Start by marking “Christmas at the Cove (Templeton Cove, #4)” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Cove (Templeton Cove, #4)

Christmas at the Cove

(Templeton Cove #4)

More family for Christmas?

Scott Walker doesn't have time for a relationship. The sexy mechanic has career ambitions, not to mention a mother and three sisters to take care of. The last thing he needs is Carrie Jameson, the beauty he never forgot, arriving in Templeton Cove over the holidays with some unexpected news.

Scott still finds Carrie irresistible, and he's not one
Published November 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Cove

Dawn
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review which I'm more than happy to give. This is the second book I've read by Rachel Brimble and it won't be the last.

The story begins with Carrie boarding a train to Templeton Cove to look up Scott Walker a person she hasn't seen for three years. She has something important she needs to tell him. It's clear from the beginning this won't be an easy meeting and it's fair to say her visit is totally unexpected and provokes interest among
Tracey
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well Santa pop me in your sack and send me to Templeton Cove this Christmas! I love the setting for this book, and even more the characters. Right from the start I was gripped by the chemistry between Carrie and Scott and a few pages in I was checking the front page to query the genre and series. It starts off sizzling and later on not even the snowfall at Templeton Cove can cool this pairing down.

Carrie and Scott meet at opposing points in their life. He’s looking for something more than Carrie
Sophie
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Christmas at the Cove is a beautiful book – Rachel Brimble’s first Christmas novel and I’m really hoping it won’t be the last. It felt warm, inviting and homely and combined with the sizzling chemistry between Carrie and Scott, I’d say Christmas at the Cove is perfect reading material for a cold winter’s night. We soon learn upon Carrie’s return to Templeton Cove that she has something important to tell Scott – the news that he has a two
BestChickLit.com
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an absolute pleasure to read. What better treat to indulge in at Christmas than a steamy romance from an author who truly knows what she is doing. Brimble’s characters are full, with flaws and personalities and histories that you can get lost in. Carrie is a woman that you can respect. After losing a man who she loved and a father to her beautiful daughter, she goes in search of Scott, not to find a man to fall back on, but to right a wrong. The very fact that she is strong, independent ...more
Katie O'Connor
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say but wow. WOW and Wow. I was yanked into this story from the very first description. It held me captive from the first glance to the last happy tear. What a beautiful and emotional rollercoaster. I loved it. Cover to cover. Christmas, refound love, family fueds and renewals; Christmas at the Cove had it all. (Insert blissful sigh here.)
Kathy
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Christmas at the Cove is a heartwarming second chance at love romance. This lovely holiday story is full of drama, strong emotions and sizzling hot love scenes. Fans of Rachel Brimble's books set in the very charming UK seaside town of Templeton Cove do not want to miss this latest installment.

Three years earlier, Scott Walker and Carrie Jameson had a glorious fling when Carrie visited Scott's hometown of Templeton Cove. Their week together was unforgettable, but both returned to their regular l
Paige
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for sharing my fair and honest opinion with y'all. Here you go!*

This was my very first novel by the fabulous Rachel Brimble, but I can tell you one thing: it won't be my last!

The book opens on a chance meeting a few years earlier than the majority of the book that has Scott and Carrie meeting for the first time. There is no denying their attraction, but still yet, after their short time together is over and her vacation in Templeton Cove comes to a clo
Jo Hughes
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Candle Lit Author Services and Rachel Brimble for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Carrie and Scott had a brief fling three years ago, they both decided they didn't want it to go any further.

Three years later Carrie is back in Templeton Cove, having promised her dying husband she would return. Carrie's return is a shock to Scott and the pair needed to have a conversation neither of them are really ready for.

Templeton Cove is a lovely t
Teri Wilson
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this smoldering Christmas romance written by my lovely friend, Rachel Brimble!
Chaidvogl4imprint.com
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Rachel and I will definitely be reading more of them. I love the chemistry between the main characters. It is a book that I hated to put down.
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review

This is the first Superromance i have read, and it wont be the last, it was like chick lit, romance with a hint of erotica thrown together and amplified. We meet Scott & Carrie, who meet when Carrie is on a hen weekend with her friends. Scott walks into the bar, and in that instant she knows she has to be with him, throwing caution to the wind the pair opt to spend an evening together indulging in each other, quickly the evening turns to a week and then Carrie leaves.

Fast forward two y
Desere
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know the old saying " I don't have time for relationships" ? Well this is what starts off this wonderful read. Scott Walker really doesn't have time for a relationship, he has career ambitions and a mother and three sisters to take care of. The last thing this sexy mechanic needs is Carrie Jameson, the one he never forget, arriving in town for the holidays and shaking things up with some unexpected news.

Scott still wants Carrier, and he's not one to shirk responsibility. His issues with his
KyBunnies
Originally posted at Bunny's Review

I started this book while kneeling bread. After about 45 minutes my husband ask me how long I planned on kneeling the bread since I usually only kneel 15 minutes. I was almost around 150 pages. Really think I need to find more books by Rachel to read when I make bread.

Okay I admit I did not realize the book was set in England until near the end. Please do not hold this against me. Blame it on my family eating more bread than normal or the holidays and I make it
Alba
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://addictivechicklit.blogspot.com...

This super romance by Rachel Brimble has all the ingredients to warm you and make you melt inside in a very cold day. Both main characters are strong and complex and have their minds set on their own objectives, but the chemistry and passion between them is undeniable. When they first met three years ago, both could feel it but decided to play safe and tried to forget about each other. Now, when they meet again after all these years,
Barb
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Scott still finds Carrie irresistible, and he's not one to shirk responsibility. Scott's issues with his own dad make the prospect of parenthood a minefield. But if he and Carrie can overcome their fears, thi
Stephanie Cage
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a visit to Templeton Cove, Rachel Brimble's imaginary - but oh-so-real - seaside town. This visit had me on tenterhooks as sensible Carrie returned to the scene of her totally out-of-character one night stand on a mission to track down the father of her child. Bring on Scott, the sexy garage owner with a massive (but entirely understandable) case of commitment phobia, and the scene is set for a hugely emotional trip.
The Christmas setting adds another emotional dimension, as does
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A sweet holiday read. Full review http://devastatingreads.blogspot.ca/2...
Andrea
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I gave this one 3.5 stars.

I love Rachel Brimble's romances and have read several of them. I was excited to check out her latest one, which is also her first Christmas romance. I have to admit that this one wasn't my favorite, but it was still enjoyable to read over a couple of cold, snowy evenings.

Scott and Carrie had an intense one-night stand, that actually lasted a couple of nights, a little over three years ago, when Carrie was in town over vacation. The result was a beautiful baby girl, onl
Dixie Brown
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that grabs me from the first page! These two characters, Scott and Carrie, meet at the Cove and spend an intense, romantic week together that changes both of their lives in more ways than one. Two years later, the spark is rekindled with just a look, but it won't be so easy to overcome their differences this time.

The author does an amazing job developing the instant attraction between these two, and that attraction kept me riveted to the page to see what would happen next. This is
Andrea Guy
I have been a fan of Rachel Brimble for ages now. When you read one of her books, you feel like you are reading about people that you could know and that is something that I always enjoy in a book, especially in romance where things often go the route of he unrealistic.

I liked the plot of the two lovers who had a one night stand that resulted in a child and the complications that arise when Carrie seeks out her daughters biological father. There's a lot of tension between her and Scott and a lot
Heather
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christmas at the Cove examines the complications of a “love at first sight” romance. Carrie and Scott are compelling characters, each with their own baggage in the form of family obligations. The idea of family is a central theme in this tale, with both main characters making serious choices to get what they truly want.
I’m impressed by the author’s ability to take us into the deepest thoughts of the characters but felt there was a bit more internal monologue than was needed. I would have liked t
Ashley Drumm
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this read. The only thing I'd change would be more about Scott and his family meeting his daughter than just the last few pages.
Harlequin Books
" Brimble’s well-written descriptions of Templeton Cove will allow readers to “see” the charming town. Her quirky character descriptions are quite nice and Scott’s reaction to his father’s return after the man abandoned his family is realistic" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).
Lynn Brooks
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scott Walker has felt the pressure of taking care of his Mom and 3 younger sisters for 10 years now. He finally has his life almost to a point where he can step back, relax a little, do some traveling, maybe settle down with someone ... only he can't get "the one that got away" out of his mind.

Three years ago, Carrie Jameson was passing through Templeton Cove and had a week long fling with Scott. The strength of the draw they felt towards for each other scared them both and made them not pursue
Geri
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet second chance romance with just enough heat to warm up your winter night! Loved how the second chance wasn't rushed or made easy, both people needed to work on it and get past a lot of issues. Add in the small town atmosphere and everyone knowing your business and 'trying to help' and you have yet another layer. I really enjoyed this story and will be looking for more from Templeton Cove and Ms. Brimble. It is very well written and will keep your attention throughout! Loved how she combi ...more
Patricia
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of Christmas at the Cove by Rachel Brimble in exchange for an honest review.

It was a pleasure to curl up on this windy and snowy weekend to read Christmas at the Cove by Rachel Brimble. It helped me get my head turned toward the Christmas season. Ms. Brimble’s words so eloquently described the atmosphere in Templeton Cove that it was easy to get lost in the spirit of the season, even if the characters weren’t always showing their Christmas best.

Christm
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
The last thing Scott expects when he stops in the local watering hole is to meet the one woman who could make him even think about settling down. Carrie never has one night stands but once she sees Scott there's something she can't resist. Three years later after promising her husband as he was dying that she'd let Scott know she had his child she ventures back to Templeton Cove.

The chemistry between Scott and Carrie was undeniable and left you on edge waiting for their next steamy encounter. I
Kate Vale
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Scott Walker has been taking care of his mother and three sisters since his dad left when Scott was 19. One weekend at the beach, he met a woman he would never forget, but she insisted theirs would be a hook-up with no future. THree years later, Carrie Jameson, a TV producer, shows up and insists on speaking with him. TUrns out she has a two year old daughter, Belle, whom she says he fathered.

How they deal with this bombshell (she to protect her daughter in spite of her guilt at not having share
Jennifer Craig
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Carrie and Scott’s story. When Carrie and Scott met each other three years ago, the pull they felt for one another defied explanation. That being said, they agreed that their week together would be a one and done deal (reluctantly on Scott’s part).

Three years later, Scott Walker doesn’t have time for a relationship. He is spending all of his time caring for his mother and sisters, whether they actually need it or not. Having taken care of his family for several years now, Scot
Andrew
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Christmas Delights (Redcakes, #5)
  • Prince Hafiz's Only Vice
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt (Seasons of the Heart #4.5)
  • For Love or Money (Main Street Merchants #2)
  • Journey in Time
  • Spring's Delight (Cowboy Seasons, #4)
  • Share the Moon (Blue Moon Lake, #1)
  • Torn Together
  • Pitch Imperfect
  • Christmas in Snow Valley  (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies, #1)
  • Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance
  • Across The Winds Of Time (Winds of Time, #1)
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • The Road to Mercy
  • An Intimate Murder (Catherine O'Brien Mystery #3)
  • Losing It All
  • Key to Love
  • The Loft (Memory House, #2)
I live with my husband, our two teenage daughters in a small market town near the famous Georgian City of Bath. I'm the author of the Pennington's Department series (Aria Fiction) and the Templeton Cove series (Harlequin) as well as four Victorian romances with eKensington/Lyrical.

When I’m not writing, you’ll find me with my head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with my famil

Templeton Cove (8 books)
  • Finding Justice (Templeton Cove, #1)
  • A Man Like Him (Templeton Cove, #2)
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • Her Hometown Redemption (Templeton Cove, #5)
  • Saved by the Firefighter (Templeton Cove, #6)
  • Ethan's Daughter: Templeton Cove Stories (Templeton Cove, #7)
  • A Stranger In The Cove (Templeton Cove, #8)