Start by marking “Penumbra (The Midnight Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
Penumbra (The Midnight Society, #2)

Penumbra (The Midnight Society #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  232 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
In one night, I lost everything: my hopes and dreams, my best friend, and Shadow’s heart. He told me he loved me, but it was just a lie.

The Midnight Society has fallen, reduced to ashes by a monster--a person whom we all once trusted. The betrayal has shattered our lives forever and Shadow, Lord of the Midnight Society, finds himself at a crossroad.

One road leads him furth
ebook
Published June 26th 2014 by Strangecrow Books (first published June 1st 2014)

Robin B
5 stars!!!!

Wow!

First- Penumbra is book two in the Midnight Society series by Logan Patrick and cannot be read alone. You must read Semblance first!

Now to the juicy stuff: I wasn't quite sure where Logan was going to take the story after we leave our three main characters utterly devastated at the end of Semblance. What he did was weave an even more intricate story and he sucks you back into the Society.

I love that Aria isn't as light-hearted and overtly good in this book. This personality change
Kelly
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the first book. Words can't describe it. This book felt like a in between book. The story was good, but not as good as the first. I think that is my problem. I had HUGE expectations. Maybe unreasonably so.

I loved the character growth of Shadow and Aria. I loved the new characters added to the colorful canvas. Oh course there was Lincoln. He's had always been a favorite of mine. It was full of action and hot sex. There was some "oh sh!t" moments and a quasi HEAish, with still a cliff hang
Danielle Young
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In one night everything changed for Aria and Shadow. Aria's hope at love and happiness shattered. Shadow's world, crumbled. They both struggle to pick up the pieces of what is left of their life and The Midnight Society. They should have each other, but thanks to the one who betrayed them, they don't have that either. Aria has her tattered heart and Shadow has vengeance. Now they have to decide if they are meant to be on the path together or separate. One thing is for sure, this path won't be ea ...more
Selena Robins
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
From New York to Hong Kong to New Orleans, Logan Patricks takes the reader on a whirlwind adventure with the cast from the first book in the series, (Semblance - The Midnight Society Book 1) adding more characters to PENUMBRA (the sequel).

Where the developing romance and love between Aria and Shadow took center stage in Semblance; action, suspense and intrigue play a larger role in PENUMBRA.

To say the villain wreaked havoc onto the main characters would be a huge understatement, as Shadow, Aria
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
This author takes us on another journey of suspense, mystery and dangerous heart pounding adventures. How clever and enthralling, be prepared to be swept away, into the lives of those who are in this secret club: The Midnight Society. The story picks up where Book One, Semblance leaves off, the entire plot flows so easily and you become so captivated with the characters, you feel as if you are there experiencing every single twist and turn they go through.

Logan Patricks brings in new characters
Tarah
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything of Logan’s that I’ve been able to get my hands (eyes) on, I’ve loved. Penumbra was no exception.

Logan still seems to have the secret recipe for combining all the little things that make me enjoy reading into one book. The love, the laughter, the gut-wrenching-what-the-frack-is-going-to-happen-next moments… it’s all there. If you enjoy a good, suspenseful romance full of wit and humor, then read this series.

The characters evolve as the plot continues in ways suited to the story. No o
Barbara
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Just finished this amazing book and the series keeps getting better and better! I want more now lol! I loved Lincoln in this book and beau was pretty hysterical! I loved his personality. Cannot wait to see what happens between Shadow and Aria in the next book. I can't wait to see justice done and for Calisto to get what's coming to her!
Asia
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
So much drama.
With shadow in Asia and aria and Lincoln in new Orleans.. All chasing Calisto .. While leaving a shit storm everywhere they go..
What a fun ride.
Now we are left w Calisto and a text message that could break aria and shadow.
Dun dun dun....
Can't wait for the next!
Cecily Bonney
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read Semblance I was amazed how someone can create such a wonderful action packed story. I thought and called Logan Patricks a creative genius time and time again...

Penumbra is a jaw dropping read and I loved every word of it.....

That is all I will say......
Rachelle Reads
Penumbra

What a fantastic follow up to Semblance! I love the mystery, intrigue and the steamy smexy scenes in this series and now we get a little voodoo magic I say Hell Yeah!!!! Keep it coming Mr. Patricks this series kicks some serious evil psychotic sadistic Calisto a**!!!
Melissa
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shanyn
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Betrayal. It’s one of the oldest literary themes. It’s one of the oldest themes in civilization. People have been stabbing each other in the back since the dawn of time. If anything the driving factors have only gotten more complicated and convoluted. But regardless of motivation, a knife in the heart delivered by someone you love is always one of the harshest and hardest things from which to come back.

Penumbra picks up almost exactly where Semblance left off – Calisto has tilted the entire wor
Courtney
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"As twisted as this sounds, sometimes it's nice watching the train wreck of other people's lives, just to make our own look a little better by comparison."

Penumbra is an absolutely terrific follow up and continuation in The Midnight Society series.

We dig deeper into how The Midnight Society came about and how everything came to as it is today. Calisto is hiding and trying to make sure that her plans are not interfered with. Shadow, Lincoln and Aria are forced to stay below the radar and work
Lou
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Semblance ended with the Midnight Society destroyed. All that remained was Shadow, Lincoln and Aria. Penumbra jumps straight back in where Semblance finished.
For Shadow, Aria and Lincoln the world as they knew it has changed now. The destruction of the Society has left these 3 devastated. But now the time has come to pick up the pieces and begin to rebuild their lives.

Shadow is hell bent on getting vengeance; for his parents deaths and for the destruction of the Society. Shadow is itching to get
Cassie
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Patricks does it again with Penumbra! This book was a surprise. I didn't even know it had come out and then suddenly I saw it on my Amazon Recommendations and I did a little happy dance. Semblance left me in such a state of What. The. Fuck. that I literally squealed a little!

I have to say my only complaint for this book (which is 2 parted) is that A. Shadow and Aria spend basically the entire book apart (sad face) and B. It didn't have quite the enigmatic pull that Semblance had. The mystery was
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review is actually a little difficult for me to write. I LOVED Semblance (The Midnight Society #1), I mean I seriously loved it. I lived it, breathed it, dreamed about it, obsessed over it. My expectations for book two were high - maybe too high?

Don't get me wrong Logan is an extremely talented writer, and he did not fail us in this book. He has the ability to write such strong, powerful, complex, interesting characters. He elicits so much emotion from you with regards to his characters - y
Book Drunk Blog
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it

Fiona Wilson
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014-reads
I absolutely loved this authors first book, Semblance, and couldn't wait for this one to come out.

Penumbra continues the story extremely well, almost immediately after the ending of book 1.

The repercussions from the end of Semblance are felt far and wide at the start of this book. Everyone is in shock as to how cold and calculating Calisto has been. Her actions have far reaching consequences for Shadow, Aria and everyone else within what was The Midnight Society.

This book takes Shadow and Aria i
Daphne
Jul 19, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Mysteries & Alliances

A whole new band of misfits have come together to try to eradicate an evil amongst their lives. So past and present meet to form a new Midnight Society....chaos is the best way to describe the bond that they are forming. Vengeance is what drives them, but the question on my mind is....who can or cannot be trusted?!
There are so many plays in this game of cat & mouse, assassin's, voodoo witches, murderers, a crazed psychotic sister, and of course a whole boatload of vi
Marguerita
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I enjoyed the first book of this series and was looking forward to reading this one. At the start of the book I was captivated and excited, but as I began getting further in the book, I found myself frustrated with all the character point of view changes and just too much going on. I also found myself disconnected from the characters because to me they were not really likable or relatable to me. Something I did enjoy was the voodoo aspect of the book because it was unexpected.

After reading this
Kate Mitchell
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Penumbra is an absolutely stunning read that will have you laughing one minute and crying the next. The characters show their true colours by this multi-angle book and you begin to get a deeper understanding of the inner workings of both Aria AND Shadow. With the introduction of new characters and a little more "page-time" for some of the more familiar characters, Penumbra is well-rounded in terms of it's intertwining plot lines and let's be honest here, more Lincoln and Shadow is just like.. WO ...more
momster2u
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Nice continuation of Aria and Shadow's story.
I enjoyed the New Orleans and Hong Kong locations. Put a nice spin on the story.
There are multiple character developments that feel seamless and really make the story flow and keep me engaged.
My highlights:
"As twisted as this sounds, sometimes it's nice watching the train wreck of other people's lives, just to make your own look a little better by comparison." That's why I love books!
Aria's thoughts about Shadow "...just couldn't shake the feeling
Kimberley Humphrey
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Please tell me the next book is coming out tomorrow - I don't think I can take the wait.
So good Logan Patricks. So very good. I always loved Lincoln & he totally lived up to my expectations in this book. The new characters are great & I feel like the stage is well & truly set for whatever will happen in book 3.
I'm such a sucker for Shadow. My heart breaks for all he's been through & the self doubt he's now struggling with because of his evil sister. Please write me into book 3 s
Vasi
What a fantastic book. I loved the first one and I love the second one. Logan Patricks has become one of my favorite authors. The thrill, suspense, the twists and turns, and of course the hot sex; this book has it all. It is well written and well edited. I love the growth of Aria from book one to two. In this second book we get to see more of Lincoln, a lot move and I loved it. I can’t wait to see what happens in the third book.
Christy
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Still too much murder and bloodshed for me. The emotional core is also missing. You could say that reflects the numbness the characters have to adopt to survive but it's not crafted well enough, IMHO, for that to be true. The writing/phrasing is awkward at times; however, since I still find the idea/storyline interesting I will probably read the next installment as long as it ends this whole thing.
maureen
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ride

This series has it all! Love, money, good sex, mystery, dead bodies, betrayal, and best of all hot damaged men! What more could a girl ask for! This is an exciting fast paced read that had me at the edge and at time laughing out loud. Logan Patricks has skill and wit. Wonderful character development. Can't wait for 3.
Kirsten Bass
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
ooh how I loved Lincoln in this book... although I found this book to have been a little slower and less of everything I loved from semblance, I still loved it all and can not wait for book 3..with how book 2 ended, I'm thinking the next is gonna totally blow us away
Nichol H
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2014
Logan Patricks has done it again. I can not wait for the next book. WRITE LOGAN WRITE FAST! I enjoyed all of the new additions to the story! Beau is climbing to the top of one of my favs! Still love Lincoln, Aria and Shadow. Now I just (impatiently) wait....
laila
Apr 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a total waste of money!
Possibly one of the worst books I've ever read.
Full of misspellings and missing words, seriously?
Wondering if it was ever even edited...
Bottom line don't waste your time or money.
Heidi 1820
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
The second installment of The Midnight Society series was as intriguing as the first. Twists and turns with these familiar characters will keep the reader on the edge of their seats and lucky for us Author Logan Patricks isn't done yet. I can't wait for the next one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Markham Hall Series Bundle (Markham Hall, #1-4)
  • Faith (Running With Alphas, #5)
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Ein
  • Sleeping with the Devil
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • Commodity
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Mended (Broken Trilogy, #3)
Logan discovered both love and heartbreak at the tender age of seven, when the pretty little blue-eyed girl next door stole his Kit-Kat bar and shared it with the bad boy from across the street. Devastated, Logan found solace by escaping into imaginary worlds he forged with words, creating kingdoms where the chivalrous knight always got the princess.

Twenty three years later Logan spends his days i
More about Logan Patricks

The Midnight Society (3 books)
  • Semblance (The Midnight Society, #1)
  • Revenant: The Midnight Society Book Three
“Our romance—our chemistry—was instant. But hell, I figure when two people meant for each other found one another, there’s no such thing as a minimum time to fall in love.” 2 likes