Start by marking “Matt Archer: Redemption (Matt Archer #5)” as Want to Read:
Matt Archer: Redemption (Matt Archer #5)

Matt Archer: Redemption (Matt Archer #5)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  226 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
“There’s more to me than you know…”

When Matt Archer’s sister, Mamie, said those words to him three years ago, he had no idea how prophetic they were, or what this would mean for his family.

Now, he knows. And it changes everything, bringing the war right to Matt’s doorstep.

In the epic conclusion to the Matt Archer series, the endgame is near. Betrayed by an enemy, the wield
Published July 4th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Matt Archer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matt Archer

♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
Review to come!
Rhiannon H Morris
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**This is a review of a previous release ARC I won in the author's pre-publication giveaway**

I finished reading the previous book in the series, Bloodlines, about twelve hours after its release and ever since have wondered how Kendra would finish off all of the lose ends of the story in just one last installment...

The resolution of the congressional hearings, the secrets about the Archers, the final two prime monsters, the Chinese shaman, the meaning of the Peruvian prophecy and Matt’s vision of
Deanna Stanley
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I was offered an advance copy in exchange for a fair review. And wow! What a book.

When I finished book four in the Matt Archer series I really didn't see how Kendra Highley was going to finish everything in one book. But she did, and in a satisfying (if bittersweet) fashion. This is the story of the final battle of good versus evil, and Matt and his siblings play the key roles.

But first, there's congressional hearings (worse than monsters any day!), the fourth prime monster to be taken outs, and
Kendra
May 23, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Releases July 4, 2014!
Kantami Blossom
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
i was lucky enough to win an advanced copy from the author in a competition, and i was just shocked at the book.

at the start of my review for bloodlines i called the opening epic, bloodlines pales in comparison to the epic opening of redemption.
the drama of the congressional hearing, the monstrous(no pun intended) scale of the action, the loss of good men, and the death of heroes and an angel.

redemption up's the ante set by the previous books as all five wielders are sent worldwide to deal with
Amanda Kern
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read the Matt Archer series from the beginning. I have also read the books multiple times. The books always left me at the edge of my seat wanting more. This time it was no different.

I won an ARC of this book from her website. I got it about 5pm this evening and I could not put it down. It also made me cry a little. I could not believe what she did. Especially about that nasty congressional meeting that was at the end of the last book.

I do recommend though rereading the last book before
Andre Dias
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't praise the book enough. It has left me sobbing, silently, when the final battle drew high. I can't think of a better ending than this.
Kaytee (Flirting with Fiction)
It might already be too late.
Kendra… Kendra Kendra Kendra…. WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?
Let me start out by saying that I have been with Matt since the first book tour of Matt Archer: Monster Hunter. I was skeptical to say the least. Teenage monster hunter? Uhhhhhh…. but I decided, why not? So I signed up. Best decision of my life. Worst decision of my life? Reading this book in public places. Like the airport. The plane. The bus ride to Disneyland. Disneyland. I’m sure people looked at me like
Book Junky Girls
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The totally crazy epic conclusion to what has truely been an amazing series. Taking you on a rollercoaster of emotions, be sure to keep a box of Kleenex near while reading this one!!!!

Who would have ever thought things would turn out quite like this when starting this series? It may be called the Matt Archer Series, but throughout each book we've become entangled in a great many characters lives. And now we see how things really end for everyone. We also learn what was really going on that we ne
Rebecca Henderson
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to be a beta reader for the final book in this series. What a strong, emotion-filled ending to a set of books I have truly enjoyed reading every step of the way. Highley finishes this series with even more of the intense action we've come to expect from Matt and his team -- I don't know how she did it, but she managed to ramp up the intensity and scale in climactic battle scenes that can truly be described as epic (in the enduring sense of the word, not just its current usage). The ...more
Dawn
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

Matt Archer: Redemption is a young adult fantasy. It is the fifth and final book in the Matt Archer series. It’s one of those series in which I got attached to the characters and was sorry to see it end.

The other books have been building up to this one. It has even more action, more monsters and demons, and a lot more heartache.

The characters are well developed and still have a surprise or two. Their relationships have also developed (in
Becca Andre
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think Kendra could top her last book, but I was wrong. Redemption blew me away! It opens in epic fashion, grabs you by the throat, and never lets go.

The end game has begun and it's up to Matt and his fellow wielders to save the day--and the world. As in previous books in this series, the fights are intense, and the emotions raw and hard hitting. Kendra has the rare ability to make me feel while reading. Be warned, there are some gut-wrenching moments in this book, but I couldn't see it
Kristen Otte
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
With Redemption, Kendra Highley did something great–she finished a young adult series well. The storyline is tied up by the last chapter. Even though you want to see more from the characters, you don't need it. The story is complete.

If you have read the previous Matt Archer novels, Redemption follows the same pattern. It has plenty of action, but humor laced in the dialogue to ease the tension. By book five, you are rooting for the characters so it's tough to lose any of them, but it's an epic b
Pratr- Authors
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!!! I. Am speechless. This book threw me for a loop. I have laughed feared and cried with all these characters. Matt Archer and the rest of the welders are in front of Congress trying to make them believe about monsters. What happens when you get all 5 welders in one spot? The monsters come to them but it's only the beginning. Will all the archers come out of this alive or will they all lose? I an so sad to see the end of the series but this book ties it all together. I give this book and th ...more
Kelly
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I am flat out exhausted. This is a young adult novel and I am anything but a young adult...however, I fought the demons and monsters from the comfort of my own chair right along with Matt Archer and the other wielders. I had to put it down several times as it got pretty intense...jaws music intense. You know it's coming...you know someone won't make it back. Good versus Evil. Good job, Kendra C. Highley!
Louisa
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this was such a great book, and so sad too, I cried, and I almost never cry, and yeah, I just wish we could've had more book, especially the ending, after everything was over, or the epilogue, it had a lot of information of how their lives had gone on, but I want more!!! All in all, really great ending to the series! And I'm sad to see it go!
Wolfgarr
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kindra C Highley In my opinion is one of that very rare 1% who CAN write about a male main character in her story and GET IT RIGHT.

Loved the series, Made me laugh, Cringe, Cry, and shout YES!!!
More importantly Highley made me CARE about the characters in this story.

+1000 Stars for Zero Gender/feminist Bull..S....
Kurt Kinder
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have finished the entire series and am disappointed. There is now no more to read. This was an excellent series! The characters were great and the books flowed very good! I would recommend this series to any age from teenage to anyone who enjoys reading. I am 66 and really enjoyed it!
liirogue
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, great ending to an incredibly enjoyable series. It's a YA series but the author isn't afraid to address some heavy issues, and this book is no exception. Heart breaking and thrilling ending.
Marked By Books
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The summary for Matt Archer: Redemption describes this book as "the epic conclusion." EPIC. Now I'd say that's a fairly accurate description.

Everything has been leading up to this. When Matt saw the vision of his team riding through the sand dunes to face an unspeakable, oncoming evil, that day was always far off somewhere in the future. But now that day is here, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. The darkness is tired of waiting, and it's coming for the Archers.

And can I just say, w
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: How do I say this without fangirling too much? I absolutely LOVED this book. Wow. Good. Great. Fantastic. Exciting. Sad. Satisfying. I’m feeling that excited/shaky/giddy rush from finishing a great series.

How’s that? I know. I fangirled. I’m not sorry. Not even a little bit.
Seriously, this was a great end to a great series. I was expecting a slower start, but Ms. Highley jumped right in and got the party started. I was hooked from the first page until the very end. I didn’
books are love
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
the last in the series and it doesn't disappoint. This is such a amazing, action packed book with humour and tenderness as well. More than just hunting monsters is dealt with here. We have family dynamics, acceptance, love and letting go occurring as well. So many heartfelt moments occur.

Mamie is the focus here even if it doesn't seem it. Mamie and brent play a role in saving humanity. Matt has more and more nightmares that show Mamie in danger. brent becomes her guard and this is part of the le
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Check out the giveaway at my blog and read an excerpt too.Just click the banner below to go directly to the post.

I have to say I almost loved this series as much as I loved the Harry Potter series. Now they are nothing alike or anything, but this group of characters suck you into their lives and don't let go. I enjoyed the fascinating world the author created. Its not fantasy really, but its set in our current world with demons (monsters) coming through to this dimension. Anyway, its all told i
Laurie
What an awesome conclusion to this exciting, action-packed, and thoroughly addictive series!! I don’t know how Kendra can consistently raise the bar for this Matt Archer junkie grandma but she does. With freakish monsters on the verge of overwhelming the brave wielders, the Congressional Oversight nematodes demand a hearing. Oh! The joy when the jackasses in Washington experience the unprecedented terror, turmoil, and devastation of invaders within their midst! I became so caught up in the actio ...more
Debra Waddick
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm an emotional wreck....

And I'm just gonna sit in this little corner of my dorm room and cry my eyes out, glad that for once I won't have to act unemotional when reading a book.

Particularly this one, because the author is a meanie.

But also funny.

And really good at keeping a story going.

And typing up all ends so I'm not left with loose ends.

But really, just know that she is a meanie. And that you should read this book.
Richard
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good conclusion to an excellent series.

All five books were well written, fast paced, and highly entertaining. Readers must have a high tolerance for monsters and violence. A good choice for young adults and older.
andrew tatman
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are great books

The whole series was amazingly good. The first one started a bit slow and teenagy but picked up speed. By the end of the series I was amazed at how good the story was
Ken
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good end to the series. Stayed true to the character(s) and storyline established in the books.
Well written. No glaring errors in grammar or writing - not that I am a big stickler on it.
I do recommend the series since all books are out so you can read them all after each other.
Jonathan Wilson
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great conclusion to a great series. Couldn't put it down!
Kravix
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful end to the Matt Archer series. I am sure I will re-read this again, although I am sad that the journey with Matt is at an end.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A New Threat
  • The Year of Four (Phoebe Pope, #1)
  • Shadow Eyes (Shadow Eyes, #1)
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires (The Templar Chronicles, #3)
  • Dead Light
  • The Newstead Project
  • The Enchantress of Lynniah
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Hound's Bite (Ivy Granger, #5)
  • Upload
  • The Perpetual Rain (The Chronicles of Trellah, #1)
  • Fading Light (Shadow Born, #2)
  • SILVER: Acheron (A River of Pain) (The Amaranthe Chronicles, #1) (Silver, #1)
  • River of Bones
  • Beloved Evangeline
Kendra C. Highley lives in north Texas with her husband and two children. She also serves as staff to four self-important and high-powered cats. This, according to the cats, is her most important job. She believes in everyday magic, extraordinary love stories, and the restorative powers of dark chocolate
More about Kendra C. Highley

Matt Archer (5 books)
  • Matt Archer: Monster Hunter (Matt Archer #1)
  • Matt Archer: Blade's Edge (Matt Archer #2)
  • Matt Archer: Legend (Matt Archer #3)
  • Matt Archer: Bloodlines (Matt Archer #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)