Start by marking “Destiny (Dangerous Beauty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destiny (Dangerous Beauty, #1)

Destiny

(Dangerous Beauty #1)

One day in a beautiful garden destined them to meet again Nineteen years later ...

After the tragic death of his mother, Nathan Salerno has decided to live a life devoid of love. Shutting everything else out, his main purpose has become pleasing his father- the highly feared Don of the Salerno Crime family- and preparing to one day become the leader of a massive criminal or
Kindle Edition
Published May 23rd 2014 by Dewy Moss LLP

To ask other readers questions about Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva
Y'all, just stop. All these 4-5 star ratings for this. Really?

Promising premise, but the failure to deliver is damn near criminal.

First off, we have yet another "Hershey skinned" beauty that blushes. You want me to ignore that? Alright, fine. But please, wtf am I supposed to do with the ENDLESS EFFIN RHAPSODIZING about the girls oh so long, oh so incredibly soft hair. I mean multiple times per chapter,and I'm not exaggerating. I'm supposed to be swayed from my irritation by one mention of her pr
Amber
Sep 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Awful.

Just really terrible. It was bad enough having to hear all about Carter's hair every other page, but no other character in the book had any agency other than to tell Carter how hot/sexy/wax poetics about her hair, all while Carter winks and blushes (lol I doubt Carter would be blushing as a dark skinned woman but okay, she's extra special I guess).

The story line is all over the place. I didn't really understand how Carter and Nathan just started making out instantly without even saying Hi,
*Dee's books!
Don't get it twisted because this Carter Steele is a beauty alright, but a deadly, dangerous beauty with 'M-A-J-O-R' anger issues! Add that she's is a ruthless and methodical hitman's daughter, what else would you expect!

What took me so long to read this one, I can't recall but I'm glad I did. Hero, Nathan and crazy heroine, Carter were essentially meant to be together in this fantastic topsy-turvy mafia story. I enjoyed how the two met as very young children and their lustful reconnection some
Mspraise50
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review of Dangerous Beauty by Michelle Hardin

This is my first book by this new author and it will not be my last!
This is a new Mafia IR story with Nathan “Russian” Salerno and Carterina Anastacia Steel. This is Nathan and Carter’s story along with Nathan’s Crew (Luca, Kyle, Mickey, Dante). Well will have to keep an eye on Kyle though!

Nathan is the Underboss and Enforcer for the Salerno family and will take over from his father as Mob Boss when he steps down. Carter is the daughter of the pre
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
The saga continues. Another black heroine with long, silky straight hair. Really?

Bye.
Zandra
Fun read. I'm not usually one for this genre, but this girl was a great anti-hero. And yes, the grammar issues are there, but the humor, plot twists, and great pacing are all present. More than anything, I walked away wanting more and wondering how in the heck major publishers managed to keep missing such great writers.
Karen's Bookshelf
I really enjoyed Nathan and Carter's story. I like the idea of a alpha female who can hold her own. Nathan and Carter met when they were both very young and grew very attached to each other. Fast forward 19 years later, when they meet again. They have this undeniable attraction to each other that they just can't ignore. This story was a fast paced story that I couldn't put down. I can't wait for part 2.
Kelly
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous!

Fabulous!

Omg...this book was epic!!! A badass dude AND a bad-ass chick?! EPIC!!!

You have a beautiful love story alongside mafia lifestyle....my two favorites! I cannot wait until part 2!!
Shaquaila
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG GOOD! This book was outstanding,I couldn't put it down and can't wait for the sequel.
Elle1986
Wow... um yeah so I loved this book, actually if I am to be completely honest I enjoy mafia books.. add in the interracial relationship and hook line sinker. However... I will be completely honest it took me until around the 30% mark to really get into this book. I wasn't giving up on it because the issue I had was simple and eventually I knew it will all click into place... Now what was the issue you ask?

Well... there were A LOT of people thrown in from the beginning of the book... "The five" w
Ansu
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW !!!!! WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!WOW !!!!!

This is my first read by Michelle Hardin and it certainly will not be my last. This story pulled me in from page one and I could not put it down. I loved the first meeting between Carter and Nathan but the second meeting blew me away and I loved the insta love and there was no games being played. Carter wanted Nathan and she took him.

Carter was a good heroine, she was strong, feisty and sassy, she was easy to fall in love w
Daph
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Based on the buzz around this book, "Dangerous Beauty" has everything I would want in a story: kick-ass female lead who is neither a shrinking violet nor wishy-washy; a male lead who is tough and tender but majorly flawed; a supporting cast who causes all sorts of mayhem; and violence, lots of violence.

"Dangerous Beauty" is the story of a mafia prince who falls in love with a hitman's daughter. Sounds pretty awesome, plus it's written in 3rd person!

I had such high hopes...

Sometimes books have
Morgan
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This may be Ms. Hardin's first book but she knocked it out the park. Carter is bad ass and her man and his crew are not to be messed with. This story has romance, mystery, suspense, gore and humor all rolled into one awesome tale. The only thing I hate about a series is waiting for the next installment. Please don't make us wait too long, Ms Hardin. Kudos!
Shay
Not much to say about this one. It started off pretty good but went downhill at almost 50%. I feel like Carter (h) ruined the story for me. She went from being this cool bad ass chick to being completely fucking crazy. Her own man was kinda scared of her and he's a killer himself!!!! I couldn't keep going......oh well.
Trickiegyrl
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Truly a dangerous beauty.

This is a great start to the series. The relationship between Carter and Nathan is intense and deep. I loved the connection and acceptance that was shared. Eagerly anticipating book 2.
Celeste Hardin-cooley
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It is hard for me to fall on love with the main female in any romance book but Carter is definitely a character you will love. She is definitely bad ass!! I can't wait for part two! Great Read!!
Ragatnia Clara
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to the next installment!
Catarina Swartz
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Hardin has written a Mafia love story that spans 19 years. In part 1 the story starts with with a gorgeous, blue eyed blond 5 year old boy extending his hand out to a scared little 3 year old girl who's skin is like milk chocolate and beautiful long dark hair, taking her out to his mothers beautiful rose garden. He gives her a yellow rose and asks her to kiss it a make a wish. They never see each other again after that day.

19 years later Nathan Salerno, mafia underboss, ruthless killer,
Anny hernandez
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

WOW I just finish reading this book, and let me just say that I love it, love the characters, and cant believe that's how the book end it, I have to say that this book had me seating down on the edge of my seat, once I started reading this book I couldn't put the book down, and now I am so ready to read the second part of it, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anything away.

Let me just say that this book has a
Patty Thomas
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think this book was FANTASTIC. Intriguing, sweet, funny, intense and HOT! It makes me want to go out and find a Russian/ Italian mafia man haha.

Anyway, the characters in this book are well developed.. if you like to fall in love with main characters, it definitely happens here. Michelle Hardin makes them vividly come to life. Our two main protagonists have quite the back stories that initially shroud them in mysteries which are slowly, and not completely unfolded throughout the book.

All in a
Kimico Fane
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought I was lost without my Battaglias but my prayers were answered when I found Dangerous Beauty. Carter and Nathan are currently my favorite book couple. A lot of love and a lot of crazy!!! There are so many aspects of this book that I completely adore. Their initial meeting and how everything came full circle. They are eachother's perfect match in every way. I love love but I love crazy love even better!! I am on pins and needles waiting for part two!!
--karen Green-berry
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Nathan & Carter- BRAB Online Book Club

I was anxious to read this story based on the recommendations in several online book clubs. While I enjoyed the story, and applaud the author's effort, it being her first book, it was just an okay read for me.

The story just didn't flow for me, it seemed disjointed as if there was too much going on. I would love to see how Carter and Nathan's story ends, so I will definitely read the second book.
°BeauutiLovve
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!!!! This book was the best mafia/mobbed book I've read. Carter is the bomb, she don't play once she is unleased mannnn people better watch out. Omg I can't stop telling people about this book. If you want something good to read that's different "This is the book" I will only say that this is a kick azz, gun shooting, knife throwing and neck slicing good azz read. Don't sleep on this author and part 2 will be here in August I really can't wait.... buy the book readers
Auhmanduh
I was so excited...

I was so excited to read this book, and in some areas it didn't disappoint. However, in others I found myself whispering "wtf" or noticing the inconsistencies.

On a positive note, I liked that Carter was a strong female. Her relationship with her mom and the death of Nates mom are what I'm really interested in.
Andrea McLin
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Exciting..intriguing romantic easy read. I am very impressed to find out this is the authors first book. Good has blessed you with true talent. Continue to share your gift. I can't wait for the sequel. I am looking forward to much next purchase with you as the author.
Hilda
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great story! A little too many eye rolls and a very very spoiled Carterina but love the diversity and action in this book. The Fab 5 are awesome and super HOT! Looking forward to book 2 and wondering what secret Carter holds back about from Nathan. Is it Angelo's love for Anastacia or possibly Anya's infidelity????? Kudos to this new author and her wonderful imagination.
christina ebo
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was the bomb!!!!

This book was the bomb!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the next one tip be released. Please don't keep us waiting for too long.

Excellent plot, awesome characters, hot sex and lots of action. can't ask for anything more.
Avid Reader
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
A true page turner! It has a perfect balance of suspense, mystery, and romance. A few errors in grammar were distracting but overall the writing was good and story well developed. I can't wait for Book 2 in this series.
Vicky Barrett
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book... Carter and Nathan met when they were kids and didn't see each other again until 19 years later.. Their chemistry is hot... I also enjoyed the chemistry Carter had with the Five.. The book action, romance and had a mafia storyline... It's a very enjoyable read..
Nancy  L Thompson
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

I loved the characters and the believable story line in this book. I'm also glad I didn't discover it until the 2nd book was out. I also loved how you put a different spin on usual characters. Please keep the novels coming and I will become 1 of your biggest fans
Dangerous Beauty Part Two Now Available 2 11 Aug 20, 2014 02:37PM
Getting ready for Book Two!!! 2 15 Jul 17, 2014 10:27PM
  • Dmitry’s Royal Flush: Rise of the Queen (The Medlov Crime Family, #2)
  • Mi Carina - Diego's Wrath (Mi Carino/Carina #2)
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • The Dragon (G.O.N.Y. - Double Dragon #2)
  • Chayton's Tempest (The Megalodon Team #8)
  • Full Circle  (Full Circle, #1)
  • A Heart Not Easily Broken (The Butterfly Memoirs, #1)
  • Miscegenist Sabishii
  • The Ballerina & the Fighter (Ballerina, #1)
  • Over.
  • Aaren
Michelle Hardin is a dreamer from a town called Warrensburg in the Heart of the United States…Missouri…She is a graduate of Columbia College with a Bachelors in Psychology that she hugs close to her heart every night before bed. Michelle Hardin is a thinker. Her love and addiction to the romance genre began when she read 50 Shades of Grey on a dare. After she read that sexy little masterpiece, she ...more

Dangerous Beauty (5 books)
  • A Mafia Princess (Dangerous Beauty #2)
  • This is War (Dangerous Beauty #3)
  • Beautifully Broken (Dangerous Beauty #4)
  • Dark Beauty (Dangerous Beauty #5)