en un canalla no me convence nada xD
El siguiente de la saga promete muuuchoooo!!!!
Mafi
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, library, 2017
Gostei.imenso e aquele epílogo. ..faz querer o próximo imediatamente! :D

----

(...)

Penso que escrever um romance de época em que o enredo já não tenha sido escrito centenas ou até mesmo milhares de vezes. Este também não é original, todos eles copiam alguns detalhes uns dos outros mas há algo nesta autora que me faz gostar muito dos seus livros.

Bourne é realmente um marquês irresistível e adorei os pormenores da relação dele com a Penelope quando eram jovens, nas cartas trocadas por ambos.
A Penel
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Review Request
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Historical romance fans
Posted on Under the Covers

A ROGUE BY ANY OTHER NAME is the first book in a new series called The First Rule of Scoundrels. In this book, the Marquess of Bourne lost everything but his title in a gaming hell. His land, servants, clothes, everything was taken away from him. So Michael vows revenge; his aim to one day retrieve everything that was taken away from him.

Ten years later, Michael is now one of the owners of London’s most exclusive gaming hell. His life holds excitement and success, but
Beatriz
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Una lectura rápida y entretenida, con buenos personajes, buen argumento y buen desenlace, aunque quizá algunas de sus partes se hacen un poco repetitivas. Es la primera entrega de la serie “Las reglas de los canallas”, que tiene la gracia de trasladar la trama a los bajos mundos londinenses de la época. Aunque no es de las novelas llamadas a destacar en el género, cumple las expectativas.
♡Karlyn P♡

I had a love / hate with this book.

I loved the writing voice, loved Penny and her family, and loved the friends-to-lover plot.

But I didn't like Michael for much of the book, I didn't like the pacing of the romance as it went too quick, and I didn't like the revenge plot as it felt a bit forced.

Overall, the story kept me engaged and entertained, but it didn't 'WOW' me. I will continue with the series as there is plenty about the men at the gaming Hell that has me interested for more.

Lady Heather
Re-Read: January 12-13, 2018

Ms. MacLean has done it again!!

photo dying.gif

LOVED! LOVED! LOVED Penelope!
Her strength, intelligence, courage, wit, loyalty, and her 'steel' to settle for nothing less than what she wanted...AMAZING!!

.. and Lord Bourne Michael....WOW!!!
He was everything a 'scoundrel' should be, and no matter how many times he tried to push Penelope away, she kept hoping to see a glimpse of the childhood friend she once knew.

photo youaresobeautifultome.gif

Reading how they each played their cards, and waiting to see the others n
Duchess Nicole
It was good. Not as good as Nine Rules or Eleven Scandals, but still a solid read. The epilogue itself was almost worth an extra star. At least the first part of it. It brought tears to my eyes. The second part is almost a 'to be continued' for the next couple, whose book comes out later this year.

Penelope is a strong, patient woman. Much more patient than I could ever be, both with Leigton (from Eleven Scandals, remember, he broke their engagement), her father, and Bourne. She has literally bee
Elsa Bravante
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Muy bonito, me está encantando esta autora, los títulos tontos de siempre pero con personajes que son distintos. Igual que sus anteriores libros tiene muy buenos diálogos, muy buenas escenas de sexo y muuuuuucho romanticismo.
Aquí el protagonista es Bourne, un capullo de los que a muchas nos gusta y ella es... alguien con el que cualquiera nos podemos sentir identificadas xD.
El principal pero que le encuentro a la autora es que en ocasiones es muy repetitiva con lo que piensan y sienten los pro
Mari
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017

I'll have words about this one. Compulsively readable, endlessly trite, essentially forgettable.
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5)
  • A Lady's Lesson in Scandal
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
New York Times, Washington Post & USA Today bestseller Sarah MacLean is the author of historical romance novels that have been translated into more than twenty languages, and winner of back-to-back RITA Awards for best historical romance from the Romance Writers of America.

Sarah is a leading advocate for the romance genre, speaking widely on its place at the nexus of gender and cultural studie
More about Sarah MacLean

The Rules of Scoundrels (4 books)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
“What does Éloa mean?”

He narrowed his gaze, answered her literally. “It’s the name of an angel.”

Penelope tilted her head, thinking. “I’ve never heard of him.”

“You wouldn’t have.”

“Was he a fallen angel?”

“She was, yes.” He hesitated, not wanting to tell her the story, but unable to stop himself. “Lucifer tricked her into falling from heaven.”

“Tricked her how?”

He met her gaze. “She fell in love with him.”

Penelope’s eyes widened. “Did he love her?”

Like an addict loves his addiction. “The only way he knew how.”

She shook her head. “How could he trick her?”

“He never told her his name.”
94 likes
“I had a perfect life in my reach once, and it was a crashing bore. Perfect is too clean, too easy. I don't want perfect any more than I want to be perfect. I want imperfect.” 59 likes