Start by marking “Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)” as Want to Read:
Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)

(Dark Kings #5)

That one simple kiss slayed him as nothing in his very, very long life had ever done. It physically hurt him to release her and turn his back on everything she offered, but it was for the best.

A KING WHO WALKS IN DARKNESS

The Rhys who has existed for centuries is gone. Stripped of his ability to shift forms, Rhys can no longer embody the majestic, powerful dragon he was at
Published March 31st 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Night's Blaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Blaze

Valerie
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

I've been wondering about Rhys for a while now, wanting his story. When he was hurt, I was scanning the book blurbs ahead to find his story. Needless to say, I wanted to read this one!

This book was more emotional for me than the others have been. As Rhys struggled with the results of his injury and Lily's past become clear, it all just got to me. I do love it when I'm that attached to the characters. I did want to do in Lily's ex and one other (spoiler so I can't tell you) - and I do
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I sat down to read a different book before this and then promptly sit it down when it didn’t catch my attention enough. When I started this book though, there was no turning back.

Five books into the Dark Kings series and Donna Grant still delivers some beautifully done romance while also weaving together a more complicated plot arc in her books. One of the things I think she excels at is her ability to have so many different characters POVs and still keep the book coherent and easy to follow.
LizBookAddict
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, netgalley

4 Dragon King lurvin STARS!!! ✴✴✴✴

Now, I've made a habit recently of reading books where I haven't read previous installments of the series and I usually end up pretty lost in the beginning scenes..

Not so much the case with this book. Firstly I love Donna Grant and her writing style. Bit of old school and a tang of new-age spice to keep you reading...

This one can be read as a 4 part novella as I've done but I choose to write this one review. Luckily for me I had all 4 parts else I would've be
Liz F
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Review copy courtesy of the publisher.

I read Book 4 in this series and I liked it pretty well so I continued on with this one. This wasn't a bad book but I think I won't be continuing on with this series.

Lily was a pretty strong heroine. She had a common and somewhat stereotypical heroine background - abused by a former lover. She had the emotional and physical scars to go along with the abuse. I liked that Lily was slowly finding her strength. It sucked that her progress was halted for a while
Alima Livzletlivz
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It takes a lot of creativity to write a series, yet make each book a stand-alone. It takes a lot of writing skills to keep the premise of the story in sight and weave individual stories around various central characters and that is no mean feat.

Donna Grant continues the saga of the Dark Kings in “Night’s Blaze” as she takes the fight to Rhys, the Dragon King stripped off his powers. Unable to shift and help his brothers in battle, Rhys steps away from Dreagan and hiding from the world. Convince
WTF Are You Reading?
These books just keep getting better and better. There is more at stake than ever before for every faction at play in this game of thrones.
Con is doing all he can to keep the Dragon Kings, their ever-growing collection of mates, and the humans that he has sworn to protect safe.

Ulrik is more power hungry than ever, and has now openly made plays to destroy the Dragon Kings with the help of both MI5 and the Dark Fae.

Rhi is unsure of her place with the light or the dark fae. It seems that being tort
sparklyunikorn
THIS IS AN HONEST REVIEW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

It has been days and I still have no idea how to write this review BUT I'll write it anyway.

What I liked.
Although the romance is stand alone, the major plot isn't. I'm happy to say at least there's a progress in the story development! One of my questions answered and I'm glad that actually I trusted my instincts - Ulrik, you're a naughty bad boy but I believe the author won't condemn you forever, I hope she won't! You'll get your HEA someday *finger
Sandy S
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
NIGHT'S BLAZE is the culmination of a storyline that saw a Dragon male find his mate only to lose her to the evil that has set out to destroy the Dragon Kings. In a surprising twist of fate, Ulrik's softer side is revealed but his reasons are kept unto himself. With the appearance of a Silver Dragon long thought dead, Ulrik has some competition when it comes to destroying Con and the other Dragons.

We follow along with Rhys and the others as they embark on a plan to prevent Ulrik from taking what
Elaine
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Interesting. This is the first book I have read in the series. Yes, it finishes the couples story. It does not solve the problem in the story. So it is not "the end".
Karen Machamer
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-grant
Awesome

Another awesome book in this series. Donna Grant is fast becoming one of my favorite authors that write this kind of book.
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Yep, the Kings are just as yummy as the Reapers. Rhys is a Dragon King who can't shift and feels he's unworthy of Lily. Lily, of course, convinces him otherwise. This bad guy is as bad as Bane in the Reaper's series. I'm sure it's going to take forever for him to die. Maybe some day I'll go back and read the first three books...when they aren't 7.99 for a e-book.
OpenBookSociety.com
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: heidi
Lisa
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Night's Blaze
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I was sooooo happy that I got an ARC for this book!
Now I have purchased it for my collection FOREVER!

I have another favorite Dragon King "RHYS"

These Dragon Kings keep getting better and better.

I am still in love with Banan (Dawn's Desire) Dawn's Desire (Dark Kings, #0.3) by Donna Grant and Guy (Night's Awakening) Night's Awakening (Dark Kings, #0.2) by Donna Grant and Hal(Dark Craving) Dark Craving (Dark Kings, #0.1) by Donna Grant but the stories keep getting richer and so gripping.

I wont give any of the twists and surprises away by request of writer Donna Grant. But there is one that I just COULDN'T be
ValerieC
Megan
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't love or hate this book. It was just kind of meeeh.

I was not a huge fan of Lily. She was extremely naive. She is being blackmailed into letting someone get on to Dreagan. She knows nothing about what Dreagan is. All she knows is that they make whiskey. She assumes that this guy wants to steal art and that its no big deal because they will have insurance at Dreagan. Yeah. That's just dumb. I don't know if someone would go through all the trouble Dustin went through to get art. (but then
Jacintha
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yet another captivating read. Donna Grant does it again! I'm not sure how she does it, but each novel can stand alone and still deepen the plot points with plenty of twists and turns. You have to wonder whose motives ultimately drive the plot to the finish line at every turn of the page!

Not only that, each book in the series seems to make the next dragon king a cherished favorite! This book is about Rhys, who has lost his ability to shift. He knows that there is a rogue dragon among them that is
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books.

This book was reviewed by a member of the review staff at Cocktails and Books. The name of the reviewer can be found under the post categories.
Candy Varty
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
That was an awesome book, i had a hard time putting it down, I felt so sorry for Rhys, but oh that man has passion..wow
Michelle the Romance Witch
4.5 stars... full review coming to my blog soon
Michelle Graves
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so shocked about what happened and I don't blame Rhys 4 doing shit 2 her ex but I'm shocked at their worse enemy did sumthing good. Rhys deserves 2 happy and he managed 2 beat the odds cause of the most important thing in his life, true love!! What's going on with rai? Is she falling 4 a mortal? I wish I understood what's the deal with Con and Rai that they r always butting heads 4. Who the hell blocked her from going into that she'd? Rhys is the one that called 2 her 4 a serious reason an ...more
Hope Frost
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book brought out so many emotions for me. You wanted to cry, and hit something, and curse and swear you will never read another dragon book again. Lots of twists and turns coming through in this one. Rhys and Lily ::swoon:: who couldn't love them?

We also get another look in to Rhi and how she is coping.

Of course, there are the usual suspects that make appearances, but the one at the end of the book...gave me pause. Curious to see where that goes.
Natasha du Plessis
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Rhys and Lily, I thought nothing of it when Lily started working at Dreagan. I am glad that she also had a story to tell and my heart went out to both Lily and Rhys as they each had demons to conquer. I still love every story that I read about the Dragon Kings and would love to read all the Donna Grant novels.
Yolonda
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
this was just ok. the main couple was kinda boring. I liked reading about Henry and Rhi. I also just enjoyed more of the other dragon kings. I will continue with series because its a fun read just didn't enjoy this one as much s the others.
Melissa
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It tough

I love these books but i get anxious reading them because like the warriors books I didn't think the author would ever resolve the conflict.. I figured out some of the revelations but the ending with Rhi breaks my heart..
Melvena Asa
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Night's Blaze

The Dark Kings series is absolutely thrilling. It is so full of exciting twists that will keep you guessing until the very end.
Lori Howe
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
common thoughts while reading: what? oh no. WAIT.. No No No. Say it! Say you love him! No! oh man. awwwww. Next? What's next?
Brianna
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one took me for a tailspin with the characters. Like Rhys why do you have to go an give me about 50 billion heartattacks. So many twists and turns and I loved it!!
Nyssy
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Very disappointing that it was “ok”. 🐉
Karen Machamer
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: donna-grant
Samantha Pontious
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy reading Donna Grant's series and as always I was moved by how both the characters interacted with each other and the challenges they faced either together or on their own!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Speculation about who Rhi's Dragon King is??? 6 64 Mar 04, 2019 03:06PM

• Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack, #7)
  • Silent Warrior (Dragon Kings, #0.5)
  • Warrior Untamed (Warrior, #3)
  • Charred Hope (Heart of Fire, #3)
  • Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • Sea Dragon (Dragon Knights, #9; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #1)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • Twisted (Eternal Guardians, #7)
  • Kayden/Simon (Bayou Heat, #21-22; 1001 Dark Nights #45)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Fierce Enchantment (Dante's Circle, #5)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Hear Me
  • The Whisky Laird's Bed (The Rake Patrol, #2)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)
  • Blaze (Dark Kings, #11)
“Rhi stood in the doorway and watched Henry. He was a fighter. Maybe that’s why she saved him. There was also a slim chance it was because he helped the Kings.
“It’s a good thing you called me,” Usaeil, Queen of the Light, said as she came to stand beside Rhi.
Rhi could’ve brought Henry to Usaeil’s manor on the west coast of Ireland, but then it would reveal to one and all power she’s managed to keep hidden from them. That was something she wanted to keep to herself.
So she got Henry out of the prison and to the outskirts of Dublin. From there, it was simply a matter of asking Usaeil for help. Now all Rhi had to worry about was finding out how much Henry remembered.
If he recalled seeing her teleport him out, then she would need to convince him to lie for her. Although Usaeil would want to know how Henry got out of his prison and how Rhi found him. Usaeil hadn’t begun those questions yet. But they were coming.
“I’m glad you agreed to help,” Rhi said.
Usaeil shoved her black hair over her shoulders and adjusted the coral sheath dress she wore. “He’s aiding the Kings. Why wouldn’t I help him?”
Rhi wanted to roll her eyes, but she didn’t. “We might be Light, but we also use humans as the Dark do.”
“We don’t kill them.”
“No, we sleep with them once and ruin them for any other mortal.
We don’t hurt them at all,” she said sarcastically, giving Usaeil a cutting look.
Usaeil slid her silver eyes to Rhi. “I can easily toss Henry North out on his ass.”
“Do it. What do I care?”
“I think you care more than you’re ready to admit. Why else would you want to help him?” Usaeil sighed. “Rhi, we all know you went through hell at Balladyn’s hands. We know it’s going to take time for you to heal, but you will heal.”
Rhi wasn’t so sure. She could feel the darkness within her, coiling and shifting. She had to fight to remember what she should do, instead of what the darkness wanted her to do.
“Henry is healing nicely,” Rhi said, changing the subject.
Usaeil nodded slowly. “His injuries were extensive. Had you not found him when you did, the internal bleeding would’ve killed him in a few hours. By the way, how did you find him again?”
This was what Rhi had been waiting for. Everyone knew she couldn’t lie without feeling tremendous pain. She sank her nails into her palms, held Usaeil’s gaze and lied. “I found him in Dublin. As I said, I don’t know how he got there.”
“So very odd.”
The pain was gut wrenching. It twisted her insides and squeezed her lungs so that she couldn’t breath. Pain exploded inside her head. She began to shake. It was time for Rhi to change the subject again. “You should tell Con we have him.”
The queen twisted her lips. “If I do, Con will want to come here and finish healing Henry himself, or want us to bring Henry to him. I’m not in the mood for either.”
“Henry will be finished healing soon. What then? You want him to remain? In a place full of Light Fae?” Thankfully, the pain began to dull enough that Rhi could breath easier.
“No,” Usaeil said with a frown. “Already his appearance has sparked interest. They’re trying to get in to see him. He’s a mortal, so he’ll succumb to any Fae he encounters.”
Rhi took exception to that. “He’s stronger than that.”
“He’s human, Rhi. Not a single one can resist us. It’s a fact. Henry is no different.”
Rhi didn’t argue, but she knew she was right. Henry was different. She’d seen it the first time she met him in Con’s office months ago. He took in the fact his friends at Dreagan were actually dragon shifters with a nod, his solemn hazel eyes seeing things anew.
She bit back a grin as she recalled how he’d become a little flustered when he saw her and learned who she was. Henry’s smile was charming, sweet . . . honest. He looked at her as if she were the only woman on the realm.
Even though Rhi understood that it was the fact she was Fae that intrigued him, enthralled him, she took an instant liking to the human who never backed down.”
0 likes
“He might be mortal, but he was a skilled adversary, a dangerous foe with espionage skills that far surpassed even Denae’s.
As an ally, Henry was clever, shrewd, cunning, and brilliant. A perfect partner for the Kings.
“I’ll take him to safety if he’s such a danger here,” Rhi told Usaeil.
The queen lifted a black brow. “You surprise me again.”
“It’s my new thing.” Rhi looked down at her black nails with two small hearts painted in red—Big Apple Red—on each ring finger.”
0 likes