Start by marking “The Phoenix Decree (The Phoenix Decree Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Phoenix Decree (The Phoenix Decree Saga, #1)

The Phoenix Decree

(The Phoenix Decree Saga #1)

How far would you go to pursue your heart’s desire? When Devon Phoenix, a 19th century Englishman, becomes linked to his soul mate through the discovery of a buried family secret, his world tips on its axis. It then slips entirely when he learns that she will need his protection from men who will be drawn to her because of her lineage—men he thought to be only myths. If De ...more
Published April 6th 2014 by Progressive Rising Phoenix Press (first published February 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Phoenix Decree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phoenix Decree

Christina
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest from NetGalley.The premise sounded good...finding your true love in another time. But it was very hard to get through this book. It just did not hold my attention as it was very boring. And the writing, the way the character spoke just seemed amateurish. This book turned out not to be my cup of tea.
Shannon Youngblood
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-books
**4 Phoenix Stars**

I got both my love and my deepest passion all in one book. I love Historical, and I love Modern Day and flipping back and forth sometimes gives me a whirlwind headache. But on this book I got the best of both worlds!

I don’t want to give too much away, but the premise of the book was astounding. The characters were diverse and complex and the relationship was HOT. (What’s the historical term for HOT) Devon made me wish I lived in his era, and Elz was a perfect choice. If you li
Emma
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
If this had been a “complete” story, I probably wouldn’t have continued the series but it ends on an abrupt cliffhanger at what, I would say, is the middle of the story so I feel obliged to read the next one.
Irene Cruz
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, there wasn't much "action" going on as it was more of a book that introduced us to the main characters involved and how they got through obstacles to be able to meet each other and some chars get their just desserts. It's a good book and I already purchased the second book just to read what happens next. But definitely read if you want romance and you want to root for the main couple. There were some grammar issues, but they can be overlooked for the sake of the story.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This is book one in the "The Phoenix Decree" series. I want to say right of the bat that this is a book that continues to the next book called "Phoenix Unbound" and I would assume to the next book " Phoenix Under Fire". I have not read the other two books yet as they have not come out yet. When I started this book I knew that this book would not end their story and I was hasten to start a book I would not so quickly to to the end of their story. I held that against the book thinking that I would ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Anna Albergucci, you have me intrigued! I went into this book blind and didn't know what to expect. And I did not expect this book to start out like a historical romance novel only to find out their is magical elements and time travel. There is 3 books in the series with this first book as more of the informational part. You learn who Devon is, where his beginning started and how he has to travel time to reach his one true love. It's a lot of information but it's information you need and the mor ...more
Donna Sweeney
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kindly provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.....

3 Words.....Deep, Seductive, Delicious.

You just will have to trust me and give this one a go......its well worth it.

It is about Devon and Elz and is a story of love transcending time. God it is just FABULOUS !!! It also has another couple threaded into the story Kyle and Pris.

I must warn it has rather a graphic scene (rape) but it was a lynch pin in the tale. I cannot wait for more in this saga.

Well done Anna and Many
Heather Tietz
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
It took me a while to get through this book. I really liked the concept, description and whole time traveling aspect of the story...which is why I picked it up in the first place. However, total first person perspective issues that could have been condensed and focused. Basically you have 4 main characters with a few others that pop in for there to cents. No big deal, except for each on rehashes perspectives that you just read to the point that you nod off or just want to skip several pages. Whi ...more
Monica
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This combines both historical and modern times. I usually dont read those types but gave it a try. It was a little slow at times and there was a lot of information dumped but thats pretty typical of a series. I wouldnt call it a huge cliffhanger but it does continue into the next book which might upset some readers. First's in the series can be a little tricky. We're introduced to most everything at once but then the story suffers a bit because of that. Which is what happened here I think.

I rea
Teri
Mar 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reader beware

I had high hopes for the premise of this book- but I couldn’t even bring myself to finish it due to the grating unbelievability of the characters.

First of all the tropes are just the worst- I feel like I was tricked into reading a story submitted to Playboy Magazine.

Second if all the complete lack of research into 19th century vernacular made it impossible to connect to either characters or story. The editor(s) did a huge disservice in letting that go.

No thank you.
Kaitie Mode
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I read 1.5 books in this series, just hoping for the main characters to slip up and prove to me that they're complex... flawed. I got tired of waiting. The hero is a dreamy, strong, sensitive, fight-for-his-girl, dreamboat. The heroin a perfectly beautiful damsel in distress. I couldn't swallow the cliche anymore.
Staci
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swept Away...
From page one I have been entrenched. Hard to even set this down to deal with life. Such a fun and creative fantastic journey. One or two bits of biblical prose built into a family legacy
Emily
I liked the general plot but the characters were poorly written and developed. The 1st person narrative of the characters were manner of speaking and thinking made them sound like immature preadolescents.
Angela V. Herndon
I really enjoyed the mysteries and magic that surrounded this story, I cannot wait to read the next episode!!! The journey that Devon took to meet up with his one true love is amazing within itself!!! Such a story deserves a standing ovation!!
Avid Bookivore
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book that I loved reading! I recommend this book to all readers who enjoy a fiery romance, action, and intrigue. The Phoenix Decree melts you to the bone!
Valerie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
The plot may have been good, but I couldn't get past the first few pages, which read as if they had been written by a 6th grader
Pat Allen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mythical romance

A family bloodline of true lovers passed down the generations.
A torrid love across centuries.
Delicious despite the impossibility.
Enjoy.
Shannan
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm dumbfounded at the ending and definitely need to read book two to fly understand everything.

The mirror is a cool piece of mythology with a twist I wouldn't have seen coming. As well as the wizard Faramond and the decrees/journals.

I loved the secondary characters of Kyle and Pris possibly more than I did the primary tale between Elz and Devon. I'm hoping that on top of following more between them, we see if the infamous connection brings together Jaymie and Jarrett.

Cheri Lajaunie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Wow! This book was amazing! I really enjoyed reading it! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!!
patti shatto-young
Great first book to start the series!

Can’t wait to get on to the rest of the books! Great way to start off a series! Love it!
Lisa Lenox
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: orphans
What a great book! Excitement, romance, adventure, time traveling mirrors....maybe....
Victoria
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Michelle Louise
Stilted dialogue, flat characters, and way too much info dump

There's a right way and a wrong way to reel in readers. This book is an example of the latter. Too much info dump that goes nowhere coupled with characters who feel so generic that they could be interchanged with cardboard cutouts and no one would notice.

I wanted to like this book, I really did, the premise presented in the summary was good, but misleading. The author spent more time reading a dead ancestor's diary than with the MMC,
Dawn West
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

I had no idea what to expect when I requested this book on NetGalley. The whole premise of a man from the past crossing time to find his true love in present day America had me intrigued, yet worried that it might be too predictable. But boy, was I wrong!

This book was great! Granted, it was entirely different than what I expected. I assumed the time-traveling would happen accidentally (think Outlander, an
P Leslie
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Wow this book completely blew me away. It was breathtakingly intense, captivating, yet takes you on an exciting adventurous journey through time.

Devon finds a journal which unlocks the secret of the very mirror that hangs in his bedchamber. The mirror, if used correctly, will show him his true love but will the awakening of his true love be a blessing or a curse?

For 6 yrs Devon body, mind and soul have been consumed by his true love:
Linda Rea
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is not my usual type of book as it is set in 1829 but the author tempts you right away. The story begins with a very confused Devon Phoenix reflecting on what he is going to do as he has been alone for the last six years when his friend Kyle comes back from the Americas. Devon swears Kyle to secrecy and begins to tell him about a diary he finds written by his long ago ancestor named Sedwic and his love of his life his wife Adelynn. His ancestor had claimed he saw his true love ...more
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in " The Phoenix Decree Saga "by Anna Albergucci ,and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this amazing story. Ms Albergucci has given us a story that will blew you away ,it's just breathtaking, really intense , it's quite captivating well it has you on a thunderous journey through time. This fabulous story right from start to finish will have you wanting more from this author. The way that Ms Albergucci has written this story is exceptionally good ,and it flows smoothly t ...more
Sa
Jul 30, 2016 marked it as dnf
*Minor spoilers* Okay, here's why I'm leaving this book for now.Devon and Kylie did not talk like 18th century aristocrats.Devon says that he's like a modern day man after staring at Elysian in the mirror.I say that this is a lazy excuse for the author lame.We read historical romances for the hot English aristocrats, with their sophistication and shit, not for this.What really annoys me is that there is insta love, explained away by some magical mumbo jumbo, like so many other books out there.I ...more
Angel Hatfield
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Devon was a Phoenix and had to be careful in someone he chooses to marry as it must be a passionate love. He knows you can be hurt by that and wants nothing to do with love. He is gathering some of his things to auction off for charity, and comes across a diary. The first Duke of Seton had written it. Devon was started on his training for becoming a duke at the age of three. As one day he would be duke and all that went with it. The first duke- Sedivic- fell in love with a servant girl Adelynn a ...more
angela
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an extraordinary story, of anguished love, two lovers so far away from each other, you won't believe it. Knowing, of the possibility of never having nor experiencing ones true love. Also, of great friendship, magical elements, and some very funny episodes.

This story is set at Wedlove Castle, Northern England 18 April 1829, and also 20th century American. With a diary, of ancient family history, and magical accounts.

This book was a delight to read, and I certainly look forward to readi
  • Cursed (Spellbound Regency #1)
  • The Viscount's Son (The Viscount's Son, #1)
  • Edge: Season One, Volume One (Edge: Season One #1-4)
  • Not Without Juliet
  • Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)
  • A Cross to Bear (Gabriella Cross, #1)
  • Air (The Elementals #2)
  • From the Mist (Hidden Cove, Book 1)
  • Her Alien Savior (Ultimate Passage, #1)
  • Miriya (Double Helix Case Files, #1)
  • A Knight to Remember (Merriweather Sisters Time Travel #1)
  • A Pirate's Wife for Me (Governess Brides, #11)
  • Hers to Choose (Verdantia, #2)
  • Awaken: Sleeping Beauty Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #6)
  • Come the Dawn (The Dangerous Delameres, #2)
  • Kiss Across Chains (Kiss Across Time #3)
  • Birdie's Nest
  • My Banished Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #2)
Personal Bio:

I adore castles & all they hold—people, furnishings, fashion, drama. A time travel author lost in a paranormal romance world & I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Professional Bio:

Married to her high school sweetheart, Anna Albergucci lives in Texas, surrounded by her ever-growing family and her fur babies.

As a child, Anna had a bright imagination and entertained others with the

The Phoenix Decree Saga (7 books)
  • Phoenix Unbound (The Phoenix Decree Saga, #2)
  • Phoenix Under Fire (The Phoenix Decree Saga, #3)
  • Phoenix Under Siege: Book Four in The Phoenix Decree Saga
  • Phoenix Untamed: Book Five in The Phoenix Decree Saga
  • Phoenix Unanchored: Book Six in The Phoenix Decree Saga
  • The Phoenix Decree Saga (Volumes 1-3)