Start by marking “Prince of the Night” as Want to Read:
Prince of the Night

Prince of the Night

Dark Lord

The peasants called him the Count of Albion, and they both feared and revered him. A fighter for Italy's freedom, the mysterious nobleman preferred the night hours to mask his missions—and to shroud his tormented soul. Sequestered in the villa called the Three Fountains, he hid his secrets well—until the arrival of a beautiful Englishwoman, Miss Cordelia Hope.

Dark
Published July 1st 1995 by Topaz

To ask other readers questions about Prince of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of the Night

Nenia Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

💙 I read this for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2018 Reading Challenge, for the category of: Paranormal Romance. For more info on this challenge, click here. 💙

Look at that cover - oh my God, the pose, the costumes, the cheese. This is what I live for, as a reviewer of vintage romance novels. Bad romance covers are a key part of the Old Skool Experience™. That said, once I got over the low resolution Photoshop job and what is e
Eliza
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m sorry- but I’ll not apologize for totally geeking out over this book. I LOVED IT! It was such a unique take on vampire romance. Do yourself a favor and read! I love when one or both characters have to fight (and I mean FIGHT) the temptation of lust and desire.
Paranormal Romance
Set in historical Italy during their fight for independence from the Austrians, the heroine travels to a villa that's be given to her by her uncle as payment for her to care for her cousin unborn bastard child. She encounters the 'owner' of the villa who's a vampire and in his time of cresting they call it. Basically he's so consumed with the urge to mate with a virgin he's afraid he'd resort to rape. After the cresting time is finish he discovers that he's still consumed with desire for the her ...more
Jessica
Jan 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Yikes like 3 pages in and im already utterly creeped out by the tone. The hero talks so dryly and dispassionately about "mating" and the potential for her dying during said mating. I'm thinking no thank you. DNF
Serena
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Romantico e raffinato,racconta del conte di Albione, un nobile italiano che vive di notte, circondato da un alone di timore e rispetto in una villa sperduta nella campagna modenese. Lei è Cordelia Hope, delicata bellezza inglese, che all’improvviso piomba nella sua casa e nella sua vita insieme alla cugina e ad una serva. Ben presto Cordelia si rende conto che in quel conte affascinante e tenebroso c’è qualcosa di strano, e l’inaspettata connessione dei loro pensieri(mi ha fatto ripensare ai Car ...more
Quite a few glaring issues with proofing. An unusual take on the vampire romance. I don't think I have ever seen vampires as aliens before. It was an enjoyable and quick read but lacking polish. I would have liked more of the historical background to be involved and a few plot elements tied up more neatly. I had previously read another work by the author and found it to be more enjoyable and the writing of a higher quality.
CLM
Oct 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I am proud to say this is one of the books I edited during my stint as a romance editor. Jasmine is a talented writer, and in this novel she decided to try a vampire novel with an intoxicating Italian setting.

To this day, I enjoy her care with words and her ability to set a scene. I believe all of her recent books have been suspense novels - she always delivers a fun read.
Carolina
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a good book I liked it. But I only give it 3 stars because it has a lot of unanswered questions at the end, and that would have been OK if it was a series but its not, for a stand alone novel I think it could have been better.
Debby
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another book from Kindle. Again, hope there is a sequel. A very interesting vampire novel, with an element of Science Fiction.
Karen
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Interesting vampire story with espionage as a twist.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires
Ok beginning but it started to spiral out of control into the ridicilous towards the end.
Carisa
Aug 19, 2015
Libby
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Born in England, Jasmine Cresswell now divides her time between her winter home in Sarasota, Florida and her summer home in Evergreen, Colorado. Jasmine has been writing since 1975 and has published over 50 novels, with 9 million copies of her books in print.
Jasmine served for two years as the editor of the Romance Writer's Report. She also served as president of Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, a