Start by marking “From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride (The Billionaire's of Blackcastle #1)” as Want to Read:
From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride (The Billionaire's of Blackcastle #1)

From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride

(The Billionaires of Blackcastle #1)

Revenge and love collide in this Billionaires of Black Castle novel by USA TODAY bestselling author Olivia Gates

Rafael Salazar came back to Rio to destroy the man who stole his childhood. Then he spies the beauty across the ballroom…and passion overwhelms him. Even after the shock of discovering who she really is, he vows to make her his.

Eliana Ferreira has n
Published November 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride

Start your review of From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride (The Billionaire's of Blackcastle #1)
StMargarets
Plot is in the title. I’ve learned my lesson not to expect a revenge story from Olivia Gates and I didn’t get one. Instead I got a Penny-Jordan-level fainting, heart palpitations, tingles, brain-freezes – and get this – the hero’s temples turn white after the stress of heroine’s car accident.

Our hard-bitten hero falls in love at first sight – but not before he felt heroine’s “aura” across the crowded ball room. She felt commanded by his gaze to join this stranger for a four-hour make0ut session
Izy
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating~ 4 stars

Short review:
I really liked this book. Rafael Salazar and Eliana Ferreira had off the charts chemistry.
This was very much love/lust at the first glance book and the rest was to be fair quite unreal but it worked for me. It had that magical/fairy tale vibe going on which I enjoyed.

I thought the concept of Rafael's past very interesting and more like the 'usual' slightly darker contemporaries that are published these days have. Eliana though naive was also lovely. I really loved Eliana and Ra
Aou
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
He was tooo sweet for me and the story was improbable even for a fairy tale. 🙄
Jenn - Reviews
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved Olivia Gates' writing. She always writes with an intensity that I have to prepare myself for.

I love the strong bonds that are forged in this book, not just between the hero and heroine but by the hero and his childhood friends. I love the sexy, steamy passion and most of all I love the first meeting scene that only Olivia can write with such intensity.

Again a fabulous read and I highly recommend this book to all lovers of romance!
Amelia
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The emotional intensity in a novel by Olivia Gates has never been more consuming than in FROM ENEMY’S DAUGHTER TO EXPECTANT BRIDE. Regardless of what type of feeling is being expressed, the scene grabs your total focus from the picture imagined in your mind. Ms. Gates never disappoints when it comes to creating alpha heroes who need the love of a strong-willed woman.

When Rafael Salazar was much younger, he was taken from his family and forced to do the bidding of merciless men who only wa
Paula Legate
This book was intense. The sparks flew between Rafael, and Ellie from the first look. It was love at first sight. Rafael didn't know he knew poetry, but poetic phases started pouring from his lips.

I normally try to steer clear of most revenge based books. This book however tore at my heart. I can understand why Rafael wanted revenge, or at least wanted to see justice. He was kidnapped as a young boy, and for all practical purposes was forced to live in a jail, and was taught organized crime. Ye
Tanya Mayes
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

I finished From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride last night and I loved it. It is the perfect start to a new series.

At first I was sad because of what happen to Rafael but once Phantom and the others came into his life I was felt better. I love the brotherhood and how they stayed true to each other even as adults. I loved how the author wrote the love at first sight or should I say feel. It was so romantic how he felt her before
Lisa Weaver
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rafael Salazar will hold your heart in his hands from the moment you first meet him. The hero of Olivia Gates’ captivating From Enemy’s Daughter To Expectant Bride is supremely drool worthy. And the lovely Eliana Ferreira is every bit his match. Even though you won’t want to share Rafael, you’ll find yourself rooting for this incendiary pair to find the happily ever after they so richly deserve together.

This is the first novel in a brilliant new series, the Billionaires of Black Castle, and it
Beyond the Pages
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now this is how you do passion and romance!!! I loved this story. It was intense. I found myself gripped from the beginning. I adored how these two came together. I cried when Rafeal realized who she was. I gasped when love won out. Brilliant!
Desere
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rafael Salazar is back in Rio to seek revenge, he will destroy the man who stole his childhood. Then by a twist of fate he spies a beauty across the ballroom and passion overwhelms him. Then comes the shock of discovering who she is, but even this is not enough to veer him off course, he will make her his.

Eliana Ferreira has never met a man quite like Rafael, he's powerful, unstoppable and simply irresistible. She knows there is a deep dark force that drives him and she should steer clear but s
Donna
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Gates’ characters are always larger than life. More so in From Enemy’s Daughter To Expectant Bride. The hero, Rafael Moreno Salazar, had experienced unspeakable atrocities in the hands of his enemy. By the help of his Black Castle brothers, against all odds he overcame all the challenges that he faced and became one of the wealthiest financiers in the world. The wealth he had accumulated and the power it brought him made it possible for him to plan his revenge against the man who had caus ...more
lily waheed
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
intense read with damaged hero and sweet , innocent heroine♡
loved it and so excited about the heroes friends.
Susan
Overall a good book. The story opens with Rafael as a child. He has been kidnapped from his home and forced to use his mathematical abilities for organized crime. Fortunately, there are several other boys who make him part of their group, as they watch out for each other and plan their escape. Years later, this brotherhood has created their own business and are some of the wealthiest men in the world. The series opener is Rafael's story, as he plots his revenge on the man responsible for his kid ...more
Emily
Sep 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Rafael Salazar had beaten the odds considering his horrible childhood. From such a dark past, he has risen along with his band of brothers seeking revenge from the man who has ruined their lives.

While plotting to find the man in Rio, he spots a beautiful woman and is immediately enthralled with her beauty. He must know who she is now, but her identity can ruin everything that he's planned.

Eliana is slowly being engrossed in a fairytale romance with Rafael, but is he using her to get his reveng
Dj
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revenge and love collide… Rafael Moreno Salazar ‘Numbers’ came back to Rio to destroy the man who stole his childhood, sold him into slavery, and held captive for 12 years before his escape. Then he spies the beauty across the ballroom…and passion overwhelms him. Even after the shock of discovering who she really is, he vows to make her his. Eliana Ferreira has never met a man like Rafael—powerful, irresistible, unstoppable. She knows something dark drives the self-made billionaire, yet she can' ...more
Judyrudy
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From Enemy’s Daughter to Expectant Bride is the first book in Olivia Gates’ The Billionaire’s of Black Castle series. From the opening paragraphs of the book, I was glued to the powerful story about a group of boys who were kidnapped at a young age and forced into doing horrible things. Their whole childhood was wiped from their minds. Over time the boys escaped the compound, never forgetting their past, have turned into wealthy businessmen. Raphael Salazar decides to seek revenge. As fate would ...more
Gwessie Tee
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naughtiness 3 *

Absolutely adore this book, I'm reading it as it's a 3-1 Dreaming of Brazil out shortly but wanted to review the books individually.

Having read some of Olivia books in the past it definitely did not surprise me that I do in fact love the story, our hero and heroine go through many twists and turns in this fantastic story to earn their happy ever after and it was definitely a pleasure to read, it has everything, from heart break to joy with some humour and d
Jennifer Mcpherson
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say that this book was phenomenal is still a drastic understatement. Her explicit use of imagery helps the readers to emotionally connect to the characters. Olivia has proven numerous times that she is an exceptional writer, however in this book she outdid herself. Rafael and Eliana love story is the epitome of an epic romance so much so i had to read it twice. "TV movie in the making" Can't wait for the other books on The Brotherhood. Revenge and Romance ohhhh what a combination.
Modesty_b
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story was veryy good :) the chemistry was explosive and I loved all the characters. I was actually expecting a tortured hero story but got one who was falling head over heels in love and couldn't care less about his revenge. sooo sweet :)
Cheri D Mendenhall
Very Good

I liked the start of this series. I can't wait to read all of the stories of the " brothers".
Angela Rivera
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Reading Scandalously expecting his child next.
RomanceLover99
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the "Billionaires of Black Castle" series and Olivia Gates sets a precedent by coming out with a strong first book. I say this because I've read every available book in this series and though they are all good books, not all of them get 5 Stars from me. For my fellow readers who don't like misleading titles, this book is for you. The title states the essential theme of the book however, there is so much more going on in this book that the title doesn't do it justice in ...more
Melanie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride was a quick read but ultimately it was not the book for me.

Rafael Salazar’s life was irrevocably changed when he was a child after he was ripped from the only life he’d ever known. Having returned to Rio to confront the man responsible, Rafael is ready to finally have his revenge. But during a ball where he is watching his prey, Rafael spots Eliana from across the room and instantly knows he has to have her. But after discovering who she is, Rafael
Zubee
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
H decides to take revenge on h's father ... meets h and is bowled over by her ... bonus point for making his relationship with h separate from revenge on her father from the beginning ... he is madly in love and so is she ... this was one of those times when h's father was a good character and not a villain at all ... very intense story ...
Monica Cardoza
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series by Ms. Gates and I have to say that I loved it. This book was everything that I love in a book it was passionate, their was sadness and of course their was a twist. When I read the prologue my heart just broke for Numbers I felt so bad for him and what he went through but in the end he was a man that would get his revenge but he never thought that in the road to revenge he would have thought he would find love.

Rafael “Numbers” Salazar is back wh
Judy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From Enemy's Daughter to Expectant Bride by Olivia Gates
The Billionaires of Black Castle Series Book One
Rafael Salazar and his “brothers” live for revenge. Their childhoods were stolen from them and as adults...they have taken control and are now the ones who will destroy lives. Rafael is getting close to his goal when he hits a problem. A beautiful female problem.

Eliana Ferrreira lost her mother when she was only three. Since then, her father wants to keep her close. Coc
Joy
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic beginning to what promises to be an epic series, very fresh and extremely passionate and sexy with an incredible array of heart-stopping alpha male heroes. I loved Rafael story and I can't wait for the stories of the other brothers we met in his book, especially Raiden and Numair, whom I am thrilled to learn are next. But I *really* want Richard's story, the ultimate dangerously sexy bad boy...or I should say MAN. This one is hard, mature man through and through. Unreservedly recomme ...more
Harlequin Books
"Gates is a master at writing emotionally charged, passion-filled stories and her latest is just that, even introducing interesting secondary characters. Kathleen TailerReaders will find themselves eagerly awaiting the next brother’s tale" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars).

Miniseries: The Billionaires of Black Castle
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for review

Well, very interesting. It was hot and steamy, but the catching of the bad guy was all done behind the scenes. Most of their issues were solved without a lot of angst. It just was missing something. But I did really like his brotherhood and would like to hear their HEAs.
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Yet again...

I am amazed at the incredible intensity that Olivia Gates puts into her characters. The amount of emotion it causes me to feel. I could read these books over and over again and still not tire of them. Very well done Olivia.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 14, 2015 03:19PM

• Only For His Lady (The Theodosia Sword, #1)
  • Dragon's Baby (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #1)
  • Kicking and Screaming
  • Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #7)
  • Her Warriors' Three Wishes (Dante's Circle, #2)
  • Take Me Again (The Knight Brothers, #1)
  • Betrothed by Christmas
  • Her Knight to Remember
  • The Red Hot Earl (Love is All Around #1)
  • Christmas Past
  • Claiming His Mountain Bride (Blackthorn Mountain Men, #1)
  • Only For Her Honor (The Theodosia Sword, #2)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Tamed By The Highlander (Kilts & Kisses, #1)
  • Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)
  • Kiss of a Dragon (Fallen Immortals #1)
  • Duchess of My Heart (The Vault Collection, #1)
  • Scent of a Mate (Sassy Mates, #1)
I am a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of 45 books in different genres including Contemporary Romance, Medical Romance, Medical Action Thrillers and Paranormal Romance. My upcoming works will also veer into fantasy.

But one thing is for sure…there will always be central romances in my books. The all-consuming kind that leaves readers breathless and begging for more.

I love to hear fron my

The Billionaires of Blackcastle (6 books)
  • Scandalously Expecting His Child (The Billionaire's of Blackcastle #2)
  • Pregnant by the Sheikh (The Billionaire's of Blackcastle #3)
  • Claiming His Secret Son (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #4)
  • Billionaire Boss, M.D. (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #5)
  • His Pregnant Christmas Bride (The Billionaires of Blackcastle #6)