Start by marking “Craft a Creative Business: Making & Marketing a Successful Creative Business” as Want to Read:
Craft a Creative Business: Making & Marketing a Successful Creative Business

Craft a Creative Business: Making & Marketing a Successful Creative Business

A complete must-read guide for anyone wanting to turn their hobby, craft or art skills into a successful business. Covering everything you ever wanted to know, Fiona gives clear, simple advice on the importance of identifying markets, focusing on a USP, assessing the competition, making sure the price is right and setting goals. The book includes sections on product photog ...more
Published October 27th 2014 by Search Press

To ask other readers questions about Craft a Creative Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craft a Creative Business

Start your review of Craft a Creative Business: Making & Marketing a Successful Creative Business
Denise
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This is an excellent book. I wish I had read it when I started my craft business, but it is just as useful 5 years in. Fiona Pullen covers a wide range of topics in clear and easy to understand language.

I especially liked the section on goal setting, and breaking actions down into manageable chunks. It is so easy to feel overwhelmed when running a small business, and her advice is don't try to do everything at once. It's amazing what you can achieve if you have a clear plan.

Fiona is
Bonnie  Zink
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What happens when the complicated concepts of business meet a creative entrepreneur? Learning and fun. Fiona Pullen shares her extensive experience with creative entrepreneurs in this straightforward, no fluff book. If you are interested in turning what you love into a money making enterprise, then this book is for you. If you are interested in using digital tools to promote yourself and your craft, then this book is for you. If you are already an entrepreneur and interested in taking your busin ...more
Shelle Perry
This resource takes the casual hobbyist through the steps to turn their spare time fun into a thriving business. The author does an outstanding job of covering finer points like finding a niche, the sometimes harsh reality of being self- employed and the various ways available to market a craft product. It is broken down into clear sections, each with easy to understand notes, tips and examples. There is an excellent section on using social media and various websites and tools available to the h ...more
Darlene
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great book for anyone wanting to learn how to start a business to sell their crafts. It gives you all the information that you need in one book and tells you where to go for more information. I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to start marketing and selling their crafts. I received this book for free through goodreads first reads for an honest review.
Joanna
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, business
This is a fabulous book! Not only for businesses selling hand-crafted items, but generally it's a great blueprint for any business. I received a copy as a First Reads winner and I have gotten so much out of it. If you are thinking of going into business, this book is an absolute "must have" resource. Thank you!
Scott Martin Productions
As I now run a creative business, as a book publisher and author, and as I also have some experience of being self employed as a niche-market seamstress, I thought this book would be an interesting read that I could learn much from.
I know the book is aimed at a different form of creativity – it is more geared towards crafters and visual artists – but there is still much that can be of use to most small business start-ups.
For example, early in the book you’re urged to imagine your ideal custome
Johanna
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Excellent resource, extremely thorough and easy to understand. The author brings you through every step and consideration you will need to successfully start and run a crafting business. Highly recommended!
Anthonia
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This a great book with detailed information on making your business work with a variety of different projects that benefit. A must read
Ashley Irby
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super informative, easy to understand. I received a copy of this from GoodReads. If you're thinking of starting a business in crafts - This is the book for you!
Erin
Mr. Nigel Canham
Dec 29, 2015
Cath Thorley
Feb 17, 2017
Fiona Pullen is the founder of The Sewing Directory (www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk), a freelance journalist and an affiliate business expert to the Craft & Hobby Association UK. With a background in law she loves to research and learn and has spent the last 5 years learning everything she can about running a creative business.

After sharing her knowled