Start by marking “Bone-Crusher: A Godric MacEuan Novella” as Want to Read:
Bone-Crusher: A Godric MacEuan Novella

Bone-Crusher: A Godric MacEuan Novella

(Siege Master)

A TALE FROM THE SIEGE MASTER SERIES, THE EPIC STORY OF THE FIRST CRUSADE, TOLD AS NEVER BEFORE: FIRST-PERSON NARRATION OF A SIEGE LORD WHO BATTLES TURKS, TRAITORS, STARVATION AND DEATH ITSELF TO WIN A CRUSADE AND RECLAIM HOLY JERUSALEM.

Sheriff-at-large Baron Godric MacEuan is testing his new prototype siege engine when King Malcolm summons him: Stop a rogue Viking earl fro
Published May 23rd 2014 by Tom Vetter Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bone-Crusher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bone-Crusher

Mark
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Very good read, very well reseached novella, it gets better as the story goes along, a very quick read.

not sure about some of the dialogue used seems abit modern to me.

some very small editing issues, which will annoy some readers, I will be messaging the author about these so he can correct them.

it also gives us a taste of the authors style of writing which good and show promise of good things to come.

ps it was a free book.
Jackie
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
For anyone who is into the crusades and the time period catholic or not this is a great series and a even better book. I think you could pick it up read it and have no clue about the story line and really enjoy it. I loved it well written, developed and this point in the story line the characters have really blossomed into something memorable and true. I have not a single thing I can say bad about this book. Well done Mr. Vetter take a bow Sir!
Christine J Randall
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bernard Cornwell Fans
I started reading this novella last night, intending only a quick read before sleep, but I couldn't put Bone-Crusher down! Already intrigued by the storyline from the time I heard of the Siege Master series, I eagerly grabbed this free novella from the author's website.

Tom Vetter presents a smoothly-told account, in third person, crediting the invention of the 'tree-bucket' to his Baron - the Siege Master - skillfully blending fact and fiction without being overly burdensome with history. I was
Katharina Gerlach
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting. It was just as good as the preceding novel "Call to Crusade". The language flows well, and the characters are very believable. I enjoyed seeing some of the people again. Since it's a free book, you can't go wrong.
Juneta Key
This is not my normal read but I loved it. It was well written. I like the character and I could see the scenes in my head playing out. If you like stories involving history you will definitely enjoy this short read.
Dave
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story of Godric the sheriff. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading about the era of vikings, knights, crusades, and castles and likes the story to be reasonably accurate.
Great job Tom, I look forward to reading more of yours.
Harrison Vetter
Apr 28, 2015
Helene Sopko
Nov 05, 2014
Tom Vetter
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Kim Hathorn
Mar 01, 2018
Get a FREE e-book copy of BONE-CRUSHER 1 1 May 16, 2015 11:35AM
Read BONE-CRUSHER for FREE 1 2 May 29, 2014 09:09AM
Those who can, do. Those who can do no longer, teach - or better still, write. Tom Vetter has done both - living it first and then writing about it. As a naval officer he served more than two decades in submarines and deep submergence vehicles. During his career then-Commander Vetter sailed more than 100,000 miles on and undersea. He operated diesel and nuclear submarines during the Vietnam and Co ...more

Siege Master (3 books)
  • Call To Crusade
  • The Siege Master's Song (The Siege Master series, #2)
  • March To Nicaea: The Recollections of Lord Godric MacEuan on the First Crusade: (The Siege Master Book 3)