Start by marking “The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)

The Surviving Trace

(Surviving Time #1)

Our love is timeless.

Will is my fiancé. The shy man I met years ago in college. The person I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

This is the life I’ve always wanted until finding a picture of four men changes everything…

Etienne says he’s my husband and the year is 1912. He can’t stand the sight of me, but I don’t know why.

Oh, and he’s one of the men from the
Published May 21st 2018

Jennifer Kyle
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

description

Serene Parow is very happy owning an antique shop with her best friend, Liz and is looking forward to setting a wedding date with her fiancé, Will. That is until the day her partner uncovers a box of photographs and memorabilia from 1912. Serene is extremely drawn to one photo in particular. It’s of four men sitting in front of a southern plantation. The intrigue and mystery goes one step further when she connects a vivid dream she had prior surrounding one of the men in the photo.

Ok
Nazanin
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5-3.75 Stars

I love this author’s works and read some of her books but they were mostly dark. I don’t like time travelling but still I wanted to try this one because you know it’s Ms. Read we speak about. So I read it and I was loving it! Until I read the last chapter! WTH?!?! I don’t know if this book is a standalone or not (all of the books I read by her were standalone) but this one didn’t end with HEA or even HFN! It just ends!!!! I don’t call it surviving time! Think about it, you have a p
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“ Love is your hoarse cries. Its your anger, it’s your sadness.
It’s your happiness and laughter.
It’s everything wrapped up into one.
Love is one of the heaviest words to exist.
It’s a miracle anyone survives it.
It’d be a wonder if I survive it."

WOW!

I didn’t think it would’ve been possible for this author to render me speechless, but damn it she did!! Im still trying to figure out what I just read but if I’m being completely honest wit myself, it’s the final chapter that did me in. I’m confu
Malene
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: part-of-a-series
I’m diving straight into book 2 cause with that ending and epilogue I have to! This time traveling romance was fabulous. From the intriguing beginning to trying to make the puzzle pieces fit and following Serene’s journey back in time this was truly an exhilarating ride. The people Serene meets and forms a very special bond and friendship with were incredible. Her and Étienne were fantastic. Such a wonderful and exciting dynamic. Don’t get me started on their chemistry. Delicious. That ending th ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
It sounds amazing!! ❤

Tapasya
A little long but interesting time travel romance read.
Loved Etienne and Serene ❤
Another wonderful book from Calia Read. I’m getting addicted to her writing.

The history details and names were slightly boring. But Serene made them interesting to me. I really felt for her and her dilemma. Some people may criticize her, as technically (view spoiler)
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first time I'd ever read a travel romance and it blew me away. That ending about killed me. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Rebecca
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Calia Read’s new release, The Surviving Trace, is quite a unique story, partly because of its time travel story line, but mostly because of the timeless love that seems to exist between two people who had never met until the heroine is transported back to 1912, immersed into a life that is completely foreign to her, and forced to make decisions that will not only alter the lives of the hero and the heroine but of everyone else involved in their lives - in both the hero and heroine’s eras.

The Su
Amber
4.5 stars. This book was so much fun to read. It’s a time travel romance that kept me glued to the pages.

Serene is living a nice life with her fiancé Will and working with her best friend in their antique store. While going through a box of antiques, she comes across an old photo of four men and feels some strange pull to the photo that she can’t explain. She realizes one of the men she saw in a vivid dream she recently had. A few days later and without explanation, she travels back in time and
Sera
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Beamin'
“Aren’t you scared?” I finally whispered. “Not at all,” she whispered back. Then she smiled. “I’m at peace.”

Well well well.
I must say I was quite surprised by this book.
A simple picture that changes history.
“Pictures, to some degree, show you how someone looks. But they’re not one-hundred percent accurate. ”

description
A girl discovering who she is.
“Time changes. People die and are born every second. But what stands the test of time is the world around us. I want to leave something to show that
Alexis
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an incredible book. But I still have so many questions.... Hoping for a second one.
Kimberly
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book! This book has consumed my life!

I have thought about this book every day since I finished it. And my mind is still reeling. It takes a special author with a special gift for writing to make me feel this way.

I have only ever been all consumed by a series two other times. What makes this book so special? Everything!

A unique story.

Foreshadowing that you know is foreshadowing and you still can’t figure out what’s going to happen.

Memorable characters that have worked their way into my h
Seffra
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This books was such a ride ! I loved the whole time travelling and the love story. Étienne was perfection and I loved their growth as a couple. However, there were times where I felt that the words lacked emotions sometimes. I knew what they should be feeling but I couldn't feel their emotions ALL the time.

Their slow burn relationship was awesome to read and that cliffy was awful. It was plain horror and torture. I cannot deal until we get the sequel.
Lorie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2018
4.5 STARS

The only word that comes to mind is............. WOW. This book was totally mesmerizing. I absolutely love that the story isn't mainstream or "traditional". Such a nice surprise!
Aria
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was crazy good! I’m not even sure where I got this title, but I’m sorry I haven’t read it sooner. However, it appears to be a trilogy and book 2 just released in November-about six months after this one. Keep that in mind when starting it.

Very Outlander like. Twenty-three year old Penn State grad, Serene, has a fabulous life. She is following her dream owning her own antique store with her college BFF. She’s engaged to be married to Will, her college sweetie. Serene has a weird dream that
Rea
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a world you want to get lost in. Coming from someone who loves period piece novels, movies and is a native South Carolinian, who grew up and attended school in Charleston, SC; I can't say much more about The Surviving Trace because I'm wanting to not be done with this world yet.

The idea of a love story that spans time and the world that Calia Read has created is spectacular. Having walked down the streets in Charleston and being a history loving fool, I have taken tours of plantation ho
Alyssa Summer
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was good!!
I enjoyed the time travel aspect and the couple a lot. It was left on a pretty big cliff hanger, so I’m going to wait to make a complete judgment until the end of them.
I did feel the pacing was a little off, and at times I flipped back in the book because I felt like I had missed something, even though I didn’t. (view spoiler)
Imani
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I gotta say, I read this like a madwoman. I was entranced in the storyline and the fact that shorter chapters made it faster to read.

I have loved Reed's writing ever since I read Unravel and one of my favorite topics are reincarnation/time travel.

Serene is just a regular woman who owns an antique shop with her best friend and engaged to an amazing man.

That is, until she comes across an old photo of a group of men standing in front of a house. She can't keep her mind off of the men that a
Harley Quinn
Recently I stumbled upon a black and white photos in my family albums. They were so amazing that I actually took a moment and asked my mom who were the people in the photo. My mom shared with me some interesting stories that I didn't know. Sadly, that is often not the case of storytelling at my home, to share some stories from old times.

Reading this book I often recalled that moment of pure bliss and curiosity of finding out life stories of my long distance family. I was often hit by nostalgia.
CLEO
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found myself so intrigued with the whole time travel scenario. I love the characters and their wit! It was so different and interesting. Great to read something out of the ordinary that keeps you captivated and wanting more. It was a great adventure. Can't wait to read The Reigning and the Rule!

Amy
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 4-stars
4.5 Stars

Brilliant. This story has me completely hooked and the ending left me dying for more. I can not wait to see how this story is going to end. I loved it.
Tangerine
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

Mollie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a hard one for me to rate. I don't even like reviewing these without having answers to at least a few burning questions. While I understand the gist of things, I still can't let go of the whys. (view spoiler) ...more
YaYa
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I feel like someone just pushed me off a plane without a parachute.

To be continued.
Melissa Weidman
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was swept away with this book. I love when that happens.
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Calia Read, I’ve read everything she’s published. When I saw the cover for this book, I was enamored; it’s so freaking beautiful. However, when I read the synopsis, I wasn’t sold. Time travel? Not my thing. So, I took a step back and thought about it for a minute, I knew Calia wouldn’t lead me astray, and I threw myself into this book full steam ahead; such a great decision. The Surviving Trace was wonderful and different than anything else I’ve ever read.

The world building in this novel
Lady Westfall
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
OHMYGOD! This gave me ultimate Outlander feels! I've always loved the idea of Time Travel and if I'm not mistaken, I think this is the very first full on book I've read that solely focuses on Time Travel romance. The Parallel universe in the Firebird trilogy is different for me lol.

Serene was taken away from her own time in the present and was sucked into 1912. And she has a husband from 1912, Etienne, who hates her with all his guts.
I'm sooooo inlove with Etienne and the present Serene's rela
Kayla
Let me start by saying I really liked this story, it was unique and different and the h is strong and independent and funny and she doesn't let the strong alpha male H walk all over her. It's fun to read about their power struggle and it's even more refreshing to see the mutual respect they have for one another and that h isn't just some simpering ninny controlled by her hooha (don't get me wrong I also like some stories like that too, but this was a nice change from that). And the plot is great ...more
  • An Eternity of Eclipse (An Eternity of Eclipse #1)
  • First Impressions (April Loves Black Coffee, #1)
  • Enthrall Him (Enthrall, #3)
  • Midnight Hunter
  • Epoch (Transcend Duet, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Hurt (Taint, #3)
  • A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)
  • Gallipoli Street
  • Loving on Borrowed Time (Lovers' Leap, #1)
  • The Ground Rules Undone (The Rule Breakers, #3)
  • Enlightened (Eve #2)
  • Sanctify (Unbinding Fate, #2)
  • Housewife
  • Echo the Stars
  • Harbour (Runaway Home, #1)
  • Burning Truth (Burning, #2)
  • Grayson
Calia Read lives in Texas with her husband and their five kids.

You can find her constantly on Facebook and Instagram:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ailacread/

Surviving Time (2 books)
  • The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)
“The heart is a funny thing. It pumps blood through your body, but it does so much more than that. Hearts can lie, can pull the wool over your eyes. But I know I’m doing the right thing by listening to mine.” 2 likes
“I love you, and I don’t know how to share you with another man, and I don’t want to learn.” 0 likes