Start by marking “Mercy Killer” as Want to Read:
Mercy Killer

Mercy Killer

A serial killer roams the halls of Sentinel Health Systems who’s dedicated to setting people free—with or without their permission.

Dr. Lori Westlake wishes she could help her terminally-ill patients end their suffering on their own terms. So when she’s invited to join the Circle of Peace, a clandestine euthanasia society, she sees it as a possible avenue for her conviction
Published May 21st 2014 by Mountainview Books, LLC (first published April 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mercy Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy Killer

Pages: 400
Year: 2012
Publisher: Mountainview Books
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Mercy-Killer-Ja...
Before I share my thoughts on this particular novel let me tell you that the author is donating the proceeds from the sales of the book to ALS research.
When I began reading this robust story, I wasn’t quite sure which direction the action or plot was going in, but am I glad to have read the book. Part of the story is mystery, suspense, thriller along with fa
Gophergirl58
A good book, IMHO, but not a great one; but maybe I feel this way because the other book that I read by Mr. Pence, "Unseen," was so. very. good! I figured the killer out early, and, I don't know...it just didn't hold my interest. I cannot say that I particularly enjoyed the topic of human euthanasia because our lives are for God and God alone to take. So to have a main character that sort of believes in the cause, probably was the impetus for me to remain detached from this book. And lastly, it ...more
Jane  Pettitt
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good read
Carol
A true thriller, this book really made me think. I will never look at ALS (Lou Gehrig's) or the idea of ending one's own suffering the same way again. But it's really a thriller, a sometimes-scary-serial-killer kind of book. You just end up more compassionate and aware of what so many people are dealing with. People a lot of us don't usually think much about.

This book isn't preachy about euthanasia at all but has a very powerful message. I personally don't think it needs to be under Christian ca
C.J. Darlington
I've never thought about euthanasia the same since reading this book, and I didn't guess the killer! I love it when an author can pull one over on me like that. James Pence is a skilled storyteller who keeps you riveted through each page. You care about his characters and savor his plots. I hope he writes more suspense novels in the future.
Paula
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-log, august-2014
Almost nobody gets 5 stars from me - but this book was that good. When I am wrong about who the killer is, it is a good mystery. This is a fast-paced thriller, read it in a couple days, grabbing every spare second that I could.
Nicole
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing! I didn't expect anything from this book and tbh, I thought I wasn't going to like it bc I just accidentally picked this up and I'm glad I did! It's a thriller/mystery book but it also sends a powerful message.
T. Darlington