Start by marking “Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters” as Want to Read:
Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters

Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters

When it comes to creating powerful and effective hacking tools, Python is the language of choice for most security analysts. But just how does the magic happen?

In Black Hat Python, the latest from Justin Seitz (author of the best-selling Gray Hat Python), you'll explore the darker side of Python's capabilities writing network sniffers, manipulating packets, infecting virtu
Paperback, 1st Edition, 171 pages
Published December 14th 2014 by No Starch Press (first published November 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Black Hat Python, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Hat Python

Start your review of Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
Julio Biason
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
The very first chapter give me high hopes for this book: Since Python is basically part of every single Linux install, you could do a shitton retrieving system and user information by just using the normal packages. You won't even need to install nmap or similar; using plain Python packages, you could check which services are running and such.

But then, things go downhill.

After the first chapter, you start to add Python packages, which means you need to have root access -- and even if you use som
Emily
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, great examples with solid explanations of code. Great fun to play with in my spare time. As I had prior experience with sockets in C I was pleased to be able to pick up sockets in python so quickly. Github did not disappoint.

Not a book for a beginner scripter even if it does start with "how to install an IDE" - which was my only hang up ironically. Kali 2.0 came out a few weeks after this book and my determination to test it out while working through this book was a pain the ass. Even
Muhammad
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much better than Gray Hat Python, though some dependencies are a hell to install. Gives information on useful tools every penetration tester/hacker should have in their arsenal.
Vilém Zouhar
Jul 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
I've read the previous book by Justin Seitz (Gray Hat Python), which I didn't like, but I was still willing to give this one a shot. I shouldn't have. As with the previous one, most of the topics and examples were Windows specific and required high level of theoretical expertise. That's not necessarily bad, but since the book started again with setting up the IDE, I thought the learning curve of topics covered won't be so steep. The only chapter which I enjoyed was Chapter 7 (Github Command and ...more
Alex
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
It is a bit overrated. This is a pretty crappy book, it uses a lot of code you don't understand unless you are a professional and it doesn't even explain it. It omits some basic concepts that you absolutely need to understand before learning anything else.

It is also outdated. IT USES PYTHOH 2.7!!!

Not really worth the money!
Wellington Watt
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never you get depressed for a man who is cheating on you rather fish out the person your man is cheating on you with. Email wisetechhacker @ gmail com so as to get into your spouse phone without any notice. #depression kills
Frank Palardy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a few years old but good for python networking.
Chakrit Yau
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Python ทำให้ทุกอย่างง่ายดาย แม้กระทั่งการเขียน malware
العاقل البحري
Michal Zima
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent content, so many things to learn it's hard to find a start.

But the code could be written in python3
Mike Sachs
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: infosec
Decent book, but many of the codes just don't work. Be prepared to fix them. But, hey that's a good way to learn too right?
Hugh Smalley
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

Black Hat Python explores the darker side of Python’s capabilities, helping you test your systems and improve your security posture.

In *Black Hat Python*, the latest from Justin Seitz (author of the best-selling *Gray Hat Python*), you'll explore the darker side of Python's capabilities writing network sniffers, manipulating packets, inf

Julio
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cs
This is a very well laid out book. It reads easily and the python examples are great. Seitz python is simple and effective. You'll get a taste of it early on with his python packet sniffer.
I found of special interest his approach to XSS and Windows post exploitation techniques. Here's what you'll take away from this book: python's capacity to interact with many different api's and programs is what makes it such a powerful tool.
Michael Corley
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should definitely be on your shelf if you are a programmer and particularly if you a python programmer. It is a must own text which lays out how to conduct attacks in a very simple manner. I always thought there was so much mystery concerning hacking and cyber security, but he breaks down complex topics at a code level so you can understand them. It is extremely well written and very understandable.
Dgg32
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A good python for hack book. Begins with easy stuffs and then advances to some high-level Windows hacking. Recommended.
Justin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall, it was a good book. I especially liked the online code. Also, I liked that, being an EFF member, I got a discount.
Apostolos Zacharopoulos
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great detailed book,very good choice for everyone who want to start learning the basics of pen-testing and python script-writing
Laci
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice, hands-on book with many interesting tips.
I'm neither a black hat nor a pen tester, but I still like the insights this book provides.
Graziano Misuraca
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Good book, but they got lazy (again) with checking their code samples.
Sweemeng Ng
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good review of technique to use on python. They show enoough to start, but not everything. The rest you need to explore yourself
Rex Anthony
Martin Molnar
Oct 06, 2015
Jeremy Cooke
Nov 27, 2016

• Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
  • Hacking: The Art of Exploitation
  • Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
  • The Hacker Playbook 2: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
  • Nmap Network Scanning: The Official Nmap Project Guide to Network Discovery and Security Scanning
  • The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security
  • Python Machine Learning
  • Serious Cryptography: A Practical Introduction to Modern Encryption
  • Introduction to Algorithms
  • Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide
  • Computer Networks
  • Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
  • The Art of Intrusion: The Real Stories Behind the Exploits of Hackers, Intruders and Deceivers
  • Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
  • Red Team Field Manual (RTFM)
  • Advanced Penetration Testing: Hacking the World's Most Secure Networks
  • Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
  • Modern Operating Systems

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »