Start by marking “The Shamrock Case (Amelia Moore Detective Series #2)” as Want to Read:
The Shamrock Case (Amelia Moore Detective Series #2)

The Shamrock Case

(Amelia Moore Detective Series #2)

Amelia Moore, the founder of the Moore Detective Agency, specializes in missing persons. With the help of Rick Bonito, her new partner, her business is flourishing. When Amelia is hired to search for her client's grandparents, the case takes them to Ireland. Kate must learn about her heritage. Who are her grandparents and could they still be alive after all these years? Wh ...more
Published May 15th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Shamrock Case, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shamrock Case

As You Are by Sarah M. EdenFor Elise by Sarah M. EdenHope Springs by Sarah M. EdenFull Steam Ahead by Karen WitemeyerBecoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer  Moore
2014 Swoony Awards
539 books — 1,650 voters
Six of Crows by Leigh BardugoCinder by Marissa MeyerClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareBitterblue by Kristin CashoreThe Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
YA High Fantasy
121 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Inishowen Cailín
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it

There is much that I enjoyed about this simple, sweet, mystery romance. It is a quick and easy read. Amelia and Rick's quest to locate their client's grandparents was an interesting story and it had an unexpected twist at the end.
The story is set in Ireland and the author did a lovely job of writing about it. The characters have an almost childlike appreciation of all the sights, tastes and sounds they experience during their visit. You almost feel like you are on the tourist trail with them. Ri
Melanie
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) I enjoyed this second book a little bit more than the first one in this series! Amelia and Rick are working together again and this adventure takes them to Ireland. Kate has recently learned she was adopted and that her birth parents both died shortly after she was born. She wants to search for her biological grandparents so Amelia and Rick head to Ireland.

I'm enjoying getting to know more about Amelia and I love Amelia and Rick's relationship. They're so different which makes their
Jonel
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other, kindle
Clarke brings the lushness of Ireland to life through her intricate descriptions and wonderful storytelling. This picturesque backdrop is the perfect setting for Clarke`s warm and captivating tale. The characters were enchanting, and the plot held me captive throughout. I throughout enjoyed getting into this mystery. It was loads of fun unravelling it all. At the same time, Clarke made me feel as if I were part of it all.

I thoroughly enjoyed how often these characters ate and what they had. It
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
One day I'd like to visit Ireland just for some of the towns and sights mentioned in this book! The author paints a picture of the country (or at least the parts mentioned) which allowed me to imagine the people and towns in my mind. I liked how many of the homes/businesses were painted brighter colors - or at least a couple that Amelia and Rick visited.

In the first book (Bali Mystery), Amelia and Rick have discovered they are interested in each other. However, Amelia has a firm rule about not b
Linda
A sweet and entertaining cozy mystery set in IRELAND!

Rick held the clover in his hand. He looked at it and twirled it between his fingers as he said, "I'm calling this the Shamrock Case from now on. I love what it represents."

THE SHAMROCK CASE by Linda Weaver Clarke is a very sweet cozy mystery. This is the second book in the author's Amelia Moore Detective Series, but it can be easily enjoyed as a standalone if that is your preference. Just be aware that there are two primary characters who f
Yvonne
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amelia Moore is back with a brand new case for the Moore Detective Agency. Amelia’s heart breaks for Kate, a teenager who just learns that she had been adopted. Although the young woman loves her adoptive parents, she wants to find out more about her heritage and if she has any relatives. All she knows is that her parents left Ireland suddenly, moved to America and were never heard from again. Kate wants to know what happened and where she came from.

The search takes Amelia to Ireland but she’s n
Powder River Rose
Amelia Moore is back on the job and headed to Ireland along with her trusted employee Rick Bonito. This smitten duo is hired by a young woman in search of long lost family and during their investigation Amelia and Rick encounter unsavory characters, amazing historical sights, breathtaking scenery and hearty delectable food.

On the whole "The Shamrock Case" is quite good and Linda Weaver Clarke is able to write a pleasant story with nice, wholesome characters. She appears to have researched point
Katie W
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amelia Moore is at it again, this time in Ireland! Kate was adopted and wants to learn more about her birth relatives. She hires Amelia to find them for her. Amelia is a great detective and with the help of Rick, her partner, she is able to uncover Kate's heritage...and more. I loved the twist to the story. I loved the way real facts and locations were detailed in the story--I never knew so much about the Blarney Stone and it was fascinating!

Amelia is an enjoyable character. She's not a superher
Amanda
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

This is the second in a cozy mystery/romance series In this story Amelia and Rick are traipsing all over Ireland in search of a clients grandparents. Observations and descriptions of the countryside and people were interesting and created great atmosphere to the story. As the detectives relationship continues to grow Amelia finally seems ready to let go of her reservations and explore her relationship with Rick.
The easy banter bet
Dara
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a second in the Amelia Moore detective series. I really enjoyed this lighthearted cozy mystery and the adventure it took me on. The book took part mostly in Ireland where the main characters Amelia Moore and her partner Rick Benito are in search for Kate’s biological family, who is Amelia’s new client. The two detectives are very cute with their bucket lists and get to mark off a lot of the items on their down time while they are there, a la kissing The Blarney Stone. Amelia and Ri ...more
Alison Eichler
Feb 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was on a recommended romance list - UGH! Sappy, contrived story line. Who edited this book? Please check the details. . . Dublin uses Euro not pounds; flights to Ireland usually leave the US in the evening and land I. Shannon or Dublin (not Cork, a much smaller airport); few people in Ireland are practicing Catholics (this book makes it sound like everyone in Ireland is a daily communicant in the Catholic Church). These details are distracting!
Darth Vix
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery fans
I received an audiobook copy of this book on audible from the author in exchange for an honest review. I was really excited to listen to this because I had listened to the previous book in this series and really enjoyed it.

n The Shamrock Case we follow Amelia and Rick to Ireland where Amelia has been hired to track down the family of a young girl who had been adopted when she was a child. Of course when they get there they learn that there is more to the case than just making contact with her r
Debbie
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
"The Shamrock Case" by Linda Weaver Clarke gets five stars from me. It is the second in the Amelia Moore Detective Series. I liked this book but it wasn't as exciting as the first in the series, if you want to read my review of the "The Bali Mystery" here is the link: http://debbieloseanything.blogspot.co...
In "The Shamrock Case" Amelia and Rick travel to Ireland and though they are working they get to mark more items off their bucket list. And their romance takes a new twist.
Their cli
Lilmissmolly
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Shamrock Case by Linda Weaver Clarke is another fun cozy mystery with a hint of romance and a wee bit of adventure. It is well written with great dialog that flows naturally. This book is the second story in the Amelia Moore Detective Series, which revolves around a detective agency that specializes in missing persons. In this story, Amelia is hired by Kate, a client who was adopted and who desires to learn more about her birth family. She seeks Amelia’s services because both of her parents ...more
Nayuleska
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a read I'll listen to again and again when I need something light hearted but want lots of mystery and a bit of peril. I think it's awesome that Amelia gets to travel so widely for her job, although I'm certain now Rick won't let her go anywhere without him, as she accidentally gets into major peril more than once. Their sweet relationship finally came together once Amelia worked through some personal issues, and it hardly affected their job at all. If anything because they trusted each oth ...more
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked that this one wasn't about "catching the bad guy" but about helping a girl find her family. This is a good clean, sweet and fun mystery with a little romance on the side.

I love how Amelia and Rick work together. They are a great team! I am getting quite attached to these two. Amelia has good instincts when it comes to what she does best - detective work. And Rick is great at what he does best - protecting and loving Amelia! I like how this series is very slowly building their relationsh
Missi Stockwell
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing

When you read a book, you do it to escape your life for a while and relax. Linda Weaver Clarke does that and a whole lot more. She takes you on an unbelieveable journey.

The Shamrock Case, the second book in the Amelia Moore Detective Series, finds Amelia and her assistant, Rick, taking on another interesting case. An adopted 18 year-old wants to learn more about her heritage but she has very little to go with. Amelia is drawn to Kate and her story and wants to do everything she can to help her.

A
Persis Menon
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
The beginning is wonderful, a real grabber, starts out with a child who has found out she’s adopted cause both her birth parents are deceased wants Amelia to go looking for her Grand Parents so she can get a better understanding of how her parents use to be. Now that’s the start, as the story goes on you see Rick obsession with food get deeper as does Rick and Amelia’s attraction to each. All done
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Amelia Moore and Rick Bonito our on a new case together. Amelia has a client who wants to find her birth mothers parents who are in Ireland. After doing a paper on her heritage it has her wanting to know more about where she came from and hopes to find some new family members.

Amelia and Rick go on the search and find out a lot about Kate's mother and father. Why they had to leave Ireland in a hurry, etc. Along the way they meet Art a nasty character from Kate's mothers past and he is still on th
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
The Shamrock Case is about the most gentle, easy going mystery that I've ever read. Cozy is a great word to describe it. To me, this book felt less like an actual mystery and more like a family history discovery trip to Ireland. Amelia takes along her hunky, handsome (can do no wrong, knight in shining armor, rescuer of small children) partner, Rick. It's all set up like the perfect vacation.

For me, this book was sweet and clean. There was nothing to get worked up about at all. I enjoyed reading
Leslie Fisher
This was another sweet and cute mystery detective book in the Amelia Moore Detective Series. Though I think you could read this book without having read the first in the series, I appreciated seeing how the relationship between the two lead characters develops, seeing the continuation of the theme of the "bucket list," and getting to know the characters develop. This is a very clean book - no foul language or sex scenes, which I appreciate. I liked the setting, which takes place in Ireland, and ...more
Jolynn
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Mystery, and Fun in Finding ...Long Lost Relatives
An interesting, fun, mostly nonviolent, cozy mystery. This mystery was about a teen girl, who finds out she's adopted & wants to meet and find out more about her relatives who live in Ireland. She hires a Amelia & Rick to be her detectives. There's a clean romance going on between the two, after a fun and humorous friendship.
This author always has such descriptive, details of locations, characters, and story. It's like being there, in th
Peggy
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and simple romantic mystery. Amelia Moore and her detective partner Rick Bonito head to Ireland to search for their client’s biological grandparents. This is book 2 of the Amanda Moore detective series. While I did not read book 1, this book stands on its own.

Amelia and Rick are both very likable characters. It was fun to see how their relationship is evolving. The plot is rather simple but it is very enjoyable. It is a good, clean story. This book would be very appropriate for
Stephanie Lasley
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Touching Tale
Kate Clemmons was inspired, while taking a class in college, to research her heritage. When she approaches her parents with this news, she can feel their reluctance to reveal any information. Soon Kate finds out she is adopted. After coming to terms with this information and with her parents blessing, she hires Amelia Moore Detective Agency to find her family.
After a few inquiries, Amelia and her partner Rick head to Ireland….and the mystery begins.
Author Linda Weaver Clarke always
Shauna
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am LOVING the Amelia Moore Detective Series!
FUN! CLEAN! FUN! AMAZING! DID I MENTION FUN?!
I recently reviewed The Bali Mystery and loved it so much that I quickly dove into this sequel :)

Amelia Moore has a new case...her client wants her to find her grandparents.

All the client knows is that she was adopted and that her birth parents were both born in Ireland.

Since the birth parents are both deceased Amelia will have to rely on her partner, Rick Bonito, and her own detective intuition.

Kelly at
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 3 1/2
Linda brings us another cute story about Amelia and her grand adventures. It was fun to go on this trip to Ireland with Rick and Amelia. It made me want to go to Ireland and see all the things that they saw.
I loved that Amelia is so willing to go to the ends of the earth to help someone. She really goes above and beyond what a typical detective would do.
Looking forward to the next adventure.

Disclaimer:
I received a compli
Freda Mans-Labianca
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A well-rounded story!
I love reading along and witnessing the adventures of Amelia and Rick. These two are made for each other. It is more evident in this book than The Bali Mystery, it was all new then. Now, they bounce off each other much better.
The last story had so much intrigue, while this story was totally a polar opposite. It was about reconnecting lost family. Having had that happen in my own life, it was a story I ate right up. I could relate to the girl that hired Amelia and Rick. Not k
Jessica
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In an Oyster Shell – It’s a sweet romantic mystery with plenty of action. Another great book in the series. I highly recommend it.

The Pearls – I am quickly falling for this series. It is so fun and is full of good clean mysteries. I like these books because they have a sort of innocence about them. Yet, this doesn’t detour it from being full of suspense and action.

Full Review: Writing Pearls
Sandy
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Here is mine.

I'll really loved this book. The story is a nice cozy. The Amelia and Rick are so good together. They make you want to read more stories.Diane
Diane narrates the book so good.
I'm sure if you give it a try, you'll be glad you did.

Debbie
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to review this wonderful book for the author. Amelia and Rick are two amazing people. The details of the different things these two see is truly remarkable. The author will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. You won't be able to stop reading this book.
Linda Weaver Clarke travels throughout the United States, teaching a “Family Legacy Workshop,” encouraging people to write their family history and autobiography. She is the author of the historical romance series - “A Family Saga in Bear Lake, Idaho,” a mystery suspense series - “The Adventures of John and Julia Evans," and a romantic cozy mystery series - "Amelia Moore Detective Series."

Amelia Moore Detective Series (7 books)
  • The Bali Mystery (Amelia Moore Detective Series #1)
  • The Missing Heir (Amelia Moore Detective Series #3)
  • The Mysterious Doll (Amelia Moore Detective Series #4)
  • Her Lost Love (Amelia Moore Detective Series #5)
  • Mystery on the Bayou (Amelia Moore Detective Series #6)
  • The Lighthouse Secret (Amelia Moore Detective Series #7)
“One cannot think well, love well, or sleep well, if one has not dined well.” 2 likes
“Ms. Moore, I want you to find my grandparents. This is important to me. I want to meet them and learn more about my heritage. I would like to know what my parents were like.” 1 likes