Start by marking “Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  107,171 Ratings  ·  17,790 Reviews
Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:

Break into the notorious Ice Court
(a military stronghold that has never been breached)

Retrieve a hostage
(who could unleash magical havoc on the world)

Survive long enough to collect his reward
(and spend it)

Kaz needs a crew desp
Published September 29th 2015 by Henry Holt and Company

To ask other readers questions about Six of Crows, please sign up.

Kate Evans I read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like…moreI read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like "Grisha" and "Heartrender", but couldn't place them. It wsn't until I went on goodreads after finishing it that I realized it was set in the same world. You definitely do not need to read the other books. Also I preferred this 10 times more than Shadow and Bones or whatever.(less)

Emily May
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, arc, 2015
Trickery is not my native tongue, but I may learn to speak it yet.

I was scared to start Six of Crows. The hype surrounding it has been HUGE, the blurb sounded intriguing, I've been eagerly anticipating it, and I liked but didn't love Shadow and Bone. Honestly, though? I needn't have worried. This book is fantastic.

Shadow and Bone has been called fantasy-lite, but there is absolutely nothing about Six of Crows that warrants such a label. It's a sweeping epic tale with six main characters, five
Khanh (the meanie)
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
The heat of the incinerator wrapped around Inej like a living thing, a desert dragon in his den, hiding from the ice, waiting for her. She knew her body’s limits, and she knew she had no more to give. She’d made a bad wager. It was as simple as that. The autumn leaf might cling to its branch, but it was already dead. The only question was when it would fall.

Let go, Inej. Her father had taught her to climb, to trust the rope, the swing, and finally, to trust in her own skill, to believe that if
Kat O'Keeffe
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS SO GREAT! I absolutely love the world building--there's a cool magic system and lots of different cities/cultures that have really fascinating dynamics. The ensemble cast of characters is also fantastic! They all have interesting backstories and distinct personalities. Writing is great, story is awesome, pacing on point. It wasn't quite PERFECT, but it was pretty freaking close, and I can't wait for the sequel!

If you want a fantasy book with an awesome world, a well developed cast of ch
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
originally read this last year, but decided to re-read it before six of crows! i'm so happy i made that decision. i had forgotten how rich this story is in detail. from the characters, to the world, to the plot, everything is built up so beautifully. the ending still gave me chills and i need crooked kingdom right. now.
Christine Riccio
SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS BOOK. FANTASTIC CAST OF CHARACTERS! HERE'S MY FULL BOOKTALK/REVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufgXQ...
Sasha Alsberg
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the type of book that will blow you away with its words. IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
THIS BOOK. I'm trying not to add to the hype pool right now, but like THIS BOOK. IT BLEW ME AWAY. It was unexpectedly brilliant! I WANNA BE IN THE SIX OF CROWS SQUAD.
Jessica Edwards
Wow..there are no words!
I WANT TO GIVE THIS BOOK 10 STARS!
This took me awhile to write, but I've been meaning to write a long review for awhile.
So here it is!

Six of Crows follows six teenagers living in the city of Ketterdam, a city of slums and crime lords.
Kaz Brekker, an infamous thief (also known as Dirtyhands) is promised a very large sum of money to kidnap Bo Yul-Bayur, a scientist from the Ice Court.
The Ice Court is the most highly protected place in Fjerda, and Kaz won't be able to gatec
Angela
Side effects of reading Six of Crows are, but not limited to: Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. Nausea. Weak knees. Dehydration. Dizziness. Headache. Heartache. Constant sweating. High blood-pressure. Congestive heart failure.

“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”

Six of Crows is 185th book I've read this year. Yes, that means this is the book that put me at my goodreads reading goal this year. I am so happy that this is the book that made me hit my mark. It was the perfect
Katerina
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
“This isn't a job for trained soldiers and spies. It's a job for thugs and thieves.”

Dark and gritty adventure. A bunch of anti-heroes. A dangerous scientist. A nation of witch hunters. Gang wars. Grisha. And Leigh Bardugo. That's the recipe for EPICNESS.

“A gambler, a convict, a wayward son, a lost Grisha, a Suli girl who had become a killer, a boy from the Barrel who had become something worse.”

The fate of the world is in the hands of six teenagers, six street rats with no family and no
Benjamin Alderson
OMG MY
THIS
IS
EVERYTHING

karen
We are all someone's monster

this is a very strong series-starter.

bardugo's tor shorts are among my very favorites of all tor shorts ever, but when i read Shadow and Bone, i was a bit confused. no, i was actually shocked. it didn't have the sparkle that characterized her shorts and i was very disappointed. i'm glad i continued with the series, however, because i thought it got better and better as it went along. which is kind of the opposite experience from most reviewers, but i'm just me.

and may
Wendy Darling
All I have to say is, this book is somehow even more awesome than the original series.

Don't be nervous about the multiple POVs--every character has history and agency, and you'll care deeply about every single one of them. Plus diversity! Kickass heroines! Gifted thieves! Amaaaaazing action sequences! All perfectly paced and perfectly thrilling.

My full review, plus Grisha prize pack giveaway are on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2015...

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the
Victoria Aveyard
Mercy, Leigh, mercy. I hit myself in the head with this ARC too many times to count. Buckle up, folks, it's going be a razor-edged night.
Whitney Atkinson
finished this at 3:30 AM this morning crying at the line "i will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker, or I will not have you at all."

i'm addicted ????? yikes ???????
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
I'm just going to pretend the ending never happened. They completed their mission job, got their money, and lived happily ever after.

CROOKED KINGDOM NEVER HAPPENED!

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

"Six people, but a thousand ways
this insane plan could go wrong."

Favorite character: NINA!!!!! No! Stop it, Kainat, stop it! You must contain yourself.!

Remember when i read this book for the first time, i couldn't even do a proper review because i couldn't find any words so describe my love for this book? well, my reread
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

My FEELS are broken. Words, too.

Which is making the reviewing of SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo more than a little bit difficult . . . FYI.

SO. Hmm . . . *scratches head*

The book started well enough, but by 40% it was more determination that kept me reading than enthusiasm. The characters were great. I felt like they were decently developed, and it was a veritable thunderstorm of one-liners and clever dialogue:

Kaz Brekker didn’t need a reason.

“He’s going to ge
Natalie
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“No mourners,” he said with a grin.
“No funerals,” they replied in unison.”

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Saints, I’m definitely late to this book party— but I love, love, loved it.
I think a lot of people will understand me when I say that Six of Crows is the kind of book that provokes all the strong emotions in you.
I knew right from page 1 that this book was going to be an all-time favorite of mine. The world building, the characters and all the relationships between them, it’s just too good f
Cait (Paper Fury)
THIS BOOK IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD. Omg. This is a re-read and just confirmed to me that I am basically absolutely obsessed with the Grishaverse. Someone please restrain me because I'm about to write an ENORMOUS LIST OF MY LOVES AND THOUGHTS AND FANGIRLISMS. (Kidding, don't restrain me.)

I'll leave my original review here too, tho, because why not.

LIST OF MY RE-READ THOUGHTS:
• The best part about rereading this is that IT IS NOW 5-STARS. Omggg all the stars.
• BTW I re-read via audio. Best l
Raeleen Lemay
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, young-adult
HEYOOO THIS BOOK WAS GREAT.

I found the beginning (meaning the first 150-200 pages lol) to be very very slow and hard to get into, which is why the book took me so long to read. HOWEVER, once it got past that point I was absolutely hooked and breezed through the rest of the book in a couple of days.

I loved the characters, and their group dynamic was flawless. There's plenty of drama and they all have interesting backstories, and they each had a specific skill set that made them unique and necessa
Adam Silvera
ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER. So happy I waited until I was in the right headspace to read this mammoth of a masterpiece, and that I have the sequel at the ready! <3
Chelsea Humphrey
As you can see, I finally jumped on the band wagon and inhaled the first in this series. While it did take me about 50 pages to really get sucked in, mainly due to sorting out names and the layout of this fantasy world, things picked up quickly and I blew through a majority of the book about as fast as I can scarf down a large pizza. (But for real, Papa John’s makes a great side dish for this book. And all books.) The major pull for my placing this on the ever-growing TBR last year was solely th ...more
Dorreh
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne
$2.99 on Amazon Kindle today - 8/31/17

Spoiler Alert!
There are no CROWS in this story.

description

Nope, not even the kind who've been resurrected for vengeance.
Sorry, Eric.

description

So if it's not about crows, then what's this book about?
Well, it's a fantasy/heist story with a magical backdrop!
However, I didn't think this was like Ocean's Eleven or The Palace Job, because it was a bit darker than either of those. Not that this story was bleak, but the characters just weren't as quirky, fun, and lovable. Quirky, yes.
Candace
Please check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

'Six of Crows' is the first Leigh Bardugo book that I've read, but it won't be my last. I found myself lost in the fictional world of Ketterdam that Ms. Bardugo created, completely enthralled with this grim, yet fantastical place. I have heard that this story is connected to other series that she's written, but as this is the first book of hers that I've read, I cannot offer any observations in that regard.

Like the world that she cre
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

► Reread because school's coming. It makes sense. I swear. IT DID HELP. I need a Kaz and a Jesper in my life. Also, Nina.

► Buddy-read with my favorite poetess, Kat (click to read her beautiful review)

One word before I start : I don't I'm not sure I trust you, Leigh Bardugo. You let me down before, and ice isn't forgiving . You taught me that. This said, you wrote a hell of a great book here. Here I am, caring for all these characters, and I'm not gonna lie : I'm scared to death now. Well done.
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Instant YA favorite.
_________________

Book song: The Last Stand by Koda
_________________

(I already want to read it all over again like the very first time :c)
sana  °¤°
I'm going to have to DNF this the second time around. I have no enthusiasm to continue and I seriously can't find myself caring about this anymore.

Reread and buddy read with my fav Sreehoeee 💖

((I originally rated this 3.5 stars but let's see if that changes))
Lena
The five easiest stars I've ever given out!
Everything about this book is PERFECTION, there's no other way to put it.
Side note: You don't necessarily have to read the Grisha trilogy before Six of Crows, but I do recommend it. I wouldn't have been able to dive into the world the way I did if I hadn't read the Grisha series first. But it's up to you ;)

The writing

The writing was absolutely wonderful. I loved the different POV's and the way Bardugo plays with the words and uses them to describe loc
  • The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
  • Crossed (Soul Eaters, #3)
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)
  • The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)
  • An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
  • Kinslayer (The Lotus Wars, #2)
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
  • Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
Leigh Bardugo is the #1 New York Times bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the Six of Crows Duology and the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, as well as the upcoming Wonder Woman: Warbringer (Aug 2017) and The Language of Thorns (Sept 2017).

She was born in Jerusalem, grew up in Los Angeles, and graduated from Yale University. These days, she lives and writes in Hollywood where she can occasion
More about Leigh Bardugo...

Six of Crows (2 books)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)

“Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
1898 likes
“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart.” 1846 likes