Start by marking “Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)

Crooked Kingdom

(The Six of Crows Duology #2)

4.60  ·  Rating details ·  173,763 ratings  ·  24,273 reviews
Welcome to the world of the Grisha.

Kaz Brekker and his crew of deadly outcasts have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives.

Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descen
Published September 27th 2016 by Orion Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Crooked Kingdom, please sign up.
Leigh Bardugo This seems to be the question everyone is asking about CK. For now, this is a duology. I may write more books in the series down the line, but not for…moreThis seems to be the question everyone is asking about CK. For now, this is a duology. I may write more books in the series down the line, but not for a while. (less)
Michael Personally, I enjoyed the Grisha trilogy though I wasn't a big fan of the ending (okay, I was really hoping almost the exact opposite of what happened…morePersonally, I enjoyed the Grisha trilogy though I wasn't a big fan of the ending (okay, I was really hoping almost the exact opposite of what happened to have happened), however Six of Crows is world's above and beyond; the entire cast is great, the fantasy-heist story is fun with some solid character development and it's a great read.(less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,129 books — 9,707 voters
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterGlass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Can't Wait Books of 2016
1,309 books — 6,897 voters

More lists with this book...

·  173,763 ratings  ·  24,273 reviews

Start your review of Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
Nat
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diverse-reads
Check out my Depop where I sell books and niche findings here AT HALF-PRICE:
bookspoils depop

Before I start my review, can we just take a minute to admire this beautiful piece of art featuring my favorites:
Source

“I will have you without armour, Kaz Brekker. Or I will not have you at all.”

This review contains *spoilers*.

The wait for this grandiose sequel has been all-consuming, I've been thinking about the Dregs for months and months now, so getting back into their lives has been one of the most r
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I know we frown upon picking favorite books here, but you know what? This is my favorite book of all time and y'all can leave.

Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren’t chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the
Emily May
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2016, fantasy
That’s the problem with Ketterdam, Jesper thought as they stumbled uncertainly through the dark. Trusting the wrong person can get you killed.

What's that down there on the ground, you say? Oh, it's just my heart after Bardugo callously ripped it out *sob*

Seriously, this book was such a crazy ride. The jump in quality from the Grisha trilogy to Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom is just astounding. These books have Bardugo's compelling style all over them, and yet they are so much more complex,
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
(3.75?) I have such a complicated relationship with this duology.

I WANT to love it. I do care about the characters but not nearly as much as the Fandom seems to.

I wish there was more about the magic system which was my favorite part in the Grisha trilogy and is sadly lacking in here. I still think things seem so easy for Kaz, that he seems to be able to plan elaborate plans to double-cross everyone in a matter of second...

(view spoiler)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
oops i slipped and re-read this for a second time this year. :o

I really enjoyed this re-read! There are so many things that happen in this book that I completely forgot about. I still feel like the oddball with this one though, because I prefer Six of Crows over Crooked Kingdom. It's a great finale, but I feel like there are times when things drag out quite a bit. Regardless, I still love it!
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, owned
Review/discussion: https://youtu.be/aFX-hrVHFus

My favourite part of reading this was that as I took review notes every time I wrote Kaz it autocorrected to Kazoo

This freaking book oh my goodness. I LOVED IT, even more than the first one actually. I adore this characters and I must see them again. A Nina spin off perhaps? YES PLEASE.
chai ♡
UPDATE: it worked! ....I recommend you put your palm on the page, say (very resolutely) "not today, satan" and linger eternally in the Denial stage of grief.

Me: *opens my French copy of Crooked Kingdom and begins reading*

Me, still in denial: hey maybe in French nothing bad happens to [redacted]
Regan
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UGHHHHH I NEEEEDDD MORRRREEEEEE
Victoria Aveyard
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HOW DARE YOU LEIGH
C.G. Drews
Read 2 | March 2019

so my chief thought going into this reread was: maybe if I reread it the ending will be different? And I'm here to say the tYPO of that ending with That Character still remains and i am a mess. Also I actually remembered so so little of this, so the reread was basically like reading something fresh. I missed my dregs. I loved getting wrapped in the harsh details, the wanting, the found-family, the hope and betrayal and wickedly clever schemes. Kaz's schemes within schemesw wer
Katerina
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
“No mourners.
No funerals.”

Let me tell you a story about a girl I know.
For the first time in her life, she got a job, a great job, and she was happy about it. There was only one huge drawback: there was no time to read. Only stolen moments and a few pages a day, just to keep in touch with the essence of magic only words can offer. One cloudy morning, while she was in the bus to work, reading, a scene came. You know which one. There was a gunshot. A kiss. And then silence. Deafening silence. B
Lucia
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
COMPLETELY SPOILER-FREE REVIEW:

First thing first, meet Kaz Brekker's crew:

5 REASONS WHY CROOKED KINGDOM IS THE BEST SEQUEL EVER

#1 Storytelling at its best
This book will literally keep you on the edge of your seat, your toes curling and your heart racing. There was not a single boring moment. On contrary! I flew through this book and wish it was even longer than 546 pages.

#2 Parade of twists
Leigh Bardugo is a genius. I can't even count how many times during this book I thought "No way! I didn't s
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
LEIGH BARDUGO IS A RELENTLESS DEMJIN!!!

This was my first thought when I finished to read “Crooked Kingdom” and after thinking about it, I decided to leave it at that! It’s true! This amazing woman gave me all the feels and played me like a fiddle! There were so many twists and turns that my head actually started to spin and whenever I thought something would be alright, everything, literally everything changed once again!

How did you do this Leigh?
How can you be such a talented manipula
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
*heaves deep breath in*

Where do I even begin?

Leigh friggin' Bardugo. You really, truly outdid yourself with this one. Never in my life have I been more severely anxious over a novel than this right here— would it live up to the hype's madness? Could it surpass the sheer awesomeness that was Six of Crows? Will anything ever compare? Was I just digging my own grave of unfulfilled hopes and dreams like this?

Yes, yes, yes and NO, thank the Saints (or well, Inej will).

Crooked Kingdom is one of those
Warda
My 2nd reread and a few things to take note.

*Leigh Bardugo is a demjin.
*All the mediocre YA fantasy that are being released these days need to read this book to know what quality YA fantasy actually is. (I'm feeling petty and I'm in mourning right now, so I had to go there, so leave me alone.)
*Though I worship all these characters, Kaz and Inej are my gods.
*Finding out this was going to be a trilogy was a blessing, because I felt robbed and deprived by the end of this book. We wanted more and
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》

What went wrong the first time:

1) The plot was very different than what i had on mind. This just threw me off. For some reason, i expected CK to be about Grisha rising & the crows helping out Nina to win the war. I wanted it to be grander than just Kaz and his greed. I was waiting for Ravka to rebel.

2) The hype! Too much hype is a huge turn off for me. Always.

3) Got spoiled about the ending & apparently i wasn't the only one. Some fangirl didn't like the way Leigh wrapped things up, so she deci
karen
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
congratulations! semifinalist in goodreads' best YA fantasy & science fiction category 2016!

photo IMG_6823_zpso5odeitt.jpg

But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary.
Hannah
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, owned
MY VIDEO REVIEW IS NOW LIVE: https://youtu.be/ehlUs9b3JZs

That was INCREDIBLE!

I don't have the words to describe how absolutely perfect this is. Hands down the best book I've read this year and one of the best books I've EVER read.

I loved the first book, but Crooked Kingdom took the bones of Six of Crows and gave them life. Not only is it the perfect sequel in terms of expanding the world and further developing the themes and characters, but it can absolutely stand alone as it's own story.

This se
Jessica Edwards
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
She's only gone and done it again! Fantastic
Melanie

1.) Six of Crows ★★★★

“Maybe there were people who lived those lives. Maybe this girl was one of them. But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary.”

First and foremost, can we talk about the diversity and representation in this book?

- Main characters are POC.
- LGBTQ main characters.
- Disabled main characters.
- Body positivity.
- Abusive family dyn
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

One day later, I still can't believe that I didn't love this. I still can't believe that I've waited a year, seen all my friends adoring it, and ended disappointed and alone in my shameful corner. I still can't believe that I almost wish I didn't read it, because I can't forget that while I did like it, Crooked Kingdom :

Yep, that's Kaz. Hear me out : it's no secret that I have a soft spot for cunning and ruthless thieves who may or may not be hiding their vulnerabilities. As much as I do realiz
Chloe
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow. wow. wow. perfection.
Kai
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Crows remember human faces. They remember the people who feed them, who are kind to them. And the people who wrong them too. They don’t forget. They tell each other who to look after and who to watch out for.”

A nearly perfect conclusion to a mindblowing and breathtaking duology. I promise you, I've never read a better example for diversity and representation. This series features characters of multiple cultures, faiths, and sexualities, suffering from mental or physical illness and battling dif
Adam Silvera
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Leigh Bardugo's stories are masterful. I'm such a slow reader with a mountainous TBR, so to have read ALL FIVE of her books is a huge sentiment in my life. I love the Grisha world so much and welcome any and all additions to it. Also, GIMME A TV SHOW WITH THESE CHARACTERS. This world is so epic.
✨    jamieson   ✨
My original review is below BUT OKAY OH BOY LET ME TALK ABOUT THIS BOOK (ramble ahead)

fuck !!! i love everyone so much. this book means the world. I swear to god I just love every character and all their interactions so much. I don't understand how Leigh Bardugo made me love these characters so much. Like, they're fake but I swear to god they feel SO REAL. It's actually physically painful thinking about how it's over and I can't get more of them (if they don't appear in King of Scars I'll find L
emma
“Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?” -American songstress Katy Perry on the tragedy of finishing this duology

I do not “have emotions” very often. I am rarely “sad,” which is a personal choice because being sad is gross and unpleasant. I much prefer to exist in an emotionless vortex of my own creation.

However.

I AM SO VERY SAD THAT THIS DUOLOGY IS OVER.

All I want to do is dive back in (hence the “wanting to start again” part of the iconic quote
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
What would have been 5 stars...I now leave at merely 3...

I ADORED book one. And, being that for years now I have heard nothing but how book two was even better and so supposedly beyond amazing, I was fully expecting to adore this one too.

And, welp...

description

I wish I could say the story fell apart and slogged along or that I was bored. But again...

Nope.

The plot here was just as rousing as the first book, I loved the characters, etcetera, etcetera...

So why am I not rating it 5 stars you ask?

***spoiler
Chelsea Humphrey
Wah… Once again I’m at the end of the road with a bunch of pals I hate to see go. Honestly, I didn’t have high expectations for Six of Crows before starting it; I’ve learned over the past few years that most books being overly hyped tend to let me down, so I adjusted my expectations and decided to read it just to say I had. I was wrong about this one. If I had read Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy first, I probably would have gotten through it more quickly, but since I hadn’t I had to go slowly and get ...more
jessica
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
things i need in order to survive: air, food and water, this book.

this book obviously being the most important item on that list.

wow. i will tell you what, i must have been a saint in another life because i do not feel worthy of this book. i laughed, i cried, i yelled, i loved, i cheered, i swooned, i died. i felt every emotion humanly possible. i am so grateful to live in a world where this duology exists. <3

5 stars
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Updated *Full Review* only minor spoilers..

Wowow.

Spoiler free initial thoughts..

1. Holy blazers this is the most in depth clever plot I've ever read.
2. Bless you, Leigh, bless you.
3. If you haven't read Grisha.. i highly recommend it.. because it will make this book that much more awesome. Not only is Grisha one of my ALL TIME favorite trilogies, but I absolutely adored this and the two series weave together SO well. Why? (view spoiler)

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (coming soon to Netflix) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars— with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her other works include Wo ...more

The Six of Crows Duology (2 books)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Inspired by her alma mater, Leigh Bardugo's first adult novel deals with secret societies and the occult.
“I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.” 3219 likes
“Fear is a phoenix. You can watch it burn a thousand times and still it will return.” 1568 likes