Start by marking “A New Beginning (Starting Over Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
A New Beginning (Starting Over Trilogy #1)

A New Beginning

(Starting Over Trilogy #1)

Angel Perez had a second chance at a new beginning. After the death of her Aunt Rosie, Angel followed the instructions of her aunt and packed up only a few of her belongings and headed to Florida. After moving into her Aunt Rosie's small cottage on Siesta Key Beach, she was quickly adjusting to her new life. After finding a job at an insurance company, Angel became friends ...more
Published July 8th 2015 by Lulu.com (first published April 4th 2014)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (4/24/2015)

Trilogy is complete.

BLURB:

After finding a job at an insurance company, Angel became friends with the two owners, Sara Roberts and Brea Kinsley. Sara and B
Kara
Aug 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free download and I really wanted to like it, but just couldn't get through it. I made it 30 pages before I called it quits. Characters are shallow and their banter is on the same level as a freshman in high school.
Adrianna
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and really enjoyed the book towards the end. The reason I had to give 3 stars was for word repetition. Thank you, sandalwood and spice, peaches and cinnamon were getting a little too frequent. (it's probably because of my OCD pregnancy hormones lol) I am looking forward to reading about Mason giving Jim the beating he deserves and see where Angel and Mason' s future takes them.
Stefanie
Loved this book but be warned its ends with a cliffhanger.
Brittany
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
Such a GREAT READ! I fell in love with Mason (Dr. Mcdreamy) and Angel. Will be reading this book again :)
Sep 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
A New Beginning definitely wasn't the book for me. I didn't like the way it was written, I didn't like the characters, I didn't like much about it.

So what was wrong with this book for me? Well the writing for one. It was way too overly descriptive about things that didn't matter. There is a section in the beginning where Angel describes in detail her aunts place. Everything from the furniture and where it is placed to the color of the walls which was too much for me. I could have drawn a picture
Renee
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good debut. I am going to say please look at the cover, this is a trilogy, so know it before you begin. There is more to come and sometimes its a double edged sword getting in on book one. It sometimes takes a while to get book 2 and 3 so I don't want to have to re-read this one. That said, I am not telling any tales or giving up a spoiler, this is gonna be a cliff hanger!

Overall I enjoyed the characters Mason and Angel. It was kind of a "fate" moment how they meet and fall for
Kelly
Oct 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
I know that rating it 1 star can appear a little harsh but I didn't enjoy the writing and nothing interesting really happened in this book. The beginning sounded interesting and I thought maybe it would get better and something would eventually happen, but no. There were too much "!" and the changes of points of view could be repetitive and confusing. I wasn't really involved or attached to the characters.
Kristen Guenther
Loved the good couldn't put it down
Cynthia
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this read, the author keeps you guessing and at times on the edge of your seats. I so fell in love with the characters and can’t wait to read to see how their lives go. I always like to give a recap of what the book is about. This one covers so many areas from abuse to starting over, along with everything in between. When one is scared from an abusive partner it is hard to take that first step to open up and trust a new person, too walk away and start over. The fear is ungodly ...more
Mylissa Demeyere
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was offered a free copy of this book by the lovely ladies at Loving the Book Launch Party.
This book follows the story of Angel and Mason. Angel left her home 6 months ago, to flee her abusive boyfriend. Her deceased aunt left her with an escape plan, and a home in Florida.
While in Florida, she meets Mason, a very attractive ER-doctor, while she is out clubbing. They immediately notice one another, and are surprised to find out they are each other’s blind date the following day.
Soon they start
Missy
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A dreamy read.
This is a medium length novella and is part of 3 part series.
Angel is hiding from an abusive ex and trying to make a life for herself. She is a strong individual and has not let the past stop her from finding some joy in life, her job, school, and friends. She is still afraid but has allowed her self to believe she is safe, but her inner self knows differently and she has nightmares.
Going to a bar after work she to unwind she stumbles into a handsome man, who is polite and gives h
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )

'I was provided a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review'

Angel left an abusive relationship and is starting life over. She's finally continuing her schooling. Has a job that she enjoys and some great friends. These new friends of hers are on a mission to set her up. She does not feel that she is ready for that but agrees to meet him. She definitely did not expect Mason or her feelings for him. Mason seems to be the best thing that could have happened to
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
3.5 - 4 Stars

I want to thank Brenda so much for allowing me to have an ARC and to read her novel. So appreciated. She asked for an honest review and I will give one.

It took me a while to build up to the storyline. And my reason? Too much inner dialogue. Quite a few of "I tell them, he tells me, I see, he says." I also felt that at the beginning there were just simplistic sentences. Short. Choppy. A bit of complex/compound would have made for some smoother transitions.

I believe that it came to
Christina
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A New Beginning is a debut novel for Brenda Kennedy. The story snagged my attention right from the beginning and didn't let go. The story does deal with abuse and may not be for everyone.

After running from an abusive relationship Angel relocates to sunny Florida where by a twist of fate, she literally runs into Mason. After their chance meeting, Mason is intrigued and wants to know more about the dark haired beauty. As fate steps in again and the pair reunite on a blind date the next day, the c
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
I received this book as part as a blog tour and for my honest review.

This book follows Angel, after escaping from an abusive relationship, she is looking for a new beginning. After a unexpected meeting with Dr Mason Myles they end up meeting again on a blind date the next day. Mason wants to know more about Angel, but she holds back because of her last bad relationship. But Mason slowly starts to soften her up and finally finds out about her horrible past.
The past starts to catch up to Angel. Ca
Catherine
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Angel is trying to start over. Six months go her aunt passed away and left her the means to get away from her abusive, controlling, boyfriend. So she took the chance and disappeared so he couldn't follow her and drag her back. Now she lives in Florida, has a great job and some new friends. When they set her up on a blind date she was leery, but she never expected someone like Mason.
Mason is a doctor. He was hurt badly when his ex cheated on him, and his friends have been setting him up on blind
Megan Starr
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, owned
Let me first sad this book hit me hard. It was a reminder and my life. Angel lost everyone, and she had to leave an abusive relationship. She moves across the country. There she made some great friends, and felt like her life was perfect. Her friends set her up with Mason, an amazing guy all around, and dream guy for any woman. Angel is hiding her past from everyone and if you have even tried hiding anything you know it never ends well.

This story grabbed me, and didn't let go. From the love tha
Crystal Flannery
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet romance!
Angel is trying to make a new life for herself after a very bad relationship with her crazy ex-boyfriend Jim. After a horrible experience with him, she leaves and moves in to her aunt's house in Florida that she left for her. After what she endured, she has trouble opening up to a new relationship, even after meeting Mason and they hit it off right from the start. Mason is protective of her and tries to treat her with all the warmth and kindness she never experienced before
Leslie
Aug 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars******Please point me in the direction of a man like Mason! This was such a great book. Over all the story flows well. There were only a couple of spots where it took me a second to figure out that it was the same scene from a different perspective or a flashback. There are some great supporting characters that add lots of humor and a little bit of crazy to the story. I really enjoyed the way the romance between Angel & Mason grew and evolved throughout the book. I honestly could n ...more
Nichole Taggart
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 5 stars and for very good reason.

IS THERE A DREAMY BOOK BOYFRIEND IN THE HOUSE?:

This book turned out to be one that will be added to my read it again shelf. It's a refreshingly sweet love story, that I'm not afraid to tell family about for fear of embarrassing them.

From the first sentence to the very last I was hooked into the story and pulled along with it through every moment in between. Can not wait for more stories in this series!

To answer my first question, YES! MASON!
Jessica
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not ever liked reading before, unless I could pick by luck a wonderful book that I can't put down. I picked this to read because I personally know the author, and wow has she amazed me. She's got my interest in reading back and that's a big thing for me. I HATE to read, but definitely not when it comes to her and her trilogies. I am ecstatic for her and hoping she continues to keep writing!! This book was amazing.
Alena Zink
I thought the writing style was very much like reading Facebook posts - I did this, then this, and then this. I was disappointed in characters and their shallow development. I love to read "soapy" romances now and then, but this one was simply empty, written in a style of an elementary school student.
Megan Mahoney
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book ended up drawing me in and kept me thinking about the characters and the events when I wasn't reading it, which you know is the sure-fire indicator of a good book. I came to love stoic, dreamy, protective, romantic Mason; and resilient, strong, happy, charming Angel. Now I'm needing to get my hands on that sequel!
Ariella
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mason is the sweetest guy you ever meet. He is a perfect gentleman. I feel so bad for Angel and I hope she gets a happy ending. Mason and Angel are the perfect together. I highly recommend this book and I hope you enjoy it as I did.
Kayleigh Deal
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be one of my favourite series of books! I did a re read has I read them awhile ago before I had good reads i think! I love angel and Mason! I'm going to jump into book 2 now! I need more!
Jenell Shull
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Amazing

an amazing story of courage and love. Shows how someone that has been through hell can still open her heart. I was this girl not to long ago. Thank you your book gives
e hope
CassieJo
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book and will continue the series and also will read the rest of her books!!
Chelsie williams
Good book.

I love the great relationships that all the characters have with one another. they all love and respect each other.
Lauren Dukes
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great

Great book. I can't wait to read the sequel. this book is truly fabulous. I hope saving Angel is just as good.
  • Twilight's Eternal Embrace
  • Tempted (In Too Deep, #2)
  • Re/Paired (Doms of the FBI #2)
  • Rock Her
  • Owned by Him: An Alpha Male Boxed Set
  • Cupid's Cupcake
  • Vampire Apocalypse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #3)
  • Montana Reunion (Montana, #1)
  • Colleen (Mail-Order Brides Club #3)
  • Her Fake Romance
  • Deadly Valentine
  • Becoming (Lynnie Russell Trilogy #1)
  • Ride Trilogy (Ride Trilogy, #1)
  • Summer Love (Senior Year #1)
  • Marry Me Again (The Second Chance Love Series, #1)
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Hot & Adorable (De La Cruz Saga, #6)
  • Necessary Detour
Brenda Kennedy is an award winner, an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a Publishers Weekly bestselling author. She is a true believer of romance. Her stories are based on the relationships that define our lives - compassionate, emotionally gripping, and uplifting novels with true to life characters, that stay with her readers long after the last page is turned.

Her varied, not always pleasant backgro

Starting Over Trilogy (3 books)
  • Saving Angel (Starting Over Trilogy #2)
  • Destined to Love (Starting Over Trilogy #3)